Login to your account

A Warring Wonderland

A twist on the classic "Alice in Wonderland" story!......

Tags: adventure, alice in wonderland, magical, tea party

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Advanced

New Players: Open

Creator: Kuro Ningyou

Created: 11-25-2012, 04:24 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 61 to 77 of 77

1. Characters in this post:
    There was a darkness in that man's gaze as if his face was only a mask he chose to wear. He was not a lizard but not a man either. Still, the Shark Man made better conversation than the Fishbowl Cat.

"Koli..." she sounded the name thoughtfully. It was simple, nearly tribal but certainly unusual. "That is a nice name."

Judging by his teeth he would be a carnivore, the question was... ally or predator? Well considering the fact that Enz was sitting as smug and indiscernible as ever, she ventured to guess Koli was not there to eat them.

Her mind whirred away trying to sort Koli into a category whether it be pet, guardian, or servant. Considering how he was tossing things into the cupboard haphazardly she once again ventured another guess...

"Where am I?" she asked sounding pitifully confused. It was a well-rehearsed tone she found worked excellently on the opposite sex. Provided they weren't rhetorically dependent felines.

2. Characters in this post:
    "Hatter didn't tell you?" Koli's voice echoed back from the ice box into the kitchen. He had finally spotted something buried in the rear of the container--some kind of steak or roast. In any case it would make a much better meal than the pitiful slices he was currently snacking on. The only question left to answer was whether he could cook it or eat it raw. On the one hand, cooking took time. On the other hand, eating it raw could get messy. I could make a sandwich, he mused, and then scrapped that idea almost immediately after coming up with it. Bread. Blech. Flavourless, cottony fluff that was guaranteed to wreck his appetite. Granted, bread wasn't as bad for him as other fibrous foods, but it still wasn't a thing he was terribly fond of.

But then again, Koli supposed he could live with it this once. He really didn't feel like cooking anything.

"You're in Wonderland," he explained to the lady while making his 'sandwich' (the thinnest slices of bread he could find and a rather sizeable chunk of the meat). "And thisss placsse isss known asss TOP HAT." Did he tell her about the war or did he let the Hatter handle that? Scarlet eyes flicked over to the cat--had Enz mentioned anything? It was impossible to tell what was going on in the hairball's mind even on a good day. It could be that Enz had mentioned the war, but had phrased so convolutely that not even the maddest of creatures could unravel such a tangled mess.

He bit into his sandwich and chewed thoughtfully, eventually coming to the conclusion that if she didn't ask, she didn't want to know, and he shouldn't tell her. If she did ask, however, he would answer. It was only polite.

3. Characters in this post:
    Quite frankly Enz was neither offended nor surprised at being ignored by Koli. It was rather natural given the relation between the two. Nevertheless, Enz glanced at Koli as he walked in.

"Huuhuu, Wocky. The other Alice was brought by you?" He asked golden eyes glancing at the bandages that were wrapped around him. "I'll take it was a mess, from how you're dressed."

The Alice of Clubs for the most part had been placed under the category as rather strange in Enz's eyes. As much as he could see where the idea of lizard could have come from, there was the question of who was it that she mentioned. He doubted that there was anyone from her world that would look similar to Koli. Though it may be possible, the chances were probably low. The main reason being his tall and lean physique which was far from human.

"Hatter may have mentioned it, or he was flirting. I wouldn't know. I'm just a cat. Though i'd say it's likely the latter, and that is that."

4. Characters in this post:
    "Hatter?" she asked her green eyes wide with false innocence, "oh, you mean the Hat Man. Yes, he asked some things but... he left. What exactly is a top hat? Is it like an inn?"

Information was always the name of the game. The more you knew the more power you held over your own fate. Acquire more divulge nothing... Now, there was something mentioned of a war, or perhaps a battle. For all of the Fishbowl Cat's inane ramblings she had managed to understand that much.

"There were these things that attacked and then I was here, I... how is that even possible?"

