Login to your account

Occultia Academy - Closed

Occultia, sometimes called O'cult, is a private academy that hand selects students to enroll. Those selected receive a letter in the mail that requests his/her enrollment. All fees and tuition costs are wavered, making travel the only monetary issue.......

Tags: academy, adventure, alchemists, college, heroes, magic, magicians, school, shapeshifters, students, superhumans, supernatural, teachers, witches

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 09-07-2011, 06:48 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Posts 241 to 270 of 341

1. Characters in this post:
    Once he had picked everything out that he wanted, he almost frowned. Now the trouble of finding an open table. He placed the bottle onto his tray, making sure he didn't place it on his food. Once that was done, he balanced it on one hand while he grabbed the cane and made his way carefully to a table. Most were taken, but soon enough, he found an empty one. Placing the cane on the edge of the table he placed his tray down and reached for his chair. Once finding it, he pulled it out and carefully sat down.

He felt for his silverware before realizing he'd forgotten to grab them. A small scowl appeared on his face. "Great.." he muttered before sighing. Pushing back his chair, he went to find the forks and knives to grab a pair. He had gotten the napkins already. All he needed were the actual utensils. Going to where he knew they would usually be placed, he felt for them, almost retracting his hand once his finger touched the sharp blade of the knife. Carefully grabbing it, he soon enough found the fork. One he grabbed those things, the young Taniwha made his way back to his seat and started to eat.

2. Characters in this post:
    *Ember laughs softly, gesturing towards the bed before sitting on the floor. She then pulled her bag to her and rifled though it for the item that he requested. She was throughly relieved that he had decided to stay with her instead of cutting and running.*

I have liquid, tablet and liquid-gels. What's your poison?

*She pulled her knees to her chest and shut her eyes, holding her head. She was starting to fill ill as well and she was glad she was skipping the banquet.*

I really am sorry about the way I treated you..........

3. Characters in this post:
    Moving toward her bed, Levi rested himself upon it. It was nice to finally be off his feet. Her voice was quite soothing, too. Thinking for a moment, he wondered just what type of pill he wanted. Rolling over on his side, he offered her a sweet smile.

"I'm going to say... liquid-gels, for fast headache relief!" Levi smirked as he said the TV commercial's slogan. He had spent that summer watching TV episodes, so it was only natural that he be exposed to an endless supply of annoying commercials.

"I know how you could make it up to me," he teased as he brushed his maroon hair from his eyes. "If it's not too bold, I would tell you that you could join me on your bed." Risky? Just a bit. But he wasn't going to pull anything over. In fact, he really just wanted to cuddle up next to someone and wait for the last few hours before the orientation/welcoming to start.

4. Characters in this post:
    *Ember smiled at him, getting up off the floor and bringing him the pill bottle. She was very careful to not touch the cap as not to melt shut with the heat she was giving off, she didn't know when she would be able to get some more of the headache medicine.*

You'll have to take it out yourself, I would not want to melt this precious substance. I do not know where I put those heat resistant gloves of mine....

*She laughed before frowning at his suggestion. It seemed so unsafe despite her knowledge that he was too nice to do anything like that....but then again, he wasn't the problem. The issue was that she was afraid that if she touched him she might burn him and scare him off again, something that would be too much for her to bear.*

I guess I can do that, but we need to put my special blanket between us. Prolonged contact with even a little of my skin would probably melt yours off, and I feel too protective of you to let that happen.

*She picked up a thick gray colored blanket then and wrapped it around herself tightly, climbing into bed bed next to him*

5. Characters in this post:
    "Very well," he said was he unscrewed the cap. Popping two pills into his mouth, he went back to laying down. The warmth from her blanket was quite nice, too. In fact, it was perfect. He hadn't realized how chilly her room was. He figured it was because she was of fire. It was similar to Aiden's room. He kept his room cold because he was naturally hot.

Pushing a few of her hairs from her face, Levi laughed. "I think, with time, you'll learn to control your powers better. Aiden was the same way, or so I was told. I guess he actually burned down a part of the school. Since then, they have made the walls... magic-proof. Smart move on their part, if you ask me."

