Login to your account

School of Survival

Well, there -was- a tower. Until there was an accident involving a fireball and the fuel room. Now... Not so much of a tower. More like a pile of smoldering embers. Which, of course, means that the student mages have to figure out what to do now. Great.......

Tags: fantasy, fire, magic, students, survival, winter

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Shadow Lady

Created: 06-16-2011, 03:41 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 61 to 90 of 105

1. Characters in this post:
    "I'm Eylee Marinis," she replied. "You're... Ganokgu, right? The fighter?" She was a good deal more sure of his identity than she sounded; while Eylee considered it her business to know who else was at the school, she knew it sometimes made people nervous when she knew who they were without introduction.

2. Characters in this post:
    "This is true. Do you know me by my fighting?" Ganokgu grinned, he was proud of his fighting skills and whenever people respected him for it. "So, Wh-" Ganokgy heard an explosion. His instinct turned his head toward the source. A body seemed to shoot from the explosion, into the snow. Without looking, "Let's go!" Ganokgu ran toward the body.

3. Characters in this post:
    Lindel groaned, sitting up weakly. She seemed to be totally drained of magic, at the moment. "Ow..."

4. Characters in this post:
    Emily's eyes widened as the school shook with another explosion, and as a student was thrown from the explosion, and landed in the snow, not far from herself.
    "I, uh... It hurts to move." Emily answered his question quietly, laughing a little as if to portray that it was no big deal. "Did you just do that? Are you alright? Well, can I help you with anything is probably a better question..."

5. Characters in this post:
    His armor shatters into bits of darkness, vanishing into thin air. He looks at Emily and smiles saying, "Yeah, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. You need to get your leg fixed up soon, or it could get infected." Haku suddenly coughs up blood ands falls over, his eyes cringing from the damage the electric shock earlier.

Looking in the distance he can see the people run towards him as his vision blurs into darkness.

6. Characters in this post:
    "I'm a diviner. I know folks," Eylee was replying, when Ganokgu abruptly ran off. With a sigh, she glanced apologetically at the others in their little group and, clutching her skirts out of the way with one hand, followed in hot pursuit.

She finally managed to catch up as Ganokgu reached Haku and Emily. A quick look at the situation, and Eylee bit back an exclamation that was quite a bit short of polite. "Ok. Ok. We can deal with this, right?" she said, looking to Ganokgu, still a little out of breath.

7. Characters in this post:
    Emily's eyes widened again, this time in disbelief.
    "Yeah, I'll worry about my leg..." She murmered to herself, pulling herself closer to the now unconcious student, just as two others ran up. She gave the girl her moment to freak out, then spoke.
    "We're going to have to deal with everything, I'm afraid. I don't think any of the teachers made it out..." She paused a moment, and then determined, steeled herself against the pain she was about to go through. Trying not to bring attention to the gash on her leg (or the pink-tinged snow around it), she looked at the other two survivors.
    "I'm no healer, but we need to get him to one. I don't know what's wrong with him, so we need to move him pretty quickly, I think." Emily braced herself, and rose halfway to her feet, supporting Haku as best as she could.
    "A little help please?"

8. Characters in this post:
    Lindel flew over- Carefully. "Maybe I can... Heal him?" she mubled.

9. Characters in this post:
    Hardly winded, Ganokgu arrived at the locations where Emily and Haku were. Moments later Eylee arrived. He could hear her breathing. In response to what she said, "We don't have much choice, I don't think..." He saw Emily trying to support Haku and positioned his self next to Haku. "Why were you laying in the snow?" Ganokgu asked Emily. "Anything wrong?"

Ganokgu did his best to try to take most of Haku's weight. He knew he could carry him by himself. After hearing what Lindel said, Ganokgu spoke up, "Hey, don't push yourself too hard. I won't stop you if you want to heal. Feel free to use my shoulder to save energy the best you can." She had already fainted once, Ganokgu just didn't want her to hurt herself. He thought for a few moments and asked, "Anyone know where we're taking him?"

Ganokgu looked over at Emily and asked, "Are you ready? I'm about to take a step."

