Login to your account

The Coming Darkness 2

Finish your journey in this anime-themed roleplay.......

Tags: action, adventure, anime, awesome holy crap moments, drama, fighting, life, magic, romance, school life, swag, yolo

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: IamEnzo

Created: 12-22-2012, 07:18 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Posts 601 to 630 of 665

1. Characters in this post:
    With a polite nod, Acies took a step towards Angelo, running a hand through his grayish hair. "They won't be the first mass murderers I encounter. If the need be, I've no qualms with the use of brutality myself." He'd reply, calmly turning to look at the young woman who'd been silent up to this point, then looking once more to his new leader. He wasn't too informed of the status of the war in the area, but it wasn't the first battle he'd seen and surely wouldn't be the last. "If I may ask, how many of these others are there?" He'd ask out of curiosity.

2. Characters in this post:
    Angelo took a brief moment to count out his allies here on Earth. His allies in Gaze would count as Manilla, as he tends to be a bit technical even in thought. Either way, Acies has already seen Manilla therefor not making her count anyway. He only knew of Enzo, Volitaire, Argo, and the one other girl who he didn't learn of her name or actual affiliation with the ones he knew of. "Ah. There's four more besides me that I know of. As we speak they may have already gathered new allies I'd imagine. They seem to be the type of people who're good at getting good people for their cause. So my guess is likely to change, at both our surprise." He stuffed his hands in his black pockets making tracks to the exit of the airport. If they were going to meet up with the others the three would have to move now before their distanced team makes another move themselves.

3. Characters in this post:

stubborn xxxxx magical xxxxx tomboy
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
    Faye couldn't help but smile, at the comment that Voli gave when they stood up. As it was, after all that was happening, she was able to smile a bit more easily now. Chuckling, she made her way towards the door and walked right through it. It was then that the sound coming from her cell came again, and she flipped it open easily without even looking at it first. Looking down at the text, she tilted her head, when Juro went and sent another one, as well who to look for. She raised her brow at the name, a little curious as to why this made had the name like this. Shrugging, she would soon turned her phone towards Voli, so he could read it. "Looks like we won't have much trouble finding where to look through. And it seems like Enzo will be coming along as well. What does he mean by 'ring' though?"

Faye still didn't understand that Voli and Enzo were called Guardian's, or even knew what that meant in the first place. Turning back around, the young female made her way down the walkway. She had to wait though, to see if Voli was going to go to his own car, or if they were going to wait for Enzo like last time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    ██ █ ██▌[ SPIRIT SHAMAN ]██▌█ ██

4. Characters in this post:
    Candy smirked, going into her room to put on some clothes. Leaving the door open so she could still talk to Dass, she changed into a plain, black pencil skirt and a fancy, poofy-sleeved blouse. "Oh, I just need to talk to him, is all. Business, you know." She walked back to the bathroom, quickly applying some eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. She dried her hair, brushing it out nicely, and pulled it all to one side. As she came back out, she smiled at Dass. "Why don't we go see him together?"

Silver was still confused about what the deal was with Enzo. He was avoiding looking at her, but why? She shrugged. It probably wasn't that important, anyways. She quickly went back to the bathroom, dried off her hair, and put her clothes back on. She would need to go shopping later. After a few minutes, she came back out, and saw Enzo waiting for her. "Oops, sorry to keep you waiting." She smiled sheepishly and shrugged, walking past him and out the door. She waited by the car, wondering about what would come next.

5. Characters in this post:
    Enzo gave Silver a smile as if not to worry about the delay. It hadn't bothered him in the slightest. He followed after Silver, and get in the car. The location mentioned in the text was between Enzo and Volitaire's home, thought it was closer to Volitaire's in that they could walk to it.

So from there, Enzo and Silver went towards the desired location first, hoping Volitaire would know where to go to catch up to them. Arriving at the location, it looked more like a rundown hotel than an apartment block. There was no clear sign of current-era technology anywhere on the building. It gave off an impression of an abandoned building.