6. Characters in this post:
    Vega's eyebrows raised at the rather loud and long mention of Jaden's name. She then looked at the blonde haired guy who charged at their little group. 'So this must be Aiden.' Her hand flew to her mouth as she tried to stifle the laughter that had dared to erupt when Jaden had tripped him. Anyone would probably shrug it off, but Aiden wasn't going to let it go. But it was obvious that he had his mind set on another thing. Vega had a feeling that their playful banter was a daily occurrence.

'My, this sure is going to make my life far more interesting,' she thought, a smile on her face. "He gets serious much too quickly," she noted. Aiden reminded her of herself. Just a tiny part of herself, though. She wouldn't go as far as mauling other people. That is, unless she was in a mood.

Vega squeaked as Aiden suddenly ripped a nearby lamp post. He was going to use it to crush Jaden. That would never happen, in her perspective, but a small part in her mind (and her squeak) activated a small part of her magic. Because of this, she was able to form a bubble-like shield that had a sickly, but complemented well with each other, mix of green and purple colors. It took her a while to realize that she had summoned a shield, instinctively, to protect herself.

7. Characters in this post:
    *Ember blushed as Levi pushed some of her hair away from her face, trying suppress her glowing marks. She had never been this close to another person before, never felt such a caring caress from somebody she knew would do her no harm. She then took a deep breath and gently pressed the palm of her hand against his face, concentrating every fiber of her being on not burning him.*

That's why I'm here. I don't want my powers to hurt people anymore....

*She then shuts her eyes and pulled her wings around herself , biting her lip. She hated to remember what happened at her last school and the scars that terrible day left behind. She still felt the pain in her wings from when that stupid, cruel boy who had messed with Tristan...*

8. Characters in this post:
    Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of Vega's shield and scoffed before he realized he forgot to tell Ryora something. However, as he spun around, he noticed that the demon rabbit had up and left. With his brows wiggling like caterpillars, he frowned.

"Ryota left?" He said pointing to the spot where the male once stood.

"Huh?" Jaden looked over his shoulder and noticed that the male had vanished from the group. "I suppose he's just busy getting ready."

"Shouldn't you two be getting ready?" He marched back over and slid a cigarette from his pocket. Lighting it with the snap of his finger, he placed it in his mouth. Drawing in a long breathe, Aiden exhaled with a large cloud of smoke pouring from his lips.

Turning away in disgust, Jaden placed his hand around Mary's. "I think Aiden is right. We should probably tidy up for the welcoming ceremony. We should probably find the headmistress, too. I'm sure she'll want some assistance."

With that, he waved to the pair that was left behind - Vega and Aiden. Aiden's head turned toward Vega. "What?" As he spoke his cigarette bobbed up and down as his lips moved.

9. Characters in this post:
    She's so adorable. I wonder why she lacks confidence? I hope nothing too serious happened in her past. He was lost for a bit in this thoughts. Looking her over, he could tell that there were some stories locked within her. Stories that would probably make a strong man weep.

With a bit of hesitation, he patted the woman on the shoulder before he drew her closer. A warm embrace. It was what he had been told to do when someone seemed sad. Arms around her as best as they could be, the male smiled ever so sweetly.

"These people are the best. Mary might be of more use. I hate to admit it, but Aiden would make an excellent teacher, too. Fire is his specialty. If there was ever a person that could help you control your heat, it would be him. He learned to control his and now he's almost cold to the touch. It's quite amazing. He and I aren't on the best of terms, but I'm sure he would be more than thrilled to spend his free time helping a beautiful woman like you. Especially since it involves fire."

10. Characters in this post:
    *Ember gently shrugged her shoulders, unsure whether to share what happened with Levi. He was making quite the effort to comfort her and as unfamiliar as that felt from somebody who wasn't Tristan, it was working. She gently stroked his face with a sad expression, looking him in the eyes.*

I burned down my last school. It wasn't on purpose....I had gotten angry at a boy for hurting Tristan. We can feel each other's pain, you know.

