Login to your account

The Clandestine Array - Closed

We are simply not normal to the people we are around. We have powers which are destructive and hurt the people around us. We have abandoned our families to go into hiding as our powers are unbearable. We are hiding from normal people, the government, and anything else that is hunting for us as we try to learn to control our abilities and to prove that we aren't a threat.......

Tags: array, clandestine, family, friends, government, group, hidden, powers, secret, trust

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: APBCole

Created: 06-19-2011, 04:18 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 67

1. Characters in this post:
    Jamie was waiting outside the warehouse. He had no idea if he was to see any random wanderer come and try to ask what he was doing here. He ran this place for gods sakes as a safe haven from the government trying to take our powers from us and experiment on us intensely just for the sake of human greed. That's all it was. Greed. The government was full of it which is why they were out to get me.

He was hoping to at least see some new flesh or perhaps someone he could take in so the warehouse wasn't just sitting there and actually got some use. He did happen to restore everything. He just hoped people wouldn't mind as the place grew.

2. Characters in this post:
    Cadence stumbled upon what appeared to be some sort of warehouse, durring one of her wanderings. She figured, if nothing else, it would make a better place to sleep in than the alleyways she had been staying in for the last few nights.

Making her way around to the front, she was surprised to see a young man standing there. She hesitated on coming around the corner for a moment, before stepping out and revealing herself, making sure to have a shy smile on her face. The only thing that showed her nervousness was her white knuckles, wrapped around the handles of her violin case and small duffle bag.

3. Characters in this post:
    He had noticed a girl come around the corner and saw that she had a duffle bag and a violin case. A musician on the run? This will be interesting though lets see that I get her set in if she has any powers. I'm sure I got more than enough rooms. "Who are you? Welcome to Clandestine. If you've got a special power then show me a preview of it now so I don't feel like i'm dealing with a deaf person. At least I hope you're not deaf." He said slowly so she could understand and so that she wouldn't be too scared. If she even was.

4. Characters in this post:
    Cadence frowned, not really understanding what he was talking about. How could she tell him such things if she couldn't talk. Getting an idea, she dicided to kill two birds with one stone. Setting her bag and violin on the ground next to her, she took a deep breath, and started tapping her foot on the ground. This made just enough sound for her to see a green/blue shade shimer around the are. Forcing the noise to carry farther, she focussed on shaping the waves to spell her name, facing the man, and then on making the colour visible to him. She didn't know why, but she felt like she could trust him.

She knew she had been successful when she colours darkened in her vision, almost obsuring everything that she had previously been able to see through them. Smiling brightly, she let her control over the sound drop, and then pointed to herself.

5. Characters in this post:
    "Cadence? Welcome. Umm....i'm sorry the warehouse isn't in tip top shape but this place still needs alot more renovations and well....just come inside." He would go move from leaning against the outside to head towards the living room and kitchen. These rooms looked very old, almost as if they have been there for years, featuring some restored items that should work and have been tested to work. That all is a matter of luck though as it has not truly been tested. He then began to exit the area in which those were in.

He then directed her to the open field in which he began to speak again. "This is the field which has more than enough space for you to practice your powers. It is roomy for even the biggest of destruction and surely won't alert the authorities as we're on the outskirts far from town. Which i'm not offering a ride unless I happen to steal a car or two from a local dealership. Which altogether would be risky and require time." Jamie then turned around to see her expression as he would continue the tour if she had any feedback on things.

6. Characters in this post:
    Cadence followed the man around, looking at everything. She noticed it wasn't at modern as a lot of the places she had been to before, but what did she expect to find in a warehouse? At least it's clean, she thought to herself.

When they got to the field, her smile brightened. It looked wonderful, and she could see herself spending most of her time out here. The only reason she realized the mand was still speaking was because of the dark blue weaving through the air around her. She turned towards him, seeing that he looked like he was expecting her to say something. Realizing something, she pulled out a small pad of paper and a pen from her back pocket, and writing "NAME?" in nice bold lettering, before showing it to the man.

7. Characters in this post:
    He looked at the paper which asked his name and smiled at her. "The name is Jamie. Jamie Kolmia. This is my warehouse and I am the caretaker of this. I am 18 and it is nice to meet you Candence." He said it with a happy grin before giving the motion we're moving on as we headed towards her room. It would be right next to his.

"Welcome to your room. Get right at home. This room is of my own design and features something any women would want. Maybe not enough but a good amount to please her." Jame would quickly get out of the room and close the door behind her to see that she gets adjusted before meeting with her again.

