Login to your account

Ardent

Thought to be able to fuel an empire and advance a civilization decades, the Shift Particle is the most sought-after treasure of it's time. Two years ago, the crew of The Ardent took on this job only to meet near destruction at the hands of a rival. Now, they try again.......

Tags: adventure, airship, custom setting, elves, epic, fantasy, freeform, group, magic, pirates, steampunk

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Advanced

New Players: Open

Creator: Eden

Created: 08-02-2011, 05:11 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in Port of An

A colonial river-port across the Vast Sea from Tyrisia.

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Ardent

1. Characters in this post:
    Port of An, Autumn 1131

In the days of old, the port served as the hub of Tyrisian imperialism in the west. In the days of very old, it served as Kerria's grandest city. These days, it's mostly a commercial port. The old Tyrisian universities still litter the city's coastline, usually tucked away from views of the sea but a grand sight when approaching the air, as the Ardent does today. The ship coasts in to one of the more trusty refueling docks, a re-purposed church and lighthouse which now serves as a resting place for airships bound to the north. The docks are small, and largely private: there's some shops and inns along the cobblestone road parallel to the docks, and a bridge over the grand waterfall which connects the little outpost to the rest of the city. But the stop is planned to be a quick one, and most of the crew won't experience anything of the city besides the roar of the massive waterfalls lining it, and the telltale street babble echoing over its rocks.

2. Characters in this post:
    Two tiny figures slink off the deck of the Ardent, slipping through the little crowd that's sprouted up to view the awe-inspiring ship. Yes, yes, seen it all before. The ironwood beauty usually gave her pause--and should have, given the way the Kerrian rapids had such a way of forming frothing mists about the ship's base--but today, Cas had plans. Oh, she had plans.

Smoothing down the loose almost-curls around her ears and making sure they were as visible as possible, Cas turned to the younger--well, older--girl as she adjusted her bodice in such a way that would make her chest 'pop' just a little better. This really couldn't fail. Could it?

"Alright, you remember the plan? Just look cute and ask for treats. Or dance, or something. This'll work, I promise you."

And so Cas set about the task of slipping her fingers in every little cloth-opening on the passersby, their hands and eyes and attentions straying from their wallets to focus on one of the two lovely visages before them. The elf smiling and faux-fawning over each one of them in turn.

3. Characters in this post:
    Abida grins and nods. "I know songs." She twitters a girlish giggle, spinning on her toes awkwardly, one hand on the hem of her dress, the other on the brim of her hat. She sways her little bottom back and forth, looking a bit wiggly, the dimples on her cheeks a sign of her enthusiasm. "I saw a man do this New Athlas... he got lots of coins from people." Her grin stretches into a broad smile.

She begins to clap her hands together and starts to sing. Her voice is a bit off key, but the girl's voice is sweet, like any child's tends to be.

In winter I get up at night,
    And dress by yellow candle light.
    In summer quite the other way,
    I have to go to bed by day,
    To go to bed by day,
    To go to bed by day.

As she sings the first verse, she claps her hands together in time. She hops from one foot to the other in a little dance as she sways her hips, making her dress brush against her knees.

I have to go to bed and see
    The birds still hopping on the tree,
    Or hear the grown up people's feet
    Still going past me in the street,
    Past me in the street,
    Past me in the street.

With this verse, she takes off her hat and sways it from side to side in front of her, making up the dance as she goes along. She hops on her toes and moves from side to side.

And does it not seem hard to you,
    When all the sky is clear and blue,
    And I should like so much to play,
    To have to go to bed by day?
    To go to bed by day?
    To go to bed by day?

She grins as she finishes her song. Holding her hat out to any passers by that happen to stop and listen.

4. Characters in this post:
    Before Deryn could even step foot off the deck she was almost knocked back by the sudden shuffling bodies of Cas and the child she saw earlier. "Hey!" With not much of a regard it seemed her friend had found another playmate. Where were they off to in such a rush, huh?

Rushing off the deck as well she followed with intrigue, her boots slapping against the wooden dock. But it wasn't long before her attention was snapped back by the sites surrounding her. If she didn't feel like dwarfed by everything already, this was certainly the place to make her feel even smaller. Glancing back at the flowing water she looked off into the serene distance.

It wasn't long before she heard the far off charming voice of a little girl, walking back in the direction of the street she saw what she should have expected in the first place. If it wasn't Cas and the cute little child dancing about the streets. "What are those two up to?" A smirk appeared on her face as she watched them not too far away.

Posts 1 to 4 of 4