Login to your account

The Coming Darkness 2

Finish your journey in this anime-themed roleplay.......

Tags: action, adventure, anime, awesome holy crap moments, drama, fighting, life, magic, romance, school life, swag, yolo

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: IamEnzo

Created: 12-22-2012, 07:18 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Posts 481 to 510 of 665

1. Characters in this post:
    Candy tilted her head at the mans explanation, a bit surprised that he would talk to a computer. But at the same time, part of her wasn't surprised. She wasn't really sure. Either way, it wasn't that weird. She at least understood where he was coming from. She shrugged, and moved her feet off the couch so he could sit down if he wanted. "I would want to give her a voice. A sweet, soft voice, one that is pleasant for you to listen to. That way, you wouldn't get tired of hearing her respond to you." Candy giggled a bit at the thought, and leaned back on the couch again. "What are your plans now?" she asked, patting the empty couch next to her.

2. Characters in this post:
    "Yeah, guess you're right." He liked the thought of giving Sue a sweet voice, like Candy's. It would be wonderful. He put Sue back on her bag and stood up to sit down near Candy. "Now? Hmm. . . I think. . ." His mobile rang in that moment and he didn't get to sit down. He took it out of his pocket. "It's Felix." A wide smile ran through his face. He left the bag on the ground and approached the window. There, he pushed a button on his mobile and took it to his ear. "Good morning, Mr. Tormod."

3. Characters in this post:
    Candy's eyes grew wide when he told her who was calling. She zipped her lips shut, and watched as Dass got up to answer the call. Dass really did seem like a sweet man, and it was kind of refreshing to be around. Plus, he had an adorable smile. She wondered about his more personal life, and if he had many friends or family. She'd have to ask about it later, if whatever Felix had going on for him didn't end up killing him. She looked down next to the coffee table and saw her bag, which she grabbed and pulled out a couple things. First, a ball of yarn, followed by a pair of needles. She began wrapping the yarn around one needle, and then began knitting something. She might as well knit since she's trying to pass the time a bit.

4. Characters in this post:
    Giving him a smug smirk, Lauren winked playfully as she dug in. Of course she liked her bacon. There was still enough for him, if he wanted more bacon. "You could have more too, no need to fret." Glancing at his side, she tilted her head. "Hm.. How's it feel?" Didn't look too good, and, if she'd known any better, the stain was spreading a little.

"Not gonna pass out on me, are ya?" The guy, as far as she could tell, was an ordinary human. If he was going to pass out, she would appreciate a warning. That way, she'd be able to get him to a better location and not haul his ass halfway across the house.

5. Characters in this post:
    Eli shook his head, smiling. "It's fine, that was good enough for me." He looked down at his side, seeing the stain and frowning. "It hurts a little, but that's something that hasn't gone away since I was in the hospital." He shook his head more. Eli didn't tend to pass out. Even when he got shot, he didn't pass out. They had to knock him out in the ambulance because he wouldn't stop trying to move, talk, or do anything. "Nah, I'm tough. This is nothing compared to some things I've experienced. No need to worry about me passing out."