Outside was a homeless man, presumably the one mentioned in the text. He was sitting nearby the alley entrance, listing to old war songs on the radio. The battered man tuned down the radio when Enzo's Audi stopped just on the curb. The windows were tinted black, so the man had no clue as to who it was.

Soon, the driver door opened, and Enzo stepped out and approached the man.
    "Ey, kid. You here 'ta learn of your future?" He asked with a tone that suggested he was hopeful someone would pay him for his services. Enzo shook his head in response, and the homeless man slumped, his previous (but faked) excitement died down. "I'm looking for a man called Smough."
    Enzo stated bluntly. The expression of the man changed once more, this time his eyes narrowed, and slowly met with Enzo's. They exchanged glances for a moment after the man had realized that Enzo and Silver had seen past his homeless front. He felt more hostile now than anything. "Don't worry," Enzo reassured him by holding up his Guardian ring and flaring it up with Sky flame. "We're not one of them."

The homeless man silently nodded. As long as the two were magicians, they would be allowed in, however, he did not know of the Guardians, so the ring meant nothing more than a sign of magic. Nevertheless, he beckoned for the two to follow him, and brought them to a steel bar gate. On the other side were steps that led down to another door. Different colored lights were flashing from under the door. That's when Enzo noticed the homeless man had unlocked the gate before them, and opened it. "Go ahead in. No funny business."

And so the man left to return to his 'post'. Enzo gave Silver a glance to check if she were ready, then he went down the steps and through the door. Instantly, his ears were flooded with loud, underground music. The entire place was covered with people, mostly young. None of them looked like a gang member, or a member of the Brotherhood, from what Enzo could see. He slithered his way past groups of people, being careful not to go too far and lose Silver.

The crowds of people were all turned to one central point in the middle of the room, and once Enzo made his way past most of the group, he realized he was standing in front of a large boxing ring of sorts. The ring itself had a magical barrier shaped as a dome over it. For whatever reason, when Enzo got closer to it, he could feel a large amount of magic energy past it. It made sense, considering there were two people already inside the ring fighting. One of the combatants was your average brute wielding a hammer, trying his best to use his inhuman strength to crush the other opponent, who was a mysterious man in a white suit. He dodged and rolled away from the hammer, keeping a hand on his white fedora as he moved along. The edges of the hat kept the man's eyes away from view, but from the looks of it, he was tiring out the brute by just dodging.

Meanwhile, the crowd was cheering loudly. That's when Enzo noticed he felt weaker, a LOT weaker. He looked at Silver with a concerned expression.
    "Silver, I think this might be... magic nullification?" As he talked, he tried his best to flare up his ring, to no avail. His next attempt was to try and enter his Soulless form, but that didn't work either. This was going to be harder than he thought.

6. Characters in this post:
    » » » » imaginative xxxxx » » » » sweet xxxxx » » » » witch''

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    During the course of them looking for information, Nami had kicked back in one of the chairs. In order to distract her, Juro ended up pulling out a video player, and had her watching different videos. Strangely enough, while her personality was like that of a beach blondie bimbo, she actually had a very serious mind to a point. The videos she watched, were history vids. They showed her everything that happened over time, as well as how technology became so big. At one point, when she was changing vids with a happy smile on her face, she heard Argo ask Juro a question about a Brotherhood. Her bright orbs, glanced over, tilting her head as she smiled still as she listened. A Brotherhood of magic beings? It seemed interesting at that.

Yet as she recalled one of the videos she watched, it stated they were a group that the government were trying to get to stop. Shrugging, she was soon standing up. Brushing her blonde hair over her shoulder, she was soon moving as she wiggled her fingers over at the two guys. "I'm going to go get a little fresh air~ I'll be back soon." She would give a wink towards them. It looked like she was winking at Argo, but it was for Juro as well. Humming a soft tune under her voice, Nami would skip along while her hands were behind her back.

