Login to your account

Ready for improvement?

A roleplay made to help those that feel they could stand to be better.......

Tags: beginner, learn, tutorial

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Misaru

Created: 06-01-2012, 06:14 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
  1. Characters in this post:
    It was the bright beginning of any normal voyage to Madagascar- if you don't count the heavy sea storms. Anne had been studying abroad, but someway, somehow, it was shifted to the peace core- and Madagascar needed her. She had been sea sick for about 2 months in a row, the crashing green waves and constant rains-not to mention the putrid smell of fish- tore her stomach to shreds. And because of this, her once full body became frail.

Anne glided slowly down the iron stairways, and through corridors, bumping constantly onto dingy walls while on the way to the nurses office in the ship. Her pale skin was shaded lightly green and her large eyes looked desperate for solid land. "Nurse...'' she barely managed to mumble the word. A sharp rock of the ship tossed Anne to the floor and had her cringe in pain. Her stomach had been empty for three days and her sea sickness made it do hollow flips.

Frantic voices were heard ahead. They worry too much, Anne assumed. The voices came closer.

"Get the life boat!"

"It's the Gorilla's!"

"Grab the life jackets!"

The voices went on and on as they came closer. Steadily crew-men approached Anne. One picked her up.

"You daft girl," the man said. He was a ginger, tall with broad shoulders, and had a noticeable English accent. "We have no time to be lying about! We've been shot by Rebels." He carried Anne's body back up the metal stairs and into the monsoon. It crossed Anne's mind that maybe the man didn't realize how ill she was and that she wasn't just lying about, wasting the rainy day away. People gathered from all over the ship. Once again the ship sharply rocked in unison to a loud Crack!. The captains hole was on fire. "Hurry!" The Englishman wailed. He wasted no time tossing Anne into another mans arms while he pushed through the rain to get to the end of the ship where a medium sized life boat waited, swinging in the hurling wind.

Whomever was holding Anne was clumsy and much smaller. He bumped her constantly against railing that blocked them from the deep blue sea. It was painful. Anne would have removed herself from this mans arms but for some reason she was immobile; her muscles were tense and locked. And her bones seemed to weigh too much for her to handle. Was this fear?

One again Anne was tossed. She landed once more into the Englishman's arms whom laid her down towards the edge of the lifeboat. Many other people piled in, possibly ten more. All of these people were of assorted nationalities and genders but they all seemed to have the same frantic expression. Again a loud crack emitted from a nearby distance. The captains hole parted from the ship and crashed into the sea. The middle of the industrial ship was exposed to air, set aflame, and ready to split in half. The lifeboat swung high into the air. People hung on for dear life, some even fell to their death into the sea before the life boat came back, crashing onto the side of the ship. The life boat dented near Anne's cranium.

"Cut the ropes!" The Englishman screamed. He was able, miraculously, to hang onto the ship when the life boat departed before returning again for him to board. He jumped into the life boat and sat over Anne's body on a vench hovering above her head. A man and a woman sliced the rope. The ship split in half and began sinking at a rapid rate. The life boat dropped onto the ocean. A crack echoed into the air once more. The nose of the ship blew from its body and came hurling towards the lifeboat.

People wailed and nose dived off the boat. But Anne didn't. Desperate wails were heard from the surface as Anne sunk.

Anne's body was heavy once she awoke. She was matted with sand and her right ankle was swollen beyond belief. Scattered about her were remnants of the industrial ship and small bits of the life boat. Navy survival training taught her to stay with the wreck incase help came; but for some reason impulse told her to do the opposite; follow the chirping behind her. Anne rolled to her stomach then lurched onto her knees. Slowly, she pulled herself up and balanced on her left foot. Timidly she dragged herself from the sandy beach and into the dense jungle ahead.

Hours and hours Anne limped. Over the period of time she walked she managed to find a large twig. And over the period of time she became more and more worried. It was nearing night, and a lot of things creep around when night falls; her ankle turned blue which allowed Anne to figure her Achilles heel was torn; and Anne morally, Anne was destroyed.

"Someone," she whispered hoarsely, "help me."

2. Characters in this post:
    STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING. TAKE A SIP OF AWESOME AND GET READY FOR CHANGE.