6. Characters in this post:
    Jacen recognized the sound of the beeping and rolled into his equipment locker before the blast...one of the few completely bomb-proof places in his home. What the fuck just happened.
    From behind a closed door, a laptop mounted into the wall of the room showed the feed from the security camera. Jacen's eyes went completely wide at the sight before him. An 8 foot mecha, armed to the teeth and combat ready was in his office and searching for him. Thankfully, the reinforced steel kept him from showing on conventional sensors and his cryomancer powers allowed him to constantly keep his body temperature at levels that would be undetected by IR scanning. That is not in front of me...that shouldn't even exist!! Why is it in my office...how is it in my office...how is it on Japanese soil and no one reported it!? Jacen had a million thoughts running through his head and his eyes were glued to the camera. It hasn't seen me...I can't let that thing stay active, I can't let the JSF see it or any of the media..but I can't destroy it either. He took a deep breath and collected his thoughts. I should still have that copy... He turned back to the computer and entered a command search before clicking the file folder. After entering the password, Jacen's fear was confirmed. The mecha outside matched the blueprint on his screen titled 'Project Valkyrie' His mind instantly flashed back to a mission in Mogadishu where he was on a government contract for a counter-terror operation. He had to take blueprints and kill a computer system inside of a military base, suspected of dealing with terrorists to create weapons that could be used against the world. They were successful and all members were dealt with by Interpol...or at least they should have been. This shouldn't exist...we signed a treaty at the UN. No country is allowed to build this, let alone operate it. I destroyed that entire network...no Somalians have access to this...someone else was in on the project...someone outside of the government...someone outside of the entire fucking United Nations and Interpol. I need to take this thing down and quick. Jacen pulled two EM pulse tabs off of his equipment rack and stuck them together for increased effect and unsheathed his HF blade. If this is the same thing we stopped before production, I can neutralize it without destroying it...if I move unreasonably fast and everything is perfect to the T...I'll only have one shot.
    Jacen tapped a panel on the door and set it to open in 5 seconds in silent mode. The hard part...
    The door opened up and he threw the tab onto the Valkyrie's leg, hoping it would activate as planned. The Valkyrie instantly rotated its lower body to face Jacen and the "eye" turned bright red. Jacen readied his blade but changed his expression once he noticed the EM pulse didn't go off. The Valkyrie's minigun began to spin and Jacen's eyes once again grew wide as saucers. He nearly panicked before jumping off of his desk and slicing the minigun at the base from the mecha's shoulder. A miniature rocket appeared from the opposite shoulder but stopped as the Valkyrie was enveloped by blue electricity and slumped. Jacen slid between the legs of the Valkyrie and jumped toward its back, making a horizontal cut exactly at the cord...neutralizing it before it could blow him to bits. The lights from the mecha went dark and the entire thing powered down as it emitted a whir.
    Jacen lowered his blade and sighed, looking at the destroyed wall and dead mecha in front of him. Hard part's over...
    He was snapped out of the brief moment of relaxation as he heard sirens in the distance grow louder. "Shit."
    He pulled his cell phone from his pocket and dialed a few numbers into the touchpad. The line clicked twice before a male's voice began to speak.
    "You have reached the Japanese Emergency Response's dispatc-
    "Save it, Takamura. This is Eirsith, code 3474-990A. Call off your squad, I had some ordnance explode during routine maintenance...everything is fine."
    "This is the second time in 6 months, what the fuck could you possibly be doing with ordnance this late at night? Commissioner would have your ass in a heartbeat...that contractor status of yours doesn't mean you can blow shit up at night and get off scot free. You're lucky he allowed you to do it the first time...I'll issue a cease and desist to all news outlets and give orders to stay away. But this is the LAST time, do you hear me?"
    "Someone else is paying me and the blast only fucked up my house, I'll work on whatever I goddamn well please...don't get your panties in a bunch."
    "Are all you mercenary types such destructive assholes? Don't forget that you're only protected by the law when you're on work...the only reason you don't have angry taxpayers at your doorstep in the mornings."
    "Yeah, yeah...bitch bitch bitch...I'll buy you a couple of beers and you'll forget all about it. You don't even have to work in the streets anymore, I don't see why you're complaining."
    "I deal with other people calling for shit all the time when they could just call regular emergency, and then your ass ends up on the line."
    "You sure you should be swearing in the dispatch area, Taka?"
    "Nobody gives a fuck...I'm the only one on a call right now and everyone in this office knows it's your dumb ass on the other end..."
    "Whatever...tell those idiots I send my regards."
    "You better get me some grilled skewers with that beer too, Eirsith. Or I'll tell Sakaki about your little experiment."
    "Never figured you for the extortionist type, Taka...and you're pushing it. You breathe a word, and I'll tell her what you told me that night you got put in dispatch...the bar version."
    The line went silent for a split second.
    "You wouldn't." Takamura's voice lowered to a whisper.
    "Try me. I've done jobs in 20 different countries and have dirt on 14 of them...I don't think your...pillow is a threat to national security."
    "You ARE a devious bastard...you know what brand I like."
    The line went dead and Jacen hung up his phone.
    He looked over at the dead mecha in front of him and his destroyed wall.
    I have to get this shit in the garage and try and get some sleep...so I can deal with that fucker Felix in the morning. Best believe he's going to be answering some questions about this too...rich as he is, I already don't trust him...