8. Characters in this post:
    Jame had left her inside her room and went to the open field to practice his powers as he wanted to see all the objects or vehicles he could turn into. He wanted to try and get the most destructive thing he could think of to exist before he went and caused some chaos in the big city.

So he would sit down and become a pitch black Mack tractor and stay still to see if he could adjust under a disguise. I guess he felt like an older version of Optimus Prime. He could do this when he was wanted and possibly become any vehicle he felt would be needed for an escape. After all...what could go wrong?

9. Characters in this post:
    Jade stumbled over a root and sniffled. She was tired, dirty, and hungry. It wasn't like she didn't have the money for somewhere to eat or sleep but her parents were looking for her, even now. Anywhere she could go she might be recognized and she didn't want that. She didn't want to go home to her parents even if they seemed like they loved and adored her. She knew what they really thought of her. They thought she was a freak, just like all of the other failed test subjects for the antibiotic they used on her. They said they didn't but who would expect her to feel any different when her mother immediately called the medicine off the market after finding her daughter invisible.
    Jade sobbed softly and wiped her eyes with her now almost completely transparent hand. For a moment she wished her power could make her dissappear completely instead of just invisible until she saw him. A blonde boy sitting in an open field past the trees. Or so she had thought, for now there was a tractor instead. Sniffiling softly Jade came in a little closer and peeked onto the field from behind a tree.

10. Characters in this post:
    "This is such an awesome feeling." Jamie had a feeling this would be a good cover if he ever got trapped in a cornfield with people all around as he could totally pull one of those "Wasn't there someone here two seconds ago?" moments where it confuses the hell out of the people and they simply shrug it off and move on searching for the individual.

He started his metaphorical engine. I say metaphorical as I don't really have a means of turning it on or off. It's basically always on but I can basically put it in a sleep mode of sorts and make it appear off. I guess...if that is off. Whatever. Jamie would drive around the field and get a feeling of the wind on solid metal before getting near the warehouse and transforming back to his normal human self.

"Next I might as well become a semi truck like Optimus Prime and have a trailer and everything." He said as he was thinking to himself, "And also use it to hijack cars..." He sort of shrugged the idea away as he wasn't a criminal...or was he? Was he a criminal? He ignored this thought before going back inside to fix a problem which he had yet to fix with the water pipe...

11. Characters in this post:
    Jade continued to peek behind the tree and watch the tractor drive around the field for awhile. The odd part was, however, that it seemed to be moving by itself. Wiping the tears from her eyes, she squinted for a better look. The tractor WAS moving by itself. A few years ago this would have surprised Jade, but after turning invisible there were somethings that weren't so surprising.
    Closing her eyes, Jade concentrated hard on becoming invisible. She wanted a closer look at the tractor but didn't want to be seen if the boy came back. That was how she had gotten here without being seen so far. She opened an eye and peeked at her arm. To her relief she couldn't see it. Since she had very little control over her powers sometimes she tended to not go completely invisible when she wanted to. After taking a deep breath Jade slowly went more into the open field and watch the tractor some more until it suddenly turned into a blonde boy.
    Jade gasped then quickly clamped her hands to her mouth. She hadn't been imagining things when she saw the boy.
    'Maybe he's the guy,' She started to think to herself as she hurridly followed him. However in her hurry she stumbled and let out a small squeak of surprise.

12. Characters in this post:
    He was planning on fixing the water pipe before hearing a squeak come from somewhere so he looked to the direction as to where it was. He looked a little more before advancing towards the sound and hoping to bump into whatever made that noise. He wasn't much for detecting a menace though if he did he surely would try his hardest to beat it to a pulp....

"Hello? Anyone there?" He said curiously and cautiously as he advanced the way he heard the sound from as he had yet to see it within his sights.

13. Characters in this post:
    Jade gasped and started to step back. "H-hello," She answered softly. Even though she answered she continued to step back. She didn't want to be seen or have her location be found until she knew it was going to be safe for her. "P-Please don't come any closer!" She called.
    Now that she had a better view of the young man she saw that his face had a kind look to it. Suddenly she stumbled back and fell on her butt. "Ow..." She said softly. The surprise of the fall had made made her semi-visible now, but she had yet to notice.

14. Characters in this post:
    He looked down on the ground to see someone, what looked like a girl, on the ground. She had fallen and he could faintly see her. Invisibility is a new one. Thought it was a not possible except only with green screen nowadays. Something surely had to screw up her genetics somewhere. So he went over to her and kneeled down in front of her.