Or something... Coffee. Maybe had a bit too much!

Anyway. I have set up this thing and it is a nightmare for some. I mean... Teachers are afraid to post in case they step on others toes. The structure is so ballz.

So I have had a few suggestions. They are all up for debate.

This is highly likely to go ahead and happen less someone has a problem with it

1. The rooms will now change into the name teacher. That means the students go to the teacher instead of all teachers going to all students. This way might be more effective.

Pros that I can see:
    Teachers will know who actually wants their help.
    Students will get less comments from everyone and can focus on one set of notes.
    This gives people a chance to work on their own ways of teaching but I do recommend starting off with random scenarios, this idea seems to be popular to test them.

Cons I can see:
    One room for a teacher will make all students post in one area (Counter could be sub rooms for each Teachers students?)
    Students only get one persons view. (Counter could be that they can sign up to more than one teacher?)
    Teachers would have trouble signing up to learn. (I donno... Open a Student room for that teacher in another teachers room?)
    Students might not know who to go for. (Jing had a GREAT idea for this and will be posted a little further down. Xavi has a good one if a student wants us to pick for them.)

So as you can see, for the cons of it all, seems I have a few ideas for counter acting it.
    Throw some opinions up, please! I wanna hear some on this matter.

NEXT!

2. Our lovely teachers will submit a blurb about who they are, what they are good at, what they can bring to help... That jazz. Also they will give examples. This will help em decide if they are good enough to teach or even help students see what that person can do for them. I see no cons to this.

Again. Opinions.

3. So! This one involves a second OOC. There will be a bog standard form submitted by students filling in what they want to gain and other things. It will let us get to know them a little and also we can gauge ability.

Broken record here but... OPINIONS.

4. Well I was told maybe to throw in a student area or teachers discussion lounge... I am not too sure about this. I mean... Mass PM's work well for talking between teachers, but I donno what you guys think. Personally I think it is messy. But if you guys think a room for teachers just to talk about things will be helpful I will throw it in. And if the students want like a sandbox rp room to derp about then I shall throw that in too.

BOOM. Had an idea. If we did have a derp room I could also make a chaotic derp room. Where anyone could post, anyone could comment or criticize. Of course it would mostly be fun. I am pretty sure we would get some crazy in there.

OPINEYAWNS.

Last off...

5. Is everyone OKAY with the random scenario idea? I mean... I have had positive reaction to it so far but I donno if anyone thinks it is dumb. Holla. HOLLA.

That is the ideas. Feel free to post in the OOC or PM with opinions. I will post this both in notes and OOC. Thanks for reading and I hope this gets things rolling right!

3. Characters in this post:
    Yoooo~ Xavi-sensei here! Didn't want you to think anyone forgot about you so I'm swinging by to give you a new scenario since I would feel awkward playing Kerth.

So your new setting is… a jungle. You're lost and, right now, you think you're alone. Yes, I'm making YOU post first. Most people hate introductory posts so I thought this would be a nice way to see how you do. :] Now, you'll need some setup information.

Jungle. Lost. Hell of a lot of trees. And… wait for it… it's nearing nightfall. You might have an hour left before darkness blankets the earth. Oh, and because I'm in a giving mood, you don't have a flashlight. XD

You've heard rumors that there are tribal people living in the jungle, but you've yet to see anyone. Hell, you haven't even heard anything, save for the birds and the frogs.

I think that's a vague enough setup. :P Now, let your imagination and fingers get to work! Once you make a post, I'll let you know my thoughts on it and we can make onward with the story. I'm curious to see how you'll end your reply. VERY curious.
    OOC // Looking forward to your intro post!

4. Characters in this post:
    Her boots make a faint crunch with each step as Sonya trudges through the snow. She hugs herself tightly in attempt to stay warm, but due to her thick, brown jacket along with another lighter jacket underneath and a long sleeve shirt, her arms do not wrap around her as far as they usually do. Only the parts of her hair falling down next to her prominent cheek bones is visible; the rest disappears in the hood of her jacket.