Moving through the warehouse, she made her way to go outside like she stated. So far, everything was okay with her. Her urges of needing energy was very low, so it meant she didn't have to go to Argo again. Letting out a soft sound, she opened the door as she stepped out. Yet she froze, when the back of her neck tingled. Twisting her head around, she was soon enough falling back with a gasp. A little shriek of surprise escaped Nami's throat, when a dagger suddenly dove into the frame of the door she was walking through. Falling back inside, she fell on her ass, as she stared at the weapon with wide eyes. Suddenly, a figure dropped down into the doorway into a crouch. Slowly, it moved into a standing position while grabbing the dagger out of the door.

Ash stared down at the dark skinned female, a slow smile coming over her face, as her reptilian eyes looked at her. Her long tongue darted out, licking the air as she fingered her weapon. "Knock, knock~" She purred out, in that low husky like tone of hers. The green haired female was suddenly moving, and Nami was letting out another shriek, as she twisted around as she threw her hand out behind her. Ash gotten a face full of flowers, that the Soulless created. Ash just let out a scoff of disbelief at that, but was grinning the whole time, as she was chasing after the female. Easily catching up, as she threw her dagger out. Nami winced, as she only dogged to the point of getting cuts, but had gotten one dagger slam into the back of her left shoulder. Her left arm went numb from that, but kept running, while making objects out of thin air appear, to try to block the assassin's path.

╔══════════════════════╗
    S O U L L E S S
    ╚══════════════════════╝

7. Characters in this post:
    When another dagger was thrown, it was suddenly split in half by a quick flash of steel. There stood Juro, fully ready and determined with his black blade already unsheathed and in front of him. "I knew I'd see you again." He stated firmly. He swung his sword down to the ground, and gave Ash a 'come hither' look. "Let's get this over with."

8. Characters in this post:
    Voli kept his eyes on the text, quickly skimming through while also trying to pick up on any more important information. He managed to memorize the location, name, and means of access which was his Guardian Ring. He silently repeated the directions to himself in a less than audible tone, he didn't want Faye to think he was going crazy murmuring repeated phrases to himself under his breath. Half of him was listening to Faye talk but he continued to remain on his memorization until she brought up his Guardian Ring. She looked curious towards what his Ring was and what significance it had to the Brotherhood and himself. He figured what's a better time to tell her than now, since he'd probably be soon using it once again. "My ring?" He asked while he began walking. "It's a Ring that signifies my authority as a Guardian of Magic. The notable trait about it is how it holds Flames, like the entities in Gaze or Enzo. Mine holds the Storm Flames. A highly destructive Flame that wields the attribute of Disintegration. While I barely use it because of it's Destructive power it kinda works like another spell for me. I once used the Flame in this ring before around you, but Sin didn't seem to like it much... Which is another reason why I refrained from using it around you."

9. Characters in this post:

sadistic xxxxx cyborg xxxxx assassin'
    Ash gave a grin, when she saw the familiar young boy. She gave a shiver, when he gave her that look, but also threw his sword down in that stance. "Ooooh~ I was waiting to see you again. And since I have the okay to do what I want, with what I found, this will be very pleasurable~" She purred out, her eyes lowering. Suddenly, her arms were like a blur, as she threw out more throwing daggers. But she used that as a distraction, as she ran forward with a abnormal speed, pulling out a wicked looking large razor dagger-blade. She slashed out with it at Juro. Aiming towards his arms mostly, as she was trying to catch him off guard, a wide grin over on her face the whole time.

Meanwhile, Nami had snuck away, going to find Argo as she held a hand to her right shoulder. Bleeding steadily the whole time. But there wasn't nothing much she could do about that. Until she found Argo that is. If Juro needed help, she would help, but to do that, she needed more energy. So that way she could at least stop the bleeding, as she uses a power she hadn't used in a long while.

██ █ ██▌{ METAL SNAKE }██▌█ ██

10. Characters in this post:

stubborn xxxxx magical xxxxx tomboy
    Faye listened to Voli, when he explained about his ring, as well as showed her it. She would look at it for a while, as they walked together, but then looked up at him when he stated how Sin didn't like it. She let out a slight hum like sound, as she raised her hand up to her chin while speaking in a low voice. "It would make sense, why. Since Sin actually can't get hurt by physical means." She would wave her hand, showing him the tattoo like marking on the inside of her right palm, as she smiled a bit. "Sin is a spirit, so most physical objects or attacks can't do much to damage him. But if it's magical or on a spirital level like your ring is almost with the Gaze. Then it makes sense why he's like that."

