Login to your account

The Experiments

Heroes to the world, experiments to one, family to each other.........

Tags: experiments, heroes, sci-fi, thriller

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: ArtNightshade

Created: 04-09-2013, 06:33 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
  1. Characters in this post:
    The woman placed her hand on her hip, thinking while looking at Dr. Adande, "I suppose it isn't necessary we find him or her today but we'll have to back off the experiment for our children to practice their abilities on for the time being"

2. Characters in this post:
    "Is this absolutely necessary?" He asked, his tone was lacking in motivation and he didn't seem to have much concern. He'd have trouble keeping the experiments in check if he went back on his word now, he couldn't afford to have them doubt him so early in the project.

3. Characters in this post:
    The female assissant nodded "yes sir indeed. We need the last experiment, Orange, in order for us to complete what we needed to complete. The others cannot go on missions without him or her"

4. Characters in this post:
    "Sure, I don't mind." He let out softly as he began petting the small animal on his lap. It was amusing really, something to keep him entertained while he waited and a good alternative to reading a book or watching television. At least he was interacting with someone. "But I already know what you want to talk about." He continued, referring to his ability. His eyes then turned to Jenna who seemed confident they could do the right thing. "I hope you're right." He simply uttered. Knowing the future and still being so unsure of it was a massive pain.

5. Characters in this post:
    Dilara bit her lip as the doctor left and uncrossed her arms. "Glad to see you in Dante..." She said with a roll of her eyes. She really was happy though. It was bad enough being locked up here with the rest of the world on the outside, but to have the only people you knew shared your fate be out there to? That would be torture to him.

Dilara shrugged at Adam's question. What was he expecting them to say? The only thing to say was the obvious that Will already pointed out. "Well, catch or not, I'm just happy I'll get to be outside for once. I've been here way to long to pass that up," Dilara grinned sadly, and turned to Adam, "You really have to ask?" She leaned back into his lap before morphing. "We need to talk," Dilara spoke so softly she wasn't even sure if she really said it out loud. With that she morphed and settled into Adam's lap.

"Thank you for coming back, Dante!" Jenna said as Adande left. "And I think this can be a great opportunity," She answered Adam, then stood to go to her room. She knew that the others didn't share her sentiments at all and would rather hide out with her room then argue with them. "I know... We're going to do great things," Jenna paused before going up the stairs, "With or without Adande." Smiling softly she went up the stairs and to her room before anyone could respond.

6. Characters in this post:
    The doctor turned to look at his assistant and shrugged, following her. "Is there a problem?" He asked almost nonchalantly. The acceptance of the project had gone too well for him to have anything ruin his day at this point.

7. Characters in this post:
    A female assisant noticed the doctor from the cornor of her eyes. She was relieved he arrived at the lab. "Doctor, come over here for a moment? We all need to talk"

8. Characters in this post:
    Adam shook his head and sighed. "Well, it is the doctor we're talking about and he did mention having to come back an hour per day... I'm guessing that's going to be enforced in one way or another..." With that, he closed his eyes and sat back down on the couch, spreading his legs slightly and turning to Dilara. "I'm bored..." He uttered nonchalantly, patting his thigh. "...fancy another belly-rub?"

9. Characters in this post:
    "Must suck knowing the future, eh Adam?" Will huffed out a sigh. Out of everyone's thoughts, he disliked Adam's the most. He leaned his head back and looked upside down at the lot of them. "There's obviously a catch~ He's never let us out before and now all of the sudden we're allowed?" Will rubbed his temples and slipped on his headphones, putting on some classical music, the only way he knew how to dull the voices in his head.

10. Characters in this post:
    Dante rolled his eyes and stuffed his hands inside his pockets "I'm not promising you anything doctor and other things"

11. Characters in this post:
    The doctor smiled widely. "Atta boy! Thank you so much for giving me a chance Dante, it's much appreciated." Those words uttered, he would jump slightly and turn to face the group, his expression becoming slightly more serious. "Of course, the assignments I'm giving you might be dangerous, so promise me you'll try to take care of each other, alright?" With that, he began humming a tune and headed for the door. "I'll come back tomorrow to give you your first assignment. For now, I want you all to sleep on it and look forward to your freedom!" The door opened with a bright smile and closed to a more menacing grin, as the doctor walked off to his private laboratory.

"Well, now that he's gone... thoughts anyone?" Adam wondered to the group, running his fingers through his bangs. He enjoyed the prospects they were given, but he couldn't shake off the feeling - no, rather, the knowledge - that there was a catch, and he wanted to mentally prepare the others for it, seeing as he couldn't tell them out loud without risking to alter the future for the worst.

12. Characters in this post:
    Dante overheard the commotion between Dilara and Jenna. The only family he has is his little sister but even he knew she might be gone by now. He was a father to her than brother. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, maybe he was being too cautious about the dr.'s offer. But he knew, no matter how much the doctor and the rest tell him they are all heroes he knew he was a experiement, a rat.

He stepped out of his room and sighed, crossing his arms over his chest, "I guess I was taking this, who outside thing a bit too cautious. I guess...it would be nice to see my little sister again..."

13. Characters in this post:
    Dilara scoffed and crossed her arms. Dante always tried to ruin the fun. Didn't he want any taste of freedom. Didn't he care at all to be outside this house for even a few minutes. "Dante is a kill joy anyway," She said, rolling her eyes.

Jenna frowned. "Maybe one of us should talk to him..." She said softly. "I mean deep down I'm sure he wants to see his family too and go outside and..." Jenna looked down into her lap and bit her lip.