7. Characters in this post:
    The odd robed men wasted no time on formalities. They had burst through the front door of Adorra's home the moment it opened, in an attempt to find the boy. "A moment of your time, if you will." Said the man wielding the staff-like weapon. Raen could hear the heavy steps of full body armor and the clank of moving gear and weapons. He lifted a hand to his mouth and tried his best to breathe lightly.

There was no real way of telling if they were near the closet or not, but he had to cross his fingers and hope that they weren't.
    "You're a magician. Have you felt any odd energy move by, recently?" The mage questioned Marcus.

8. Characters in this post:
    Marcus smiled before the men burst through the door at Dora. The cute barmaid wasn't just a pretty face to look at, she was also pretty damn strategic. A cloaked man approached him soon after he opened the door, his two other men spreading out. "Odd energies? Hmm, can't say that I have. Apart from you guys, I don't think either of us have felt any magical energy for quite some time. You see, I'm a farmhand and my...wife here is a bartender." He nonchalantly brushed past the gentleman and closed the door. "Sorry, we just got a new cat and would prefer if he stayed an indoor." Marcus smiled and turned to Dora, "Honey, have you felt any odd energies lately?" He walked over to the kitchen, and grabbed her hips gently. "Smells good, I've always loved your cooking." He kissed her softly on the cheek before grabbing three glasses from the cupboard, "Gentleman, would any of you like a drink?"

"Dass Tisdale, I'm glad you're available. We are running quite a bit ahead of schedule after a new discovery, and I would like for you to begin work tomorrow. Meet me in my office first thing tomorrow morning and I will assign to you your accommodations and research lab. I am very glad to have you on my team." Though his voice lacked enthusiasm, he forced excitement into his words to assure Dass that he was really needed.

9. Characters in this post:
    Honestly, Enzo was surprised Silver didn't ask to stay with him. The black haired woman implied she'd be good on her own as she made her way back to the others. In any case, Enzo was done, though he did ponder if he could give them all a ride back to their respective homes.

He decided to wait for them to be ready before he left. It wouldn't make sense to drive off and leave them without legal transportation. His chin came to rest atop the steering wheel as he waited.

Meanwhile, inside the warehouse, Argo and Juro were getting to work. They shared experiences that they had at the castle.
    "There was this one girl - I don't know if you or your magic friends know her - but she's definitely not one of those bastards that attacked." Juro explained as he connected to the secure wifi on his computer. "She had eyes like a snake and her movements weren't anything close to a human's." "Oh yeah? Sounds like an everyday magician." "She would have killed me had it not been for her superior calling her back." As much as Juro would hate to admit it, he was legitimately afraid for once. He had narrowly escaped death, and made it a mental note to not be so careless next time.

Silence fell in the room. The two of them searched through the internet and began investigating for a while. Argo had his own portable laptop he kept with him, while Juro had his main computer, complete with Eve inside of it for assistance. Juro's eyes locked onto Argo for a moment.
    "Why are you helping magicians?" This question brought Argo to meet Juro's gaze with his own. "You're a rich man. Someone who'd fight against magic."
    Argo smiled at this, and shook his head. His focus went back to his laptop. "Well, boy'o. In most cases, money can corrupt a man, but once you've already got everything a man can ask for, you start thinking about stuff you normally wouldn't have. Like magic, or poor kids. I remembered magic back in it's glory days. My neighbors were actually magicians. Real nice couple, a cute ginger kid as an offspring, yanno?"

At this point, it just looked like Argo was about to tell a campfire story. He glanced up at the air above him in an attempt to recall the events he talked about. "They always helped me with me and my problems. I wasn't a magician, nor was I rich - I owed a lot of people. A lot. Nobody else would help me but my neighbors. Financially, socially. That kind of thing. No normal skag would help me out, but those 'hellish magic users' sure did."

