Login to your account

~Willow Cafe~

A small, quaint cafe where anyone and everyone is welcome to relax, socialize and most importantly, eat delicious treats created especially for you!......

Tags: cafe, eating, relaxation

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Mikasohi

Created: 08-09-2011, 06:48 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in Willow Cafe

A quaint, cozy cafe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 59

Thread: ~Willow Cafe~

1. Characters in this post:
    Willow sat in her newly built and completed cafe, waiting for people to arrive. Right now it was just her but she had put a sign out saying that she was hiring. She could cook, but she would prefer a professional to ensure that her guests ate the best.

Sighing happily, she straightened chairs and tables and made sure all of the candles were lit and flowers were placed perfectly. Willow smiled and walked back over to the counter, satisfied with the way the cafe looked. Now all she had to do was wait for the guests to arrive.

2. Characters in this post:
    Azaria AspenLight then entered the inn, clutching at the bag in her hand. She was sure that in this place, she would find a way to start over. And working as a waitress could be just the thing.

She then looked over at the counter and saw a young woman. Aza then tentatively walked over and gave a soft smile. "Hello there. I'm looking for a job here," she said, her voice much like her smile.

3. Characters in this post:
    Willow was lost in a daydream when she heard a soft voice nearby. Looking up to find the source of that voice, she smiled back at the woman. "Oh of course! My name is Willow, it's very nice to meet you. May I ask what position you're searching for?" Willow was excited, her cafe was already showing some promise!

4. Characters in this post:
    "Possibly a waitress or a healer of some sort? I dabble with potions and stuff like that..." Azaria mused. She couldn't wait to get to work. These days, she usually just wanders around, with no purpose. She wasn't exactly looking for something when she traveled. Aza just wanted a sense of familiarity. She was, obviously, not accepted back home. But she hoped to achieve this with the inn.

5. Characters in this post:
    "Hmm...someone of multiple talents? I think I can definitely find you something here." Willow smiled and led her back towards the kitchen area. She grabbed an apron and a couple of other items and handed them to the woman. "You can start whenever you like. Oh and..I'll need a name to put on your name tag." Willow smiled brightly at the woman and hoped that soon, she would have her first customer.

6. Characters in this post:
    Azaria gratefully accepted the apron and the other items that were given to her. "Oh," She was taken aback when she realized that she hadn't introduced herself. "My name is Azaria. Aza for short," she said, curtsying a bit. She looked around the cafe and cocked her head to the side.

"I don't understand. Why aren't there people here?" Aza asked, being innocently frank.

7. Characters in this post:
    Willow smiled and laughed, "It's very nice to meet you Aza!" At Aza's question, Willow's smiled faded a little.

"I just opened up, I'm sure people will come soon. At least I hope so..." Always an optimist, her smiled brightened and she led Aza back towards the front. "Feel free to take a seat and relax until it picks up, if you like."

8. Characters in this post:
    Isabel entered the cafe and smiled. It had such a warm and comforting feel to it, making her immediately feel at home. She looked around until she spotted a girl and a young woman. "Hello, I'm Isabel Metallo. I saw that you were hiring and... well I'd love to work here," She said approaching them.
    Isabel held out her hand to Mari, assuming she was the owner. "This place is really quite lovely," She added with a dreamy expression on her face. She felt like the place was calling to her and the minute she stepped through the door she couldn't help but feel a sense of belonging.

9. Characters in this post:
    Willow looked up as someone entered the cafe, smiling from ear to ear. Willow took Isabel's hand and shook it lightly. "It's very nice to meet you Isabel! There are a couple of openings! Aza here," she pointed to the young woman beside her, "just joined up as a waitress, so we're in need of either a chef or a cashier."

At Isabel's compliment, Willow blushed. "Thank you very much, I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out."

10. Characters in this post:
    Isabel gave Aza a nod as Willow introduced her. "Hello, Aza," She said with a kind smile before turning her attention back to Willow, "I don't cook well enough to be a chef. So, cashier it is. I've never worked before but I'll give it my best!"
    "You're welcome," Isabel answered. "This place opened recently, right? I moved here a couple of weeks ago and I don't remember it being open," She asked looking around. The cafe still had a fresh, new look to it but unlike other new restaurants and cafes, it didn't take away from the coziness at all.

