Login to your account

Taking the Chance (Accepting magical characters)

Living the life of a teenager is not easy here in the little town of Alota Days- especially when you're as abnormal as it gets. Students who are wealthy can go to Alota Days High School and have the time of their lives and students who are here on a scholarship can get the best education they can, weather they are human or supernatural.......

Tags: fun, high school, humor, learning, school, students, teachers

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Ursue7

Created: 06-16-2011, 04:11 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 811

1. Characters in this post:
    Getting off her bike, Miss Nakano fiddled with her bike chain for a few minutes, while trying to balance her file folder full of graded papers and her lunch. "Oh come on, get... around.. the.." Just as she finally stretched it through and locked it in place all of her paperwork flew in the air. In the midst of trying to catch it all, the frazzled teacher managed to drop her lunch on the ground as well. Looking down at the mess she whimpered. "That was the landlady's home made curry..." Her heart sunk as she fell to her knees and gathered her papers off the ground. Guess it's chips and coffee from the machines outside the school again. Dazing off she heard the bell go off, making her eyes pop out of her head. "No! Not again!" She was going to be late to her own classroom, boy was she setting a bad example for these kids. And if that little goody two shoes went and ratted on her again, she was surely going to get chewed out after first period.

Picking up the remainder of the slightly curry stained papers she stuffed them under her arm and started jogging to her class room. Her heels clicked on the linoleum floors that glinted under the bright lighting. The halls were practically empty already. So much for this day going well...

Finally she came upon her classroom and took a deep breath. One, Two, Three. Pulling the door open she tried to see composed as possible, her hair a bit of a wreck and her glasses slightly crooked. Unfortunately she hadn't noticed those yet as she placed her belongings on her desk, shuffling through to find the lesson plan for today so class could begin.

2. Characters in this post:
    T.K.
    The Colorful
    T.K. entered the reading classroom, her thumbs under the straps of her backpack. She looked around, until her eyes found the teacher that shuffled though the papers. She glanced around the floor to find a stained paper. She bent down and picked it up, handing it to the lady.
    "Ma'am? Are you just settling into the classroom? If you are expecting students, they don't come until tomorrow." she said, putting her hands into her pockets. "The students are free to explore, and most of them must be in the elective wing." she had been here since last year and she hadn't reconised the teacher. She offered her hand, saying, "Name's T.K. I'll be in your class homeroom and 1st period."

3. Characters in this post:
    Anaya Jones

Anaya was walking down the hallway with her books held to her chest. She was walking briskly, her heels clicking against the floor. She was unfocused though, making her slightly unbalenced in her little heels. She closed her eyes for just one moment and then fell face first onto the floor. She yelped as she hit the ground, and her books flew across the hallway. She got up onto her knees, her hands locked in front of her. "Ow..." she whispered.
    She managed to get up and pick up her papers, going to the social studdies classroom.

4. Characters in this post:
    Tamani pulled into the school's parking lot and stopped in a teacher's parking spot. He put his feet down and balenced himself before pulling off his helmet. He put his hand ontop of one of the compartments of his motorcycle, pushing down on it, making it pop up. From there, he pulled out his glasses and put them on, and then finally got off of the two wheeled vehicle. He took out the keys and pocketed them and then put his helmet into the seat compartment. He then pulled out his laptop bag and went on in. Soon, he matched pace with Mr.Raven.
    "Hello, Tobias. I hope you've recovered from your incident." he greeted in his english accent.

5. Characters in this post:
    He had pulled out a key from his right pocket and opened the door to his room. Mr Ridford was opening the door to one of the most open classrooms in the entire school. It consisted of debates and the best teaching of history which any person in his field could not match. He however made sure people also learned and didn't take his class for granted. If they followed the rules in place.

He had a chalkboard so he went over to it and grabbed a piece of chalk. It felt just like chalk should feel. Like it'll stay there unless some fool comes by to erase it. As he looked a the board he would right in the middle and at the top what would become his classroom rules.