*She shut her eyes then, recalling the events of that day.*

I had been sleeping in my dorm room because I had stayed up late that night flying around the nearby woods...Tristan had decided to go sit in his favorite tree in the garden, it was just below my window. He was in his falcon form since he wasn't exactly enrolled in the school and the cruel boy in question had snatched him away when he wasn't looking. I didn't feel the crime until they broke his wings...I was too tired and fast asleep. The pain woke me up, though. Imagine somebody breaking both your arms at once and maybe you'll be able to understand what it felt like.

I could feel Tristan writhing in pain and hear his squawks for help, but I was in too much agony to fly. Then they used a knife to cut his back open for reasons I cannot fathom....it scared the heck out of both of us. We were bleeding to death and the only way to stop it was if I gathered the strength to chase them down.. I stumbled my way to their hiding place in the woods and by then I was in too much pain to care what happened to the boys who whould dare to hurt to us!

*She trembled as she remembered the pain and rage she felt that day, pressing her body against the blanket so she would be closer to him. She wouldn't burn Levi...she couldn't. She cared too much about him, and it was that feeling that let her calm down again.*

You've seen me morph when I was angry, so you must have some idea as to what transpired. I can only compare it to a sort of minor supernova...it only burned the school instead of the nearby town, and luckily most of the teachers and students had gone on some sort of daily trip. I passed out after that, but Tristan had enough strength to grab my fireproof bag and dress me before help came. The next thing I know I am waking up in some sort of supernatural hospital and discovered the acceptance letter on my bedside table....

11. Characters in this post:
    *Tristan sighed, sitting down at a nearby table and laying his head upon it. He wanted to be back in his room with Ember and watch over her, but Levi was there. He wasn't allowed to interfere with them anymore....*

"What is a Guard to do when their charge no longer needs them? Soon she will think of me more than a friend who she is bonded to...somebody to get in the way of her happiness. I do not want to end up like the others...."

12. Characters in this post:
    Afon took a seat at the table. Digging in to the food on his plate. He took a few bites while listening to the strange boy known as Tristan. Being human, Afon did not completely understand the supernatural. Even after taking all of Jaden's classes. Even going to school, and being friends with them, it all seemed... so unreal. Because of this, when other's explained the history of their race, Afon just remained quiet. He was human, and many he went to school with blamed his race for destroying theirs.

He shot a smile to everyone at the table, even those who had just joined them. When Nerine pointed Mason out, Afon could not help but turn. He was a stud all right. Not completely Afon's type, but because the guy was straight, it was fun to mess with his head a bit. He had done it in the past.

"Mason! Get that hot ass over here!" Afon called across the cafeteria.

Tristan caught his attention. "A charge? I thought you two were siblings.." Afon said to him, obviously not paying attention. But hey, at the same time maybe Afon was on to something. Is Ember did not need a guard, maybe she still needed an older brother.

13. Characters in this post:
    "Yes, I was under an apprenticeship." Mary said to Vega. Of coarse being very vague and mysterious. The present, and the Salem witch trails were the only things the students needed to know of, and even the trails were very vague themselves. Although the teacher preferred it that way. At least around students. Many would argue she was not being honest.. but honestly is one thing, but it far more valuable when shared between fewer people. Usually that was Jaden, or the headmistress. She was sure even Ryota did not know much. Not that he seemed to care.

"I'm surprised you two are not married already. A nice garden proposal between you two. Ryota would speak a poem, Jaden fall madly in love, and well happily ever after." She said back to Ryota in English. Of coarse it had a deeper meaning her statement. Since the two got together of drinks so often. She had heard stories of the unplanned plane trip to Vegas.. And well. Some things just are not meant to be shared. Including the messages on her old answering machine at home. Not only that, Mary had just unknowingly spoken of their chat moments ago. Did Mary hear anything?.. Well the answer to that was no.

As Aiden approached and um.. fought? could you call it that? With Jaden, Mary simply moved out of the way. Avoiding the conflict, or sex that was going on in front of them. That was until Aiden addressed her. "I see, Thank you Aiden. That is very good to hear. Sadly I have run out of things for you to for today, so enjoy the rest of your day." Mary said with a smile. Ignoring the position he had Jaden in now. "Please don't break him Aiden." This of coarse was said as the lamppost was ripped up.