She fixes her eyes on Kerth who is accompanying her this trip to the woods. Despite the small town she has lived in most of her life, Sonya has never seen Kerth until her father introduced him to her a few days before. She stiffens a bit as Kerth moves closer and lays a hand on her shoulder. Though she is tempted to move away, but she does not want to be rude. She pretends to not be aware of his hand on her shoulder and keeps her eyes straight ahead. Even the slightest intimacy with someone she does not know makes her feel awkward. Her shoulders relax when he takes his hand off.

Clearing her thoughts with a slight shake of her head, she begins to speak, hoping her voice does not crack, "Yeah, I'm prepared." Her eyes fall down to her duffel bag that is slung over her shoulder. It dangles beside her waist. She pushes up her glasses only for them to fall down again before she speaks, "I'm not too good--actually, I'm terrible with aiming or coordination. So, I just packed traps for deer or maybe foxes and wolves. I have snares and leg traps. Also, some rope just in case"

She gulps. Her voice was beginning to shake, maybe from the cold, "For bait, I could only find some left over corn and syrup--oh, and salt blocks that were for the horses. I think the salt blocks will surely draw in deer." She takes a deep breath and sighs, blowing a visible breath. Her face is numb, making it difficult to speak. She has to make an extra effort to move her lips as if a wax mask is glued to her face. Her nose wrinkle and her eyes squint to push up her glasses as she looks back up at Kerth, "I was thinking we could stake out in one place and set out the bait? Maybe climb a tree to avoid the boars." Not wanting to seem demanding she adds, "I-I mean that's just a suggestion. Whatever you think is best."

5. Characters in this post:
    Well, I've been Roleplaying since. . awhile, and I'm fond of writing fictional diary excerpts and short stories. . I mainly want to expand my writing style. And I haven't actually Roleplayed in months, so I fear I'm rusty. Most'f my posts are kept short and to the point, but that's not really a bad thing (right?).#.# And progressing in story, I'unno, I usually follow a lead; I don't stir action, I usually rely on someone else to do so.
    "Cram it," she hissed. His comments made her burn inside. Just one good whack; one good hit and she'd be OK. But Anne couldn't stay rueful of her younger brother. Kerth had more experience than her when it came to some things, and hunting was one. Amateur hour really showed when Kerth had to hand over some of his wrappings and weapons that she infact forgot, instead of simply not wanting to carry anything.

It seemed as though Anne took her time equipping the items given to her. It was once she wrapped the scabbard with the blade around her waist that she heard rustling from the brush ahead of them. At first she was bemused. . Maybe it was the wind? Anne squatted and listened momentarily. The rustling continued. An animal perhaps? She had to find out, Anne liked animals.

"Too late to get into the trees now," she whispered. Amusement crept across her lips as she smirked. Anne began to skulk closer and closer to the noise emitting from the distance. The small hand axe Kerth gave to Anne danced quietly between her fingers.

6. Characters in this post:
    "A-are we likely to get separated?" He was obviously unnerved by the idea. He held the quiver loosely, confused and scared. No. He would be brave. He would show Kerth how strong he was!

He grunted in a way he determined as manly and followed close behind Kerth, the man's red hair a bright beacon to follow in this sea of snow. When he turned around, he gasped, surprised. The rattling of the bush saved him of his embarrassment.

It continued to shake and rattle. Thor, wide eyed and unsure what to do, dropped his quiver, spilling all of Kerth's arrows.

He quickly dropped to the ground and tried to gather them back up. By the time he was finished, Kerth was gone.

"Kerth? K-kerth? This isn't funny! You can't scare me, I know you're just pulling a prank!"

He lingered a few moments, then ran off in the direction they were originally heading, leaving Kerth in the brush.

He'd show that prankster. He'd nab a buck and then Kerth would have to say he was cool or something. He couldn't help but grin as he imagined notching an arrow through the ribs of a deer.

7. Characters in this post:
    You, have done wonderfully. I have insight to how you feel, what you want and a direct path to respond. As this is early on, I plan to keep it simple, but you have wrote a great post in response. What exactly is it you looking for to expand on in roleplaying?

I can see you were capable of writing. I know this early on it is not vital but how are you at progressing stories?

Alas, Kerth had the feeling that he would soon see his sisters scornful gaze. At least before the day was done. Kerth looked over Anne and let out a large sigh. “You think I am reckless, yet here you are with absolutely no protection and to top that you are dressed like it is mid-summer! Must I always baby my wittle sister?” A grin came to him as he said this. No doubt this would throw her into a bit of a tantrum. Despite being younger, Kerth often acted like he was the eldest. Only when it suited him however. Other times he would play the lazy little brother.

