Login to your account

School of Survival

Well, there -was- a tower. Until there was an accident involving a fireball and the fuel room. Now... Not so much of a tower. More like a pile of smoldering embers. Which, of course, means that the student mages have to figure out what to do now. Great.......

Tags: fantasy, fire, magic, students, survival, winter

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Shadow Lady

Created: 06-16-2011, 03:41 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 105

1. Characters in this post:
    Haku appears from under the burning rubble and yawns while scratching his head "Geez... Who destroyed the school this time?" Walking out from what's left of the school with his clothes torn and covered in ashes, approaching the group and fanning his hand. "Hehe, sorry I kinda fell asleep during the lesson. What did I miss?"

2. Characters in this post:
    In response to the fairy, Ganokgu whispered, 'Is he not cooperating? Want me to... knock him out or something? Maybe... try to hold him down?' As he waited for a response, he noticed another person joining the group.

3. Characters in this post:
    "He's just being a silly. Oh, hi hi, Haku! I think it must've been that new firemage, the one who arrived last month." She glanced at the school, surveying the damage from the outside. "Hm-hm. I don't think we're gonna be able to rebuild this time, it's nearly totally destroyed and the fires still going!" True enough, flames were still clearly visible from the school. Te upper levels, near the fuel room, had completely collapsed.

4. Characters in this post:
    "Is anyone still inside?" Ganokgu said in a worried tone. "Should we look for anyone else? If we go in I can't bring my rod in due to the fires." After hearing what the fairy said he continued speaking. "I agree, this fire is intense. Well, it happens every once and a while. Sometimes you just can't help it."

5. Characters in this post:
    Looking at the school "Well, since I can't use healing magic, I'll just see what I can do about the fire while you guys take care of the people, take luck!" Haku runs into the burning school to find the fuel room. Walking through the hallways with burning walls and doors.

6. Characters in this post:
    In the hallways, many people lay dead, or dying. Fire clung to their clothing and his, greedily reaching for fuel. The further in he went, the hotter it got. Several floors below the fuel room, the blaze covered the entire hallway and was moving to eat at the rest. One could only imagine what it was like further in.

"I haven't seen any of the teachers, I think they were all on the upper floors in a meeting.." Lindel commented in worry. "But I don't think we can get back in, not safely." As if to prove her point, a beam collapsed near the entrance.

7. Characters in this post:
    "Well, if anyone can, it's probably Haku - he's not as delicate as most of us, right?" Eylee replied. "But yeah - he shouldn't be going in there, and I don't think it'd be safe for anyone to go after him."

"Besides," she added, "it's kind of overkill, anyway, isn't it? I mean, it's not like we need to go in there to scout. I'll take a look." She pulled a small circular mirror from her pocket and, muttering a few arcane words, gazed into it for a long moment. Her eyes, and the surface of the mirror, glowed faintly as she looked. Finally, she looked up, the glow fading - and looking a little pale herself. "I don't think there's anyone in there who isn't either dead or getting there really quick. Certainly not on the upper levels - seven and a half hells, there's a lot less 'upper levels' than there were this morning."

8. Characters in this post:
    "Eep. Did you happen to see an elderly elven man, or a fairy who looked like an older me, with brownish wings?" she asked, curious. If the girl had, she'd feel obligated to go in and help them. She already had a healing spell prepared, just in case.

9. Characters in this post:
    Walls and pillars fall in front of Haku one after another. "Okay, since these are fallen and burning, I'm just going to get rid of em..." His palm glows blue with a flame and shoots out fire pulses which destroyed obstacles in his way. "Man, I hope I don't have to pay for the damage I caused..."
    Heads up the stairs and located the teachers lounge and blasts the door into bits "Hello? Is anyo-" The teachers ran out of the room and tramples over Haku, heading down the path which he had cleared earlier.

10. Characters in this post:
    Isaak had glanced over at the fairy, when she offered to heal him. He hesitated for a few moments, thinking about it. After all, he didn't want to be a bother to anyone, and she looked a little pale as well, though he took note that it didn't seem to dampen her spirits, and so he finally replied when he had the chance.

"I'm fine. I can wait for my fix." he stated, giving Lindel a smile, before adding, "You should just go ahead and fix the blood loss victim no matter what he says. I think he needs it way more than he will allow himself to admit." as he finished speaking, he glanced over at Justyce with a playful gleam in his eyes. However, he was completely serious, meaning what he said. He could wait, blood loss was more important than a few minor burns.