"Are you ok?" He said sympathetically as she had stumbled into the right place as she was looking at the man who would help her be in the clear safety and hopefully get her started on learning to tame her abilities. It after all was something that needed to be done to some if not all of those whom stumble upon here.

15. Characters in this post:
    Jade looked up at the young man tearfully. "Y-you see me?" She asked timidly before looking down at herself, "Oh no!" She started to tear up again and wiped her eyes. She kept her head down and sniffled. The last thing she wanted was for him to see her face and turn her in. There wasn't anyone who wasn't talking about some doctors daughter going missing. She was a valuble piece of data after all. Even if her parents didn't care to find her, her mothers company surely did.
    At this thought Jade sobbed softly. "I-I'm fine. I'm just fine," She lied wiping at her eyes furiously.

16. Characters in this post:
    "Do you know what fine means? It means freaked out, insecure, neurotic, and emotional." He said with an intent to open her mind to words which do not mean those things. She had to get rid of those traits or at least hide em from him. He could pick out a problem in a person and get them to fix it as he had a very intelligent brain and a keen eyesight for understanding emotions.

Jamie looked at her before grabbing her hand and lifting her up off the ground so that she wouldn't be collecting ants or dirt on her butt. That'd actually be kind of amusing. That'd i'd never lie about but hey...she can't hear my thoughts.

"Welcome to the Clandestine Array." Jamie stated smiling a grin of acceptance before letting go of her hand and continuing inside before stopping for a moment to look at her and turn his head to her. "Looking for a place to stay? Follow me."

17. Characters in this post:
    A sob caught in Jade's throat as she looked up at the young man again. This time her eyes were filled with surprise and slight intrigue. She hadn't expected him to say something like that and for a moment it made her think that her crying was silly. But, before she had anymore time to think about it the young man had already grabbed her hand and helped her up.
    A soft blush spread across her face and she nodded. "Th-thank you," She said softly. She smiled back shyly. "S-so you're the one...?" She asked as she folloed him. Jade could hardly believe he was the on the rumors were about. For some reason she had expected him to be... older.

18. Characters in this post:
    "Yes. I am the one. Too young for running a warehouse? I made this place the way it was meant to be and I made sure it would perfect for any future arrivals and a great training ground." He would talk very excitingly about the warehouse as if it was the house he had grown up in. He actually had forgotten about the place he had grown up in and blocked it from his memory as he did not want to remember it. It was too painful.

Jamie would walk the girl into the living room which she would get a nice peek at what entertainment options she would have before entering the hallway. He would stop here and let her get a quick look at everything before moving on.

19. Characters in this post:
    Jade listened to him talk with the utmost attention. She couldn't remember ever hearing anyone talk so excitedly about a warehouse before. "Amazing," She said softly to herself. It was hard to believe someone so young had accomplished and planned all this.
    As they passed through the living room she took a quick look at what he had there. 'Where does he get this stuff?'She thought with a soft gasp. Absorbed in her thoughts and wonder she didn't notice him stop and bumped into him. "I-I'm sorry!" She squeaked. Jade immediately stepped back and lowered her head, "I-I'm a little clumsy."

20. Characters in this post:
    He would turn around and look at her before letting out a sigh. "It is not a problem if you're clumsy. It it something which we all are at first. You're clumsy before you make your first baby step. It is fine." He said it with a heartwarming smile before turning back around and going into the hallway which was vast and held over 50 rooms. This warehouse was huge and literally could hold all trinkets of life yet still be untapped.

He would stop at the third door on the right side next to Jamies room and he would stop where he was. "This is the end of the line for me. You can go inside and see your room." He said it with a little discomfort as he didn't like to tread onto other peoples spaces even if it just became hers and he had technically owned it prior to.

21. Characters in this post:
    Jade could feel her eyes tear up momentarily when she heard him sigh. She thought he was annoyed with her but the thought didn't last long once she heard his words. She then looked up to see his smile. "Y-you're right, I suppose," She answered blushing softly again. Smiling softly she continued to follow him. The hallway he lead her to was large. Far larger then she would have imagined.
    When they stopped at her room she smiled again. "Th-thank you so much... Um..." She paused and shifted uncomfortably, "I don't even know your n-name. You don't know mine either."