"We can do amazing things and I want him to see that," She shook her head.

14. Characters in this post:
    The doctor turned to Dante and watched him leave, his smile not budging. "In my humble opinion, you're far closer to superheroes than to freaks, but that's just me. If Dante feels the need to beat himself up then so be it, we really can't force him to think any differently. I'm glad the five of you seem to be thinking differently, however. I would hate to think you regret the little experiment we've all had together." He let out, his smile briefly leaving to make place for a somewhat melancholy expression. "It'd be such a shame..."

15. Characters in this post:
    Dante rolled his eyes and groaned slighly. "Super heroes my arse and really, look at us you guys. I bet none of our friends, loved ones, and family recongize us. i bet you all, they had all forgotten us the moment we stepped foot in his place. Heck, like that Adande said, we all now freaks to the people outside of this building. We are nothing but rats and will always remain that way. I don't care what you all want to do to, where you want to go, or who you want to be called, considered as, but I am not you. I am not any of you, I am not what that doctor says we are". With a heaving sigh, he left the area and into his room. Annoyed and frusterated.

16. Characters in this post:
    Jenna smiled. "I-I'm up for it! Definitely," She cried excitedly. This was exactly what she was hoping for. The chance to use their powers for something great.

"Hell yeah! Me too!" She wasn't particularly excited about seeing any friends or family seeing as she grew up in an orphanage, but just the thought of finally being out of this house was thrilling. "When do we start? The sooner the better," She grinned and leaned forward.

17. Characters in this post:
    William jumped up and down like an over excited fan girl. "Ohmygosh ohmygosh." He fanned himself jokingly. "So much excitement for just one day!" He plopped himself down on the couch, dragging Lucy down beside him by her shirt. "Aren't you happy Sweet? You'll get to see your family again~" William didn't know her actual name, he had picked up on the nick name but decided instead just to call her sweet.

Lucy let out a small smile and looked down. She only hopped they were still alive. Her father was very old, and her brother last time she remembered, had leukemia. She let out a sigh under her breath and hopped for the best.
    She folded her arms across her chest, not wanting to come into skin on skin contact with Will. She leaned back into the couch however, listening to the conversation.

18. Characters in this post:
    The doctor smiled. "That's right. Twenty-three hours." He let out in Dilara's direction. "To be honest, I felt bad holding you all here, but you have to understand it was for your own good. Now all I'm asking you is to come one hour a day - you don't even have to all show up at the same time - so I can make sure the pills I provided you with did not have any side-effects and that you're not abusing your powers in wrongful manners." Of course, the doctor had other designs and reasons for wanting them to come back, but revealing them risked jeopardizing the already unhealthy nature of their relationships.

Then, he would turn to Jenna, his smile still broad as a barn door. "Well, to answer your questions in a randomized order..." The doctor then paused and took out an intricate device, it seemed to be a phone but at the push of a button it revealed itself to be more of a remote, as a screen popped out from the wall behind him and a power point presentation appeared. "You're allowed to go wherever you wish for the twenty-three hours of freedom you're given - yes, this includes seeing your parents, friends and other loved ones if you so wish - under the condition that you don't talk about me or your abilities. Again, this is for your own good, not only would there be a chance you'd be considered a freak, but in a worse case scenario it could sever your ties with those people and land you in another, much less friendly, doctor's lab where you would be experimented on like guinea pigs... Nobody wants that, right?"

The doctor would then push another button and the page changed, the screen was a picture of a large, deserted park. "The first few tests will be non-lethal trials of your abilities which will be held in this area. It is relatively far from here and perfectly isolated, so there's no risk of people intervening, getting caught in them or revealing your identities. Once I've ensured you're all ready the assignments will be broad and varied... but in essence, you would be superheros safeguarding the city. An exciting thought, isn't it?" With that, the doctor took another patient pause, waiting for any of their outputs, he did not want to shower them with excessive information unless it was asked for.

"Super-heroes, huh...?" Adam couldn't help but wonder to himself. He liked the idea, it was a fantasy he'd had since he was a child, but his visions of the future let him know that it wouldn't be as magical as doctor Adante would like them to believe. Still, the prospect of this freedom was undeniably interesting and gave him a chance to finally leave this place he had difficulty standing. After some thought - and foresight - he ultimately stood up and nodded. "I'm in." Being able to see the future, he did not need to ask any questions, as he already knew who would ask them and what the doctor would respond.

19. Characters in this post:
    Dilara's eyes widened as she leaned forward. Twenty-three hours of freedom?" She gasped. Maybe to the others that didn't sound like that much but to Dilara it was a completely different world. Her mind was already reeling at the things she'd do first. How long had it been since she was free. How long since she was outside these four walls.

"Outside...?" Jenna muttered softly, "Assignments?" Adam and Dante seemed skeptic to say the least but she was glad to hear they'd be going outside. After all that meant they could put use to their powers. 'Doesn't it...?' She thought to herself. They wouldn't just be trapped here doing nothing anymore. She could visit their old friends. "Wait, what about seeing our families?' She didn't know exactly where they were or how far from home or if their family even knew she was alive.

20. Characters in this post:
    "Well, the catch is that you have to return here at least for an hour daily." A light pause came in Doctor Adante's speech as he leaned back against a wall, getting a fuller view of all his experiments. "You'll have... assignments, to take care of as a group on the exterior. Once those are done you have what's left of your 23 hours of freedom to do as you please. Play superhero, party and drink, it's your call really. But something really bad will happen if you stay out of here later than that."