Login to your account

A tale of a Mystic Castle - Closed

You have come to a mysterious castle in your search for adventure. Will you uncover the secrets of castle d'Tamun?......

Tags: adventure, fantasy, modern, mystery

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Closed

Creator: Brook V

Created: 08-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 85

1. Characters in this post:
    Mrs Silver looked at the coins. In her line of work she had become a bit of an expert on different currency and she always kept up on the current exchange rate. This currency however wasn't she much familiar with, mostly because not much people used it around these parts. But she had to her help a machine that could proper calculate even rare currencies. Luckily for Ruana, Clarissa had looked through the spreadsheets and the exchange rate was fresh in her mind. "If you'd like to stay we currently have 5 one-bed rooms in economy class 5 for only 2 bronze pieces per night. Breakfast is included but not lunch and dinner, that you have to pay for separately. But we got very generous prizes in the Dinner for residences," Mrs Silver said in a kind tone. She swifted through some papers in the file before she continued. "We got a few job openings, one as assistant gardener. However when it comes to magical talents... I can't help you as I'm not set into occult or supernatural things. The manager can be find in his office. I think he's busy however, so you might have to wait a bit."

2. Characters in this post:
    Ruana perked up; two bronze was not bad, her money could probably hold out until she was comfortably placed with a job. ‘And then to find time for exploring. I wonder what facilities this place might have.’ She withdrew enough money for her first three nights in an economy room and stuffed the purse away.

“Thank you, Mrs. Silver. Should I leave this money with you, or take it to the manager? And does this place have a library, by chance?” Ruana asked hopefully. A place like this might have some rare old books, with some information that could be helpful to her.

3. Characters in this post:
    "I handle the fees. Follow me to my office so you can get your key," Mrs Silver replied and and waved towards a door on the left side of the room. "There's a library on the third floor. You have to go up the stairs behind me and follow the grand hall. On the right side a valve will show up. Go through that and you'll find the stairs. Go up to the third floor and follow the signs," Mrs Silver then added. She then started to walk towards her office.

4. Characters in this post:
    She followed Mrs. Silver, mentally repeating the directions in her head: stairs, grand hall, valve, stairs. ‘Library!’ The prospect was exciting, it wasn’t often she had the chance to poke to do some reading about a location before she went poking around it, blindly searching for something that could bring an end to her quest. For now Ruana waited patiently to receive her key.

A key to her own room, that was something she hadn’t seen in while either. The last time that she could pay for a cramped room in a dingy inn, the innkeep didn’t bother to hand her a key. Luckily a simple arcane lock kept out thieves, but for all that she might as well have slept in her tent with a ward around it. Mrs. Silver was a much friendlier face compared to the merchant in the last town.

Tentatively she let down the hood of her cloak and smoothed back her dark hair. Leafy vines coiled through it, glad to get some fresh air, and she hoped her appearance wasn't too off-putting to the castle clerk. “I'm very grateful for the help, ma’am.”

5. Characters in this post:
    Mrs Silver walked up to the door and opened it. On the other side there was a corridor which lead deeper into the building. Mrs Silver walked down this coridor a few steps before she opened a door with a glass window with Reception written on it. She opened this door too and walked in.

[[Continued in Reception ]]

6. Characters in this post:
    [[Continued from The Lobby ]]

Mrs Clarissa Silver walked across the floor and sat down behind the desk. She smiled up on Ruana and invited her to sit down. Then she started to tap on the computer. She noticed that the woman pulled back her hood. Clarissa recognized her as an elven. In her time as clerk here she had encountered several strange beings. However she had never seen anyone with vines in their hair. It peeked her curiosity a little bit.
    "Excuse me if I'm being rude, but I noticed you have vines in your hair. I haven't seen anyone of your race before. Do your kind got a name?" she asked as she begun the transfer on her computer. She then extended her hand for the payment.

7. Characters in this post:
    “I am a forest elf. Neighboring humans call us sylvinas, or mistake us for tree spirits entirely,” Ruana said with a small smile. She dropped her 6 bronze coins into the woman’s palm. Curiously she looked at the device Mrs. Silver used. She’d become familiar with machinery since leaving the woods, but never handled something so advanced. To be honest, technology wasn’t her strong point.

8. Characters in this post:
    "Ah I see. Thanks for answering," Mrs Silver replied with a smile. Clarissa enjoyed being in a forest, finding swamp and berries or just walking. Sadly the island, which was rather rocky, didn't have much of a forest. But the view from the cliffs over the sea was rather breathtaking. She snapped back into reality as she continued with the transfer. Clarissa then noticed that the girl looked at the computer and she realized she probably hadn't seen on before. She finished the transfer and took out a key which she handed over to Ruana. She then pointed at the computer. "That's called a computer. It's a machine in which you can store documents and seek information on, among other things. The key goes to room 212. The 2 is the floor and 12 is the room number. However it'll stand 212 on the door. You go up the stairs on the second floor and takes the door on the left," Mrs Silver explained.

