Login to your account

Just Another Day At The Office

Shocking industries is a name that you hear all over the place. It is one of the biggest manufacturers of electronic fashion in the world. You hear that there are a few new job opportunities are available at the companies headquarters at your town. You apply and are accepted, little did you know the things that go on around this office. Come join in on the odd happenings at Shocking industries where anything can happen.......

Tags: anotherdayattheoffice, boss, office, shockingzelda, weird, work

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: shockingzelda

Created: 09-02-2012, 09:12 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 42

1. Characters in this post:
    Sofia Lorton was walking down the street one day after deciding to leave the psychiatric hospital she owned to try something new. She just so happened to walk past Shocking Ind. and saw a HELP WANTED sign. She decided that this would be a great job for her, though she has no experience in this field. She took the sign and decided to walk to what seemed like the bosses office.

"Um... Hello?" Sofia said to the secretary at the desk,"I am here to apply for the position you guys posted," She noticed the girls blonde hair which looked quite beautiful. She looked young to her, though looks can be deceiving. She also noticed her green eyes which made the whole look of the woman good. No homo... she thought to herself.

2. Characters in this post:
    Cold sweeping eyes stared out from behind a man's glasses as he walked into the room. The blonde woman at the desk was sitting there, being pretty as usual, when a pink haired woman walked in with a soft voice and a request for a job.

He simply sighed and walked across the lobby again, to get to his closet office. He opened the door with a sharp exhale before leaving it open. He stormed to his chair and started to arrange the things that were dropped off at his desk.

"Damn idiots." he murmured under his breath. "Don't know how to organize papers." He restacked them in a small bin before spinning around in his chair to look at the whiteboard he installed into the wall. On it was notes for shipments and other things, and he started to add more things to it.

The room was no bigger then the average janitor's closet (it actually was one, until he was given permission to reinvent it, since he had to do many different jobs) with not a lot of walking space. The desk was wedges between two walls, which was the width of the room and had a few paintings here and there that he did.

Again, a sigh left his lips as he recapped the pen and sat down once again. He turned on his computer and as he waited for it to boot, he tapped the pen against his leg. Oh, how this man was impatient.

3. Characters in this post:
    Liz waved to Len as he passed, without looking up twice or saying anything. He needed no words, he knows what she means by a freakin wave.
    Someone walked into the door, a woman with pink hair. Liz eyed the woman, sizing her up, while the woman did the same to her. The routine between females was natural to her, even though it was not necesary. "You're looking for a job? Have you filled out the paperwork already, or do you need a copy first?" Her eyes spoke of intelligence, but her pink hair did not.

4. Characters in this post:
    "No miss," she said to the woman,"I need the paperwork please," She was glad that she was being sized up by someone she didn't know, meant that she was getting looks. She was studying the way she was acting, trying to use her gained knowledge of human psychology to see what this girl was like.

5. Characters in this post:
    Elizabeth nodded, and handed the woman the paperwork she wanted. It was fairly small compared to most large company job application forms, but it was all they needed. "If you don't mind, may I ask your name?" They needed the help badly, and this woman seemed fairly intelligent. Liz would like to get to know the woman she may be working with soon. That and Liz liked meeting new people.

6. Characters in this post:
    "Gah, Ms.Orihara!" Len called from his office. "You left your book in my office again." The blonde haired man came out of his office and then into Liz's holding the little book that he had given her in the past. He didn't give the pink haired woman a second look, but then dropped the book on the desk.

"I gave that to you, remember? You need not to bring it back to me, only to clutter up my desk." he sighed and ran a hand though his bangs before shaking his head.

"And now I will excuse myself." he turned and started out the door.

7. Characters in this post:
    Sofia took the papers got out her pen from the mental hospital she owned, and quickly filled it out, probably took only about two minutes to sign it. She heard the girl ask her name and she answered in a nice tone of voice,"Lorton... Sofia Lorton. What's your name?" She had finished the paperwork and saw some man come walking up and putting a book on the ladies desk. "So you are Ms. Orihara I presume?" she said to the woman. She laughed quietly to herself, trying not to look rude. The man that had just past her seemed very grouchy, like he had never been happy in his life. She knew better than to judge people, he probably had some joy in his heart.... if he has a heart.