5. Characters in this post:
    Ugh the cat was talking. Koli had so enjoyed the silence in the peanut gallery until now. He ignored the comment on his injuries, deeming it not worth his time to demonstrate that he could still tear Enz in two even with a lame arm and a score of gouge marks across his back. "Obviousssly, kitten," he growled. "Did you think an unconsciousss man could get up and walk here on hisss own?"

The lady was asking questions again. Not surprising, since Koli had a bad habit of being vague. "A top hat isss a hat with a top," he joked. "Thisss TOP HAT isss more of an organization. Don't be alarmed, you're perfectly sssafe here." The word 'organization' tended to have a negative effect on people. They heard the word and then automatically assumed the group in question was nefarious or sinister. It could be very tiresome when attempting to recruit new members.

"Ah...sssorry about that," he told her after she mentioned being attacked. Though he had no way of confirming, Koli suspected what she had encountered were stragglers from the group that had attacked him and Allen. At least she hadn't suffered and grievous injuries. "Hairball, I take it you transssported the both of you here?" Of course it had to be Enz that was responsible for the lady's teleportation. It was always Enz who was responsible.

6. Characters in this post:
    "No, I thought that a pink fluffy flamingo brought you two here since the two of you are in perfect condition." stated Enz with a grin. Taking another sip he had realized his tea was gone and tossed his cup across the room, floating it as it fell into the sink so it landed softly.

"Huu, was it? Or was it Hatter that picked us up? It could have been a bandersnatch for all I know." Enz grinned before twisting himself back into a cat and landing on all fours.

One of the problems of drinking tea as a cat was the temperature sensitive tongue. As a humanoid, the sensitivity was reduced thus made drinking hot tea far more pleasant.

Quite frankly, it was rather obvious that there was no bandersnatch that was responsible for getting Alysse and Enz to TOP HAT. It was rather unlikely it was the Hatter, though possible. The most likely answer was indeed that it was Enz who had in a sense warped them to the headquarters.

7. Characters in this post:
    Ah, Koli had a sense of humor. Now THAT she could appreciate. After all, there was only so much crazed rambling she could take in one day and the Fishbowl Cat seemed to be a never ending fountain of crazy.

"Organization..." she sounded the word out as it were strange, "well, it's better than a cult."

She took a few bites as the two Wonderlanders bantered, or rather, Koli bantered Enz seemed to go on a rhetorical ramble.

"Yes, Fishbowl Cat brought us through," she chirped happily, "but it's kinda hard to get an answer from him."

She noted his posture, gaze, voice, demeanor, even the slab of meat between two nearly transparent pieces of bread. He most certainly was a carnivore, but not a threat. She heard them refer to her as an 'Alice'. It was clear they did not mean it as her name but rather a title or perhaps a label.

"Um... if you wouldn't mind telling me, Mr. Koli sir, what does Top Hat do exactly?" she asked in the same sweet naive voice.

8. Characters in this post:
    Koli shrugged, "At the moment? Not much of anything." TOP HAT and all its members had been playing the waiting game for ages now, under orders from the Hatter to put everything on hold until the Alices arrived. Well they had two Alices present now, maybe things would pick up again.

He wondered why the lady was talking to him as a small child would--a small child who didn't run and hide behind their mother when they saw him walking about. She was very different from Allen; where Allen had been suspicious and wary of everything (a good instinct in Koli's mind, as it meant he was aware of possible threats) this woman appeared to be quite sunny about the whole situation. Her tone was one of naivety and innocence rather than caution and fear. Koli tilted his head again, looking her up and down while he finished his meal. He couldn't decide if she really was as innocent as her tone suggested, or if it was on purpose--perhaps an attempt to put him at ease so he would let something slip? Though, truth be told, Koli didn't know if he had anything he could let slip. He didn't know what might matter to the lady, since she was from the Otherworld. What did people think about there? Was it the same things that were thought about in Wonderland?

His second assessment of her appearance brought to his attention the rather destroyed state of her clothes. It made sense, considering she had been attacked in the night and Enz could be infuriatingly slow at making decisions. All the same, she shouldn't have to walk around like that. The tears in the fabric must've been awfully drafty.

"Um, if you like," he said. "We could go find you sssomething elssse to wear--and I know sssomeone who might be able to repair your dressss." That is, if Lisette was willing to agree, and chances were...she wasn't.