9. Characters in this post:
    The room is small. There's nothing here but a single bed, a radiator, a drawer and a small window.

((If you want this location locked for other players, speak with the GM))

10. Characters in this post:
    Information seeking was something that appealed to her, but Ruana decided to try it the old fashioned way first. Taking a piece of twine from her pouch, she threaded it through a loop on the key, tied it off and slipped it over her head so she wouldn’t misplace it. With a polite curtsy to Mrs. Silver she picked up her traveling bag and stepped out of her office.

11. Characters in this post:
    Ruana jogged up the stairs and wandered around the second floor. She passed by a door with an official look, much like the reception room. ‘Is this the manager?’ She heard some muffled voices inside and decided it would be best to come back later.

12. Characters in this post:
    Demogorgon took the form and filled it out with his alias name and information of his last victim. Then he passed it back to the old bag.'The better things I could be doing right now,' he thought with contempt.

"Here you go im sure everything is satisfactory can I start now?"

13. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner noticed that the other man was getting inpatient. His lips turned into a thin line. The man was either unfamiliar with how to get a job or he had a problem with authority, either way it was a clear minus in Mr. Turner’s mind. The man better proved himself useful or he wouldn’t get the job. That was that. He took the form and read through it briefly. He would do a deeper analysis at another time.
    “Just a few questions; Do you have any earlier experience with security measures? Can you take in a situation and solve it in the best way possible, without excessive violence? How’re you around people? Please answer truthfully. If I think you are the right man for the job then I’ll hire you for a novitiate. If you do a good work we can look into a permanent employment,” Mr. Turner asked.

14. Characters in this post:
    He thought for a moment before answering, it seems that the man was getting annoyed with him mutual feelinghe thought. But he should try to get on friendly terms to get the job. He smiled.

"Yes now that you mention it I do. I was contracted to provide security for several Russian army bases in Chechnya during the second war. I have my fair share of security experience. Yes to your second question, I use the safest method to solve problems, I do not allow anger or any other emotions interfere with my Job. As for your last one yes I am personable, as much as the job requires. He finshed and waited for the mans response

15. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner gave Mr. Grey a stern look and chewed on his lips. The man certainly had the competence but something didn't feel right. He shifted the papers in his hand before returning his gaze to the man on the other side.
    "Sounds good. OK, I'll hire you, for the time being. If you do a good job you have a good chance to being hired permanently," Mr. Turner said and shook Mr. Grey's hand before he got up from the chair. From a drawer behind him he took out a contract and a a few keys. He then sat down again.
    "Read through and sign this contract," he told Mr. Grey as he placed a paper down. Then he pushed the master key and some other keys forward. "These keys will grant you access almost everywhere on the hotel. Please respect our residents however. When you're done here, go to the worker's quarters at the first floor where you'll get an uniform and ID-card. Have these items with you all the time," Mr. Turner concluded.

16. Characters in this post:
    A small woman with blond hair and pointy ears looked at Ruana from her desk. The look on her face was fairly neutral and didn't change when she identified the girl as a forest elf. "Can I help you?" she the asked.

17. Characters in this post:
    This is one of the rooms for those with lots of cash to spare. The room exist of four sub-rooms, bathroom, kitchen, living room and bed room. There's much gold and velvet in the room. The bedroom is large with a king-size bed with hanging drapes. There are two large closets and carpets from India covers the floors in all rooms besides the kitchen and bathroom. The bathroom is big too with a mirror decorated with jade. Chrome covers many of the facilities in the bathroom and kitchen. The bath tube is a bubble bath and the shower has massage abilities. There's also a carpet to avoid slipping. In the kitchen there's a full supplement of everything you need to cook. The table has only two chairs an is made of mahogany. There's even diamonds encased in some of the floor tiles! Under the table there's a carpet from India. There are two large widows on either side of the bed. In the living room there's a full HD TV and cozy couches and a table of mahogany. There's also a stereo in the room. What more can you ask?

((If you want this room locked speak with the GM))

18. Characters in this post:
    Ruana gave a slight jump; she had not seen the woman at the desk before. She noticed the woman’s ears and almost gasped, for it had been a while since she had seen another like her. “Oh, I am just looking for-” Ruana caught herself rattling off in her native tongue. The woman had addressed her in English and she did not want to be unnecessarily confusing. Plus, it wasn’t polite to assume that the woman spoke elvish, what with the migration to cities in recent years. “Sorry, I’m supposed to move in on this floor. And I wanted to speak with the manager but he was busy at the time so I figured I should unpack first.

19. Characters in this post:
    It had been a long time since Meia had heard anyone speaking in the old tongue. Although the other woman spoke in a dialect Meia couldn't place, she understood most of it. She sat up in her chair, from her lazier postion, and looked at the woman. She the cast a look at the voice machine and saw that the manager was still in a meeting. It wasn't booked but thankfully it had been a easy day.
    "Welcome. Which room have you been given? I can try to give your directions. My name is Meia Moondance and I'm the manager's secretary. What's yours?" Meia replied in elvish, in a high elven dialect.