Ridford Rules
    1. All students are to be on time unless excused by the proper methods.
    2. Debates are once daily and only consist of half of the class.
    3. Study materials are needed daily and assignments will be worth alot of points.
    4. Test are rare and few but naturally worth alot of points.
    5. Respect your fellow students or go to the deans.
    6. Any missed time shall be made up on your own and not the classes.
    7. Follow all or face punishment.

He looked at what he wrote and he thought it was rather well set. He had to set an example to all future students which would surely show that he was in command of the classroom and that history was going to be taught and will go into their heads whether the students like it or not.

6. Characters in this post:
    Headmaster's voice comes on the intercom.
    "Hello teachers and students, thank you for coming to Alota Days's 2nd anual "School Tour Day. Teachers, please get into your classrooms ASAP."
    The Intercom clicks off.

7. Characters in this post:
    "Hello teachers and students, thank you for coming to Alota Days's 2nd anual "School Tour Day. Teachers, please get into your classrooms ASAP."
    The Intercom clicks off.

8. Characters in this post:
    The Intercom clicks off.

9. Characters in this post:
    Anaya Jones

Anaya limped into the social studdies room, putting her books down on a desk and sitting down to check out her knee. It only just stung, but a blue and purple bruise started to form. She hissed quietly before looking up at Mr. Ridford. "'Ello, sir." she said simply before tending to her bruise a little more.

10. Characters in this post:
    What a mess she was, wasn't she? A student had to be the one to inform her classes don't even begin until tomorrow. Whining as she sat on her desk she shook her head. Looking up she took the papers from the girl. "Thanks..." That stood together quietly for a moment and she took a deep breath.

"T.K, huh?" Looking back to her she reached out her hand and smiled, shaking the girls dainty hand. "Well it's very nice to meet you." Standing up she placed the papers on her desk and opened up her folder. "I'm Miss Nakano... and let me guess..." Dragging her finger down her roster she smirked. "You'd prefer I didn't call you Teresa Kinley." Chuckling lightly she smiled in the girls direction.

11. Characters in this post:
    T.K. flushed and looked down, frowning. "Yes ma'am. It really is a sore subject with me, about my name. It sounds too girly." she muttered, looking back up. She pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Is too long of a story, and I don't like tellin' it." She walked over to a desk and put her stuff at it.

12. Characters in this post:
    What a mess she was, wasn't she? A student had to be the one to inform her classes don't even begin until tomorrow. Whining as she sat on her desk she shook her head. Looking up she took the papers from the girl. "Thanks..." That stood together quietly for a moment and she took a deep breath.

"T.K, huh?" Looking back to her she reached out her hand and smiled, shaking the girls dainty hand. "Well it's very nice to meet you." Standing up she placed the papers on her desk and opened up her folder. "I'm Miss Nakano... and let me guess..." Dragging her finger down her roster she smirked. "You'd prefer I didn't call you Teresa Kinley." Chuckling lightly she smiled in the girls direction.

13. Characters in this post:
    T.K. flushed and looked down, frowning. "Yes ma'am. It really is a sore subject with me, about my name. It sounds too girly." she muttered, looking back up. She pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Is too long of a story, and I don't like tellin' it." She walked over to a desk and put her stuff at it.

((REPOST FOR NO CONFUSION))

14. Characters in this post:
    ((Sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention and hit reply to thread instead of post. ))

Junko had made her flustered, maybe the question was a little too personal than she had previously expected. "Don't worry about it, oh and... I like your hair...T.K." The style she had was different than most but it had it's own unique appeals. No way could a geezer like her be able to pull it off, approaching the terrible 3-0. She figured it was as good a time as ever to quickly get off the previous topic. "Jeeze, didn't that announcement sound a little stern to you? That man is so cold...." It was like the sound of your father in a bad mood, you weren't in trouble but you knew he was upset.

A few more students begin to trail in, some smiling at her, some giving her the glance trying to read her on the first day, and some not even paying attention to the fact she was there. They must be future students of mine as well, checking out the room. Unfortunately, her room was plain and looked harsh compared to other teachers class rooms.

