Login to your account

A Warring Wonderland

A twist on the classic "Alice in Wonderland" story!......

Tags: adventure, alice in wonderland, magical, tea party

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Advanced

New Players: Open

Creator: Kuro Ningyou

Created: 11-25-2012, 04:24 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in Jeweled Diamond Wastes

The kingdom located in west Wonderland.

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

1. Characters in this post:
    Rain pattered gently against the window of her home, and though the moon hidden behind a cloud promised a safe night's sleep, the moisture in the air was laden heavy with the chaos in one particular female's mind.

Useless...you useless girl. Brought back from that place- that idiotic place full of people who gave you pills to make you happy again. That was fake. Fake emotions don't fulfill the emptiness in one's stomach- those liars. Liars, liars, liars.

It was Luna's third day home from the mental hospital, and already, her patience was growing thin. As soon as the twenty year old arrived home, the people around her automatically assumed that she was 'alright,' and that the old, happy Luna was back. What fools they were. Luna was, in fact, not alright. She felt dizzy and dreamy all the time; the world was always in a state of a hot and hazy summer to her, and nothing was ever really clear. Who was she again? What did she do before she became so fake?

Those mere thoughts seemed to bounce around Luna's mind every time she closed her eyes to think- and sometimes even when they were open. She wanted something to hold onto, something that she could proudly declare 'stable.' However, nothing was there. Her Stradivarius was gone. Her hands were useless. Luna was better off dead.

A single tear rolled down the girl's pale cheek as she dwelled on the thought. Death, she rolled the word around inside her head, such a pleasing sound.

Luna stood, and as the moon became uncovered by the haze in the sky, she began to climb the stairs. Up, and up, and up she went, until she reached the rooftop. Her eyes flickered from the lights that dotted the city she lived in, and Luna turned around, back leaning against the railing, which was rather short.

She closed her eyes, and chaos began to race through her head once more. I could go so, so easily. What good is a violinist who cannot play the violin? Useless. You useless, useless thing, got yourself tossed into a mental facility, useless, uselesss, uslessuselessuselessuse-

And with that, Luna had tipped herself backwards and off the side of the building, her tearstained cheeks marking the path of the water that had spilled out from within her moments ago. Finally, Death...

--- • ---

A thumping sound could be heard throughout the wastes as a certain individual arrived in Wonderland. Luna let out a sharp screech when she landed on her arm, lightning bolts of pain shooting up her hand. Then, she stood. What was this mysterious looking place? Was this what heaven looked like? Luna blinked, her eyes flitting from one sparkling gem to the other. Am I...the only one here, in heaven?

2. Characters in this post:
    wearemadUsing one of his quick methods – which will not be revealed at this time, hyu hyu – the red-haired man arrived just a short distance away from where the, now identified, female stood coveting the various shiny gems that glittered to beautifully in the light.

wearemad”Don’t stare too long darling or you’ll soon find yourself with a mouthful of grit from licking them,” he commented comically to her. ”Come with me, dear. I’ve been anticipating your arrival.”

3. Characters in this post:
    ”Don’t stare too long darling or you’ll soon find yourself with a mouthful of grit from licking them.”

She spun around, her eyes landing on a tall man with scarlet locks, a slightly bemused expression on her face. Luna's expression morphed from simply dazed to that of completely confused. Was this male also dead, in this heaven of sorts? Her head tilted; was he, perhaps, God? No, that couldn't be; Luna had stopped believing in God a long time ago. Yes, it was strange to believe in a heaven and not believe in god, but then again, Luna was a strange being herself. "You..." she started to ask, "Who are you?"

4. Characters in this post:
    wearemadThe girl’s confused expression only added to Teagan’s amusement as he walked closer to her. From the look in her eyes, he figured that she was trying to identify him, but no avail. Parting her lips to speak, the young woman asked him simply who he was.

wearemad”Who am I?” he repeated, taking off his top hat and bowing politely. ”I’m mostly known as the Mad Hatter. However, my dear, you may call me Teagan.”

wearemadPlacing his hat back atop his head, he extended his hand to her before he offered his explanation. ”Come with me now, love, it’s much too dangerous for a lovely young lady such as yourself to be out in a dangerous place like this. We must move quickly lest we attract unnecessary attention.”