11. Characters in this post:
    "I don't think so," Eylee said. "I'm sorry. It's a complete mess in there. Most of the upper floors aren't even really recognizable as, like, anything that was intentionally built, anymore."

She glanced down again at the mirror, clutched in her hand so tight that her knuckles were going white. "I could take another look, but I don't know I'd be able to see anything more."

12. Characters in this post:
    Wandering in the sea of flames looking for the fuel room and finds a metal bolted door. He places his hands on the bolts and suddenly sparks envelope his body. An explosion shoots him into the wall, breaking it and the ceiling collapses on top of him. Laying there motionless.

13. Characters in this post:
    Ganokgu noticed the person that most recently got here rushed away back into the school soon after what he said. He started to chase after him then realized that he didn't have any power to stop fire or anything, just a rod. "Dang... I wish I could go see if the teachers were alright..." Then Ganokgu realized something and shouted,"Wait, I have an idea! Where is the nearest water source?"

14. Characters in this post:
    Lindel gestured to the snow. "This. Hold still, March." she ordered, converting the spell carefully into one to replenish blood loss, and pressed it into his arm. As it worked, she wobbled a bit. "Oops.... Wee, falling down now." With that, she passed out and hit the snow.

15. Characters in this post:
    Ganokgu turned to the snow, 'Oh yea...' He thought to himself. Taking the rod in his hand, he formed it into a decently sized pot. He kneeled down while scooping up the snow. After the snow was in side, he slid his hands over the top to seal the pot closed so no water would get out. "Now, once I go inside, the heat should melt the snow into water, fairly fast." He said, as he turned around only to find the fairy in the snow. Quickly, he locked the, now spherical shape, onto the harness and rushed over to pick her up out of the snow carefully, trying not to damage her wings. He wasn't sure how delicate they were. He looked at her seemingly frail body and scanned the area for any place to put her.

"Quick, where should I put her?" Ganokgu questioned.

16. Characters in this post:
    Justyce instantly drew away when the fairy began using her healing ability. He shivered. Was he afraid of something. The instant it was finished he ran over to Isaak and clung onto the other. Poor Justyce was hard to understand, especially since he rarely spoke about his feelings to others. Actually...he just rarely talked. He was shaking as he clung to Isaak with a suprisingly strong grip for someone who has lost as much blood as he had.

17. Characters in this post:
    We're she awake, Lindel would be teasing him about his reaction to her magic, but she had kinda passed out. She pulled herself into a ball while asleep, and one wing was in the process of moving to cover her.

18. Characters in this post:
    Isaak glanced over at Ganokgu when the other asked where to put the little fairy. "I'll take her-" he just managed to state, before letting out a ummmph as Justyce suddenly clung to him. He blinked at his friend, taken off guard. But then he smiled, and gently tapped Justyce's head. "My, Justyce you have quite the grip. I guess she did a great job in replenishing the blood you lost, you're as strong as an ox now." he then said, his voice somewhat playful.

19. Characters in this post:
    Ganokgu carefully place the fairy into March's hand. "March? is your name?" Soon after, Justyce clenched onto March. "Uh, What's up with you?" Ganokgu said, baffled by the blood mage's actions. His eyes returned back to the fairy and wondered if she was going to wake up soon. "Wait, How long has that guy that ran back into the building been gone? I'm going to go check on him."

Ganokgu took one last look at the fairy and the blood mage. He turned to the building on fire and bravely, but carefully ran in. "I assume that guy tried to go see if the teachers were alright and I heard they were supposed to be up stairs." Ganokgu said to himself as he ran through the weakening building.

The snow in the wooden case on his back was starting to slush around. Due to the the blazing heat from all around him, sweat started to pour form his skin.

Before Ganokgu knew, he was already upstairs. He knew he didn't have much time because pillars and pieces of ceiling were constantly falling. A few of them he had to dodge. He soon encountered a obstacle. It seems like part of the ceiling caved in. He started to climb over it when he noticed a human hand poking out form underneath the rubble. Pieces of the rubble were on fire.

Ganokgu shouted, "Can you hear me? Respond if you can!", as he shaped the sphere to have a nozzle. He quickly poured it over the fire and rubble to try to stiffle the fire. When he was out of water Ganokgu started shifting rubble around until he was able to safely drag him out and carry him.