He gaze her a serious glare, his hazel eyes peering deep into her. “Hunt a boar... Are you kidding me?” His face contorted from his usually carefree demeanor. Now he had a scowl on his tanned face. “Look, you don't even have a weapon on you yet! And you talk about boars... Father would have my head if you were to be in any harm. You hear anything like a boar and you get the hell out of the way, you hear me?” He was unsure if this was anger or worry for his sibling but she seemed to be acting so foolish.

With another hefty sigh Kerth inhaled some of the frigid air as he pulled a small hand axe out of a holster on his belt. He had mother sew it on a few nights ago. “Here... If you trap something, or if you can throw it hard enough... Should take a beast down. I have a short blade spare too, but I don't really want you getting that close.” Reluctantly he handed her the axe and a scabbard with the blade in it. It would fit easy on her waist or back. This way if something did get too close, she would be able to fend for herself. This did however leave Kerth with a bow and a short blade for skinning the bounty.

He had some bait for creatures in his bag so setting up traps would be possible. He glared at Anne once more. She looked frozen. “Ugh... Here.” With a few grunts he pulled an arm out of his heavy leather coat. His gloves made this difficult to do so they came off too. After a moment. He pulled off the other arm, tossing it over to her. “Take it... I wore enough layers. Plus the gloves will mess up my shots anyway.” His eyes looked away from her as he studied the forest ahead. So much for an easy hunting trip. He had left himself in a long woolen top, white with marks from labor. Under it was a hardened leather shell that spanned his chest and waist.

“I am gonna climb a tree, see if I see anything. If I do, I will yell on you and you can run out and whack it one, okay? Unless you can think of any...” Rustling came from the forest ahead. Small amount of noises but enough to be a meal.

8. Characters in this post:
    This post gives more into Thor and what he wants. This post is still in the waiting phase. You still have little prompts, but it is fine. You have one or two that can be worked with. As Strude rightly said, if you add more actions, get other players more involved then it does greatly help the game. It gives people more to write about and makes your own posts more substantial.

I find that it is about getting a balance. A post with five hundred actions is nonsense and a post with nothing but detail of feelings and whatnot is also nonsense. You need to do actions with a good description, for clarity.

To quote Strude again, as time goes on you develop a sense of what to include and what not to include. Sometimes noting on things is not needed if it has been covered enough in previous posts. Your post covered enough of what has been covered, gave your characters feelings a little more so that is good going. As I say you could puff it out with some descriptive actions but that is what you will learn! Good work so far.
    Kerth can only glance at the cart that Thor had ran back to for a moment. Seems he was getting his gear together. The male seemed rather eager to get started, to do well. “I am sure you won't let me down. But if we see the boars it might be a little too late. Try to keep an ear out for them, righty?” He gave Thor a thumbs up as he glanced into the forest. Kerth knew the basics of the beasts that roamed the forest but rumors of many strange creatures loomed in the back of his mind.

This would not push Kerth off getting some feed. Nono! Rumors won't weaken his resolve. He takes a moment to listen to the sounds of the forest. Rustling, but it sounds more like the wind than any form of prey. “One think Kid, if we get separated from each other... Find your way back to the cart. Should be easy enough to find. We should be the only two leaving boot prints.” He gave him a nod picturing little Thor screaming at the boars. No doubt panicking at the idea. 'I sure hope he is ready for this...' Kerth thought to himself as he started to enter the forest. His feet were unstable on the frosted rocks that were hidden under the snow. Hopefully the forest floor would be less slippery than the entrance.

He glanced back to make sure that Thor was still on his tail and not running for the hills. Suddenly a loud grumbling came from behind a thicket. It was so dense that seeing through it was near impossible. Kerth jumped back at the sudden sound ash he gripped his make shift spear with both hand and pulled it to his defense, his hands shaking with uncertainty, expecting something to pounce at him.

But no such thing happened. He stood there, his hands shaking slightly, with no climatic attack. “... I guess... It is friendly. Well... Whatever it is, I am sure it can be eaten.” With that he pushed his way past the leaves and bushes to find the source leaving Thor on his lonesome.

