Login to your account

The Experiments

Heroes to the world, experiments to one, family to each other.........

Tags: experiments, heroes, sci-fi, thriller

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: ArtNightshade

Created: 04-09-2013, 06:33 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 74

Thread: The Experiments

1. Characters in this post:
    Sitting down on his usual chair, Dante played with a bowl of grapes, twirling his drink. He was watching a bit of TV while sort of eating and drinking. It was been nearly two years since he was captured by Dr. Adande and became Red, no longer Dante but he still upheld to his true name, no matter how much Adande and the those on his side protest. With the red pill, he received super strength and speed as well as rapid regeneration but no, he is not immortal nor invulnerable, he can still be killed but it would be nearly impossible

2. Characters in this post:
    Jenna stood for a few minutes in the doorway. She still hadn't been around that long and had yet to get to know everyone she was now living with. Biting her lip she scoured her mind for the name of the boy sitting in front of the TV. 'Come on Jenna. Come on. He was the one with the name from that book,' The name was on the tip of her tongue.
    "Dante! Dante's Inferno!" She cried out before she could stop herself. She blushed at her over excitement. Now would have been a nice time to be able to roll back the clock and not embarrass herself, except that would be a petty way to use the powers Dr. Adande gave her. Besides wasn't the boys name supposed to be 'Red' or something? And hers was now 'Brown'.

3. Characters in this post:
    Lucy had been lounging on the couch, twirling the ends of her bright orange hair with her fingers as she stared at the wall. Something she normally did. She never spoke to anyone, so everyone just assumed that she was a mute. Even when she got hurt, she never made a sound. She never cried either. No around these people.

Her head had been tilted to the side as her eyes roamed the details of the wall infront of her when she suddenly heard the random outburts. She rolled her eyes and the sound and tried to shut out the noises around her.

4. Characters in this post:
    Dante looked over at the shout of his name then shook his head in amusement when Jenna's sudden excitement turned into a blush. Cray girl he thought to himself, finally helping himself to a few grapes beside him

5. Characters in this post:
    As soon as Jenna saw Dante look over to her, she regretted her outburst. She looked behind her and considered going back the way she came and maybe finding some lonely corner to read where she couldn't embarrass herself. 'Or maybe it would be more embarrassing to just leave after that,' She bit her lip before taking a thoughtful step towards the couch.
    "Sorry about that," Jenna said softly before striding to the couch, "I was just happy I actually remembered your name I guess... Oh." There was a girl splayed out on the couch that Jenna hadn't noticed when she came in. 'Lucille? Lola? Lorena?' She wasn't sure of her name either but at least she knew it started with an L... maybe.

6. Characters in this post:
    Dante shook his head in amusement. He looked over at the orange hair girl, Lucy and smiled at her.

7. Characters in this post:
    Lucy glanced up at the girl who looked like she wanted to sit down. She sighed and got up, standing there for a moment and stretching, reaching her arms above her head and yawning. She glanced over at dante, noticing that he was looking over at her she blushed a little and looked away. Upon looking away, she made her way toward the kitchen.

8. Characters in this post:
    "You didn't have to get off the couch... We could have bo-" Jenna started to explain but stopped once the other girl started to the kitchen. Frowning she sat at the farthest end of the couch and pulled her knees up to her chest. "Everyone is so mopey here..." She sighed softly to herself while glancing up at Dante to make sure he hadn't heard her.
    The place was beginning to feel as depressing and boring as home except this time with powers.

9. Characters in this post:
    Dante popped a grape in his mouth and drowned it with his drink. He set the remote down and went towards the kitchen where he placed his empty glass in the sink before stretching a bit. He hated this place because they were nothing more than just rats, lab rats

10. Characters in this post:
    "If you knew what faith had in store for us, you would be too." Adam Blackwield, who in a stroke of irony had received the black pill, spoke up as his head stuck out of the ventilation. Quickly, his body would follow and he would land on his feet, a long sigh escaping his lips. Since Jenna's power was time travel, one could argue that Adam's ability to see the future was unnecessary, but that would be incorrect. Sure, he couldn't physically move through time, but he knew exactly what would happen in the next 31 days as well as all the possibilities that are open to coming futures. "Damn." He'd let out, looking down to his left hand which was holding a rather thick book. "I just saw the ending..." He'd continue to himself before throwing the book on a coffee table and sat near Dante. "By the way, in 13 days the doc will forget to pay the power and it will be cut. Someone let him know."