A loud crash happened right next to him, another part of the ceiling collapsed. One piece landed at a weird angle and sliced Ganokgu's arm. He dodged the rest of it. Looking behind him he thought, 'The teachers.... they should be fine. They are the ones that thought us. The condition this guy is one just makes him dead weight, but I just can't leave him here.'

Ganokgu decided to leave the building to save Haku. "I'll get us out of here."

20. Characters in this post:
    Justyce buried his face into Isaak's chest and nodded slightly. His shivering eventually died down and he seemed to relax against Isaak. The other had been his only true friend for as long as he could remember. However, Justyce wouldn't have it any other way.

21. Characters in this post:
    Haku's finger twitches and static electricity runs through his whole body, immobilizing his movement "I'll be fine... Just head on out and I'll take care of the fuel source..." He attempts to stand, staggering from the electric shocking.

Casting his Infra Armor, demonic aura flows around him and swallows his body, leaving back a knight-like figure with black armor which resembled a demon fox. He opens a void and throws Ganokgu into it, landing him safely onto the snow with the rest of the people, closing it as he landed.

Standing in front of the bolted door, which protected the fuel room. A magic circle appears around Haku, and ice spikes erupt from the ground around him as he collects ice particles into a spear. He throws the ice spear into the bolted door, causing the door to shatter from the cold, freezing with the fuel room behind it and anything else within the 200 yard radius (the whole school) became covered in ice crystals.

22. Characters in this post:
    Isaak smiled at Ganokgu when the other placed the fairy in his hand. The Neko studied her for a moment, hoping that she was perfectly ok. She did seem to be, but he wished he had a way to completely be sure. However, his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Ganokgu's voice, and the glanced up at the other, as he asked if Isaak's name was March. Isaak blinked. March? He couldn't say that he had March in his name at all. However, Ganokgu had run off before Isaak could correct the other mage. Oh, well then....

Isaak then felt Justyce's head press into his chest, and then gave his friend a small smile. Isaak, honestly felt somewhat like a mother hen. After all, he had a sleeping fairy in his uninjured hand, and his long-time friend pressed against him. He chuckled softly to himself as he thought about this. He wondered what the others thought, but then decided that it didn't really matter all that much, anyway.

It wasn't long, though, until he felt Justyce begin to relax, his friend's shaking beginning to disappear. The Neko smiled, and then gently bringing his free hand up, he gently poked Justyce's cheek. "Come on, Justy. It's time for a smile." he then said, a playful tone still evident in his voice.

23. Characters in this post:
    Emily opened her eyes slowly, and found herself lying in the snow. She'd been knocked unconcious in the tower's explosion, and apparently been thrown several feet away from the rubble. She groaned and sat up slowly, blinking her eyes a few times in a daze. Her head was pounding, but she felt alright. Glancing over herself quickly she was glad to see no sign of blood, or any burns. But she was cold, and wet...
    Suddenly her eyes went wide, and she began looking around frantically.
    "Naomi?" She called, though her voice was quiet and whispy. Apparently being knocked unconcious in a fire was bad for her throat. Actually, she thought to herself, it was probably the smoke that messed with my throat... After a moment, there was movement in the snow to her left, and a small grey cat poked its head up. The kitten was buried in the snow, but seemed otherwise fine. Staying in the sitting position she'd pulled herself into, Emily leant over and pulled the cat out of the snow. Naomi wriggled a bit, then made herself comfortable in Emily's lap, licking the girl's arm comfortingly.
    Still slightly dazed, Emily looked around again. She saw people stumbling away from the ruins of the tower, and she saw people who she didn't think would be moving ever again. It saddened her to know that people she knew were dead. But she didn't linger on the thought.
    Spying a group of people not too far away, Emily thought it best that the survivers should regroup, and figure out what to do. There weren't any towns for miles, and they were in the dead of winter. They'd need to act fast if they wanted to survive any longer. She set Naomi on the ground next to her, and moved to stand, but a sharp pain in her leg stopped her. She gasped, and the shock of the pain made her fall back to the ground. She lay on her back, eyes clenched in pain. So much for no injuries. After a moment, she pulled herself back into a sitting position and looked at her leg. Initially, she'd missed the tear in her leggings, and the stain of the blood on the dark material looked no different than the marks of melted snow. She pulled the torn edges of her legging back, and blanched at what she saw. There was a deep gash in her leg, about four inches long and jagged. She bit her lip, and sighed. She was used to injuries, she had accidents all the time when practicing her spells. But she'd never had anything quite so bad, or painful. She braced herself, and forced herself to her feet, putting most of her weight on her left leg, the good one. She tried to take a step forward, but stumbled and fell back into the snow, bracing her fall but still landing hard. Lying on her stomach, Emily was already breathing hard.
    Naomi bounded up to the girl, licking her face. The cat knew something was wrong, but didn't know what. However, she knew that she could get help.
    Naomi ran through the snow, each step a challenge, considering the snow was almost as deep as she was big. Anyone looking on would probably see a smudge of gray among a scattering of snow with each step she took. Eventually, she got to a small group of survivors, and was happy to see that one of them was a neko. She liked nekos, they were like her.
    Naomi made her way to the boy, and put a paw on his leg, trying to get his attention, before moving back a few steps the way she had come, meowing quietly. The cat hoped someone would get her meaning, and realise that Emily needed help.
    Meanwhile, Emily had pulled herself back into a sitting position, and was trying to clean her leg up with some snow. She had almost no knowledge of healing spells, but she did know that, if worse came to worst, she could cauterize the wound with a fire spell...
    But she really didn't want to do that.

