Login to your account

Occultia Academy - Closed

Occultia, sometimes called O'cult, is a private academy that hand selects students to enroll. Those selected receive a letter in the mail that requests his/her enrollment. All fees and tuition costs are wavered, making travel the only monetary issue.......

Tags: academy, adventure, alchemists, college, heroes, magic, magicians, school, shapeshifters, students, superhumans, supernatural, teachers, witches

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 09-07-2011, 06:48 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in Shapeshifter Dormetory

The place where the Shapeshifters live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 51

1. Characters in this post:
    [[Post continued from the Garden.]]

As they proceed into the wing that was marked with a wolf, Aiden came to a halt. His head slanted some when he checked back at the little bird that followed him. "This is your clan's housing location. Your room could be... anywhere." A sheepish grin swept onto his face. "Since I'm not the head of this house, I don't have the housing assignments. But I know where the housing board is, so we can just look on there."

Walking up to the sign, he stared at the names scribbled on the white board. "Uhhh, so I'm not sure which person you are. I'll let you find your name and then I'll show you to your room." Another smile crested his face before he turned his back to her to rest his back against a wall.

2. Characters in this post:
    *Ember stepped up to the board, her marks glowing brightly in the sunlight. She then ran her hand down the side of the board and scanned the list for her name, narrowing her eyes just a little. She found it unusual that the male hadn't rushed her to the dorm and then left, so maybe he liked her.*

The name is Ember, by the way. I tend to keep my name from people as a way to keep from being found by the mundanes, but I guess I don't need to worry about it here. It's kind of nice, you know?

*She then shook her head, realizing she was getting all emotional. How could she let her guard down so early just for a handsome guy who had control of flame like her, a guy she met only minutes before? The mere thought made her shudder in horror, and she suddenly tapped the board next to her name.*

I'm in room three..hopefully I won't have a room mate.

3. Characters in this post:
    Smirking as he remained propped up against, Aiden turned his head to face the girl. She was gorgeous, even if she loomed high above him. Her height didn't render his courage useless. Quite frankly, nothing seemed to cause the male to stir. He had nothing to fear, except maybe fear itself.

Closing his eyes, he listened to her mockingbird tongue. It was gentle, sweet, and harmonious. There was something about her that he found refreshing. Although he was not one to get attached to people, he couldn't help but like the idea of truly befriending her. Unlike the other girls, she didn't swoon over him and she actually held her own.

"You must be joking. There are over a hundred students enrolled here. Of course you'll have a roommate. She'll be the same year level as you. Until you hit fourth year status, you don't get a private room."

Kicking off the wall with his heels, he beckoned Ember to follow. "Right this way. I'll show you to your room. All your belongings will be inside. If you need assistance moving stuff, just ask. If not, I'm going to occupy myself by looking out your window."

"Now, now, Aiden. That is rude of you," a rich tone called down the hallway.

"Well if it isn't Jaden. Ember, allow me to introduce you to your House Head, Jaden Nicastro. He's the one you'll be reporting to and such. He's my... favorite teacher, but I'd never admit that," he said with a wink.

"Welcome, Miss Ember West. This is your room key. Please, make yourself at home. Aiden shall assist you in all ways possible," he tone deepened at the end as he glared at the blonde.

4. Characters in this post:
    *Ember sighed, rubbing her temples. All she could hope was that whoever she was rooming with believed in giving people space and wouldn't bother her with with questions about her life, for she found such queries incredibly grueling. Not to mention that she didn't want anybody here to really know her...*

I'm not, actually. I am quite discreet about my old life and I really do not wish to share it with some brain-less, constantly chattering girly girl. I would hate to get kicked out of here for accidentally burning down the dorm because I lost control of my anger.

*She let herself fall into step with Aiden, wondering if he realized that she was mute. She sure hoped so, because she loathed bringing up tender subjects of that kind with a guy who could potentially like her.

She shook the thought from her head to give him a coy smirk and push a hand through her hair as he mentioned that he'd be looking out her window if she didn't need his assistance.*

Are you suggesting that the view out my window is better that the way I look? I might be frightfully tall, but I'd like to think that I am not entirely ugly.