9. Characters in this post:

Ryuu shivered as bitingly cold wind cut into his exposed skin—he should have worn that parka. He should have listened to his mother, but, well, the parka had been old, dusty, and smelled like dirty socks. Not very conducive for girl-getting.

Not that they were going to be doing any "girl-getting."

"When you said we were gonna go get some tails, I thought you meant girls, not actual fucking tails. Shit." Ryuu wrapped his arms tighter around his body as another gust of wind slammed into him, making his flimsy jacket virtually useless. This was not how he had imagined the trip.

But, then again, exactly what had he been hoping for? A beach party? Kerth had mentioned something about getting food and things. But, well, in Ryuu's defense, Kerth had been spouting this nonsense while Ryuu was drunk. Ryuu would agree to anything while drunk.

Shrugging away Kerth's touch, Ryuu took a few steps forward. The snow was still soft and flakes of it caked the bottom of his shoes, crusting over dirt. At least he had had the common decency to lace up a pair of snow shoes.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll set up a trap or something." He squinted to see into the thick of the forest. The trees grew in dense, collected groves and Ryuu, secretly, trembled at the thought of encountering scary, unpleasant monsters. He had heard about the dangers of the forests. All the kids have, but Ryuu had always been the one who laughed at the stories and teased the other kids for being scared.

Truth is, Ryuu, at the moment, was about to shit his pants.

"Or I can be look out," he offered, shrugging nonchalantly. He kicked at the snow, shoved his hands deep into his pockets, and did his best to appear indifferent. If he played his cards right, he wouldn't have to set foot into that spooky place. "It doesn't really—"

Howling.

It was a high-pitched, long-drawn sound that echoed to the skies and resonated between the trees. Stopping in mid-sentence, Ryuu took a frantic step back, nearly tripping over his own two feet.

Okay, now he was ready to shit his pants.

10. Characters in this post:
    Jerking away from the hand that graced her shoulder, Aleu's blue eyes shot to the male that stood a good several inches taller than she. This guy, as much as he hated him, promised her something she desired - hope.

Last winter, a few of the town's men had journeyed off into the wild last. Leaving the comfort of their own humble town, those men were needed for there wasn't enough food to keep the village alive during the harshest of winters. Weeks passed and soon months. No one returned. Not even the wind whispered what had happened. Heartbroken, the people weeped, but none where as devastated as the usually cheerful Aleu. Although a full year has passed, she still can't face the truth of it all. Not now, not ever. She wouldn't let her mind fall victim to the depressing ways of life.

Eyes scanning the sight that was before her, the woman's jaw fell a bit, showing the tips of her canine fangs. It was truly a sight to see. So many luscious trees and so much ground to be covered. Baffled, awestruck, and hopeful, the woman took a firm step forward before she caught wind of Kerth's moronic questioning.

"Of course I brought something, dimwit." Boy did she hate this guy with a burning passion. He was inferior. Hell, if he wasn't needed, she would have left the imbecile behind. But, alas, he was necessary for she needed some brawn to make trek and come back in one piece rather than pieces. "You know me, I always have my blades strapped at my hips." Aleu's eyes darted down to the glistening silver blades that dangled beside her thighs.

Hands now on her hips, the blonde-haired lass wondered just what laid in their wake. Would they defeat all those that tried to slow them down - stomachs and weather included? Or would they perish like most did on this suicidal quest for food? Whisking away the negative thoughts, Aleu fought back the tears that swelled in her eyes. Fear had overwhelmed her, but she wouldn't turn back now for this trip was worth it. It had to be. Yes, joining up to be a hunter was risky, especially since she was female, but she had a cause and determination like no other. He. He was worth it. Worth everything. She would breathe her last breath if it brought her just a step closer to him.

A sigh pursued her lips as the memories of their tender kisses whirled around her mind. Batting her lashes, her hand reached out and traced the distant horizon. Lost to the wilderness, the girl's ears shifted backward against her skull. She couldn't lose hope. She had to be strong, for the town - for him. If done right, she could gather up enough meat to feed them all while rescuing the man that holds her heart (assuming he's still alive, which she firmly believes).