10. Characters in this post:
    "Well.... There are some caves nearby? They've got a few monsters, but if we get the others, we should be fine. Their really cowardly!"

11. Characters in this post:
    Ganokgu loved her idea, he loved to fight. Even though he loved to fight, he had to think for the best of everyone else. "Hmm, That might be the best option. I would think the school would still be unsafe. Maybe we could set up a camp at the entrance of the cave. Maybe light the outside of the cave up so people can see us?"

12. Characters in this post:
    Emily rose fully to her feet as the Ganokgu supported most of Haku's weight. She supported herself mostly on her good leg, doing everything in her power not to wince as the gash on her bad leg twinged. When Ganokgu asked her if anything was wrong, she forced herself to smile.
    "Oh, nothing to worry about. I think we need to focus on this guy first. And yeah, I'm ready to move when you are."

The caves... They were really the only option the students had, and Emily knew it. She tilted her head to the side a little, thinking, as Ganokgu suggested setting up camp.
    "I do think setting up camp is a good idea... But who's going to see us? There aren't any towns or villages for miles. I think we may have to set up camp, scavenge whatever we can once the school is a bit safer, and probably resort to the caves for food and shelter, then once a group of people is strong enough, they can leave to get help. I wouldn't suggest anyone to wander off into the snow on their own." The forced smile on Emily's face had faded to grim determination. There was nothing for them to do now but survive.

13. Characters in this post:
    "Well, we don't know one hundred percent what happened to the teachers, if we put up the torches they might be able to tell where we went and help us or something like that?" Ganokgu took a few steps forward while we was talking. The first few steps were a little rough, as he was trying to match his pace with Emily. Within a few moments he matched her steps. When they start to get the rhythm of it Ganokgu asked, "By the way, what are your names?", to both Emily and Lindel. He started thinking of what they might need. 'Branches, water, food.' Were the few that came to his mind, he wondered how to get them as he continued to keep pace with Emily.

14. Characters in this post:
    Lindel blinked. "You haven't heard of me? Surely I've pranked you at least once! I'm Lindel Ripa, school prankster of sixty seven years! At least, if you go by your years. Otherwise, it's ten." She bowed mockingly, lost her balance- and tumbled into the snow.
    "Oops! I'm okay!" she called up, now sitting at the bottom of a deep pile of snow. "It's kinda cold down here, though!"

15. Characters in this post:
    "Yeah..." Emily murmered, agreeing with Gonokgu about the torches. "And perhaps any other survivors will be able to make their way to the caves too. Torches are always a good idea. We're going to need the light soon anyway."

Emily waited for Lindel to introduce herself, since the fairy started replying to Ganokgu's question first. She couldn't help but grin at Lindel's antics, and even giggled a little as she fell into the snow.
    "I've heard of you Lindel, but I don't think I've ever met you before." Emily kept a smile on her face, and addressed both of her (concious) companions. "I'm Emily. It's nice to meet both of you."

Meanwhile, Naomi arrived. She'd been bouncing between Emily's location and the Neko she'd found, full of energy. Naomi wasn't scared easily, and she didn't really seem to have much of a sense for urgent situations. She'd gone to seek help, and so she felt her job was done. The cat noticed Emily moving, and so directed her romping towards the girl and her new friends. The small cat arrived, immediately noticing Lindel in the snow. Naomi stopped near the fairy, staring at Lindel as if to say "Want to play?"

Emily didn't need to force herself to smile when she saw Naomi, it was natural. The girl looked at Lindel as well as she could. "She'll let you ride on her back if you want to." Emily informed her. "It'll get you mostly out of the snow."

16. Characters in this post:
    "Hi-hi, miss kitty!" She got to her feet, and scrambled on top of the kitty. "Hm... No, you haven't yet, have you? My apologies!" Lindel laughed, rubbing the back of the kitties neck.

17. Characters in this post:
    Surprised at Lindel's reaction he immediately replied, "Well, I'm sorry? I skip most of my classes. Usually I'm outside honing my fighting skills. The only classes I attend to are ones that help me with that. Maybe that's why?" Ganokgu let out a slightly nervous laugh, then continued. "Well, nice to meet you two. Kind of a weird way to meet, eh?"