*Suddenly another voice rang through the hall, causing her to turn her head in embarrassment. She really didn't want to make a bad first impression on the Head of her dorm and get kicked out. She needed to be at this school almost more than she needed to breathe, if only for the fact that she wouldn't need to hide any more.*

Thank you, sir.

5. Characters in this post:
    Mason arrived at the school, having been dropped off by one of his parents drivers. He almost sighed as he began making his way to his dorm, his cane a few inches ahead to make sure the path was clear. The young red-head was excited to begin the year. Well, as excited as any student could get.

As he walked, he heard people mingling. Some were excited to be reunited with friends they hadn't seen over the summer, while others were asking where to go and what to do. The latter he expected were first years. They would most likely be led around by the upperclassmen. They were always in awe at the sight of the academy. Something he wished he could share with them.

Taking his mind off of the start of something unpleasant, he made sure to step away from someone who was about to run into him. Hopefully most of his things had arrived by now. If not, he would just have to occupy himself until they did. He did have a small pack with him, since he did want to carry something himself.

The route to his dorm was memorized, so he made quick progress there. All he needed to do was figure out which room he would get, and with whom. Hopefully it was someone he could be compatible with. The last thing he needed was a dorm mate that was too rowdy. As much as he hated silence, his hearing could only take so much sound at a time before it gave him a headache.

6. Characters in this post:
    "I highly doubt they would pair you with someone like that," he added after they turned into her room. "Jaden does a great job partnering people up. You'll probably get someone like yourself. Like I said, he's one of a few good teachers." It was then when he smiled about her little comment about not finding her attractive that brought him to her side. "Your height is of no concern to me. So you're a foot taller than me, it doesn't render me useless. I have my specialties and you have yours. Besides, if you truly were 'ugly,' I would not associate myself with you. The fact that I've hung around this long is a pretty good indicator that you're of a more beautiful nature. I'm swallow. I only had out with people who are attractive."

Laughing, he watched as she looked at her belongings. Folding his arms under his shoulders, Aiden shot her another glance before his attention was drawn to her window. He wasn't trying to be rude or anything. He just wanted to see the students poor into the main gates. Sure enough, there was already a sea of students working their way toward the dorms.

Flicking his hair out of his eyes, he noticed a few attractive set of women walk onto the campus. So there are more good looking students. Perhaps these ones will be less capable of resisting my charm. Looking over at Ember, he pulled out her desk chair and plopped himself in it. Arms crossing onto the back of the chair, his shaded eyes looked into hers.

"What shall I assist you with first?" he said in a somewhat distracted tone.

7. Characters in this post:
    *Ember shrugged her shoulders, turning to her belongings to make sure everything is as it should be. She wondered who had handled her things and hoped that whoever it was hadn't looked inside. She took her privacy seriously, after all.*

Well, alright. I've had many a comment about my "freakish" appearance and my being mute that it is nice to hear a positive review for once.

*She walked over to the window and opened it, holding out her arm as she whistled a haunting yet melodic song. When she stopped whistling, a majestic golden falcon landed onto her outstretched arm and she turned to show Aiden what she had called.*

This is my Guard, Tristan.. I sincerely hope that the staff here and my roommate allow me to keep him...he's been around as long as I can remember, probably since I was born. I believe he is part of my soul because we are the same age and share the same birthday. Not to mention that we feel what the other is feeling.

*When Aiden asked what she wanted assistance with she smirked, her marks glowing bright with emotion. She decided that it was time to flirt more with him and make her intentions clear*

I was hoping that tonight we could go out on a date...maybe take that walk in the garden you wanted earlier. You can totally say no if you want though, I know I'm being a bit forward.

8. Characters in this post:
    A side smile was on his face as he now looked at Ember. The bird she called forth was simply breathtaking. He, in his entire life, had never seen such a majestic creature. It was, by far, one of the most mystical things he had ever fixed his eyes open. The golden hue was a perfect touch, as Aiden was a sucker for the color gold. He also really like birds. They were free creatures that were able to roam over the land without a care in the world. Ever since he could remember, Aiden wanted to be a bird. Heck, even as a kid he used to climb trees just so he could sit with the birds.