11. Characters in this post:
    Lucy opened the fridge and pulled out her iced tea. It was the only thing she would drink, minus water. She closed the fridge and stood there, leaning against the counter, not really paying attention to any of them. She glanced up for a moment, to look at the three that were there with her. She didn't like to be around people. Not because she didn't like them, but because of what would happen if she got too close.

12. Characters in this post:
    Jenna jumped slightly when Adam spoke. "What do you mean what fate has in store? This isn't such a bad thing you know," She said looking at him. She watched him as he climbed out of the ventilation and sat. "And even if you was you can all at least try to make the best of it. Instead of going around all gloomy ALL the time," Jenna bit her lip and sighed. She knew she was one of the only ones, if not THE only one, who thought they should make the best with what they had. Even if they didn't share her opinion on their powers being a good thing it wasn't like they had much of a choice than to bare with it.

13. Characters in this post:
    Adam looked up to the dark-haired girl and sighed, while he appreciated that she had an optimistic point of view - after all, everyone being pessimistic would be a dull thing - he couldn't bring himself to share it. "The Doc has plans for us... let's just say we'll be busy." Crackling his digits as he rolled his wrists, the second experiment stood and looked at the screen, apparently football was playing. "Damn, my team loses." He'd let out despite the game only being two minutes in. He opted not to mention which team he was routing for so as not to ruin the game for the others, but as he knew the results he walked off to the door and stood in front of it, as though he was waiting for someone to come in. "He kidnapped super-powered young adults... I don't know about you but if I had a team like us at my disposal, I wouldn't just keep them as pets in a flat."

14. Characters in this post:
    Jenna frowned. The whole point of them having these powers was to do something with them wasn't it? What could Doctor Adande possibly have in store for them that's so horrible. "Well, you know what he DOES have planned for us.So..?" She asked softly. Jenna felt like Adam liked to play up his power's about small everyday things but when it came to anything remotely interesting he'd get all mysterious.

While she waited for an answer she watched Dante get up and leave to the kitchen.

15. Characters in this post:
    Dante slammed the cabnet door in annoyance and faced Adam, in a cold glance. "The only thing the Doctor has in store of us is death, we are all rats, experiments under his thumb. And once he is tired of us all, he'll dispose of us and get more rats"

16. Characters in this post:
    "Let's just say it's going to be a roller coaster and at first you're going to like it." He'd let out to the young woman. "Also I don't know for sure about the disposing and experimenting, but aside from giving us the pill he won't do anything experiment-wise over the next few days... well, there IS one thing." Continuing in his cryptic tone, Adam would drift off slowly to the opposite side of the room, muttering inaudibly.

17. Characters in this post:
    Lucy drowned out the other's conversation as she sipped at her ice tea, jumping a little at the way Dante had slammed the cabinet. She looked back before walking out onto the balcony, feeling the breeze.

18. Characters in this post:
    Suddenly the intercom of the laboratory would pop on and the warm voice of a man in his early thirties came on, it was unmistakable; Doctor Adante. "Ladies and Gents, I hope you were given enough time to grow accustomed to your new home!" It would clamor, followed by a rapid blinking of the lights which - had any of them been sensitive to it - could have been a serious health hazard. "I've got fantastic news for the lot of you; Daddy's coming to visit soon! I'm on my way as we speak... While I'm there, do any of you need anything? I'm right by a convenience store. Please speak loudly, the intercom works both ways but the volume on my end is dreadful." The voice would then go silent, but a light humming would let the experiments know that the intercom was still on.

19. Characters in this post:
    Jenna winced when Dante slammed the cabinet. Everything was getting way too tense for her liking. "Look, just forget I asked okay?" She sighed. "Besides isn't it be-" She started but was suddenly interrupted but the appearance of Doctor Adande on the intercom. As he finished Jenna looked around to see if any of the other experiments would say anything. Part of her wanted to ask for a book or magazine but she didn't want to be the first or only person to speak up.

20. Characters in this post:
    "Hey doc." Adam let out. Seeing as he already knew how the doctor would react to some of his requests, he decided to skip straight to the agreeable ones. "Could you grab me a red AMP energy drink, and..." He'd pause as a fiber of the future came to mind. "...actually they have a special on 4 packs so could you get that instead? It'd be cheaper and more efficient than sending you out each time I need one. I'd also like a vapor cigarette." Running his fingers through his hair, he'd look to the other three and shrugged. "There, I broke the ice." He'd let out on a tone low enough not to be heard by the intercom.