9. Characters in this post:
    Well that certainly was anticlimactic. Apparently organizations were the same everywhere. But regardless of the inefficiencies, Alysse wondered what their ultimate goal was. Once again the matter returned to the Alice's or rather what an Alice was supposed to be. She knew she probably couldn't ask directly. She'd seen the other supposed Alice, albeit briefly.

Now there was an odd duck. If Physical Anthropology had taught her anything is was that men's foreheads sloped ever so slightly back into their hairline where as a woman's was vertically curved. If nothing else, that class had made it impossible to be tricked by a cross-dresser as long as Alysse could see their profile.

Rounded forehead, no discernible Adam's apple, androgynous in appearance... it was 99.9% obvious to Alysse that the mysterious Alice #2 was female dressed up as a man. The only other explanation was a series of heavy reconstructive surgeries but those were both expensive and often dangerous, besides... few people would care to reshape their foreheads.

At the mention of new clothes, Alysse's lemon-green eyes lit up. Her smile became something genuine. Enz had saved her life but Koli would save her wardrobe. The Shark Man was now her favorite person in Wonderland.

"Ah, I would love to have a change of clothes. Do you really think this dress is repairable?" she stood and walked up to the Jaberwock as if he were as harmless as a teddy bear.

10. Characters in this post:
    "Oh?" A tall young man with the most peculiar style walked into the room, his arms crossed and a little rabbit perched on his shoulder. "People? Wonderlanders? Alices? What have I missed, oh what have I missed?" He looked to Koli, a twinkle in his eyes.

"I wasn't told anything, Wock. Will you fill me in later?" He walked over the the sink, where he picked up a discarded cup. He studyed it for a moment before lifting it to his nose and giving a loud sniff. He pulled it away with a slightly impressed face. "I mean, we could even have tea. I can make tea. Maybe something sweet, not bitter like coffee."

He then turned to the group, cradling the cup in his hands. An ear twitched above his head and an eyebrow raised. "But I suppose I should introduce myself first, shouldn't I?" He took in a deep breath, this time, not from the cup. "The name's Elexander Denning, or El. I prefer El actually, much easier to call for when I'm in the shop." At the last sentence, a smile lit up his face, the confusion gone for a mere moment.

"Now. I suppose I should also ask if there is anything that I may do? I have to wait for the little fire that SoBa caused-"

"It wasn't my fault, you blabbering baffoon of a bunny!"

"Pah. I am a hare, not a bunny." The man glared over at the thing on his shoulder. "But maybe not, about the fire, I mean. But I have to wait for the smoke to clear out so I don't start another one."

11. Characters in this post:
    "That exsplainsss why you sssmell like sssomeone jussst finissshed roasssting you over a ssspit," Koli teased. He hadn't spoken to El in a while--they didn't often cross paths, but it was always interesting talking to the man when they did come face to face. "You'll have to talk to Hatter about tea, I'm sssure he'll have a ssspecssific tea ssset he'll want you to ussse--but in any cassse I'll be happy to fill you in later. Right now we," he gestured at himself and the Alice beside him. "Are on a quessst for a certain White Rabbit."

He scratched his head, at a loss for any suggestions to help occupy El's time. The Hatter was out--possibly tracking down the third Alice--another Alice was recuperating in the infirmary, and the final Alice was waiting for him to take her to find new clothes. He eyed her dress again, unsure how to assess the damage. "If anyone can sssave your attire," he told her. "It will be Lisssette. Ah--El, I don't sssupposssse you know where we can find her, do you?" Lisette could be difficult to track down on a good day, any clues towards her location--however vague--would be a huge help.

12. Characters in this post:
    As if on cue, a loud crash was heard in the reading room of the headquarters. A certain white rabbit had fallen to the ground after a failed attempt to place a book on the very tip top shelf. "...Ouch...." Lisette muttered, "Why did Teagan even make the shelves this high...?" The female grumbled as she brushed herself off, and stood, picking up the books that had fallen with her.