Faye would then shrug, moving her arms behind her head, as she continued to walk. Looking ahead now, as she continued. "Plus, I think it's more of a fear, that if he got harmed I would feel it. Since when ever Sin get's hurt, I feel it through, like I was hit or harmed in that one place."

██ █ ██▌[ SPIRIT SHAMAN ]██▌█ ██

11. Characters in this post:
    As soon as Ash start throwing her daggers, Juro took off sprinting towards her. He spun his sword in a circle as a shield against her daggers. She was running a lot faster than him, so perhaps he could use that to his advantage. When Ash got close enough, Juro flipped up into the air and coasted over Ash.

"Eve, now!" He shouted before landing behind Ash. A section of the floor quickly rose up to form a wall in front of the robotic woman. If it worked, she would have ran straight into it with her back facing Juro, and he would thrust his sword forward in a stabbing motion to finish her off quickly. If it didn't work, however, he would most likely get his sword stuck inside of the wall, and it would take some time before he could yank it out.

12. Characters in this post:

sadistic xxxxx cyborg xxxxx assassin'
    Ash let out a tsk sound, when Juro suddenly flipped over her, but then a wall suddenly popped up in front of her. Just as she was about to slam into it, she suddenly shoved one of her legs up close to her body, so she pushed the foot against the wall. She dove up into the air, as she flipped over behind Juro. Using the same technique he did. Watching when he slammed his sword into the wall, she chuckled as she stood there. Yet a slight dark color was starting to form around her right leg, where she used to push off on the wall. "Look at this~ You made me go and rip my skin, naughty, naughty~" She purred out. As she slowly moved forward, pieces of the artifical skin started to slide out from her pant leg, as she moved forward. The darkness, was a deep, deep red coloring. It was a special type of fluid, that kept the skin healthy and alive. But it was something she didn't need. Ash made her way up behind Juro, raising her razor up as she licked along the blade as she stared at the boy with a slight flushed face. Excitement in her gaze, as she knew she was about to cut this one down.

Meanwhile, Nami panted as she ran back into the room where Argo was at. Running up to him, she would quickly reach out with her good arm, and grip at his shirt to pull him in close. "Argo! I know this isn't the right time, but I need some of your energy again. My wound needs to be closed, before I try fighting in my Soulless form. Please?" She stared up at him with her wide blue eyes, as they had a serious look in them, her breathing a bit picked up from running. "If you do allow that, I need you to pull the blade out of my shoulder. I can't do it now, or I'll lose too much blood before then."

██ █ ██▌{ METAL SNAKE }██▌█ ██

13. Characters in this post:
    Dass couldn't help it but staring at her. Oh, God, she was gorgeous. After a moment, he realized he had been looking at her without saying anything and blinked a few times while looking away. "Umm... I can't... I have to move my things to my accommodations and I've got work to do." He said as he took his bags and walked towards the door.

14. Characters in this post:
    Argo's attention swung over to Nami's as if she had called out 'Honey, i'm home!' Unfortunately for him, it was much worse than that. She had a dagger in her shoulder and she was in need for some quick energy. As expected, Argo nodded in acceptance, but he shook with nervousness a little knowing that there could be a powerful foe nearby. Did they want him? Maybe whoever it is, wanted to kill Argo for finding the book. All kinds of possibilities flowed through his mind. "Alright, alright!" He shouted in an attempt to clam her down, but in reality he was trying to calm himself down. He walked around Nami. His face winced up in pain when he saw how deep the blade was. "Jesus Christ.." He slowly gripped the dagger's handle, and with one mighty, swift pull, he freed the weapon from Nami's arm, instantly dropping it afterwards.