A promise was all that held her together during these times of sorrow or woe. No one would stand in her way either. Everyone knew it, even Kerth. She would either trek out alone or team up with others. Neither option mattered. She would do her duty and then some.

"I'm coming, my love."

11. Characters in this post:

Winter had came early to the small town of Earlton. It was a harsh winter too. Not a single spec of land was spared in the town from being coated in the snow. Roads were being cleared by the towns folk with shovels. The hard work everyone had to put in made the town a humble one. Yes, you are in a rather back water little town. You lived a normal life, often helping on the farms to feed yourself and family. Winter always made working near impossible. That is why at that moment you and Kerth decide that a trip to the forest will put food on the table.

Who is Kerth you ask? You should know! Whether he is sibling, a close friend, a love interest, that is neither here nor there. He could even be a rival of yours. Whatever the case, the two of you went off to hunt. This way you can eat easy tonight. Kerth is a rather agile male. His skin has always been rather tanned with the sun, most likely because the male is never indoors. A true hard worker, but the red head was also a prankster. Yes, Kerth was not above causing trouble. He was wrapped up warm, in heavy leather coats for the trip. A rather large bag on his back holding many useful items.

The forest was land that had been closed off, due to the creatures that dwell inside. Some could be rather dangerous but the hunger that stuck in your gut made you need to travel here. You had never been here before but it was wonderful. So many trees coated in snow, the soft suns rays making the snow sparkle.

Ryuu is gonna be so outta place here... Deal with it! XD Dun worry, the next scenario for you will be more fitting. Whelp, let's see how you roll with it! Unless you really want a scenario change, then PM me.

Kerth gave a low whistle as he ran his gloved hand through his short hair, spiked up like he was a kid. You think by the time he reached age eighteen he would have grown up a little but not Kerth. “What a view! Damn, look at all these trees!” He wore a genuine smile on his tanned face, as he had never seen so much greenery. Earlton forbids traveling outside the city limits and there was only a few trees near the town. To Kerth all the trees were a sign that breaking the rules could lead to wonderful things.

His gaze fell to Ryuu when he gave a small smirk. “You sure you are up for this? I don't wanna have to carry you home, crying.” He moved closer placing a hand on Ryuu's shoulder. He had his teasing tone on as he said this. With a large grin he knocked some snow off his shoulders as he turned back to the forest. Today would be the day that Kerth would finally be free to do as he please. No watching. No judging.

“So Ryuu, how you gonna hunt? I mean, did you even bring anything? I am gonna try and bag me a deer. But we should be careful... Apparently boars the size of humans sometimes trample through here.” He had heard from his father that some of the creatures here were monsters. Evil beings from another realm sent to bring nothing but pain. Last thing Kerth wanted was anyone to fall prey to that.

12. Characters in this post:

Winter had came early to the small town of Earlton. It was a harsh winter too. Not a single spec of land was spared in the town from being coated in the snow. Roads were being cleared by the towns folk with shovels. The hard work everyone had to put in made the town a humble one. Yes, you are in a rather back water little town. You lived a normal life, often helping on the farms to feed yourself and family. Winter always made working near impossible. That is why at that moment you and Kerth decide that a trip to the forest will put food on the table.

Who is Kerth you ask? You should know! Whether he is sibling, a close friend, a love interest, that is neither here nor there. He could even be a rival of yours. Whatever the case, the two of you went off to hunt. This way you can eat easy tonight. Kerth is a rather agile male. His skin has always been rather tanned with the sun, most likely because the male is never indoors. A true hard worker, but the red head was also a prankster. Yes, Kerth was not above causing trouble. He was wrapped up warm, in heavy leather coats for the trip. A rather large bag on his back holding many useful items.

The forest was land that had been closed off, due to the creatures that dwell inside. Some could be rather dangerous but the hunger that stuck in your gut made you need to travel here. You had never been here before but it was wonderful. So many trees coated in snow, the soft suns rays making the snow sparkle.

Shhhhh Xavi, you know what to do.