13. Characters in this post:
    Alysse's attention switched from her toothy companion to a very curious looking man. Dark hair, dark eyes, and a little bunny on his shoulder. Her eyes flickered a neon green as she stared at the little creature. It was a robot. She didn't know how the knowledge had come to her, but Alysse simply knew SoBa was mechanical. She remained quiet as she walked up to El and observed the bunny-bot curiously. Suddenly she reached out and grabbed SoBa as the light in her eyes grew stronger.

"Interesting," she murmured as she studied the little bot while holding it upside down, "anyone have a screwdriver?"

Alysse felt the little gears inside her mind, much like she had felt the clocks... well, before she broke them all. Before she could begin disassembling SoBa, a loud crash interrupted her thoughts. The glow in her eyes vanished and she looked up a Koli for reassurance.

"Ah... sorry," she smiled regaining her chipper attitude and returning SoBa to his owner's shoulder, "scarf banni... hee, bannis are cute!"

Alysse wondered exactly how many rabbits populated TOP HAT. Then again they were rabbits meaning they probably reproduced like their smaller counterparts. Were they omnivorous or did they enjoy a steak as well? If they were beavers they would enjoy a nice stake. Were there beaver humans as well? There were fishbowl cats, shark men, and rabbits with scarves surely beavers weren't too far of a stretch. Now that she thought about it... was the scarf banni a herbivore or simply a vegetarian. Which begged the more important question... Did he take milk with his tea? What about butter with his scones? Vegetarian j'accuse!

14. Characters in this post:
    The little bunny squirmed in Alysse's grasp, making soft squeaking noises. Elexander had gasped himself when his little companion was snatched off of his shoulder. He didn't take kindly to those who wanted to take apart his friends.

"You will not ever dismantle SoBa! I wouldn't know how to put him back together nor bring him back with his particular personality!" He said, his voice tinted with a heavier accent, raging with a slight anger. He held his nose up in the air some before hearing the rather loud crash from the other room. His ears and tail perked up in a silly fashion before turning to Koli with saucer wide eyes.

Found her, I believe." he said, nodding his head in the direction of the crash. "Down the shelved hallway, I suppose."

15. Characters in this post:
    Alysse's eyes glittered once again with the same lemon-hued light. In those few nanoseconds she could feel SoBa's presence within her mind. Oddly enough it manifested as if he were an extension of her body, perhaps an arm or a tail she'd never acknowledged until that moment. Alysse's perception shifted and a mental barrier fell away revealing the little creature's programming. Alysse could feel the gears and limbs as clearly as her own heartbeat. It would take so little effort to move them like the strings on a puppet...

The sensation was fleeting but it left her wondering if perhaps clock-breaking was not the extent of her ability. Unbeknownst to her the club mark on the back of her hand had darkened from translucent gray to a stark black.

Interesting... I believe this needs to be revisited in private.

Her eyes then focused on El's ears. Tentatively she reached up and touched them. Once again she was mildly surprise at their soft warmth. They were real if not a bit odd. Then again, out of the creatures she had met, El was probably the most normal looking of the bunch.

"Soft..." she cooed, as she reached up to pet the long black velvet ears.

It took a moment but she detected a bit of anger in his voice. Then again it was hard to say because she hadn't really paid attention to his outburst. His inflection was perhaps irritated more than enraged but Alysse found it difficult to differentiate the two. All she could see was that A) he definitely wasn't smiling, and B) he had been distracted by the crash. Not for the first time, she wondered on the feasibility of making everyone wear mood rings.

"Erm... sorry, I was under the impression you had created him," she replied using her best rehearsed apologetic/sheepish tone, "he just looked so cute I thought maybe I could learn to make one. I, ah... I promise not to dismantle him. Also... what's a shelved hallway?"

16. Characters in this post:
    Let it never be said the Master Builder had not been to the front lines particularly when there were diamonds at hand. The crystals littering the wasteland were blackened by soot from the war clanks. The steady crash of metallic boots rang all around as the clank shock troops secured the perimeter. With a cold smile Gavin removed his goggles and stepped down from the metallic 'Rook' vehicle where he had been surveying the progress. The Rook was little more than an tank the size of a small town that served as a mobile outpost for the Club-Works. Upon its top was a viewing platform where most generals and ambassadors surveyed ongoing battles. Most of the 'Troops' were little more than remote control toys and mindless drones based on the Rook. Scrappers scurried about picking up spare or broken metal to recycle into new parts all the while trying to keep from being crushed underfoot.