11. Characters in this post:
    Azaria's ears slightly turned pink. She thought that Willow had laughed at her curtsey. She couldn't help it but become stiffly polite when meeting new people. Although, from the aura that Willow was radiating, it was clear that she meant no harm. Taking her suggestion, Aza sat down on a stool, patiently waiting for things to pick up. And at that moment, a young girl entered the cafe.

Aza learned that her name was Isabel and that she would be working as a cashier. She simply nodded her head in her direction as Isabel acknowledged her.

12. Characters in this post:
    Willow smiled. "I'm sure you'll do wonderful, Isabel! And you too Aza!" She walked over to a coffee machine and put on a pot. "Yes, I just opened up quite recently actually." She turned back around to face Isabel and Aza. "Would either of you like a snack?"

13. Characters in this post:
    Isabel smiled widely. "If it's not too much trouble for you, Miss Willow," She answered. She hadn't eaten all day yet because she had been out searching for a job since early morning. She had been so excited about the search that she forgot how hungry she was. "How much would it be?" She asked, pulling her wallet out of her purse. Even though Isabel didn't have much cash left she wanted to pay for it. 'It wouldn't be any good for a newly opened place to be giving out freebies. Not at all,' Isabel thought to herself decisively.

14. Characters in this post:
    Saya walked into the cafe, her gray eyes flashing with delight as she entered. Her hands flew to her pencil and the notebook in her backpack, her skirt twirling as she spun around, taking in the room. Everything was just so... perfect in her mind. It was like the school she was just at, only smaller. She squealed in her own mind, having to move to a seat and sit down, starting to draw out anything she saw. She started off with the napkin container on the table and then continued with the counter and the sign near by. She saw the "Help Wanted" sign and stopped all together. She bit her lip and looked down at the table, thinking pretty hard about this. She had just gotten into a new school, and was starting over from scratch. She suddenly came to a decision, and got up, going to the counter.
    "Erm, ex-excue me?" she said in halting french. She had studdied some and hoped that the lady behind the counter knew what she had said. She didn't know if anyone here knew English or French, but she tried anyway.

15. Characters in this post:
    Willow shook her head. "It's no trouble at all dear! I want everyone to feel as welcome here as possible!" She looked down at Isabel pulling her wallet out. "Hmm, I haven't set any actual prices yet so...whatever you would like to give." She smiled and just then, the tinkling of the door sounded. Willow turned around and looked for whoever had just entered her cafe. She spotted a girl sitting down and decided to go make a snack for all of them.

Entering the kitchen, she quickly made a batch of cookies and some muffins. Spreading them out on a plate, she took them back to the front for the women to enjoy. "I made some cookies and muffins, feel free to dig in!" At that moment, the girl that was sitting down got up and walked over to the counter. The girl had an accent, French it sounded like. She gave the girl a smiled and walked towards her. "Yes dear? What can I get for you?"

16. Characters in this post:
    "Thank you so much, Miss Willow!" Isabel said happily. She loved the place already. Not only was it so comforting here but Miss Willow was so kind. As quiet as she was Aza seemed to
    be a nice girl as well. Suddenly the sound of someone coming in interrupted her
    thoughts. 'I hope it's a customer,' She thought excitedly as she turned to see who
    came in. That's when she spotten a young girl come in and sit with her notebook.
    The girl seemed so absorbed in what she was doing that Isabel didn't want to
    bother her. 'I guess she'll order when she's ready,' She thought, turning back
    toward the counter. That's when a heavenly aroma filled her nose.
    Miss Willow had returned with a fresh batch of muffins and cookies. "Miss
    Willow, those smell wonderful!"
    She exclaimed while reaching over to take a
    cookie. As she bit into it she watch the girl, who was sitting, get up and go to the
    counter.

17. Characters in this post:
    Saya blushed lightly, looking down. "I-I'm sorry, but I hate to be a bother. I saw the sign... And I want-ted to know i-if I could get a job as a waitress here?" she asked. She looked up with a meek smile, her blush lightly dusting her darkly tanned cheeks. She hadn't really talked to anyone for about 5 weeks, and wasn't used to it at all.

18. Characters in this post:
    "Just a glass of tea, please," Azaria politely asked when Willow offered some snacks. She then cocked her head to the side, studying Isabel and how she ate her muffin. The heavenly aroma reached her nose and she was tempted to snatch one. Aza then looked away from the muffins. Her interest piqued when a tanned woman entered the cafe. 'My, it's obvious that the workers here will be mostly female. This should attract male customers,' she thought, raising her eyebrows at her accent.

