Login to your account

Ready for improvement?

A roleplay made to help those that feel they could stand to be better.......

Tags: beginner, learn, tutorial

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Misaru

Created: 06-01-2012, 06:14 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in Notes!

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

1. Characters in this post:
    Okay people! A little thing for you to look at!

These are just things I personally find are common ground in rp.
    These are things you should try to abide by.

Do!
    Lose yourself in the character. Become them. Feel how they feel. It makes it easier to write descriptively.
    Post in the OOC! Get to know your fellow players!
    Try to interact with others! There is not fun when characters just wait for others to talk to them.
    Be creative! Try new things and think outside the box.
    Take your time, no one likes a rushed post.
    Dedicate! Make sure not to forget about a game or lose interest.
    Fill it with description!

“He walked to the store to get himself some bacon”
    Can become
    “He had to go to the store, his stomach was in agony. He had the craving for some bacon, it had been on his mind for a while now. As he grabbed his keys, his growling stomach reminded him of the fact he hadn't eaten today.”

This way, we know more about your character!

Don't!
    Never try to control someone else's character without permission. You do not know how they feel.
    (This is debatable.) Don't use action marks! Use quotes, as they make you write in third person. This is more preferred.
    Never play a role you can't get into. This will always end bad.
    Never post without reading it first. You might have mistakes or could improve parts.
    Length is not everything. I know I said add detail but don't go overboard unless it is needed.

2. Characters in this post:
    When you join someones game on WTF here are some things that should be done.

1. Read all information you are given. Understanding the setting is important.
    2. Understand restrictions. No one likes it when a character uses ALL TEH POWERS right off the bat. Give your character room to devlop.
    3. Always listen to the GM. It is their game. If it seems unfair, talk to them in OOC or private. They may explain why. It could be fore plot points.
    4. Never control the game. It is not your job. Sure, state things. But when told that a race is extinct in the game, it can be annoying if someone posts and says “Hey, I am from that race.” That is called game breaking. If you want to do stuff like that, you talk to the GM. They may let you. But never assume.
    5. Understand the difference between writer and character. A writer may say: (Jimmy felt that the world would end, but said nothing about it. “Everything will be fine!”) The last thing anyone wants to see is: (“I can tell you think the world is ending.”) You, The writer may know what someone is thinking, or if a trap is ahead, but your character does not. Make sure to know that.

More than likely more to come.

3. Characters in this post:
    STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING. TAKE A SIP OF AWESOME AND GET READY FOR CHANGE.

Or something... Coffee. Maybe had a bit too much!

Anyway. I have set up this thing and it is a nightmare for some. I mean... Teachers are afraid to post in case they step on others toes. The structure is so ballz.

So I have had a few suggestions. They are all up for debate.

This is highly likely to go ahead and happen less someone has a problem with it

1. The rooms will now change into the name teacher. That means the students go to the teacher instead of all teachers going to all students. This way might be more effective.

Pros that I can see:
    Teachers will know who actually wants their help.
    Students will get less comments from everyone and can focus on one set of notes.
    This gives people a chance to work on their own ways of teaching but I do recommend starting off with random scenarios, this idea seems to be popular to test them.

Cons I can see:
    One room for a teacher will make all students post in one area (Counter could be sub rooms for each Teachers students?)
    Students only get one persons view. (Counter could be that they can sign up to more than one teacher?)
    Teachers would have trouble signing up to learn. (I donno... Open a Student room for that teacher in another teachers room?)
    Students might not know who to go for. (Jing had a GREAT idea for this and will be posted a little further down. Xavi has a good one if a student wants us to pick for them.)

So as you can see, for the cons of it all, seems I have a few ideas for counter acting it.
    Throw some opinions up, please! I wanna hear some on this matter.

NEXT!

2. Our lovely teachers will submit a blurb about who they are, what they are good at, what they can bring to help... That jazz. Also they will give examples. This will help em decide if they are good enough to teach or even help students see what that person can do for them. I see no cons to this.

Again. Opinions.

3. So! This one involves a second OOC. There will be a bog standard form submitted by students filling in what they want to gain and other things. It will let us get to know them a little and also we can gauge ability.

Broken record here but... OPINIONS.

4. Well I was told maybe to throw in a student area or teachers discussion lounge... I am not too sure about this. I mean... Mass PM's work well for talking between teachers, but I donno what you guys think. Personally I think it is messy. But if you guys think a room for teachers just to talk about things will be helpful I will throw it in. And if the students want like a sandbox rp room to derp about then I shall throw that in too.

BOOM. Had an idea. If we did have a derp room I could also make a chaotic derp room. Where anyone could post, anyone could comment or criticize. Of course it would mostly be fun. I am pretty sure we would get some crazy in there.

OPINEYAWNS.

Last off...

5. Is everyone OKAY with the random scenario idea? I mean... I have had positive reaction to it so far but I donno if anyone thinks it is dumb. Holla. HOLLA.

That is the ideas. Feel free to post in the OOC or PM with opinions. I will post this both in notes and OOC. Thanks for reading and I hope this gets things rolling right!

Posts 1 to 3 of 3