It was obvious why Argo was helping now. He missed the old way of life. 5 years later, everyone's stuck up, and bent on hate. They hated magic because of a misunderstanding, and it escalated into a global shut-out of magic." "I see..." Juro nodded, going back to typing. "Why do you do it? You don't strike me as the Gandolf type." "I-it's for personal reasons. I don't really take sides, to be honest. I just want to achieve my goal and be done with it all." "I see..." Argo said, mockingly. The two of them exchanged smiles, and went back to work.

10. Characters in this post:
    Dass smiled."A new discovery?"Curiosity kicked out. "Well, anyway, this is not the moment. I'll make sure to ask tomorrow about it."He thought quickly."Of course, sir, you can count on me, I'll be there. I'm also glad to be on the team." And that put an end on the conversation. He turned to find that Candy was knitting. He looked at her for a while and then he sat down beside her on the couch. "I start tomorrow." He said before taking Sue out of the bag and turning her on.

11. Characters in this post:
    "Hmm, I can't say that I have either," she blushed softly as he kissed her on the cheek, but continued to prepare their dinner. "I forgot to ask you what you wanted for dinner is what I've got laid out alright? Ah before I forget, I put our wedding bands and my engagement ring up in the safe--upstairs in the bedroom. If we can't really wear them at work without damaging them, I would prefer them to be safe." She paused, "No offense to you fine gentlemen, I would prefer to tell my husband in private what the new code is." She pointed to a room beyond where they all were now, "The dining room is right beyond here if the three of you would like to make yourselves comfortable. You're actually our first guests."

12. Characters in this post:
    The magic 'extremists' spread throughout the house. The leading mage followed Marcus into the kitchen, where his 'wife' was cooking. During their conversation, the mage kept a lookout for anything out of the ordinary. So far, the 'couple' looked ordinary, though the mage found it quite odd that they forced the fact that they were married. The husband offered the mage a drink, to which he responded with "No thank you."

Raen could hear the mage near the closet. Everyone's voices came closer. His chest rose and fell quickly, his hand still over his mouth. The mage fell silent. It was clear he was using some kind of magic to find him, but after a few minutes, he gave up. "Alright, men. Boy's not here." He beckoned to the men in the backyard, and his shout had called those that were in different rooms to reassemble outside. The mage turned to the 'couple' once more. "Apologizes for disturbing your cooking." And with that, the mage regrouped with the men outside and they continued their search down the street.

13. Characters in this post:
    "It wasn't a problem at all. I hope you find what you're looking for." Marcus offered a cheery smile before closing the door behind his 'guests' and slumping against it, letting out an extended sigh of relief. "That curry shrimp smells really good by the way. You are going to finish making it, right? I'm starving." He let out a chuckle and went towards where the broom closet had been, putting his hand through the now fading conjured wall and letting Raen out. "There, that should get them off your trail for a while." He started to dust the boy off, "Are you alright?"

14. Characters in this post:
    Adorra nodded curtly and a wicked grin appeared on her face after the men left, "That was quite fun." She giggled as she summoned a decent sized traveling pack for the boy while her back was still turned, "Help yourself to the fridge and cabinet's--there's a jar full of tip money there, too. Take it. If you'd like, I have already packed you a few pairs of clothes. Judging on your size they should fit. There's rations, water, a fire-starter, kindling, and anything else I could think of. Take my Uncles parka, head into the mountains--they're still pretty cold. It's your best bet, kiddo. I can't promise they won't find you, but I can veil you for quite some time after you leave. The pack should shrink if you decide to be a little kitty again. There's no magical trace on any of the things. Just, be careful and sorry about the sword thing."

Dora turned briefly and blushed at Marcus, "I was planning on continuing, though another kiss and there might be dessert or sweet of your choice." She giggled, "I figured salad's would be fine with the curry--if you'd like to prepare those."