Her little remark about keeping Tristan caused him to ponder for a moment. He saw no reason he couldn't stay. If it were a problem, he could just keep the bird in his room. Then the conversation took a new turn. Almost embarrassed at her boldness, Aiden just turned his head away to hid his pink cheeks. It was weird to him. A girl was actually enjoying his company and he was enjoying hers back.

"Your appearance isn't freakish. I'm surprised people would say otherwise. Height, age, distance, none of those things matter when someone is love. Even if they aren't, those little terms mean nothing in the grand scheme of things."

Reaching his hand out to stroke the bird with the backside of his index and middle fingers, he cooed. A little light chirping noise escaped his pursed lips.

"Should Tristan cause an issue, he could stay with me. I can house pets. Although, I'm not sure I want your bird to see me naked. I wouldn't know if you could tap into those images. Ha ha!"

Placing a hand on her hip, Aiden smiled. "And of course I'd love to go for a nice little stroll through the garden. Maybe we can even head downtown to visit the theater or something. Although, that would have to be later. Now we unpack, then we have dinner -- with the rest of the school -- and then, after those, we can hang out."

9. Characters in this post:
    *Ember smiled at Aiden's reaction to Tristan, sighing with relief when the male offered to take care of the latter should there be an issue. She hadn't expected such an offer from anyone, especially somebody like him. If fact, many people were put off by Tristan's appearance and his close proximity to her.*

Don't worry, he's quite polite about privacy and will most likely want to be outside when you are doing things of that nature. Also, we both prefer that you refrain from calling him a bird as he technically isn't one.... just think of him as an extension of my soul.

*She laughed softly then, putting a finger to her lips so Tristan would not attempt to mind speak with Aiden. Who knows what the Guard would say at a time like this? He tended to be slightly jealous of anyone knew after all, even to the point where he had nipped a guy who had tried to flirt with her a year ago.

When he placed his hand on her hip suddenly she blushed, her marks glowing brightly with emotion. He was beginning to make it hard for her to act coy towards him and if she didn't gain control quickly she would fall for his charms like she assumed many other girls had before her. She had promised herself long ago that the only person who would ever influence her was herself, and no matter what the cost she wouldn't start falling all over herself for the affections of a guy.*

Alright. You should probably go back to whatever you were doing before since I don't really need help settling in, but I wouldn't mind if you decided to keep me company. I'm mostly unpacked now and I was just going to practice my shape-shifting. You'd have to leave before I turn human again though, I don't really have any clothes that morph with me.

10. Characters in this post:
    Placing a finger on his lip, the male thought about what she had said. Although he wanted to stay with her, Aiden feared the attachment that was growing between the two. If he were to truly fall for this woman, it would mean he couldn't flirt with anyone else, and that didn't seem fitting.

Bowing to both Ember and Tristan, he snapped back to his upright position. "It is probably best that I tend to my other duties. I ought to make sure my own kin aren't running amuck. For now, I bid you a farewell. I'll see you at dinner and then, should we still desire to meet up, the garden." Planting a kiss on her hand, the male swept out into the hallway.

Brushing past Jaden, the two nodded in recognition of the other. In that brief moment, the two seemed to exchange thoughts. Jaden was nodding in approval of Ember and Aiden was agreeing with his decision.

Once near the exit, Aiden looked around and wondered just where he would wander off to next. Should he saunter up to his clan? Or should he go explore the grounds some? Both sounded fun, but he wasn't too sure which seemed better. Finally making up his mind, Aiden decided to stroll about the school.

[[The Courtyard is Aiden's destination.
    It should be noted that Jaden has also left.]]

11. Characters in this post:
    *Ember flopped onto her bed with a loud sigh after Aiden left, staring at the ceiling in frustration. She had allowed herself a small hope that he would keep her company, and look what good it did her! Why couldn't she just shrug him off like any other guy she met?*

*Tristan stared at Ember in contempt, shaking his head.*
    "I can't believe you falling in love with a guy like that, especially one you just met. He probably is flirting with somebody else right now!

*Ember scowled at Tristan. He was always messing in her affairs and thinking the worst of people, and she'd had enough of it. Just once she wanted to handle her own problems! Besides, she couldn't really be in love so soon...*

If you are so worried about me, why don't you bring it up with him? I'm sure he'll be quite eager to cancel the date after that!