Meanwhile, Juro was in a bind. He wasn't expecting Ash to have reflexes like THAT. Her metal skeleton confirmed it. She was a cyborg, and cyborgs had reflexes that outmatched a lot of animals. Juro pulled on his sword to free it from the wall, but it wouldn't budge. Damn it! He quickly turned around. He lifted his hand up and his second blade materialized in his hand, the tip was formed last, his entire sword pointed at her. "Two blades, bitch."

15. Characters in this post:
    Nami gave a slight weak like smile, when Argo freaked out the way he did, in a form of trying to calm her down. She could tell it was more for him. Closing her eyes, she let him go around her to see the blade. She hissed out, at feeling him touch it, but soon enough he was pulling it out of her. She let out a groan, not thinking she would feel this type of pain in a long time. Right away, she began to bleed in a steady pace. Panting softly, she turned around as she pressed into Argo's body. Already he could feel the small drains she was doing from contact. "Thank you....Argo...I really owe you one....I promise....I'll make this up to you...." She murmured out. Reaching with both shaking hands, she placed them on both sides of his face, as she suddenly was kissing him deeply. That's when it happened. As Nami had closed her eyes in order to kiss Argo, they would suddenly open up wide, as the blue was now a bright golden color. The bleeding had finally stopped, and Nami slowly broke the kiss.

The next one she gave, was more then an energy drain, it was a simple kiss as she held onto his face with those glowing golden eyes. Moving her face again, she would give him a smile that was different from the usual Nami. It had a deadly edge to it, when looking into her golden eyes. "Thank you, Argo-san~" A sudden rush of power was felt, as it came from the room that "Lilith" and Argo was in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Ash bent her body back, flipping slightly as Juro pointed a second blade at her. She started to tremble, grinning widely as she narrowed her eyes at him. Her face becoming more flushed, as she was more excited now. "Oooooh, yessss~ Fight back, fight me, little boy~ The more you fight, the better the pleasure for me at the end~"

That's when her internal wiring went off, as a magic source suddenly went off. Standing straight, the flush was gone, as Ash stared down the hallway with wide eyes. She stared in almost a angry way, as she gritted her teeth. "What the hell......is that Soulless boy here?" Only these readings happened one time before, when Enzo was in Soulless form. Ash had her database installed to find those readings. The problem was though, she had no idea it was a different person.

16. Characters in this post:
    Argo's eyes rolled back when Nami kissed him once more. It wasn't every day that a girl lived off of your body. This time, however, she changed. It nearly made Argo freak out once more, but he kept his cool. He found himself lost in Nami- no, Lilith's eyes. They were inhuman. He figured it was a gift of the Soulless to have pretty eyes.

Sadly, she had to break the kiss. It was draining him badly, but he didn't care, energy was something that could be renewed. His expression was sad, but determined. Before she went to leave, he grabbed her arm.
    "Wait, i'm coming with you." He stated, shaking himself a little to wake himself up.

Juro on the other hand, had to check his surroundings himself when Ash mentioned the 'Soulless boy'. Was Enzo there? He could have sworn that they were on their way to the Brotherhood hideout. Either way, he had to keep focused on this fight. Ash was quick and skilled. Any more wrong moves could cost him his life. He took this time to free his sword. Now, he was wielding both of his swords, one in each hand.

They started to hum and glow with color. In reality, they were being charged with electricity from the floor. Eve had directed some of the building's power to that spot, and his swords acted as a magnet and absorbed it. Small arcs of electricity jumped from the floor to the swords. The forms of the swords themselves shifted a little. The tip was sharper, the edges were thinner, and a single good hit could short-circuit Ash.

17. Characters in this post:
    Lilith stared at Argo, when he moved to stop her, grabbing her arm. Hearing what he said, made her smile sweetly at him, as her eyes glowed softly. The transformation came slowly, as her ears became longer as well as energy like wings came out of her head. Reaching up, she would cup her hand against his cheek as she spoke in a soft voice. "So kind and heroic you are...." Of course, that's when he felt something run through him, as if the air was knocked out of him. That was because Lilith went to move to punch him in the gut. It wasn't hard enough to really do damage, but enough to show that he was weak. She continued to stare down at him, as her blonde hair hid part of her eyes as she kept giving that sweet smile. "But you'll only be a hindrience in this condition. Trust me, sweet Argo-san, you helped enough~" It was clear, that this version of Nami was completely different from before. Then again, this was her Soulless form, her other side.