21. Characters in this post:
    As lucy heard the voice, she wanted to request to get more iced tea, but she didn't want to speak. Well not so much as didn't want, but had forgotten how. She sighed silently and just looked at the floor. Her orange bangs hid the disappointing look she had plastered across her face.

22. Characters in this post:
    Jenna smiled at Adam softly and nodded in thanks. "I was wondering if maybe you could bring me a magazine or something?" She called out. Glancing around she wondered if any of the other experiments would ask for anything. It wouldn't surprise her if they didn't especially when they seemed to talk so little. Still she was grateful at least Adam was so talkative.

"O-oh! And bring some sweets please. Strawberry flavored if you can." The request made her feel a little childish but the selection in the kitchen was as gloomy as the rest of the place.

23. Characters in this post:
    The Doctor was taking notes on his phone's tab as they spoke and chuckled lightly. "Alrighty. Fridge warned me you guys run out of Iced Tea as well so I'm going to go get some of that as well... and a few healthy snacks to balance out all the junk you're asking me for..." He'd let out on a slightly patronizing but well-meaning tone as the chimming of bells could be heard in the background, surely because the doctor had just entered the store. "I'm gonna leave this on for a bit in case you think of something else." and with that the voice of the doctor was replaced with a light hum and mild background noise.

24. Characters in this post:
    Lucy smiled slightly, hearing that the Doctor was going to buy more iced tea. Her mood lifted only slightly as she stood there looking to the outside world. From the balcony, beyond the house seemed so different. Perhaps because she had been kept inside the house for so long.

25. Characters in this post:
    On a low tone, Adam would address the others. "Am I the only one slightly creeped out by the fact he knows the contents of our fridge?" A sigh came out of the young man as he looked around the room in curiosity. "Makes you wonder what else he knows."

26. Characters in this post:
    Lucy turned to face all of them and made an effort to tell Adam, without speaking that there were many different, tiny cameras all around the house that would be impossible for people to find if they weren't actually trying to find them. She gestured with her bottle of iced tea for him to look in the fridge closely and he would find a tiny camera in there. He knows everything we do..She thought in her head.

27. Characters in this post:
    "That's right Lucy, Cameras all over the place! I'm surprised even you didn't know that, Adam. You HAVE been living her longer than us." William came bouncing down the stair with a smile plastered across his face. Although he was not fond of this place, or what any of them were being used for, he was determined to lighten up even the saddest of days.

28. Characters in this post:
    Dilara slinked into the room and yawned. "Hey doc' pick me up some cigs will ya? And another pack of amp." She called sleepily. Quickly she surveyed the room to see who was up and about. "Tell me, Adam dear, What's the percent chance of escape this week?" She asked zeroing in on Adam. It was something she did periodically whenever she knew the Doctor was on intercom just to bother the old man. Besides everyone knew there was no chance in any out unless the doc approved.

Jenna watched the knew girl walk in. It was one of the few times she didn't see the other girl as a cat. In fact she was in cat form so much Jenna sometimes forgot she was even around. The girl was another one who was a bit different from the other experiments. If she hated being here she definitely didn't show it.

29. Characters in this post:
    Adam sighed. "Of course I knew. I know everything 31 days in advance. But when I spoil big information it shifts the course of time completely and gives me a huge headache." He'd utter in response to William's querry, looking at the boy with an air of relative ennuie. Running his hand through his bangs, he would then turn to look at Dilara, his expression slightly changing to incorporate a semblance of a smile. "1.4%, but even in the best case scenario only three of us make it out." He'd respond, shaking his head. "Those who do make it get captured again within the week anyway, so it's hardly worth the effort." Shrugging, he'd cock his head back and sigh once more.

"Smokes is a go, but you can only smoke in your room Dilara." The voice of the doctor responded from the intercom, not particularly concerned about her other question, but pretending to be wounded with a sigh for appearances. It's not like they could escape and Adam's answer put a small smile on his lips.

30. Characters in this post:
    William walked over to the fridge and reached in, grabbing out a tangerine, his favorite food. "Why if everything were as delicious as you, I'd be a happy man indeed." William had a weird problem of talking to his food, complimenting and flirting with it like it was a person. Of course he was joking but it was also because he couldn't help it. He stood there and started peeling the Tangerine.

"Woah woah can everyone stop thinking for a second? You're giving ME a headache." He groaned jokingly. He was the one experiment who could read minds. Sounded nifty at the time, but in all reality, it was a big pain in the ass. He hated knowing what was inside of people's heads.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 74