15. Characters in this post:
    Tamani nodded, smiling a little. "Good to hear that." the announcements went on, and he stopped, listening. He started walking again, to his classroom, without another word.

16. Characters in this post:
    Tamani entered his room, putting his laptop bag onto his desk. He then walked to the back of the class, turning on the power for the whole room. Suddenly, the air conditioner started to kick in, cooling off the room some. He walked back up to his desk and set up his laptop. Quickly the charger wire was plugged in and his USB hub was set up, with his mouse, SmartBoard and tablet were all attached. He turned on the projector and then pulled up his presentation for his first classes.
    When he was finished, he went through the papers on his desk. When he looked at the attendence rosters, he found T.K.'s name on it. Suddenly his thoughts went to how he had left the apartment. If he had left it in a mess, he would certainly be in trouble and would have to clean it spotless. Why does a little girl have so much more power over me? he thought. Maybe its just that she's Jacob's daughter. Yup, that's it. He was intimidating too.

17. Characters in this post:
    T.K. smiled meekly up at the teacher. "Thanks, your's insn't bad ether, you know, except for all the frizziness..." she said quietly, pointing it out, to save her from torture from students. She would do it herself, but she had promised Tamani to not be as maniplulative any more. What do his promises mean to me? she thought harshly, starting to unpack her bag into her desk.

18. Characters in this post:
    "Eh... what?" Reaching into her bag she pulled out her compact and aimed it at her head. Quickly, her eyes darted wide open and her face turned red. "Ah!" Trying to flatten her hair she wiggled around. "I'm such a mess! No wonder I'm never going to get married!" Not intending to say that out loud she didn't even notice. When she managed to fix her hair she closed the compact and put it back in her bag, putting it in her left hand desk drawer. "Nice save, kid." Sighing she sat in her chair and looked at her desk. What to do first? What was she supposed to be doing? Mingling with the students? Preparing for tomorrow?

19. Characters in this post:
    T.K. had already had her sketchbook open, doodling away at a page. She was drawing a waitress in a green dress holding her hat to her head. She was in the process of inking it, her brushpen in hand, she filled in the girl's hair. She didn't like mingling with others. She would wait until some nerdy guy came in, and she'd talk to him.

20. Characters in this post:
    Junko figured it would be best if she did get a head start on getting things together, this way if getting to school tomorrow turned out to be a disaster like today was... at least everything would be ready. She found spots throughout her desk to put all her books and materials. It was upsetting to her that she didn't have any framed pictures of family or anything like that on her desk, so she tried to make it look less empty by taking the books she planned on reading with the class this semester and lined them up on the edge of her desk, the bindings facing the class. This reminded her of the first assignments this year. Every student was to write a paper on the book they chose to read over the summer.

Seeing as T.K. had fallen into a daze, doodling something she couldn't quite make out from her seat she decided to make some small conversation with the girl. "So, T.K. what book did you read over the summer?" Placing her arms on the desk she leaned forward, anxious to get an answer. Literature was one of Miss Nakano's passions, which put her in this classroom, and discussing it was fun for her. Unfortunately, not every student loves to read or is even slightly interested in it. She couldn't blame them, it was all about what stimulated the individuals brain, as for Junko she may be one for reading but ask her a complicated math problem and she'd rather chew on dirt than attempt to solve it.

21. Characters in this post:
    T.K. jumped at the sound of the teacher's voice. She slammed the sketchbook shut and put her elbow on it and rested her chin on that. [b]"Oh! What I read... I read an awful this summer. Let's see... I read Graceling by Kristin Cashore, Vampirates by Justin Somper... I've read a lot..." she said quietly.

22. Characters in this post:
    "Hello." He had noticed she got a bruise and simply would shrug it off though remarking at that she should tend it if it gets worse and perhaps head to the nurses to see that she gets something done to it.

He was busy looking at his desk as he had to think of as to what his syllabus would say as to what to expect the whole entire year. So he turned on his computer and logged into the school network to only open a word processor. Here is what his class syllabus would say.