*She gently pushed him out the window, shutting and locking it behind his avian form. She needed to take a deep breath before she burned down the dorm...*

*Tristan sighed before zooming after Aiden, linking to his mind.*
    If you are going to be a good for nothing player, you might as well call off the date now. I'm not letting you mess with her emotions like she's your little play toy!

12. Characters in this post:
    Walking towards the dorm Maiara couldn’t shake the nagging feeling that she was forgetting something. She paid little attention to the other student who were mingling and having fun. Joyous reunions is what all the noise and shrieking was about. Weaving her way through the students she slowly made progress towards the dorm.

All she wanted to do was get to her room so she could do a little unpacking. Really how hard should that be to do she thought. She softly grumbled under her breath as she passed a group of girls who were being way too loud. Or at least in her opinion they were. A low growl escaped her lips as she pushed past the last group of students blocking her path. Finally, sanctuary she thought as she entered the dorm of the shapeshifters. Of course she was making a bigger deal out of the number of students outside since she hated crowds. At least now she could somewhat relax again and try to figure out what she was forgetting.

13. Characters in this post:
    [[They came from here.]]
    *Ember hurried into her room, shutting and locking the door behind her. She then hastily grabbed her clothes from the dresser on her side of the room and threw them on before flopping onto her bed. Why did it have to be Levi who had been the first person to see her naked? She never had been caught before...*

He's never going to talk to me again after seeing me like that! We'll both be too embarrassed to even look at each other, much less be able to have any sort of relationship. I already made him not like me with the whole kissing him thing and he probably think I let him see me like that on purpose!

*She buried her face into her pillow and started to cry, regretting her choice to attend school again. She just wasn't meant to be around people.."

I'm going to quit, Tristan.

*Tristan sighed, sitting next to Ember on the bed and rubbing her back. He had never seen her like this before and he was worried that she was going to get hurt somehow.*

"Ember, you can't quit over something like this when you fought me so hard about attending school here. Where else could you even go? The mundanes would be all over you the second you left the grounds of the academy and you know it, so you're stuck here. I'll just go talk to Levi for you..."

*He opened the window again, turning back into his golden falcon form and going to find Levi.*
    [[The garden is his destination.]]

14. Characters in this post:
    Mason blinked back as he woke up from a small nap he'd taken. Yawning, the red head sat up from his bed, listening to see if there was anyone else in the room with him. At the lack of sound, he frowned. Maybe this time he wouldn't have to share. But, he wasn't really an upperclassman. Not yet. Unable to really bare the silence any more than nessesary, he sighed, reaching around for his cane and standing up to head out. Once outside, he closed his door quietly. He smelled a couple new scents, but other than that, there didn't seem to be anything different than from when he had entered his room.

15. Characters in this post:
    Mai paid little attention to where she was going since she knew her way around the dorm so well. She gave up on trying to remember what she had forgotten figuring she’d eventually remember. By the time she actually started to pay attention to her surroundings it was too late. She ran straight into red haired boy. She quickly jumped back and was about to yell at the guy for being in her way until she realized it was Mason. He was a year or two ahead of her and she didn’t actually know him that well. “Sorry about that. Are you ok? You’re name is Mason, right?” As she spoke she got a little distracted from noise coming from a room down the hall.

16. Characters in this post:
    His mind had drifted to random thoughts on how the school year was going to be like. Hopefully he had some good classes, and enough time to focus on everything. His parents wanted only top marks from him, and they wanted him to learn how to get a hold of his shifting abilities. He wasn't able to always shift properly, sometimes forgetting a minor detail about his form. Wasn't his fault he'd never actually seen one. Descriptions can only get you so far. Even so, he was scolded for making those errors.

His ears registered someone dangerously close and eyes wide, he was too late to get out of the way. With a small grunt, he felt someone collide with him. They would've felt as if they'd crashed into a brick building, with how solid he was. Gaining a concerned expression, his eyes locked onto the source of the voice, though not really seeing. It just made people more at ease when they thought the other could see them. Otherwise they ask too many questions.