5. Characters in this post:
    In the shadow of a giant stalagmite glass rock was a man covered in a very Arabic like clothing, their colorful attire made it easier to blend with the crystal rocks. Accompanying this man was another in the same clothing. The two of them came upon Teagan and Luna from afar and only moved on closer to investigate. They spoke to each other in whispers, a language that is only native to them. The pair of Arabic-clothed people were part of a military camp not too far where Luna had dropped, the lookout had spotted something falling from the sky and had called out these two to investigate. Now that the two could make clear of Teagan and Luna's identity, they would nod to each other and each pull out clay ocarina. A very solemn tine was being played and because of the special properties of the surrounded stones and minerals increased the volume and echoed across the plains. More and more crept from the shadows and used the environment to blend with their camouflage. There were 16 of them each occupying certain blind spots from the pair. One of them was camouflaged so well that he had crawled close enough to the pair, even more bold to have crept up behind Teagan making him the apparent target. He did not however made him hidden from Luna who would see him in plain slight. The bold soldier pulled out his scimitar and silently raised it over his head, ready to slash downward at Teagan.

The throne room had simply been filled with smoke pumping out of the various hookahs all over as well as excelling from the mouth of the young boy sitting on the pillow throne that was placed in a very elegant manner. The place was filled with men of all ages, mainly those 10x older than he is. Zalazar was in the middle of enjoying some exotic dancing performed by potential marriage partners. Being the Shah, he had free reign of choice on who could be his wife from the pool. Each one of them were showing their physical beauty and potential. However, none of them sparked any interest to him. Zalazar simply knew that majority of the dancers were daughters belonging to each of the men present in the throne room. These ministers and counselors simply wanted to get one step ahead in the political hierarchy of JDW. Zalazar also knew that whoever he chose would simply be the person who would most likely be the next person to assassinate him. Rite of usurpation and political assassination was the common trend in earning the kingship of JDW and Zalazar wants to avoid another tragedy in his life. But he had to at least looked entertained while watching the various women dancing before him. So with all his effort he had placed a smile on his cheeks and simply continued watching the show.

The music had then suddenly stopped and a masked soldier appeared out of nowhere in front of the child ruled. "My lord, we have receive confirmation of an enemy spy just on the outskirts of the Red Sands. A group is trying to apprehend them as we speak." Zalazar softly placed the mouthpiece back on it hook and stood up. He bowed with etiquette to the room. "My humble counselors and their lovely daughters. I apologize for my rudeness but I must postpone this tradition in order to solve this urgency. It would be most appreciative if we schedule another date after I solve this issue." Two servant girls rushed in to put on Zalazar's mantle and retreated once helping fasten it on. The masked soldier simply accompanied "Now tell me general, whose spy have we caught this time." "From the description I have received, it would seem one of the person is the Mad Hatter." Zalazar gave an intrigued look to his general. "The delusional militia leader? He had already stolen a lot of good people from my land into his so called 'goal for peace.' Such a foul dream for a mad man. Have your men try their best to defeat him. If he does not die, then capturing him would be the much less difficult option. If he is locked in chains, make sure you notify me and send him directly to here. I would find satisfaction if I could kill off the hindrance personally."

6. Characters in this post:
    wearemadAn uneasy feeling had consumed Teagan the longer he lingered within the Wastes. As much as he would have loved to stand and banter with the newest Alice, he knew that time out in the open would be very limited. Just as he thought, they had been watching him. That brat of a Shah didn’t know how to keep his army to himself. No matter, this wouldn’t be the first time the Hatter had a run in with the Waste ruler’s men and, given his “opposition” to the current war, it certainly won’t be his last.

wearemad”Oh dear,” the man sighed as he removed his top hat again and tucked it away in his vest. ”Here I was thinking that I’d have the easier time. Though, I’m not surprised by this at all. Come now, love. We must away into the night!”

wearemadGiving the young girl no time to protest his actions, Teagan took hold of her wrist and swiftly ducked away from the blade that was surely meant for his head. Had he been alone, the man would have engaged in combat with the Shah’s grunts. However, he had a very precious companion who absolutely could not fall into the wrong hands, especially not the hands of this land’s ruler.

wearemadHatter and the newest Alice were at a disadvantage for fleeing the Wastes as the man did not travel here often enough to know the terrain and she wasn’t even aware of where she was. It was going to be difficult and if push came to shove he’d have to use “that”, but on he went dragging the poor confused, and most likely now, scared young lady through the sands of the Jeweled Diamond Wastes.

