Login to your account

A tale of a Mystic Castle - Closed

You have come to a mysterious castle in your search for adventure. Will you uncover the secrets of castle d'Tamun?......

Tags: adventure, fantasy, modern, mystery

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Closed

Creator: Brook V

Created: 08-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in Manager's office

Here's where the hotel manager does his paper work.

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

1. Characters in this post:
    Demogorgon walked into the room not sure what to expect.

2. Characters in this post:
    The hotel manager looked up from the file he had been working on and looked at Demogorgon with a raised eyebrow. He slowly put the file away and put his big glasses back. After that he pressed hi palms together and placed them down at the table.
    "Can I help you?" he then asked.

3. Characters in this post:
    Giving a smile Demogorgon replied,"Hello I am Mr.Grey and am here to receive a key card and uniform." The LAst word bothered him was he really going to hvae to have uniform? There were many hings he despised but crappy uniforms were at the top of the list."Well I'll just make so until I can find the damned powersource."

4. Characters in this post:
    The manager scowled a bit. He had received word from the odd man that lived here and Mrs Silver that a man was looking for a job as chef of security. Mr Turner, on the other hand, had not yet met this man and he liked to get to know his co-workers before hiring them.
    "Take a seat Mr. Gray, I got a few questions. You probably can't expect me to just hire someone just like that," he then said and looked at the tall man. He did look threatening which was one of his demands for the position. "Well, it started good," he thought.

5. Characters in this post:
    "Oh sure I'm sure you will find me much to your liking." Demogorgon took a seat and waited for the first question. 'Hades will be a kind fate for the man if he dislikes me.' He thought to himself waiting.

6. Characters in this post:
    The manager shifted through the papers on the desk before picking out an employment contract which he gave to Mr. Grey. "Alright Mr. Grey, fill out this form with your full name, age, gender, social security number, position you seek, medical information, grades etc. You can sit down by a the table outside of the office. Give me the form then and I'll ask some additional questions," Mr. Turner told Demogorgon.

7. Characters in this post:
    Demogorgon took the form and filled it out with his alias name and information of his last victim. Then he passed it back to the old bag.'The better things I could be doing right now,' he thought with contempt.

"Here you go im sure everything is satisfactory can I start now?"

8. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner noticed that the other man was getting inpatient. His lips turned into a thin line. The man was either unfamiliar with how to get a job or he had a problem with authority, either way it was a clear minus in Mr. Turner’s mind. The man better proved himself useful or he wouldn’t get the job. That was that. He took the form and read through it briefly. He would do a deeper analysis at another time.
    “Just a few questions; Do you have any earlier experience with security measures? Can you take in a situation and solve it in the best way possible, without excessive violence? How’re you around people? Please answer truthfully. If I think you are the right man for the job then I’ll hire you for a novitiate. If you do a good work we can look into a permanent employment,” Mr. Turner asked.

9. Characters in this post:
    He thought for a moment before answering, it seems that the man was getting annoyed with him mutual feelinghe thought. But he should try to get on friendly terms to get the job. He smiled.

"Yes now that you mention it I do. I was contracted to provide security for several Russian army bases in Chechnya during the second war. I have my fair share of security experience. Yes to your second question, I use the safest method to solve problems, I do not allow anger or any other emotions interfere with my Job. As for your last one yes I am personable, as much as the job requires. He finshed and waited for the mans response

10. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner gave Mr. Grey a stern look and chewed on his lips. The man certainly had the competence but something didn't feel right. He shifted the papers in his hand before returning his gaze to the man on the other side.
    "Sounds good. OK, I'll hire you, for the time being. If you do a good job you have a good chance to being hired permanently," Mr. Turner said and shook Mr. Grey's hand before he got up from the chair. From a drawer behind him he took out a contract and a a few keys. He then sat down again.
    "Read through and sign this contract," he told Mr. Grey as he placed a paper down. Then he pushed the master key and some other keys forward. "These keys will grant you access almost everywhere on the hotel. Please respect our residents however. When you're done here, go to the worker's quarters at the first floor where you'll get an uniform and ID-card. Have these items with you all the time," Mr. Turner concluded.

11. Characters in this post:
    The elf-girl stood on the threshold of the office and knocked nervously to announce her presence. “Um, hi. I’m a new tenant here and, um, I’m looking for some part time work.” She had never had a job interview and wasn’t sure what to expect.

12. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner looked up from the papers on his desk and onto the woman. As she looked a bit like his secretary he assumed she was an elf too. He smiled at the woman and waved her in. "I'm the manager, Charles Turner. And you are...? What position would you be interested in?" he asked.

13. Characters in this post:
    Mrs. Silver had mentioned an assistant gardener position, and I am quite good with plants. I can also offer various magical services if need be.” She ticked off on her fingers some things that could be useful. “Weather charms, potion-making, I can do bit of scrying...” Granted, her scrying wasn't perfect. It had led her part of the way here, but could not distinguish what on the island she was supposed to be looking for.

14. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner listened carefully to what the elven woman said. At the mention of magic a small frown crept over his face. He didn't believe it it and saw it as trickery, a thing that had caused some conflict with other people on the castle. He shifted through some papers until he found what he was looking for, a note from the head gardener, who complained he didn't had enough help.
    "I see... Fill out this form with your full name, age, gender, social security number, position you seek, medical information, grades etc. Do you got a CV? In that case I would like to look at it," Mr. Turner spoke business like. The woman was interesting. He just hoped Meia wouldn't scold him for running after younger women again. Not that he would do that...

15. Characters in this post:
    'Oh no, I hope I haven’t upset him already.' Taking the form and a pen, Ruana filled it in with careful English lettering. Her penmenship slanted due to growing up writing in a different script but she hoped it was legible enough. 'Ruana Halani Eyther, female, age...uh...101.' Though many humans thought she was 20, Mr. Turner had an elf in his employ so their aging conventions might not be a surprise to him. Ruana would considered a recent adult by her people’s society. She was not sure what a social security number might be so she drew her family crest, a stylized deer and a star. 'Assistant gardener...once broke an arm...excellent marks from my tutor...'

I have no CV,” Ruana said, handing the form back to Mr. Turner. “But I can demonstrate.” She ran a hand through her hair, touching a vine gently and coaxing it to bloom. Just a simple white flower, nothing too showy.

16. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner took the form from Ruana with a smile and cast a quick look on it. The things that stood out was her age and how she had written out the social security number. Another smile went over his face before he looked back at Ruana. As she showed her "CV" he swallowed. He hadn't expected that however his rational brain convinced him it was a trick. However, he didn't understand how it worked.
    "I see..." he replied before putting the form down. He then pointed at the family crest Ruana had drew. "It's a pretty picture... but not a social security number. I don't know what it is actually. You don't got a social security number? You get one from the state, either by birth or when you fill into official documents like insurance," Mr. Turner asked.

17. Characters in this post:
    That is the symbol of my family, the Eyther clan. I grew up in a woodland colony. We used no numbers for identification, but the crest has marked our family for generations.” Ruana answered honestly and with a twinge of embarrassment. Ever since leaving Weyva, her country ways often caused her to stick out in society. She withdrew a wooden pendant from under her collar, the large round charm having the same deer and star branded into it. “But if that is not sufficient, can I get a number here?

18. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner nodded slowly. It made his work a bit more difficult though. He smiled at the woman before answering her concerns.
    "Well, as your people don't use social security number I'll have to leave it empty. If you want one however you need to speak with someone from a state institution. But we don't have to." he replied. Then he picked out a contract and some keys from a drawer. "Sign this contract. These keys goes to almost every place in the castle. I'll hire you temporary and if the head gardener think you do a good work you might get hired permanently, " he explained.

19. Characters in this post:
    Ruana signed the bottom of the contract neatly. “Thank you, sir,” she said, accepting the bunch of keys. They were a bit weighty so she stowed them in her bag rather than around her neck. Bidding the manager a good day, she stepped out of the office and made her way downstairs. Ruana decided that she’d like to see this garden she’d be helping maintain. She waved goodbye to Meia on her way out and headed towards the lobby again.

20. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner sat up and was just about to tell Ruana that she needed to head down to the Worker's Quarters for her ID-card and uniform. The elven woman left however before he got a chance to tell her. He rubbed his eyes and called Meia to ask her to follow Ruana and tell her about it. Meia wasn't all that pleased, she had a lot of work to catch up on after her trip to a sacred elven site but she did as Mr. Turner asked and hurried after Ruana. Her slight limping slowing her down a bit however.

Posts 1 to 20 of 20