"I'm fine.. did you get hurt? It was my fault, should have paid more attention to my surroundings."
    He commented, offering a small smile in apology. "Right. And what is yours? Your voice sounds familiar.." he couldn't quite pinpoint it, but he knew she was a younger student. Not new, but.. not really someone he knew either.

17. Characters in this post:
    Lexington carried his backpack and one bag into the dorm and looked around trying his best to now draw attention to his markings. He looked around the dorm to see if anyone could help him find his room. He sighed, "I'm one of the eldest here yet I'm looking for my room like a first year.", he shook his head standing there looking for some information on where his room might be.

(Came from the Garden)

18. Characters in this post:
    "Well I'm starving in any case I might as well get something to eat and come back when everyone is going to bed...", he muttered as he picked up his bags. He looked around and sighed, "Guess this is my new home until I find out what I need to know, maybe Jaden can tell me something about my parents."

Lexington picked up his bags and walked past everything inside the shapeshifter dorm and continued down the hallway following the smell of food even though he was far away due to his increased senses. "At least there are some advantages to being like this."

(going to dining hall)

19. Characters in this post:
    Mai shook her head slightly. “I’m fine. I should have been paying more attention as well. Sorry for running into you. My name is Maiara, but you can call me Mai.” She shifted slightly. This was a little embarrassing and uncomfortable since she wasn’t use to holding conversations with others. Her mind went blank as she tried to think of something else to say. Though it didn’t take her mind long to drift to other thoughts like about how unusual and mysterious the red head’s eyes were. What an unusually hair and eye combination. He is kind of handsome too. Gah, what are you thinking Mai. You don’t even know anything about him other than his name. In her mind she started to scold herself for the thoughts she was having.

After what seemed like a long silence she finally spoke up again. Her voice was quiet as if she wasn’t sure what to say. “So umm…what year are you? I’m a second year student.” This was the only question Mai could think of to ask at the time. What was there really to talk about with someone she didn’t know?

20. Characters in this post:
    Mason tilted his head, smiling. He was glad she didn't take it for granted that he bumped into her. It was a rather embarrassing thing for him, since it was rare he bumped into people. "Both our faults then. But apology accepted. Nice to meet you, Mai." He said politely before offering her his hand to shake. Or, at least he hoped it wasn't anywhere awkward. He got the basic gist of where she was, but had no idea how close or far she was. Listening to her next question, he smirked. "I'm a third year this year. So, not that high up from you. What kind of shifter are you?" He asked curiously.

21. Characters in this post:
    Maiara smiled back. “Nice to meet you too.” His hand was a little to her right, but she understood what the gesture. So without much thought she took his hand and shook it firmly. She tilted her head slightly, curious about why he was smirking. Figuring it was mostly because he was her senior she gave it little thought. “It’s kind of hard to exactly explain my race, but we have two forms we can shift into. Well….actually three if you count the half form. The easiest way for me to explain is to that I’m basically a were. I have what most would consider a were-tiger form and a tiger form that I can shift into.” She could feel herself stumbling over her explianation and was getting a little flustered. “What about you?”

22. Characters in this post:
    Shaking back, he smiled again. Her hand seemed smaller than his, and felt a bit softer. Most girls were a bit less callused than his. Probably because he used his hands for everything. Once they shook, he let go of her hand and listened to her explanation. He personally didn't even know how that would look, but he knew what tigers were. "I see. What type of were-tiger are you?" He asked. It wasn't just for small talk, but he was genuinely curious.

"Ah. I am a taniwha. A type of dragon, but I can shift into types of water based animals as well." He chuckled. "But I like to just say dragon. I don't shift into much else. I think the only other animals I shifted into was a shark. Or so I was told." It was a pain since he had to know everything about the animals in order to get it right. He was very young, but he still was expected to know it all.

23. Characters in this post:
    *Ember watched the window for what seemed like hours, waiting for Tristan to return. He had never been away from her for so long without contacting her mentally to show he was alright, and she was worried. At least he wasn't hurt....she would have felt it if he was.*

[[Tristan came from here.]]

*Tristan walked back into the dorm, nodding politely at the two people in the hall before letting himself back in his and Ember's room.*

"Everything is alright with Levi, so do not worry. He says that he would be quite sad to see you leave and would rather that we stay so he can get to know us more. Now do you want me to stay with you or go get you something to eat?"