8. Characters in this post:
    Liz sighed and spoke, holding the book up and gesturing with it "I told you, I don't have room on my ever growing bookshelf for this piece of- excuse me, I'm busy here Len."
    Liz turned to Ms Sofia Lorton and said, "Yes, my name is Orihara. Nice to meet you, Ms Lorton." She held out a hand to shake.

9. Characters in this post:
    She gladly shook the hand that hand been held to her. "Nice to meet you too Ms. Orihara," she said,"So, do I give the paperwork to you or what?" She was used to doing the hiring being the hired,so she had little experience in this. She was real excited to try out for this job. It could be fun...she told herself.

10. Characters in this post:
    Liz met Ms Lorton's eyes and nodded, "Yes, return the file to me and I'll transfer it to the right higher ups. I hope to see you working with us in the future." She swiveled her chair to face her monitor once again, reviewing and managing.

11. Characters in this post:
    A groan left Len's throat again. "DAMMIT!" he roared, terribly upset. He glared around his office, searching the walls for a piece of paper that he was sure that he had tacked up there. His whole essence seethed with anger, and the air seemed to be thick enough to cut with a knife.

12. Characters in this post:
    Liz resisted the urger to either run into her peer's office and yell, or groan and put her head in her hands. He was quite the negative addition to their company, and some days Liz wanted to punch him in the face, whether it got her fired or not.
    "Please excuse him, It's not his best day," Elizabeth explained, a show of patience and authority.

13. Characters in this post:
    "It's okay," the girl said,"I have seen worse... A whole lot worse actually," She chuckled at the thought of some of the more aggressive insane people she had seen at her asylum.
    The woman heard lots of noises outside her office and decided to go out and take a look. She jumped out her office door and surprised the hell out of everybody. "Whats happenin bitches?" She saw a girl she had never seen before that had pink hair and looked kinda good looking. She walked over to Elizabeth and whispered,"Daaaammmnnn she is fine! Is she applying for a job here? I hope so because that booty is like A- wait for it..... mazing," she liked to be over the top when it came to social interaction. You soon knew that the boss was someone fun to be around at this office.

14. Characters in this post:
    Elizabeth chuckled and slight dashes of pink came up into her cheeks. Her irritation vanished at the boss'es 'A... wait for it... mazing' addressment of the new girl. She was tempted to join in joking about the amazing butt having entered her office, but chose a route that was more likely to attract the new girl.
    "Gum?" She held out hands to the new girl, and the boss, holding a piece of neon green mint gum in each.

15. Characters in this post:
    She saw the gum and decided it looked good. "Thank you!" she said to the blonde. She took the gum thankfully and started chew on it.
    The boss saw the gum and said,"Oh boy! I love this stuff!" She grabbed the gum and did a threw it in the air and swallowed it. She neglected to remember to take off the rapper when she did this. She sighed a relief of awesome. "That is the stuff man. I don't know where you get that but I can't ever find it. Might be because I never leave this place. I live here, my house is the top five floors," She turned her attention to the pink-haired girl and said,"Hey, you applying for a job?"
    "Umm.. Yes. Yes I am." She tried to not sound too nervous but not too calm at the same time.
    "You're hired," she said to the girl. "Youi start work tomorrow morning. You will be here at seven in the morning bright eyed and bushy tailed. You will then get shown the ropes by Len," she turned her gaze towards Len."LEN YOU ARE COMING IN EARLY TOMMOROW TO SHOW THE NEW GIRL THE ROPES! YOU WILL GET PAID OVERTIME!" she turned her head back to the girl,"Any questions?"
    "No,"
    "Good, see you tomorrow!"