15. Characters in this post:

sadistic xxxxx cyborg xxxxx assassin'
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
    Yellow glowing eyes, stared out of the shadows of Felix's office. When the call ended, a husky female voice rang out, one full of amusement in it. "Best not to play poker, boss man. You may loose when people who are able to know what your feeling, can tell you are bluffing." Chuckling, the female cyborg soon walked out of the shadows. Still within her usual outfit, that hugged her whole body. She was actually holding one of her throwing knives in her fingers. Passing the weapon back and forth over her knuckles. As if it was just a simple coin. Her gaze went to the book, that he had been wanting, raising her brow at it. "This is the big deal? A book? Don't see how it would make such a uproar."

Shrugging, Ash made her way to a chair, and sat down in it with her feet propped up on the edge of the desk. Even though it wasn't right, the bottom of her shoes were spotless. If there is one thing Ash made sure of, it was to keep everything clean. Having artificial skin does that to you. Her snake like eyes, roamed over the one that funded her re-birth, and smirked at him. Her long tongue sliding out to slid against her lips as she also tasted the air. The taste of musk was in the air, and she knew that Felix had been with his mistress. "So, got anything more fun for me to do? You kind of ruined my mood, when I was just about to have fun with a nice, cute boy."

Ash's eyes lowered more, as she gave a deep husky chuckle. "I would have love to hear the sounds he made.....when I made him bleed." She actually shivered in a excited way when she said it. Yeah, Ash was sadistic that way.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    ██ █ ██▌{ METAL SNAKE }██▌█ ██

16. Characters in this post:
    Felix had jumped a bit hearing Ash's voice hiss from the shadows. He turned to watch her walk (more like slither) her way to his desk and throw her feet up on it. Regardless if her feet were clean or not he pushed them softly off the hardwood, "Do not do that. I've told you this, how many times?" She continued to smile at him in that creepy serpentine way, "I really wish I had more of a say on what she was to look like." He shuttered as she spoke, the sadism and eeriness in her voice made his body shiver; goosebumps ran up his spine.
    Within a few hours, daylight would break the horizon and his new employees would be arriving for their first day of work. It was worthy of a minor celebration. Pulling two cigars from their humidor, he lit one for himself and tossed another towards Ash. He leaned against the shelf and took a few puffs before finally addressing her concerns.
    "To be honest, I am not sure why they wanted the book either. But when I opened it, it made me feel...weird. As if something was awakened inside me that I had never known." He blew a couple of smoke rings into the air, "Oddly enough, I found a magician willing to cooperate with me on discovering the roots of the book, as it is written in an arcane language I assume to only known by the magi themselves." His eyes met her vacant yellow ones and he shuttered again, "I also have a rather intelligent bloke coming in to work on the magic nullification project for our cyborgs and mecha machines. The imbeciles down in R&D have just been wasting time, so I thought it would be appropriate to bring in a new face. He seems to be very technologically savvy and I am putting a lot of faith in his work." With a final drag of the expensive Cuban cigar, he butted it out in an ivory ashtray. "I do have some work for you though. You may recall there were a few 'Guardians' who accompanied Argo in attempting to acquire the book. And, as I'm sure you know, Tau and his men failed to eliminate them afterwards. The communicator on Argo's sleeve shorted out shortly after the confrontation, so we have been unable to track him since them. This is of course where you come. I need you to find them and take them out or in the very least 'rough them up'. The Italian knows too much and is far too keen on helping out the magi, he is your primary target. The others, well consider them your new 'toys' once you have dispatched their informant." A sinister grin crossed his lips.

Marcus slowly walked over to Dora and tilted her head softly to his. He leaned down and kissed her tender lips gently, "Cheesecake sounds great." As playful smile spread across his face, he pulled away. He turned to the fridge and pulled out a head of lettuce along with some crisp vegetables. As he started chopping up the greens he looked up at Raen, whose face still expressed worry and discontent. "They are gone buddy, you're safe now." He offered the boy another reassuring smile.

17. Characters in this post:
    She blushed a deeper red, "Mmm, cheesecake sounds delicious. It just so happens I have the cream cheese to make one. I even have a pie crust set up in the freezer. I was going to to use it for something else, but that definitely sounds even better key lime right about now." She laughed as the cat walked in and mewed at Adorra for shrimp, "Should I keep the cat? It's kind of cute." The cat proceeded over to Marcus and started to to rub against his legs, "I made him super friendly.."