Reaching down, she pressed a simple kiss against Argo's forhead. Brushing his hair out of his face a bit. "Trust me, when this is all over, I'll show you nirvana as a reward~" Moving back, Lilith would soon make her way, as golden like wings sprouted from her back, and she was suddenly gone in a rush of energy.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Ash wasn't truly paying attention to Juro, when he started to channel the energy. Narrowing her eyes, she would almost make a tsk like sound again, as her tongue darted out to taste the air. That's when she felt it, and turned to look at Juro with a cruel smirk, as she chuckled. "Oooooh~? Using electricity aye?" A she was about to reach down to grip her daggers, that's when suddenly something went slamming out at the side into Ash. It looked almost like a huge metal hammer. It suddenly appeared out of nowhere, as the side of it slammed into the side of Ash's head, causing her to knock back and down the way. She slammed into the wall, as she laid in a heap for a bit, before she twitched and quickly made her way up. Her usual yellow eyes, were glowing, as her interal wiring kicked in.

Standing nearby, was Lilith, smiling still as she hovered off the ground with the help of her wings that were sprouting out of her back. As well, slowly around her every type of weapon began to manifest around her. Swords, axes, hammers, and daggers. Even spears as well, as they slowly formed one by one. "Let's play a little game~"

18. Characters in this post:
    Juro was prepared to launch an attack on Ash, when a large hammer-like object appeared and knocked the wind out of her. He stopped, his swords low to the ground as he tried to make sense of what happened. That's when Lilith appeared. "Nami?! What the hell?"

19. Characters in this post:
    Silver simply followed Enzo as they entered the place, keeping her guard up. She had no idea what sort of place they were going into, and she never really liked that. She had her swords on her, of course, but with all the advances in technology recently, she never knew what might have an impact on her magic or not. Despite her paranoia, she continued to follow her friend until they came across a strange fighting ring of some sort.

Enzo made a comment about some strange power he felt, and how he thought it might something nullifying his magic. Now that she thought about it, he was right. As she tried to use some of her own magic, she couldn't. She glanced around, keeping herself alert and ready should something go wrong. "Don't worry, Enzo. I got you covered, okay?" She offered him a reassuring smile, hoping he wouldn't start to feel anxious or anything since he couldn't do much. Silver wasn't sure about how strong Enzo was without his magic, but surely she could take care of the both of them.

Candy tilted her head at Dass, listening to him explain that he had something else to do. "Oh, do you need any help?" If not, she was just going to go straight to Mr. Tormod's office. Surely she wouldn't need to call beforehand.

20. Characters in this post:
    Enzo nodded nervously at Silver. She knew exactly what his problem was. He couldn't defend himself very well without the aid of his flames. It made him paranoid knowing he was vulnerable.

Meanwhile, in a different location within the hideout, a man sat in his chair, watching the fighting arena through cameras. A voice buzzed into the dark room.
    "Smough, we've got problems." The voice announced. Indeed, the man watching the cameras inside of the dark room was Smough. He wore a gas mask, which obviously covered his facial appearance and masked his voice to sound distorted. "What is it?" Smough replied. "Two people just entered the pits. They have Guardian rings."

All that could be heard in the silence was Smough's breathing through the mask. He was searching for said people through the cameras, and eventually, he spotted the rings on their fingers, and saw how they attempted to flare them. "More imposters? Throw them in the pit. I already have one peasant to deal with." The 'peasant' Smough was referring to was Raen. Shortly after leaving Marcus' house, he was captured once more by the Brotherhood. His fate was unknown.