22. Characters in this post:
    Cadence could hear voices a little further down the hall, so she headed in that direction. It was a little difficult not running into things - such as walls - when she couldn't really see over the bundle of fabric in her arms. When she got close enough that she knew she was in sight of Jamie and whoever the other voice belonged to, she dumped the cheets and comforter on the ground, making sure to amplify the quiet thump so that it was loud enough to at least me noticable. Crossing her arms, she waited to be looked at. She couldn't very well say anything to them.

[Sorry for being gone so long. Stuff got busy. Might not be on much tomorrow, either, but I'll try.]

23. Characters in this post:
    Jamie would look back at the shy girl who just asked his name. "The name is Jamie. If you want to know my last name then i'll tell you that as well." He wasn't much sure about things just yet as he hasn't exactly had more than himself in here at one time so he wasn't sure how things turn out. Then he heard a thump...and he diverted his eyes to the direction of it to see that Cadence was over there, crossing her arms, staring at both of em. What was that all about? She could have very well just came over.

24. Characters in this post:
    Jade smiled at Jamie. "I-it's fine," She answered softly about being told his last name, "I'm Jade. Jade Lawerence." Suddenly she heard a thump and turned to the direction it came from. There she saw a young short haired girl staring at them with her arms crossed. "H-hello," She said shyly. From where she was the girl looked a bit upset, but of course that could have just been her imagination.

25. Characters in this post:
    Cadence uncrossed her arms, pleased that she had gotten their attention. She smiled brightly at the smaller girl and waved a bit in greeting. She turned back to Jamie and pointed to the bundle of pink on the ground. She kicked it while making a gagging motion. She then put her hands on her hips and raised her eyebrow in question. If he didn't get her meaning from that, she'd have to run back to her room to grab her notebook so she could write it down, and she really didn't feel like doing that at the moment.

26. Characters in this post:
    He stared at her and saw her kick the the pink thing on the ground. Now I have to play detective to get an answer? Luckily, she doesn't make it too hard to understand as it is basic human emotions after all. "You don't like that color?" He continued his stare at Cadence before he went over to grab the pink bundle and take it into his hands to stare at.

"Well, Jade, this is Cadence. She was the first one to stumble upon here. Even if she can't exactly speak. She can basically amplify sound...or mess with it. So i'd hate to be at a concert she likes as she'd amplify the amps to be x100 louder than normal. You'd be deaf before you even knew it." He said it kind of thinking as to how that'd play out if it actually happened. That'd be a weird concert.

27. Characters in this post:
    Jade smiled and sighed in relief. The girl wasn't mad at least not at her. She seemed to be mad at... the bed sheets? Jade tilted her head in confusion. 'Is she mute...?' She found herself wondering. Then Jamie answered the questions for her. Both the question of what she was saying and why she wasn't speaking.
    "Oh! Nice to meet you Candence!" She said brightly. It was a bit of a relief to know that there was another girl here but at the same time she felt a little inferior. After all Jamie could turn into vehicles and who knew what else and Candence could manipulate sound while all Jade could do is turn invisible.

28. Characters in this post:
    Cadence shook her head, making a disgusted face when Jamie asked if she didn't like the colour. She turned to the new girl, Jade, and smiled brightly. Clapping her hands, she used the louder sound to make an image of a jade necklace apear in the air between them briefly. She pointed at it, then the girl, nodding a bit. She then held out her hand, hoping to make the girl a bit less nervous, as she seemed to be.

29. Characters in this post:
    "I'll um...leave you ladies to talk as I got some errands to do as Jade disturbed me before I could fix a water pipe which has been causing problems...unless someone is willing to join me to help out. I could always use a spare hand." Jamie didn't really say it with much enthusiasm as he kind of wanted some time alone but probably would get it as things started to slow down.

He started walking away long before either could respond but they were welcome to follow as he would surely get that problem fixed long before it became a major issue than it had to be. He didn't want to evacuate this place if it was flooding. Flooded was a thing he didn't want this place to be.

30. Characters in this post:
    Jade smiled in amazement as Candence made the necklace form out of sound waves. "Wow, that's so cool Candence!" For a second it made her feel like a child seeing balloon animals for the first time. She was so amazed that for a second she forgot her shyness and gave Candence her hand.
    She blushed slightly at Jamie's word however and turned to him slightly. "I-I'm really sorry I didn't mean to!" She said but he had already started walking away. Jade bit her lip slightly and looked down. It had made her feel a little bad and on top of that he really seemed to prefer not having any company.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 67