20. The content of this post is hidden because you do not have a key for "Worker's quarters"!

21. Characters in this post:
    Crina smiled as she opened the door to her room that she just rented and glanced around, with a soft laugh she knew that it almost rivaled her apartment from back home. But then again her apartment back home was set up so she could relax in full dragon form too, so it was bigger and more jewels were in it. For a non-dragon ran place it was pretty as most humans would probably be impressed. But it was still very pretty and she did take her time looking around and exploring the room.

After getting the lay of it she left it to explore the grounds and spy a little on the people in the castle. Ok she wasn't really gonna spy but she wanted to learn a little more about the people. Thus eavesdropping and snooping were the best way if being polite and playing with their emotions didn't work that was.

22. Characters in this post:
    The pink hair girl, dressed in her short skirt and white button up shirt, hummed softly as her golden eyes looked around from a high spot on the castle. How she got up there would be a mystery to those who didn't sense her power or at the very least didn't sense that she wasn't human. But she stood up and first made sure nobody was around before she dropped down to the ground, purple wings slipping out to slow her fall and to guide her down to the ground but once she was only seven feet from the ground they disappeared. It was risky but she really didn't feel like going the long way of jumping from roof to roof until she got close enough to the ground.

As her feet touched the ground, slowed by her magic so she could land without any noise, she straighten herself and checked her clothes. Once she straightened out her skirt and shirt along with her short pink hair she headed towards were she saw a fountain. Humming softly as she did, she just hoped nobody would mistake her for a child or someone who worked in the castle. If they did then they better run faster than her or know how to fight since she wouldn't be able to stand it.

"Such a beautiful day." She commented to the shadow bodyguard that was always watching from the shadows. Even if it did seem like she talked to herself it didn't matter to her, after all humans and other creatures were below her. They were only there for her entertainment and to use a toys, at that thought she giggled softly and let her thoughts travel back to when she first got there. The male that was there was good looking, although a bit too rude for her liking. It would certainly be fun to play with him.

23. The content of this post is hidden because you do not have a key for "Worker's quarters"!

24. Characters in this post:
    My name is Ruana Eyther,” the elf-girl said, glad to be speaking her natural language. “I’m room 212, and I’d like to get at least a part-time job so I can stay a while.

It really is important that I find time to search this island. It’s why I came, after all.’ Pretty as it was, she had a duty to her home. Though her travels had taught her much about magic and it would be sad to see that come to an end.

25. Characters in this post:
    "It's a pleasure to met you Ruana Eyther," the high elf replied. She clicked on the computer as she wasn't sure where room 212 was. Her expression got a bit sour as she figured it out. Still she flashed Ruana a half-smile. Then the door to the manager's office opened and a tall, dark man walked out. Meia glanced at the man, her mouth a thin line and her eyes cold. She didn't like that man, although she had heard Clarissa liked him. She shook her head before returning her gaze to Ruana. "Room 212, you say? Go pass the manager's office. There'll be room there. If you go right on you should be able to find it. There'll be a number on the door. Just unlock the door," Meia explained. "It looks like the manager isn't busy anymore, He doesn't got anything else booked so you could speak with him if you wish," she then added.

26. Characters in this post:
    At the sight of the tall man, Ruana shuddered slightly. He was very imposing but also appeared to have business elsewhere so the elves were paid no mind. “Thank you much,” Ruana said, dropping into a awkward curtsy, having not put her bags down throughout the conversation. She passed by the manager’s door and let herself into room 212.

27. Characters in this post:
    Ruana smiled to herself at the sight of the modest room. To many, it would probably seem spartan but after many nights on the road, it might as well have been a duchess’s suite. She tossed her bag on the bed, set her walking stick in the corner and went about arranging her new space.

The drawer provided enough space for her clothes. Since the bed already had a blanket, she hung her tent-sheet on the wall near the window like a set of drapes. She transferred her spellbook, a thick hard-bound journal, to her smaller pouch. “Best go meet with the manager while he’s free. Then to explore.” She took out a second outfit and frowned at a bit of dirt on it. With a quick water-and-wind spell modified into a cleaning charm, she wiped the stains of travel off the pale green dress and put it on. Though the day was warm, she took her cloak with her, just in case.

28. Characters in this post:
    The elf-girl stood on the threshold of the office and knocked nervously to announce her presence. “Um, hi. I’m a new tenant here and, um, I’m looking for some part time work.” She had never had a job interview and wasn’t sure what to expect.

29. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner looked up from the papers on his desk and onto the woman. As she looked a bit like his secretary he assumed she was an elf too. He smiled at the woman and waved her in. "I'm the manager, Charles Turner. And you are...? What position would you be interested in?" he asked.

30. Characters in this post:
    Mrs. Silver had mentioned an assistant gardener position, and I am quite good with plants. I can also offer various magical services if need be.” She ticked off on her fingers some things that could be useful. “Weather charms, potion-making, I can do bit of scrying...” Granted, her scrying wasn't perfect. It had led her part of the way here, but could not distinguish what on the island she was supposed to be looking for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 85