Back in the arena, the brute had just about enough of the man with the white fedora. His hammer charged up with yellow energy to follow up with his last attack. The man in white stood there as the large brute swung his hammer down on him. The impact made the barrier fizz a little as an explosion of sorts fill the dome. Smoke covered the battleground, but it was eventually cleared to show the brute on the ground. Half of his body was gone. It looked as if he exploded, while the man in the white fedora only suffered a few bruises. He brushed himself off, and sighed at the fact that he had blood on his white suit. The body of the brute started to burn away into the air, leaving only his half-skeleton to stay there.

Now, it was time for the next challenger. The barrier faded, but the man in white remained. The pits was a good source of money, which was probably why he looked rich and clean in the first place. Suddenly, Silver would feel a push from seemingly nobody that would knock her down into the arena.
    "Silver!!" Enzo called out. He gave chase, but the barrier appeared once more and repelled Enzo back. There wasn't any way he could break into it from the outside.

On the inside, The man in the fedora merely tipped his hat in her direction.
    "Oh, a Soulless, eh? AND a daughter of Darkness? You will make a fine addition to my collection of bitches, indeed."

21. Characters in this post:
    Before Silver could respond to Enzo, she was suddenly pushed down into the ring. She landed on her feet, but lost her balance a little for a moment. Luckily, she stayed on her feet. The fact that she wasn't expecting to fall was what made her lose her balance. She looked back up at Enzo, who was staring down at her with a horrified face. She glanced back to the man in white, who spoke out to her in a rather disrespectful tone. "Excuse me? I am no one's bitch." How did he know she was a soulless, or a daughter of Darkness? She glared at the man, crossing her arms. "What, now that I've fallen in, I have to fight you or something? How cliche." She wanted to get this over with soon, so she wouldn't have to leave Enzo alone for too long.

22. Characters in this post:
    "So you ARE new here. That's the way it works around here, sweetheart. You think people openly run towards their death? That's stupid." As the man talked trash, it could be seen that he was no physical fighter. During the entire fight with the skeleton that was once a large, hammer wielding warrior, he never lifted a finger towards him, yet the brute died in such a way.

The crowd was starting to fuss over the fact that all they did was talk. They wanted to see action and blood. A glint flashed under the man's fedora, and Silver would soon feel a tingle in her head. A headache without the pain.
    You've been through quite a lot, Mist. Smough would be the reason as to why you're here. He believes you are an impostor. The man was speaking to Silver telepathically, so obviously, nobody would be able to actually hear it but them.

23. Characters in this post:
    Silver was about to reply to the man when she felt a strange feeling in her head. She froze and stared at him, hearing his voice inside her head.
    An impostor? I'm no impostor.. How does he know about me?...
    Worrying he could read her thoughts, she quickly tried to clear her mind and glanced back up to Enzo, a slightly worried look on her face. As she saw the rest of the crowd getting all riled up over no action, she looked back to the man. "Fine, then. If they want a fight, then we'll fight." Silver held up her hand in front of her face, her palm facing towards the rest of her body as her ring ignited in mist flames. She clenched her fist and closed her eyes, taking one step back, then one step forward again. A smirk appeared on her face as she opened her eyes. Finally, some action.
    "Shall we?"

24. Characters in this post:
    Enzo grunted in frustration. There was no way he could get through and help Silver, but then again, it didn't look like she needed it. She was able to ignite her flames within the barrier, so it was a magic nullifying field in the building. Enzo just couldn't stand and watch, they had a mission to complete.

He thought quickly of possible ways he could regain his flames. He scanned the crowd for anyone or anything important. His eyes stopped on a mage with a rifle of sorts in his hand. He looked to be guarding the room along with some other mages positioned in different spots.
    Maybe if I could get some answer out of him... Enzo looked down at his hands. No, i'm too weak for that. He closed them into fists in anger.

The man in white grinned as the crowd got even more hype at the sight of Silver's flames. Her opponent would beckon for her to attack him.