16. Characters in this post:
    "Erm... Hi, I'm the intern?" Lisa said as she reached the front desk

17. Characters in this post:
    Liz grinned and nodded at her boss and the officially hired employee. Getting up from her desk chair, she handed the employee's file to her boss, then sassily walked from her desk to the lobby.

18. Characters in this post:
    Elizabeth stepped in ungracefully, looking like she had stumbled over an invisible rock on the floor. Her cell phone slipped from the crevice of her cleavage, a good place to put it without a bulge in her pockets, and onto the floor, the back cover coming off and battery somehow slipping loose.
    "Ooops!" Quickly, she knelt to the floor to pick it up, muttering colorful and unladylike curses at the shiny, slippery device.

19. Characters in this post:
    "Hello." Lisa said "Quite a colorful language you got there." She smiled and helped her up.

20. Characters in this post:
    Liz grinned lopsidedly and accepted the woman's help with a bit more etiquette.
    "Inherited it from my father, among other things." Liz said, nodding at the woman in thanks. She slipped her phone into her button-up shirt, blushing a little as she buttoned the top few buttons.
    "Thanks for the help. I'm Liz, who are you?" Elizabeth smiled cheerfully and held out her hand to shake.

21. Characters in this post:
    "Lisa. she smiled and shook Liz's hand "Don't worry, I'm used to bad language. I just wanted to make a witty comment that way I'd be less like the new person and more like the Bob, and do not ask about the bob. One thing you should now is that EVERY office has a Bob." She said "Hey, where do I go? I'm new here....

22. Characters in this post:
    "She's my intern!" Len called from his office, he peeked his head out to see what was going on before he stepped out.

"I believe I was the only one that filled out the intern training paperwork crap. That's why I can't TAKE ON ANY MORE TRAINEES." he yelled the latter, hoping that his boss would hear him before he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Or so I think."

Again, he sighed.

Anyway, I'm Len Meis. Tech guy and supply manager."

23. Characters in this post:
    "Hi I'm Lisa Lewis... It seems you're the only one that does work around here.... She noted considering his recent comments. "Well, what do I do?" She smiled ready to work.

24. Characters in this post:
    "The new girl seems professional and nice. Maybe a bit to nice. The boss'll loosen her up," She bit her lip slightly and narrowed her eyes, "She has to have a weak spot somewhere. A sensitive scar, bad memory. It should just take some getting to know her..."
    Liz nodded in silent approval at Len, at the right angle which she hoped the new intern, Lisa, couldn't see. She turned a bit, then pulled two sticks of gum from the shallow, hidden pocket of her blouse. "Would you like a piece?" Offering the two pieces to Len and Lisa, she adjusted her fingers to splay the two pieces apart.

25. Characters in this post:
    "Sure." Lisa picked up a piece of gum "Thank you!" She said happily.

26. Characters in this post:
    "Sure." Lisa picked up a piece of gum "Thank you!" She said happily.

27. Characters in this post:
    Len nodded his head and took the piece gratefully, unwrapping it in one swift motion and popping it into his mouth. He looked over at Lisa and tilted his head some.

"You'll be helping me with installing the new systems that our new employees got. The idiots who ordered the stuff without me knowing, ordered it without the product key or the software, and they just sent it in after I fussed at their asses." he sighed.

"So really, this week we'll just be filling out paperwork for those who need the computers and installing the software. Your workstation is in the same office as mine and at the moment it is rather bare, given the assigned laptop."

28. Characters in this post:
    "Okay! Where is that though?" She asked not knowing this building at all.

29. Characters in this post:
    Len pointed in the direction behind him, towards what used to be the janitor's closet. The room was pretty big, enough for two or three people to work comfortably. Len's desk lined the main side though, with one other desk on the opposite wall. Even with the door slightly open, someone could see papers hung up all over the walls and many stacks of other papers.

30. Characters in this post:
    "Awesome." She said and walked in the room "It's the attack of the demon papers." She said jokingly noticing how much paper was there. "Oh well." she said quietly, she put her bag down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 42