Login to your account

A tale of a Mystic Castle - Closed

You have come to a mysterious castle in your search for adventure. Will you uncover the secrets of castle d'Tamun?......

Tags: adventure, fantasy, modern, mystery

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Closed

Creator: Brook V

Created: 08-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 61 to 85 of 85

1. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner listened carefully to what the elven woman said. At the mention of magic a small frown crept over his face. He didn't believe it it and saw it as trickery, a thing that had caused some conflict with other people on the castle. He shifted through some papers until he found what he was looking for, a note from the head gardener, who complained he didn't had enough help.
    "I see... Fill out this form with your full name, age, gender, social security number, position you seek, medical information, grades etc. Do you got a CV? In that case I would like to look at it," Mr. Turner spoke business like. The woman was interesting. He just hoped Meia wouldn't scold him for running after younger women again. Not that he would do that...

2. Characters in this post:
    'Oh no, I hope I haven’t upset him already.' Taking the form and a pen, Ruana filled it in with careful English lettering. Her penmenship slanted due to growing up writing in a different script but she hoped it was legible enough. 'Ruana Halani Eyther, female, age...uh...101.' Though many humans thought she was 20, Mr. Turner had an elf in his employ so their aging conventions might not be a surprise to him. Ruana would considered a recent adult by her people’s society. She was not sure what a social security number might be so she drew her family crest, a stylized deer and a star. 'Assistant gardener...once broke an arm...excellent marks from my tutor...'

I have no CV,” Ruana said, handing the form back to Mr. Turner. “But I can demonstrate.” She ran a hand through her hair, touching a vine gently and coaxing it to bloom. Just a simple white flower, nothing too showy.

3. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner took the form from Ruana with a smile and cast a quick look on it. The things that stood out was her age and how she had written out the social security number. Another smile went over his face before he looked back at Ruana. As she showed her "CV" he swallowed. He hadn't expected that however his rational brain convinced him it was a trick. However, he didn't understand how it worked.
    "I see..." he replied before putting the form down. He then pointed at the family crest Ruana had drew. "It's a pretty picture... but not a social security number. I don't know what it is actually. You don't got a social security number? You get one from the state, either by birth or when you fill into official documents like insurance," Mr. Turner asked.

4. The content of this post is hidden because you do not have a key for "Worker's quarters"!

5. Characters in this post:
    That is the symbol of my family, the Eyther clan. I grew up in a woodland colony. We used no numbers for identification, but the crest has marked our family for generations.” Ruana answered honestly and with a twinge of embarrassment. Ever since leaving Weyva, her country ways often caused her to stick out in society. She withdrew a wooden pendant from under her collar, the large round charm having the same deer and star branded into it. “But if that is not sufficient, can I get a number here?

6. The content of this post is hidden because you do not have a key for "Worker's quarters"!

7. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner nodded slowly. It made his work a bit more difficult though. He smiled at the woman before answering her concerns.
    "Well, as your people don't use social security number I'll have to leave it empty. If you want one however you need to speak with someone from a state institution. But we don't have to." he replied. Then he picked out a contract and some keys from a drawer. "Sign this contract. These keys goes to almost every place in the castle. I'll hire you temporary and if the head gardener think you do a good work you might get hired permanently, " he explained.

8. The content of this post is hidden because you do not have a key for "Worker's quarters"!

9. Characters in this post:
    Ruana signed the bottom of the contract neatly. “Thank you, sir,” she said, accepting the bunch of keys. They were a bit weighty so she stowed them in her bag rather than around her neck. Bidding the manager a good day, she stepped out of the office and made her way downstairs. Ruana decided that she’d like to see this garden she’d be helping maintain. She waved goodbye to Meia on her way out and headed towards the lobby again.

10. Characters in this post:
    When Ruana stepped into the sunny courtyard, she smiled; having secured a living place and even her first job, she felt she could finally appreciate the island scenery. This was not the first castle she’d inspected, but it was the first inhabited one and the first welcoming faces she’d seen in a while. ‘I don’t think they will find me here either. Hopefully.’ At any rate she pulled her hood up, just in case.

As she walked around the lawn, she spotted a young woman looking into a fountain. Her hair was an interesting bright pink and reminded Ruana of springtime in her village. “Excuse me, but would you happen to know which way to the garden?