19. Characters in this post:
    Isabel sighed contently. The cookie was simply delicious. "Miss Aza! You should try one! They're amazing," She said, now turning her attention away from the tan girl and to her co-worker. She smiled kindly and pushed the plate towards her. "Oh, I almost forgot! I'm looking forward to working with you, Miss Aza," She said, smiling wider.

20. Characters in this post:
    Azaria gave an apologetic smile. "Oh no, I'm fine," she said, in a feeble attempt to mask her lust for just one cookie. 'Why am I holding myself back?' She thought. Aza was about to have yet another argument with herself but stopped when Isabel told her that she was looking forward to working with her. She politely nodded in response.

21. Characters in this post:
    Isabel frowned slightly. "Aw... are you sure?" She asked before taking another bite of her cookie. 'She looks like she wants one,' Isabel observed. "You don't have to be shy," She said as Aza nodded in response. She smiled kindly. "After all don't you think it would be nice to be friends with all your co-workers?" She was speaking more to herself as she finished the cookie and propped her elbows onto the table. "Yes, it must be very nice," She said dreamily then rested her chin on her hands. "I hope we get a customer soon. Don't you?"

22. Characters in this post:
    Willow blushed at Isabel's compliment. She never really thought her cooking was any good, so she was always surprised when people complimented it. She walked over behind the counter and filled a glass with ice and tea. Grabbing a couple of sugar packets, she headed towards Aza and set the glass and packets down on the table.

She turned towards the woman with the accent and smiled. " Of course, dear. If you'll follow me, I'll get you your apron, name tag and some other tools you'll need. I'm Willow and if you need anything at all, just let me know."

23. Characters in this post:
    Saya blinked a few times somewhat startled by the fact that she go the job so easily. She bit her lip and looked down as she woman introduced herself, following the lady. "I'm Saya Minchia. I'm sorry if I can't talk right in this language, its just a bit hard for me at the moment, switching from different countries." she said with a meek smile. She was glad to finally have a place to work at.

24. Characters in this post:
    Willow nodded and smiled while Saya spoke. "Nonsense, dear. You're doing wonderful!" She paused, thinking about her own situation that was much like Saya's. "I am originally from America. I moved over here when I was 5 and I had to start school here. I got picked on a lot because of my funny accent." Willow sighed and then laughed. "And now look at me, I feel as though I was born here!" She smiled at Saya, hoping that would help her feel more comfortable.

25. Characters in this post:
    Saya listened to what Ms. Willow had to say. She found the story somewhat surprising, seeing as how the woman could easily pass as Italian. She smiled some, feeling a little bit reassured. "Well, I'm pretty glad I'm not a-" she stopped and tried to think of the word she wanted to use. "A... A.. Excuse me... I think the word I'm trying to say is alona?" she asked.

26. Characters in this post:
    Francis, a young man with green hair, walked into the small cafe. He took in a deep breath of the warm smelling air and smiled, the smell of coffee reminding him of the coffee his mother used to make. He strode to the counter where a few woman stood. He leaned on an empty space on the cold marble and looked up at the menu, wondering what was good.

27. Characters in this post:
    Isbael looked up at the sound of someone else coming in. It was a young man. She watched him walk to the counter and lean across it before turning back to Aza. "Look, Miss Aza! I think it's our first customer!" She exclaimed excitedly before standing and going to the counter. "Welcome, Sir!" She greeted him as she walked around the counter to the cashiers side.

28. Characters in this post:
    Francis stared at the menu for a little bit longer, his thoughts escaping from him until a young woman's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. "Huh? Wait what?" he muttered as she turned to look at the girl who had acknowledged him.

29. Characters in this post:
    Isabel smiled kindly and giggled. "I said welcome, Sir," She answered warmly, "Have you decided what you'd like?" She was excited to have their first customer but she was careful to not get loud again. "Miss Willow made some divine muffins and cookies if perhaps you want to sample something?" She looked to Willow to see if that was all right, though she figured that if the young man did try a cookie or something there would be no way he could refuse buying something else. "They're fresh out of the oven too!" She added smiling widely.

30. Characters in this post:
    Francis looked at the cookies and then back at the girl. Suddenly, his stomach growled at him. "Uh.... Sure." he said, putting his hands on the counter. He smiled some at the young woman. "What kind of cookies are they?" he asked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 59