"All in all a rather drab and depressing sight..." Gavin mused as he adjusted his gloves. There, no more than a few yards from him, was a opening into the sheer rock face. It was the diamond mine and at its entrance three men knelt with their hands on their heads. Behind them was a metal suit of armor with the number "1.0" airbrushed onto its chest and a barrel where its left arm should have been.

"Greetings gentlemen, I am Lord Galvin Alaric Carlyle VI! A pleasure I'm sure. No, no don't bother getting up,"
    he chuckled brightly as if he were simply out for a stroll. "Now, rumor has it that this particular mine is guarded by an audible code. Without it we cannot access the lovely glittering payload. So! Can one of you fine chaps be so kind as to open up the passage?"

There was a long silence as none of the three acknowledged the Master Builder. Gavin ran a gloved hand through his blond hair before giving an aggravated sigh an glancing up at the armor.

"Prym are these men deaf or daft?" he snapped irritably.

The armor replied in a series of blips and chirps, it neon blue eyes focused on the prisoners. Once again Gavin sighed and looked to the sky as if requesting an extra helping of patience.

"Fine, have it your way. Prym, take the young one's hand," Gavin replied as if with great regret.

In a single fluid motion the armor pinned down the youngest of the three and slammed the barrel of its flamethrower down on the boy's hand. The other two men yelled in protest and Gavin raised his hand to stop the armor.

"You know what I want in return," he said with a dashing smile, "come now, can't we put all this primitive nonsense behind us? Can't we be friends?"

"You are a monster!" the oldest of the three snarled. Judging by his clothes and the insignia around his neck, he was obviously the mine's foreman.

Gavin's smile never faltered as he stared at the prisoner. There was a touch of madness in his roguish grin and his eyes flashed silver.

"Oh dear. That really was the wrong answer..." he replied and snapped his fingers. Prym's mechanisms whirred and the flamethrower initiated.

One charred hand, 3rd degree burns, and two concussions later, Gavin stood before a vast cavern filled to the brim with gemstones. As his massive Heavy Armor Clanks began raiding the vault he picked out a few of the flashiest stones for himself. As he held up a blue diamond the size of a man's eye he cast a sidelong glance to the three who had made it all possible.

"My thanks to you gentlemen. Your cooperation will be rewarded. Prym, be a dear and take these three for wetware processing," he ordered ignoring the protests and yells that erupted soon after.

"WHAT MANNER OF REWARD IS THIS?! YOU SAID YOU'D LET US LIVE! YOU SAID YOU'D LET US GO!"

"And live you shall my friend. The Club-Works army is always in need of healthy minds to help us in our endeavors. By the time we meet again, your brain will be encased in the Clock-Work's finest Armor. After that, you're free to do whatever you'd like. Consider it an upgrade, free of charge. "

Gavin's cheshire grin did not falter as the raid proceeded as planned. He left the clanks to their job as they emptied the vaults and loaded the diamonds onto the Rook. He looked past the line they had redrawn and into the crystalline wilderness of the wastelands. The men from the Shah would soon come to reclaim the mine. No matter as soon as they emptied the vaults his troops would fill the crevasse with enough blasting powder to bring the whole mountain crashing down over the mine. Ah, it felt good to win...

17. Characters in this post:
    "I did create him! If I do have to put him back together, not only do I not remember, but I would also have to recreate the life I put into him. Not an easy task, oh silly little girl." He seemed not to at at all mind when Alysse had touched his ears, he himself finding them to be rather fascinating things himself.

At the question of the hallway, his eyebrows perked up. "A shelved hallway is a hallway of shelves! If you were a Wonderlander you would- Oh." He stopped mid-sentence and really looked at the girl.

"Oh. That makes sense now." he clicked his tongue and simply pointed through the doorway, nodding his head in the general direction of the door. "She's that-a-way."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 61 to 77 of 77