7. Characters in this post:
    Let it never be said the Master Builder had not been to the front lines particularly when there were diamonds at hand. The crystals littering the wasteland were blackened by soot from the war clanks. The steady crash of metallic boots rang all around as the clank shock troops secured the perimeter. With a cold smile Gavin removed his goggles and stepped down from the metallic 'Rook' vehicle where he had been surveying the progress. The Rook was little more than an tank the size of a small town that served as a mobile outpost for the Club-Works. Upon its top was a viewing platform where most generals and ambassadors surveyed ongoing battles. Most of the 'Troops' were little more than remote control toys and mindless drones based on the Rook. Scrappers scurried about picking up spare or broken metal to recycle into new parts all the while trying to keep from being crushed underfoot.

"All in all a rather drab and depressing sight..." Gavin mused as he adjusted his gloves. There, no more than a few yards from him, was a opening into the sheer rock face. It was the diamond mine and at its entrance three men knelt with their hands on their heads. Behind them was a metal suit of armor with the number "1.0" airbrushed onto its chest and a barrel where its left arm should have been.

"Greetings gentlemen, I am Lord Galvin Alaric Carlyle VI! A pleasure I'm sure. No, no don't bother getting up,"
    he chuckled brightly as if he were simply out for a stroll. "Now, rumor has it that this particular mine is guarded by an audible code. Without it we cannot access the lovely glittering payload. So! Can one of you fine chaps be so kind as to open up the passage?"

There was a long silence as none of the three acknowledged the Master Builder. Gavin ran a gloved hand through his blond hair before giving an aggravated sigh an glancing up at the armor.

"Prym are these men deaf or daft?" he snapped irritably.

The armor replied in a series of blips and chirps, it neon blue eyes focused on the prisoners. Once again Gavin sighed and looked to the sky as if requesting an extra helping of patience.

"Fine, have it your way. Prym, take the young one's hand," Gavin replied as if with great regret.

In a single fluid motion the armor pinned down the youngest of the three and slammed the barrel of its flamethrower down on the boy's hand. The other two men yelled in protest and Gavin raised his hand to stop the armor.

"You know what I want in return," he said with a dashing smile, "come now, can't we put all this primitive nonsense behind us? Can't we be friends?"

"You are a monster!" the oldest of the three snarled. Judging by his clothes and the insignia around his neck, he was obviously the mine's foreman.

Gavin's smile never faltered as he stared at the prisoner. There was a touch of madness in his roguish grin and his eyes flashed silver.

"Oh dear. That really was the wrong answer..." he replied and snapped his fingers. Prym's mechanisms whirred and the flamethrower initiated.

One charred hand, 3rd degree burns, and two concussions later, Gavin stood before a vast cavern filled to the brim with gemstones. As his massive Heavy Armor Clanks began raiding the vault he picked out a few of the flashiest stones for himself. As he held up a blue diamond the size of a man's eye he cast a sidelong glance to the three who had made it all possible.

"My thanks to you gentlemen. Your cooperation will be rewarded. Prym, be a dear and take these three for wetware processing," he ordered ignoring the protests and yells that erupted soon after.

"WHAT MANNER OF REWARD IS THIS?! YOU SAID YOU'D LET US LIVE! YOU SAID YOU'D LET US GO!"

"And live you shall my friend. The Club-Works army is always in need of healthy minds to help us in our endeavors. By the time we meet again, your brain will be encased in the Clock-Work's finest Armor. After that, you're free to do whatever you'd like. Consider it an upgrade, free of charge. "

Gavin's cheshire grin did not falter as the raid proceeded as planned. He left the clanks to their job as they emptied the vaults and loaded the diamonds onto the Rook. He looked past the line they had redrawn and into the crystalline wilderness of the wastelands. The men from the Shah would soon come to reclaim the mine. No matter as soon as they emptied the vaults his troops would fill the crevasse with enough blasting powder to bring the whole mountain crashing down over the mine. Ah, it felt good to win...

Posts 1 to 7 of 7