25. Characters in this post:
    Silver stared at the man as he beckoned her, wondering if he would attack at all. It didn't look like he did much in the last match, so she wondered if all his powers were in the mind. The smirk on her face faded as she reached down and across to her sides, pulling forward to reveal the swords she had been hiding somewhere. Where, she would never reveal. But she always had them on her, and they were still the same as they always were. She twirled one around, and pointed the other at the man in white, examining the edge before twirling that one too.
    Alright, he wants me to go first, then I might as well start off easy.

She twirled her swords, the smirk appearing on her face again before she disappeared. Silver reappeared behind the man, slicing down at his back.
    Nice and easy.

26. Characters in this post:
    The man had figured she would attack from behind. Because of the fact that he had seen all of her previous battles, he learned of her battle tactics as a Mist Guardian. He sidestepped as soon as she disappeared, regardless of what direction she attacked from; front or back. She rarely opened a battle with a side attack, so his dodge was clean and successful.

He slid to a stop, facing Silver. He adjusted his hat, which still covered his eyes. It was starting to become questionable how he could see at all during fights. Soon after his dodge, he darted for Silver and went for a knee to the face.

27. Characters in this post:
    Silver pouted at his rather nice dodge, and sidestepped at the last second to avoid his attack. Alright, what she was going to do was obvious, so of course he would dodge like that. Still, it was a little unsettling to Silver. When he adjusted his hat a bit, she felt weird. Something was a bit off, or she just wasn't seeing the full picture. She just wondered what the full picture was. As she dodged his attack, Silver swung her sword around behind her and at the man, figuring this would probably be it as far as this fight went. She attacks, he dodges, he attacks, she dodges. What a boring fight. Still, she hoped to hit him at least a few times before either of them got too tired. Should her first sword miss, she had the second one coming in at a much wider angle, meaning it would take longer to get there, but it would be more likely to hit him.

28. Characters in this post:
    Boring, is it? Very well. Let's spice things up a bit. The man in white simply took the blade to the side, ripping open his suit a little and clearly showing a gash in his side. He landed, not too phased by it. However, Silver's clothes would begin to be stained by her blood in the exact same spot she slashed her opponent in, only this time, the pain would be worse. The man would turn around and face Silver. Yes, did I catch you off guard? This is a type of sensory magic. If you're too small-minded to notice, I know all about you now.

From this angle, Silver would be able to see that the man's face is missing eyes. No bandages or eyepatches. There was literally no eyes. In reality, he was viewing the battle from Silver's perspective. He would know all of her future moves just before they happened. It was harder to predict seeing as how complex the Mist Guardian's mind was, still, it was enough that he could see himself and dodge accordingly.

I know about you, your loving husband JD, and your little Seth too. We wouldn't want them to miss out on the action too, would we?

29. Characters in this post:
    Silver was caught off guard by the voice in her head again, and the fact that the man grabbed her sword and cut himself on it threw her off even more. However, her confusion reached it's peak when she seemed to feel the immense pain in her side, and looked to see blood on her clothes. "You.. What?..."
    You know all about me?..

As she looked up at him to see that his face had no eyes, she felt more alarmed than anything. Was he seeing all of this through Silver?
    The grip on her swords tightened at the thought of her two boys. He knew about them too. What did that mean, 'We wouldn't want them to miss out on the action too'? Her eyes widened a bit at the thought. Could they feel this pain too?

30. Characters in this post:
    The man smirked. She was getting uneasy. This was his plan. If you die, they will as well. Harm me, and the pain will transfer to all three of you. If you're truly the current Mist Guardian like you portray yourself as, you'll pull through. Now fight like you have a soul, heh. It become clearer now why the brute was so frustrated during his fight. The smaller man was obviously outgunned, but he was inside of the brutes head, playing and toying with his emotions like a violin. Perhaps this was the trick as to why everyone loved it when he fought inside of the ring.

On the outside, all Enzo could do was hope that Silver had it under control. But while the crowd was cheering for the man in white, Enzo started to smile. Especially when Silver seemed in distress. He knew Silver too well to know that whatever the situation was, she would be defeated. The daughter of Darkness would never have that.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Posts 601 to 630 of 665