11. The content of this post is hidden because you do not have a key for "Worker's quarters"!

12. Characters in this post:
    Mr. Turner sat up and was just about to tell Ruana that she needed to head down to the Worker's Quarters for her ID-card and uniform. The elven woman left however before he got a chance to tell her. He rubbed his eyes and called Meia to ask her to follow Ruana and tell her about it. Meia wasn't all that pleased, she had a lot of work to catch up on after her trip to a sacred elven site but she did as Mr. Turner asked and hurried after Ruana. Her slight limping slowing her down a bit however.

13. Characters in this post:
    High, white granite walls surrounds the castle grounds. The walls still bear marks from ancient battles. A gate of steel leads into the courtyard. The bars which builds up the gate is in a very fine condition without any trace of rust. Strong chains which leads into a tower on each side of the gate reveals that the gate can still be lowered if needed. Inside of the walls lies the courtyard. It consists of a few trees and statues as well as a large fountain. Strangely though water only pours through two of the tree dragon skulls which builds up the top of it. Strange markings also lies around the lowers part of the fountain where the water lands.

Besides the large oak doors which leads into the castle there's also a a passageway to the backside of the castle. The passage lies on the far left. It does not pass through the castle however but lies between the castle and the east tower. By going from the passage you'll come to the Garden.

14. The content of this post is hidden because you do not have a key for "Worker's quarters"!

15. The content of this post is hidden because you do not have a key for "Worker's quarters"!

16. The content of this post is hidden because you do not have a key for "Worker's quarters"!

17. The content of this post is hidden because you do not have a key for "Worker's quarters"!

18. Characters in this post:
    She paused for a while and received no response. Perhaps the elf was not loud enough, or too far away?

"Perhaps I should have asked for a map as well," Ruana thought, turning back to the castle entrance. "Maybe Mrs. Silver is still on duty..."

19. Characters in this post:
    Meia walked out of the castle doors and spotted Ruana by the fountain. She hurried over to the other elf.
    "Miss Eyther, Mr. Turner send me to tell you that you need to go to the worker's quarters to recive your uniform and ID-card," Meia replied just slightly out of breath.

20. Characters in this post:
    Nearby, a lone person stalked about in one of the more dense areas of garden. Hissing under her breath, she silently cursed the villagers of her old town. Sure, she had killed-- what?-- two, maybe three people? So what? They had deserved it...

"Where am I, now?" she muttered, her blue eyes wild as she glanced around. It hadn't been long since she had climbed the gate-- unseen by anyone nearby, she happily noticed-- but in her fear and hurry she hadn't bothered to see where she had ended up. She had been too worried about the hoard of furious villagers to even care about anything besides her own safety.

Her eyes set upon a large, almost condescendingly well-built castle, obviously ancient. Even so, it seemed like somebody kept up the cleaning and gardening. Eyes narrowing in curiosity, she began to walk towards the building, nearly stepping into two people who had been standing in her way. Stepping back, she instantly took on a look of innocence and confusion.

"O-Oh! Sorry! I wasn't paying attention..." she said softly, a small smile-- perfectly calculated-- forming on her lips.

21. Characters in this post:
    Meia looked at the woman who almost collided with her an Ruana. A quick frown went over her face before it turned into a pleasant smile.
    "No harm done. Welcome to hotel Castle d'Tamun. Are you newly arrived?" she asked.

22. Characters in this post:
    "Oh, ah--" Enya hesitated for a second, "Yes Are you the caretaker?"

She wasn't quite sure how this person would react to her presence. Silently praying that the woman wouldn't question exactly how she got in, she put on an expression that she hoped was disarming.

"My name is Enya Kabalt," she said to the two of them cordially, unable to stop herself from glancing worriedly at the gate.

23. Characters in this post:
    "My name is Meia Moondancer. I'm assistant to the hotel manager. If you'd like a room you should speak with Mrs Silver in the reception. Go to the lobby and turn to the left. It's the first door on your left side," Meia explained. She had noticed that the woman had looked behind her and over to the gate. It struck a slight worry in Meia which she couldn't put her finger on. But as the high elven she is, she kept her composure and didn't let her worry show.

24. Characters in this post:
    "I see. Thank you for your help, dear," she replied, forcing a friendly sparkle into her eyes. Without another word, she headed off. Maybe she would go to the reception office, maybe not, but at least she had a chance to explore a little without the suspicion of others.

Her smile melted into a scowl as soon as she was out of sight. Being happy was too... mentally draining.

25. Characters in this post:
    A young woman with blood red hair strode into the reception office, frowning slightly as she looked about her. The whole place was bright and colorful... not her cup of tea.

Gasping a little as she noticed that there was a woman at the desk, she forced her expression into an apologetic and friendly one.

"Oh, hello. I was wondering if I could get a room...?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 61 to 85 of 85