The bubble Vega created surprised Mary. The magician school was always filled with surprises. The colors of the bubble were very beautiful. The color reminded her of the Elixir of Life she had created long ago. Her thoughts of it Mary knew it would set a red flag up for Jaden. Just as quickly, she dismissed the thought from her subconscious. "Such beautiful colors." Mary complimented.

"Yes, we should. Let's go. I need to discuss something with you in privacy any how Jaden.. And do my hair. Which is more important now..?" Mary questioned herself. "It was a pleasure to meet you Vega. We will see you both at dinner tonight."

Once walking away with Jaden, Mary looked up and smiled at him very warmly. Taking his hand. "I don't think we can offer her the help she needs." Mary joked.

14. Characters in this post:
    Right when he was actually getting settled into his chair and eating a piece of steak, he heard his name being called out. Again. The tanned red head turned to the source of the voice. He knew the one who'd called out. The only one who would actually do something like that. A small smile appeared before he raised an eyebrow. Hot ass? He still didn't believe the boy whenever he was called that, or other such names.

Giving a short nod, he almost sighed. "Right when I actually get settled and everything, he calls me over." It was a pain, but what could he do. It was fun with others. Picking up his plate, he pushed out the chair and headed over to Afons table. Seeking out his scent, his eyes landed on Afon, a slight playful look on his face. "Have you been staring at my ass again, Afon?" He couldn't see, but he knew it helped others feel a bit less sorry for him. At least it gave the illusion that he was more or less normal. "There an open seat or two?"

15. Characters in this post:
    A light blush can be found on Vega's face as she willed the bubble around her to dissipate. "Thank you," she said, her face beaming, as Mary commented on her brief show of power. People who have seen it before, especially some of her elders, thought that the colors clashed and that they looked rather... ugly. Vega is a girl of compliments, but if she hears anything that criticizes any part of her, then she would take it to heart and overthink it. "It was nice to meet you, too, Miss Post," she politely mused.

At the mention of a welcoming ceremony, Vega suddenly looked forward to it. She glanced over at her violin and then at Aiden, who had begun to smoke in front of her. Not to mention the fact that it was just the two of them. Who knew where Ryota went?

There wasn't, virtually, anything to do. 'Well, except strike up a conversation with him,' a small voice inside her head chimed. Vega tensed up, mostly because Aiden had directed a question to her, and also because she hadn't smelled anything like smoke before. At a sniff, she began to cough.

'Gosh, I could still work on the music if he's still here. But that would be rude.' Vega hated how she always seemed to lose at these arguments. She then looked up at Aiden and placed a small smile on her face. "Nothing," she answered. Vega remembered the little banter that they had earlier and dared to ask, "Are you always like that whenever you see Jaden?"

16. Characters in this post:
    Sensitive ears picked up Tristan's muttering. It sounded mystic. Probably some sort of magic bond or something. The birdie looked depressed. Lapis decided to try cheering him up later. Perhaps a game of Chase The Bird would cheer him up. He would have to set up an ambush later.

A smirk flitted across Lapis' face upon hearing Afon's greeting to Mason. He watched the redhead approach, wondering not for the first time, if the Taniwa had some kind of sonar. When Mason asked after free seats, the white haired boy took the opportunity to grab the blind man's arm and tug him down to the seat beside him. He purred in greeting, briefly rubbing his head against Mason's shoulder. Then he went back to his pepper.

17. Characters in this post:
    *Tristan looked up at Afton and shook his head slowly.*

"Not exactly. We are one soul that shares two bodies...I'm like her Jiminy Cricket/errand boy/guardian. We share each other's pain and hear each other's thoughts. That is nothing like being a brother....a brother cannot be obsolete."

18. Characters in this post:
    Maiara tossed her bag at the foot of the bed after entering her room. She sighed softly before letting herself fall back onto the bed. Staring at the ceiling for a moment she smiled. It was amusing to her how her life had changed so much since she first started coming to this school. While thinking about this it finally came to her. The thing she had been forgetting. She was going to make it a point this morning to find Aiden. After all the first day back would be rather boring without finding the man and annoying him. He had been one of the first students she butted heads with, so to speak, after arriving here. A grin formed on her lips as she considered how to annoy him. Considering her options she formed a plan. Without realizing it almost half an hour had passed since she left Mason. Looking at the clock she cursed under her breath. Mason’s probably going to think he kept me when I didn’t want to chat or had something important to do. I hope he’s still at the dining hall. Finding Aiden will have to wait I guess. She quickly left her room and headed to the dining hall.