18. Characters in this post:
    Once the voices had faded away with the sound of a door closing, the closet opened up, and Marcus gave him the all clear. In reality, he was still shaken up at the possibility of being caught. He accidentally breathed in some dust, instantly coughing once he felt it inside him.

He saw the traveling pack materialize out of thin air, and made a mental note of what Adorra said, though he won't be heading towards any mountains.

"I thank you for the hospitality, but i'm on a search of my own. It was my mistake to think the people I was looking for would reside within the Brotherhood of Magic." He paid them a smile, and took the traveling pack. Despite all that Adorra said was inside, it felt light. At first, he thought it was his strength, but then again, it just may be magic at work once more. He gave one last gesture of farewall to the ...couple? And went to the front door, looking both ways out of it before leaving.

19. Characters in this post:
    Dass' phone alarm sounded, a new day was dawning and he had to prepare himself for his new job. It was his first day and he wanted to make a good impression. He got up from the bed and looked around while rubbing his right eye. The room was rather unfamiliar and he remembered he was on Candy's house. He tidied the room a bit, prepared his clothes and headed to the bathroom to take a shower and shave himself. He went to his room again, his hair still wet, and put on his clothes. "New day, new job, new life. I'll even have a new house. Everything changed so quickly." He sighed and exited the room, Sue's bag in hand. He stood on the living room, he was so nervous he wasn't even hungry. He could be excited about the job, but he wasn't stupid, he knew that Felix was dangerous, he was about to discover one of T.F.I. most important projects and also one of the most secret and it wasn't going to be easy to get out of there alive. "Well, what's life without action? You were never the kind of person who just have a job and a family, you like adrenaline. That's why you became a hacker." He walked to the window. "I wonder if Candy's awake."

20. Characters in this post:
    Acies appreciated the prospect. Getting to the mainland, getting there fast, keeping the boat with them so he can sell it off once they reach the place, there were virtually no drawbacks. Of course, he was not entirely aware of the means Angelo intended to use but in his current state he couldn't afford to be picky. "Then by all means, let's make haste." He'd utter with a polite smile.

21. Characters in this post:
    Angelo nodded with a pleased grin. He was almost certain that Acies would be a bit suspicious of his method of travel. He turned to Manilla and nudged at her shoulder for her to follow his lead. His eyes narrowed as he looked over the water by the edge of the isle of Whiterun trying to see if he could spot Acies' boat right away to speed up the process but it ended up in null. It didn't look like Acies had docked too close to the school. Maybe that or there was a overhanging ledge that dwarfed Angelo's view. Realizing his quick search was becoming fruitless he turned back to Acies. "So where is your boat, anyway?"

22. Characters in this post:

sadistic xxxxx cyborg xxxxx assassin'
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
    The knife within Ash's fingers suddenly was shooting up. And then slamming down at the tip of the cigar, cutting off the end like they should be before smoking. Sniffing through her nose, she took in the scent of it, by just having it cut. A good one. But one she rather not deal with. It wasn't all that fun anymore, when your own body was able to filter out certain chemicals. Even more no fun, when everything you taste, just like a snake, you knew what was in it. It was why she only ate few, or did anything that was considered bad for a human. Only cutting people up, was the next best thing she could do. Tongue sliding out once more, Ash's hooded yellow orbs watched Felix as he explained the situation. "So we basically have two people coming in, to do something for us, but is this magi rat truthworthy to look into this book?" She asked shrewdly. Raising a brow as she sat there.

The smoke went untouch still, when he went on about a job for her. She perked up. Quickly sitting forward now, as her eyes slowly lowered more. That smirk growing wider, as her tongue darted out. This time, it looked more thin like a real snakes, as she hissed out in a husky tone. "Oooooh, you spoil me, Daddy~" It was a joke. A wrong one on her part, but one she took in pleasure when she saw the man shiver everytime she spoke to him.