*Ember smiled softly*
    Something to eat, but hurry back!
    [[The Dining hall is Tristan's destination]]

24. Characters in this post:
    [[ Levi came from here. ]]

Wandering down the hallway, he wondered just where Ember's room was. Letting out a heavy sigh, he rested his hand against one of the doors that decorated the dreary looking hallway. Leave it to Jaden to make this place look like a dungeon, he chuckled to himself.

25. Characters in this post:
    *Ember frowns suddenly, hearing a male laugh just outside her door. She knew that Tristan was still in the dining hall so it couldn't be him, but who would want to see her at a time like this? Aiden probably hated her guts, and Levi seemed too embarrassed to even talk to her right now...

She jumped off her bed, striding over to the door and opening it. She then blushed deeply, seeing that it Levi.*

Oh, it's you! What are you doing here? I didn't expect to have to talk to you for awhile after the...incident. People don't usually see me like that and I was mortified that you did. Do you know where I can get clothes that will morph with me? Tristan and I couldn't find the person that made his....

26. Characters in this post:
    “Type?” Mai asked tilting her head slightly. When she realized what he meant she blushed slightly. “Oh, well I’m a Katayan. Most of the people from my clan are Siberian tiger weres. My form is that of a white Siberian tiger.” She listened to him and was getting curious. She had heard mention of taniwha when she was very young, but didn’t know anything about them. “That’s interesting, what kind of dragon? Though even if you told me I probably still wouldn’t have any idea since I’ve never seen a dragon before.” She laughed at herself and smiled. What she really wanted to ask was why he didn’t shift into anything else other than a dragon, but figured that might be too personal of a question to ask him since they just met.

27. Characters in this post:
    He had heard of those types of tigers, so he smiled. "I see." He normally never had been around any weres. Unless they were lunch. That fact, he would omit. No need to freak anyone out just yet. "Um.. I don't know. It's, a dragon form.. I wouldn't know how to describe unless I showed you. So, we're both in the same boat about not seeing one.." he said, offering an apologetic smile. He knew that would probably confuse her. "I could change into a few different types of sharks. I believe one of them is a hammer head. Along with a few other water stuff. But it's harder.. Hard to get a handle on them and study." he explained, smiling. It was then his stomach rumbled.

Almost blushing from embarrassment, he tilted his head. "Would you like to get some food? Or, did you have something else to do?" Then, growing concerned, he frowned. "I didn't keep you from anything, did I?"

28. Characters in this post:
    Smirking, he handed the woman the food he had brought for her. Nodding no to her answer, he followed her into the room and took a seat on a chair. "Sorry, shapeshifting isn't really my specialty. You could ask one of the upperclassmen in your wing. They have to know. Or at least I would hope that they would. Might even be covered under the school... that way you wouldn't have to pay for it."

Levi looked down at the food he brought for himself. Smiling, he popped open the lid and looked at the delicious contents. "I figured you were hungry... I know I was... and... well... I wanted to apologize for earlier. I was wrong to judge you without knowing the whole truth. Please, if you can, forgive me?"

29. Characters in this post:
    *Ember set her food on the table by her bed, sitting cross-legged on the floor. She wasn't all that hungry at the moment and really just wanted to be alone, but she couldn't bear to kick Levi out after he was so kind.*

I find it very unusual that you show up with food JUST after Tristan left to fetch me some dinner...is this a set up? If so you should leave now because I refuse to be a charity case to a boy I like!

30. Characters in this post:
    "Ouch. That hurt more than I thought. You really think this is a setup? If so, maybe I was wrong to give you a chance. I'm not the kind of guy to toy with a woman. You should know that. If you don't, then I'm sorry, but I won't stand around much longer to be belittled by you." Turning his cheek away from her, he glared out the window. His apatite, gone. It sucked to be told such things. Did she really think it was just a game? Did she really think he was that type of man? If so, he wanted nothing to do with her. Girls like that were trouble. Levi was just trying to be a sincere friend and a nice guy. Two traits that are often rare to find in a man.

Rising to his feet, he moved toward the door. "I guess I was wrong. I should have figured you'd be like the rest."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 51