When the kitten arrived Ganokgu laughed at it's playful attitude. He let a smile show during this. His shoulder felt a little awkward, in response he nudged Haku up slightly to get it in a better position.

As everyone drew closer to the cave, he could see the entrance. "Look the entrance!" Ganokgu stated with a smile. He continued to match his pace with Emily.

18. Characters in this post:
    "Classes? Who bothers with classes?" she laughed. "I just stick with my two teachers and spend the rest of the day having fun!"

19. Characters in this post:
    Isaak had just been about to head over in the direction he believed the cat had been indicating, when Lindel had woke up. He blinked in surprise, but then smiled as he watched her head over towards the others. I'm glad to see she's alright. he thought still looking over in that direction, noticing how the group was heading towards the caves. It also seemed that those who needed help, had gotten it. That was good.

The Neko then looked back at his friend, and gave him a gentle but firm nudge. "Come on, Justyce. Let's catch up with the others." he told the blood cleric before turning and heading towards the others at a fast walk.

Once he was with the others, he looked down at the cat and the fairy, and chuckled. What an interesting sight. he thought to himself, before addressing Lindel, "Well, Madam fairy, I'm glad to see you're awake." and as he finished speaking, he gave her a playful, yet at the same time, sincere smile.

20. Characters in this post:
    "Yes, yes, awake is good! No one likes fainting from magic loss, after all!" SHe grinned, glancing around. It was extremely dark by now, especially without the light of the tower. "Hm, anyone want a light?"

21. Characters in this post:
    Eylee frowned. "Er, Lindel?" she said, "Maybe it'd be better if someone else handled the light? I mean, you've already collapsed from magical exhaustion once today. And we're not exactly swimming in healers, if you catch my meaning."

She shivered a little, clutching her cloak tighter around her shoulders. "Besides, I really think a fire's a better bet than illusionary light. We won't last long without heat as well as light, not in this weather - at least most of us aren't."

22. Characters in this post:
    Emily remained pretty quiet as her companions spoke, and they all moved. It was nice that the others seemed to be in good spirits, but Emily really needed to focus on moving, and not betraying the fact that she was in pain.

Naomi, on the other hand, seemed to be having a brilliant time. She followed the others through the snow, having to jump more than walk, considering how deep the snow actually was. She tried to make sure the ride wasn't too rough on Lindel, however. The cat had always had a fondness for fairies, possibly because they were some of the only creatures around the tower that were smaller than her.

As Lindel suggested light, and the girl with them commented on needing fire over just light, Emily frowned. She could do fire... But it would be too difficult to handle anything overcomplicated.
    "I can make us some fire..." She murmered, before closing her eyes briefly. She didn't allow herself to stop moving, but made an orb of fire appear in her free hand. She opened her eyes, and with a few whispered words the orb began to float, and then began to grow, projecting warmth and light throughout the group.

"Please try not to touch it, I'm not sure I can focus on it enough to make sure it doesn't burn you..." She informed the others. The light faltered a moment as Emily stumbled a step, before regaining her footing.
    "Oh, sorry about that Ganokgu..." She apologized, realising her stumble may have caused Ganokgu a bit of difficulty. The orb of flames returned to a steady glow as Emily forced herself to focus, beads of sweat forming on her forehead.

"We should probably clear some of the snow around the entrance to the caves if we're going to camp there... I don't think it would be a very good idea for us to venture too far into the caves, considering the current situation..."

23. Characters in this post:
    After adjusting for his shoulder, he felt Emily stumble. "Are you alright?" Ganokgu looked at her and continued, "Emily, if you need to concentrate more, I can life him by myself, if need be. I know a certain technique to carry someone easily." He noticed she seemed to struggle a little bit.

Ganokgu responded, "I have a slight change for your plan. We know we can't go too far in the caves. But, in case there is wind, we might want to go in side a little bit. The temperature might be better inside the cave too." He knew a decent amount of survival, since he was outside a lot. If it comes to hunting, he would probably be the main hunter of the group, Ganokgu thought.