((going here))

19. Characters in this post:
    Maiara had run most of the way to get the dining to get there quickly. The run had actually been nice and somewhat made up for her not going on a hunt before arriving at the academy this morning. Once she was in sight of the building she slowed down, ignoring the stares she was receiving. Her breathing was almost back to normal when she entered the hall. Quietly she went to get a tray and something to eat. Walking through the line her eyes wondered searching for Mason. She had caught his scent in the air when she entered so she knew he was still here. She picked out some meats, fruits and a little cheese, along with a bottle of water. By the time she had finished getting her food she had spotted Mason with Afton, at least that is what she thought the one males name was. She didn’t recognize the other, but from the looks of it he was also a shifter. Since the male was setting with others she decided it would be better to find a place to eat alone like usual. Her gaze left the redhead and began to search for a new place to sit.

((came from here))

20. Characters in this post:
    John looked at Nerine and shrugged a bit. he didn't really knew where to go since he didn't knew where everything was. He watched as the man she had refereed to as Mason walked in. He then gave Nerine a nod as he knew from experience with his older brother that it was a bad idea to disturb another guy in their dinner. He walked over to the woman and looked around the room. It felt strange that so many other people here had powers. He wasn't used to it. 'Now I have meet a Phoenix and a dragon... what's next? A unicorn?' he thought with a small smile.

Then another woman walked into the room. She walked with determinant steps which made him think she probably was a senior year. He then let one last look go over the people in the room before looking at Nerine.
    "I don't know where to go... I'm pretty new here. Got any ideas?

21. Characters in this post:
    Nerine laughed lightly as she heard the greeting Afon had given mason. She smiled, seeing Mason come over before he was being seated by Lapis. Turning back to John as he came over to her, she thought about it. She could actually take him anywhere. Since he was new, everything would be a treat for him to see. "Have you seen your room yet?" She asked, figuring they would be able to get that over with right off the bat. From there she could take him on a tour of the place. As much of a tour before they had to come back for the ceremony.

Checking the time the silver eyed fifth year was surprised. "Ah. Might as well show you your dorms, then we shall see what we can tour. Might as well move on now before it's too late." The tour would take a bit of time, if they wanted to actually see things. Going over to Mason, she gave him a small hug. "I'll see you later." she stated with a light smile before turning to the others. "Well, we're heading out. Have fun eating." Looking to John to see if he was ready to go, she motioned to the door to see if he wanted to go yet.

22. Characters in this post:
    "Tch. People like you piss me off. If you don't want my company just tell me. If you don't like my smoking, I'll just put it out. I might be an ass, but I'm not going to purposely ruin someone's air." Flicking the cigarette to the ground, Aiden stomped on it, lightly, before his eyes flicked up to meet hers.

"Well, you're boring me." Shoving his hands into his pockets, the blonde walked off toward the school. The dinning hall to be exact. He knew it was about time for it to close and he figured most of the students in there wouldn't know to leave. Being one of four students that knew the schedule for the day, he had to assume it was his responsibility to clear everyone out (or face the wrath of angry students who weren't able to experience a truly wonderful welcoming ceremony).

[[ He is stomping off here. ]]

23. Characters in this post:
    Afon glanced up to a clock on the wall. Seeing the time, and checking with the small list in his head. In about ten minutes the dinning hall would be closed until the opening ceremony. This was so the teachers had enough time to set up, and speak among themselves. Or at least that was what he was told. It was something along those lines at least.

"Where ever you go, it can't be here much longer. The hall closes in about ten minutes." Afon warned, finishing a few more items off of his plate and casting a playful glare towards Lapis

24. Characters in this post:
    Vega flared. Her lips were in a straight line and her green eye faintly glowed. It was obvious that she didn't like his attitude. It was only her first day there, for goodness sakes! 'Gosh, if everyone were like him, I don't think I could control it,' she thought, her hands clenching into fists. She began to, mentally, count to ten, but even that didn't work.