24. Characters in this post:
    After being thrown though what seemed to be a portal. He was facing the group again. "Uh, that Haku guy just tossed me back over here though a portal..." He turned around form where he was tossed. He couldn't even find a hint of where the portal was. He noticed something interesting though. The once, on fire and crumbling school, was now covered in ice. "Wow, did Haku do that?" Ganokgu said as he motioned people to look.

25. Characters in this post:
    Isaak suddenly felt something small touch his leg, and he looked down to see a little cat. He blinked at her, watching as she then meowed to the rest of the group. His ears twitched slightly. He was fairly sensitive to cats naturally due to what he was,and he felt he he sort of understand what the little cat was saying.

Isaak gently pulled away from Justyce, gently patting the other's head, and holding his hand that held the sleeping fairy out to his friend. "Would you mind taking care of her for a moment or two?" he then asked his friend. "I believe that little cat may be looking for some help with something." he added, as a simple explanation.

26. Characters in this post:
    Eylee glanced at Ganokgu and then back over her shoulder at the tower, which was now glittering with ice. "I guess so," she said. "Kind of an improvement, I guess. I hope he's not overexerting himself, though. I mean, I understand he tends to run on a higher level of power than some of us, but... Well, not to be a wet blanket..."

She looked around at the group and sighed. "We're not exactly in the best shape, are we?"

27. Characters in this post:
    In response to Eylee, Ganoku replied back, "Well, When I found him he was under some rubble. I had to dig him out. I also got cut from some falling pieces of ceiling that I narrowly dodged." After remembering the cut, he positioned his arm to see the cut. It was a little deeper than he thought, it was still bleeding and it stung a little bit. "I got cut pretty good, didn't I?" Ganokgu joked.

"Hey, what's you name?" Ganokgu said looking at Eylee. He pointed to Isaak, "Where is he going?", Ganokgu questioned.

28. Characters in this post:
    Naomi bounced about in the snow excitedly for a moment, before moving a few more feet towards Emily. The cat understood when help was needed, but she always had a hard time not being ridiculously energetic. It wouldn't be hard for someone to see the path Naomi had made from Emily, and to see Emily sitting in the snow. She wasn't far off from the small group of survivors, but she didn't seem to be paying much attention to them.
    Emily sighed in frustration. She hated when situations came around where she would have to ask someone else to help her. She knew that everyone would be in pretty rough shape after that explosion, and at that moment she kind of regretted not looking into healing magics. She poked at the gash on her leg, wincing a little. She had a feeling it may have just barely reached the muscle in her leg, which was probably the only reason she'd had such trouble standing up. She frowned to herself, trying to come up with a few options as to what she could do.

29. Characters in this post:
    Zorvan watches all that has happened, saying nothing. He continues to hum. His left foot spontaneously combusts, but he doesn't notice.

30. Characters in this post:
    A big explosion in the school sends Haku flying out of the school, landing head first and tumbling in the snow next to Emily. His armor's right arm no longer there, showing his arm with ice from his hand to his forearm. "That might not have been the greatest idea..." Smiling with sweat drops on the side of his face.

He looks up and surprised to see Emily and asks "Why are you all alone? You should gather with all the other students." He tries to sit up, flinching with electricity still surging throughout his body.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 105