24. Characters in this post:
    "Bah, I'll be fine in a couple of minutes. It's not like I'm doing anything that uses magic at the moment." She rubbed the kitty's neck once more, enjoying the jumps. "You're a silly kitty, aren't you?"

25. Characters in this post:
    "Um, actually... If you're sure that you can handle carrying him, that would be helpful." Emily replied to Ganokgu's offer rather reluctantly. She didn't want to leave him handling all the weight of the unconcious student.

"Well, yeah..." Emily replied thoughtfully after Ganokgu spoke about the caves. "I was just thinking we don't want to go very far into the caves at all. At least until enough of us have recuperated enough to handle whatever may come at us..." She trailed off, the light of her fire fading a moment before she realised that she still had to focus on the orb of fire, and it flared to life again. Emily went quiet.

Naomi, on the other hand, meowed happily as Lindel spoke to her. The cat had a very playful nature, and was enjoying the whole situation entirely.

26. Characters in this post:
    Ganokgu waited until Emily finished her sentence before he took action. He slid to the side so Haku's chest was flat against Ganokgu's back and let his arms bend naturally over his own shoulders. He gripped Haku's right wrist with his left hand and did the same on the remaining hands. He made sure Haku's arms bent naturally so he wouldn't hurt Haku.

"Alright, that should do it!" Ganokgu said with a smile as he rose slowly. He kept his knees bent slightly so it was easier to balance Haku's weight. "There we go." He confirmed for himself. Then he started to walk forward toward the cave.

Ganokgu heard what Emily said about the cave and replied, "Of course, eventually we might have to venture in deeper for some resources, but that hopefully won't be until after everyone is in good shape." While he was talking he looked at Emily. Naturally his eyes seemed to give reassurance that everything will be alright. Of course, there will be trials and tests to come, only to make the stronger though, Ganokgu believed.

27. Characters in this post:
    Keeping pace with the others, Eylee nodded pensively. "I should be able to chart out at least part of the caves without going too far in," she volunteered. "I mean, we'll still have to actually go in there to get what we need, but at least we won't be stumbling around blind when we do so."

She glanced back, wistfully, at the ruined tower. "I do hope we'll be able to salvage something from the tower, once we've made camp," she added. "I don't much like the thought of living on roast monster until someone thinks to come looking for us."

28. Characters in this post:
    Haku's eyes open slightly to take a glimpse of what was the current situation for them. His grey eyes scanning their surroundings under his pure white hair that illuminated from the glow of the fire which Emily created. He closed his eyes and rested a bit longer until he was to be needed in an emergency. 'Just a little bit longer...' he thought to himself. His horns started to appear for he was too tired to keep them hidden.

29. Characters in this post:
    Emily smiled appreciatively at Ganokgu, for both taking Haku, and the reassuring presence he seemed to have. He was obviously thinking about everyone's well-being, not just his own. As she was relieved of Haku's weight, the orb of fire seemed to gain a... feel to it. It almost seemed to round itself off more smoothly, almost like there was an invisible layer over it. What Emily had done, in fact, was make it safe. The fire wouldn't burn anything that accidentally touched it.

As the red-haired woman in the group, who Emily had seen around for years but never really known, spoke about scouting the caves and roasted monsters, Emily couldn't help but make a joke.
    "Well, no need to worry. I can fry the monsters too, so we'll have a bit of variety." She chuckled, then winced, having forgotten about her leg for a moment, and been reminded of it in a not so pleasant way. But she quickly replaced her look of pain with a determined smile, hoping no one had noticed. They didn't need to be worrying about her at the moment.

She glanced over a Ganokgu to check that he was still fine with carrying the unconcious student, when she saw that said student had... horns?
    "Um, Ganokgu... He seems to be growing horns. I'd watch yourself if I were you, don't want to get hurt by accident."

30. Characters in this post:
    "Hm-hm, maybe he's not fully human?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 61 to 90 of 105