"Well, I'm sorry if I can't be very frank with you. Isn't it wise to test the waters?" she asked, through clenched teeth. And as he walked away, she then added, more to herself, "And I'm sorry I'm so boring." She hated it when things didn't go her way. There were times when she could fully tolerate it. But this was one of those times when her spirits would easily get dampened.

She then looked over at the messy music sheets next to her as a tired sigh escaped from her lips. "Well, I guess now is a good time to work on those." 'And on that, maybe I could pick out something to wear for the welcoming ceremony,' she thought, closing her violin case and marching off to the Magician Mansion, still partially fuming after what had happened.

(( Vega is going here to, *sigh*, try to cool off. ))

25. Characters in this post:
    (( Vega just arrived from here. ))

Vega, who had just arrived from the courtyard, then found a nice, comfy chair for her to work on the music. She was sure that there was no one else, and she liked that. This was one of those times when she wanted to be alone. For more reasons than one. The tune played itself in her head and it wasn't too long until she found herself humming along to it.

The song had a very nice feel. There were touches of a fallen angel and there were even 'sparks' that flew between them when they were head to head (she assumed). The new music sheet that she had pulled out looked much nicer, but she was having a hard time coming up with a title. She wasn't very good at titles. Vega thought that the content should speak for itself and not have a title. 'But then again, it makes it harder for me to find it when I do need it,' she thought, biting the end of her pencil, trying to think of a good title.

Vega looked over her violin and clicked her tongue. 'Huh. Maybe it would gradually come to me if I play it.' Liking the idea, she then grabbed her violin and her bow and started to tune it. Once she was done, she then started off, the pictures in her head as clear as day.

26. Characters in this post:
    What was there to say to her? She spilled so much about herself and Levi had nothing to give back to her. Closing his eyes, he tried to imagine the girl's story. Each part of it played so vividly in his mind. With his eyes opening, he sat up on her bed and shifted himself around so that his back was against the wall. The headache, though still there, was not the pressing issue anymore.

"I know they'll be able to help you. You might not learn how to do it this year, but, in the years to come, you will. You just need to be patient and you also need to stop snapping at people...." Levi rubbed his arms before he continued his conversation. "You're a cool person, but blowing up in someone's face isn't the best way to go about things. Don't get mad when I say this, but you and Aiden are a lot alike. He's just as violent...."

27. Characters in this post:
    The man makes his at to the courtyard to get a glimpse of his old home,His head moves with grace as if he is looking for soemone but in this crowd of people it is almost impossible,Due to his height he atleast gets a Advantage to see over the crowd,He makes his way out to a small group of students.

28. Characters in this post:
    *Ember shook her head at Levi, opening her eyes and smiling at him. How could she be mad at him when he spoke the truth? She had always known she was violent and she assumed that it was because that is what other people perceived him to be....*

It's alright. I know let my anger control me a lot and I'm trying to fix that, but I can't do it alone. I need somebody like you to keep me grounded and be honest enough with me to tell me when I am acting inappropriately for the situation I am in. It is the only way for me to figure out all the social rules, so will you do that?

29. Characters in this post:
    The man known as Morpheus enters the Dormetory to serach for any other Lycans like himself. He looks at the other people in the room as he lets out a small smile In a Non-Hostile way. "Hello" He utters out still a little tired from the walk here.

30. Characters in this post:
    ]John shook his head. he knew where the dorms was and he knew which number his room had but he hadn't actually seen it yet. He walked over to the doors and waited for Nerine. The 5th year woman greeted the man named Mason. John kep a respecful distance as he didn't want ti interfere. As Nerine walked back to him he felt he should say something. "I have been to the dorms... but I never got to see my room. Will I have my own or share it?" he asked. he recalled that he had read something about it but he wasn't sure which it was. He was a bit excited and nervous for meeting other wizards and witches. Up to know he had only seen higher year students so he did wonder where other people from his year was. He knew lexington was 1st year anyway. And maybe the familair and his charge too.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Posts 241 to 270 of 341