It was her way of getting back at him, for using her like a servant half the time. Chuckling, Ash slowly stood up in a smoth motion, reaching out to pluck the knife up, and slipping it into one of her many holsters she had hidden on her form. Which was pretty hard, since her outfit gave ALOT of people to look at. "Understood~ I'm hoping that I can find someone that would be tougher.....I love to have a private session with them~" Ash shivered, at the images that went through her head. One of her secret habits, was to find people that wouldn't cry or break down when she went at them. She would take them, and keep them somewhere dark and secret.

The things she did to them. It was clear, that even if the accident she had in the past didn't do it, Ash would have grew up into one stick twisted woman no matter what. Having cyborgnetic implants, just made it worst. Picking up the cut cigar, she gave a flick of her tongue at it, and made a face. She then tossed it back over to Felix as she gave a lopsided smile. "Plus, you know how I am with stuff like this. If you really want to reward me, find me a partner like Godkiller. Then I'll be reaaaaaally greatful~" With that said, Ash let out a deep laugh, as she silently left the room. Just as the door closed, it was like she wasn't even there. Yet the knife mark in the desk, was proof enough.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    ██ █ ██▌{ METAL SNAKE }██▌█ ██

23. Characters in this post:
    "Boat." As he had called the object, Acies summoned the boat and it landed directly in front of them into the water. "I have summoning magic so I tend to hide away my things... reduces the risk of theft, you know?" He would let out simply as he put a foot on the edge of the large rowing boat. It was difficult to assume a single man had rowed such a large thing all the way here. As he waited for whatever magic was to come to occur, he brushed a hand through his dark locks and stepped into the frame of the vehicle.

24. Characters in this post:
    As Ash slipped out the door, Felix sat back down at his desk and ran a finger over the nick in the hardwood. He clacked his tongue against his teeth to make a 'tsk' noise and sighed. In his other hand was a cut cigar, in its current condition it wouldn't stay fresh for long even if it were placed back in the humidor. With a shrug he put it in his mouth and began to puff, "Waste not, want not." He muttered, sitting with one leg over another. The sun had finally broke from the horizon and cars were beginning to bustle in this city below. Soon Jacen and Dass would be in his office, and their employment with T.F.I. would commence.

Marcus smiled and knelt beside the cat, scratching under its chin. It lifted its head in compliance and purred happily. "I'm glad. I really do like cats, they just don't usually seem to like me." He rubbed its head softly before going back to preparing the vegetables for the salads. "So," the former teacher started awkwardly, "this isn't going to be a one night thing, is it?" He took a moment to think back to his relationship with Ines before things turned sour, their chemistry just wasn't there and all though they still worked productively and comfortably side by side after the break up, things remained tense up until the school was bombed. He hadn't seen her since, was she even still alive? A low sigh escaped his lips and he shifted his eyes to Dora who was continuing to prepare dinner. She was the first person in quite a long time to make him feel something special. Within the short amount of time they spent together, he felt a spark between them.

25. Characters in this post:
    "Well, this one will. He's my first pet," she grinned softly as opened the fridge, grabbed leftover shrimp, and then placed it on the floor, "Here you, Alfie." The cat darted over to the peeled shrimp and began to eat, "I would pet you, but I need to finish cooking." She turned back around, finished up the curry, pulled out two plates--placed them on the counter, and served the two. After which she pulled the skillet off red-hot eye and turned it off. She then grabbed two sets of silverware an two fabric napkins, her fists clenched around them as she built enough courage to answer. Her face flushed an even brighter red, "I would hope not, you're the first guy I've even--" her ears had turned red as she turned to face him, "--made dinner for. I hope you like it."

26. Characters in this post:
    Dass knew he couldn't spend more time looking through the window. The Sun was now visible between the skyscrappers, so he turned and wrote a note for Candy, telling her he had gone to work. He left it on a table where it was clearly visible and left the house.

Half an hour later he was passing through the security controls of T.F.I. headquaters. Everything was ok and the guards let him pass, he headed to the elevator and pushed the button of Felix's office floor. The elevator's doors closed and it started moving. He felt a knot in the stomach, nerves. Dass breathed slowly to calm down. The elevator stopped, the doors opened and Felix's secretary greeted him and told him to enter in the office. Dass knocked the door and waited.