HISTORY

1. Soviet Bloc

23. Characters in this post:
    It seemed as though the girl wanted to keep her artwork a secret from the eyes around her, maybe some time this year she would get to sneak a peak, but she wouldn't be too pushy about it. One of her close friends in college was an art major who gave her the run down on how looking into someones sketchbook without permission is like watching someone undress from a window. The thought actually brought a smirk to her face. I wonder where she went.

Back to the conversation at hand. Thank goodness! This girl was an avid reader! Sometimes she didn't luck out like this, so she was going to take advantage of the opportunity. "I see... do you know which one you plan on doing this semesters first assignment on?" Getting up from her desk she started scribbling her name and various other information about the class on the board, trying to multi-task. "The assignment is going to be just a general report on the book, analyzing it's themes and what not, along with a bonus credit for those who do an elective project to go with it. Like say... drawing a scene from the novel and presenting it to the class..." She didn't look back at the girl, but knew the thought would intrigue her and it may be a good way to get a glance at her work.

24. Characters in this post:
    She had pressed a few pressure spots and the pain went away. She then sat up and looked up at the board. She then looked down at her speach. She had printed it out. "Do you know when they announce the rest of the student council? I'll need to know..." she asked, sitting up straight. She read the speach over in her head.

25. Characters in this post:
    T.K. raised an eyebrow. "Really? I'm allowed to do that? I'll do it on Graceling then. It would be easier." she thought it over. "Wait... You mean... Like... I have to present my work...??" she asked, a disgusted look on her face. She ran a hand through her hair and snorted.

26. Characters in this post:
    A sign sits on the wall of the main dormitory living room.

"Dormitory Rules
    1. No loud noises or parties during week days.
    2. Dormitories are co-ed. Male and female may both be in same room, only if there is no romantic relationship imbetween the two.
    3. No more than 5 people per room at a time.
    4. The air conditioning in the living space shall stay clean by the Dorm Leaders. But they are able to report those who do not pick after themselves.
    5. Dorm rooms under go a cleanliness check in order to keep rooms nice for whenever a parent or gaudian or person here on account of buisness comes to check here.
    6. If you want to fight, take it outside.
    7. No food in the dormitories except for water."

27. Characters in this post:
    Anaya realised suddenly that she left the other half of her speach in her dorm. Slowly her eyes go big and her mouth drops. "ACK! I gotta go grab the other part of my speach!" she cries as she puts all of her stuff down on the desk and runs out the door. She clicks down the hallway quickly until she gets to the dorm rooms out side.
    -Going to core class hallway-

28. Characters in this post:
    In a matter of hurry, Anaya crashed right into something. She was blinded by adreniline, and she had thought she had known her way around the school. She let the buzz disapear and saw that she had run into a guy. She gasped and scrambled to her knees crawling awkwardly over to the boy she knocked over. "Oh my goodness! I'm so very sorry! Are you okay?" she asked, her eyes as big as moons. She was sincerly sorry, and felt really bad for knocking the poor boy over.

29. Characters in this post:
    "Uhh. Sure." she said quietly as she took the hand and pulled herself up. She adjusted her shirt and looked up at the red haired guy. "I'm really sorry about that. Really, really sorry. I didn't think anyone would be in the hallways so I just ran... I left half of my speach in my dorm room." she said, looking away to the left to see a paper. She bent down and picked it up, and then handed it to the guy. "My name's Anaya. I'm the student body president. If you need anything, I'm in the Social Studdies room.. When I get back." she said shyly. She ran a hand through her hair, and sighed. "I am REALLY sorry." she said again.

30. Characters in this post:
    Anaya nodded, smiling a little. "Well, all down this hallway are all the core classes. Reading, Social Studdies and Math are on the right side of the hallway and Science and the library is on the other side." she said slapping her thighs a little. "Well, I gotta go, otherwise I'd give you the grand tour..." she laughed nervously. "Well, I'll talk to you later." she said as she ducked out of the core class wing and into the main building. She went to the dormitory side of the building and went there, going up to her room.
    -Going to Dorm Room-

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 811