27. Characters in this post:
    Volitaire had pointed his head up towards the sky. The mid-afternoon had just begun. The sun wasn't too visible over the shade provided by the warehouse but the air cooled slightly, giving sign of the afternoon's passing. The mage's thoughts finally clear he felt he could finally confront Enzo properly with giving some actual attention. He felt he needed it if he looked as if he was stricken with some sort of deep turmoil. Enzo's decline in mood was still unbeknownst to the Storm Guardian, it seemed to appear suddenly but he did remember hearing Silver bring up Sasha. What didn't add up was the that when he returned from his task he seemed to be pushed down deeper into this depression. He knew that a lot came with being who he was and having to lose so many close people could rip a hole in a man as "seemingly" young as him. At this point Volitaire was already back in his thoughts while subconsciously walking to the recognized Audi parked with Enzo waiting inside. He calf had touched the hubcap of the wheel and snapped him out of his self-induced trance, perfect timing too he would have ended up walking in his linear path. He had pulled open the sleek black doors and threw himself inside, facing forward with a strait yet stern look on his face. That's usually how his face was kept, his mind was constantly on something and his face always made that trait of his obvious. He kept his gaze to the warehouse to see if anyone else exits. There was a moment of silence in the car as Volitaire had tried to figure out what to say to begin some sort of conversation between the two. "You're down. What happened?" Strait to the point, yes. But there wasn't much more for Voli to say. It's probably best to get strait to it before one of them derails off the subject.

28. Characters in this post:
    Angelo rose an eyebrow to Acies' summoning magic. He's heard of it but never saw it in action. Quite the unusual but interesting sight. As Acies had carefully stepped within the surprisingly big boat, Angelo had carefully stepped over the port hoping not to tip the thing with his weight. Being unfamiliar with boat travel was a little unnerving for him as this was his first time stepping into one. The boat tipped slightly but didn't seem to stress Angelo's weight too much, which was a relief. Lightly placing his foot down, he repeated this with his other foot and took a seat inside waiting for Manilla to climb her way in. He had no worry for her, as Manilla was practically weightless. Angelo had turned his torso to face behind him in case he may blast something by accident with his flames. He made a quick scan of the area behind him to find that the area was clear enough for him to try out his reckless plan. He turned back to Acies giving a nod of approval and positioned his hand behind him. His forehead Flame ignited and his eyes turned their magenta shade. His gauntlets enveloped his hands with a small sphere of his flame swirling into place in front of his palm. A small shockwave stretched over the sphere and dissipated making a whistling sound under the low roar of his flame. In that same moment the sphere had burst, making into a thruster that propelled the boat at a reasonably fast speed as the three made way towards the island.

29. Characters in this post:
    Enzo couldn't help but chuckle a little when Volitaire realized his mood change. He knew he would. Maybe he could sense it through the rings. Either way, he looked over to him, chin still on the wheel. "I'll fill you in once everyone's back home safely." What he said was a clue that they needed to recollect themselves. Half of them had nowhere to go, and if Enzo and Volitaire were to leave, they would have to stay at the hideout, which would most likely prove to be difficult with Juro.

His eyes returned to the space in front of the car. His mind searched for things to talk about with his Storm Guardian.
    "So, Faye, huh?" He asked, lifting his head after his sentence and giving a teasing expression. "Yeah - I've sensed it in you. There's something going on between you two, isn't there?" In reality, talking like this kept his mind off of his own worries, which boosted his mood.

30. Characters in this post:
    She followed, silent as always. Manilla usually let Angelo do the talking, and this was no different. Manilla wasn't particularly interested in the other male, and only blinked when he demonstrated his magic.

Manilla stepped into the boat after Angelo, and as suspected, the boat barely tipped when she entered. Being Soulless had its perks. She sat as Angelo began to push the boat forwards, making no sound at all.
    ------
    "That damn bastard," she swore under her breath as she kicked the ground beneath her. Sasha's eyes blinked, "The 'ell did he mean, 'we can fix whatever's broken'? Such a liar.

The female paced the ground she huffed, and turned back to Kyoya, "So? What do you need me to do next?"

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Posts 481 to 510 of 665