Kerth gave a low whistle as he ran his gloved hand through his short hair, spiked up like he was a kid. You think by the time he reached age eighteen he would have grown up a little but not Kerth. “What a view! Damn, look at all these trees!” He wore a genuine smile on his tanned face, as he had never seen so much greenery. Earlton forbids traveling outside the city limits and there was only a few trees near the town. To Kerth all the trees were a sign that breaking the rules could lead to wonderful things.

His gaze fell to Aleu when he gave a small smirk. “You sure you are up for this? I don't wanna have to carry you home, crying.” He moved closer placing a hand on Aleu's shoulder. He had his teasing tone on as he said this. With a large grin he knocked some snow off his shoulders as he turned back to the forest. Today would be the day that Kerth would finally be free to do as he please. No watching. No judging.

“So Aleu, how you gonna hunt? I mean, did you even bring anything? I am gonna try and bag me a deer. But we should be careful... Apparently boars the size of humans sometimes trample through here.” He had heard from his father that some of the creatures here were monsters. Evil beings from another realm sent to bring nothing but pain. Last thing Kerth wanted was anyone to fall prey to that.

13. Characters in this post:
    Alright! For the first post, all of the students get the same. I do not wanna rant on and on but a few things I gotta say.

First off, thanks for giving this a try. All I want is a chance to help people out. It would be nice to join more games with people whom are confident to post and write detailed, insightful posts.

Maybe through doing this I can pick up some new skills myself.

What will happen is you will be put into a scenario and just have to ride it out. We may change the scenario at any point. What we want is you to just go along with it. We will comment on your posts and let you know what you can improve on.

If you want help with something like character making, send a note in the OOC or PM one of the helpers. You will start with me, but as time goes on you will likely have others helping you. If you have any problems with anyone that helps you for whatever reason, contact me. I do not want a war on my hands so I would rather just switch out whom ever is teaching. That way there is no fighting.

Once again, thanks for getting involved.

A little later I will be uploading a note of game etiquette (Things that are greatly appreciated in games.) Please look in the notes folders often as they can be a great help.

So now I am gonna start this off. I am gonna use the same post for all characters to start with. THIS WILL CHANGE. Also. Your character will often be put in situations you do not expect him/her to be in. That is life. A good roleplayer will be able to cope and turn that into gold. And that is what I want to achieve.

To start is the narrative. This is gonna set the scene. Some points here will let you define parts of your character and let you fill in what you want. Such as this character Keith. What relation is he to you?

This is a player post. This will be a lot more personal to the character of the player. In this case it will be Kerth.

His gaze fell to Sonya when he gave a small smirk. “You sure you are up for this? I don't wanna have to carry you home, crying.” He moved closer placing a hand on Sonya's shoulder. He had his teasing tone on as he said this. With a large grin he knocked some snow off his shoulders as he turned back to the forest. Today would be the day that Kerth would finally be free to do as he please. No watching. No judging.

“So Sonya, how you gonna hunt? I mean, did you even bring anything? I am gonna try and bag me a deer. But we should be careful... Apparently boars the size of humans sometimes trample through here.” He had heard from his father that some of the creatures here were monsters. Evil beings from another realm sent to bring nothing but pain. Last thing Kerth wanted was anyone to fall prey to that.

14. Characters in this post:
    YES THAT GUY. /drools
    (Just in another series, but he's still as dreamy. Mmmmmm~)

Nah! Just give me the stuff you've been giving the others. I don't wanna be different! I figure it might be a nice twist to see someone who's been roleplaying for a while take a stab at it. People might want to see how someone else interprets the same scenario and how I work with it, as I'm told I have a unique writing style. Might also give others a different perspective on how they might want to roleplay. Plus, I think all my writing needs critiquing. ><; I feel like I'm in a rut. I can't move forward with my writing. It's just... the same thing over and over and over. DX

15. Characters in this post:

This guy right?

ANYWAY. Since you are more advanced than what I planned to deal with, link me to a few posts you think show what you need to improve on. State what you feel you lack and I will give it a shot.

16. Characters in this post:

Ha! I win. (I'm just making this place sexier.)

And now I'm ready to learn. :3

17. Characters in this post:
    Anne shook Kerth's hand off her shoulder. Some how he always managed to make her seem like the baby of the family when in fact she was the eldest. It drove her mad. The way he put himself off as care free and allowed his defenses to be at ease when at any moment, something could happen to them both. But that wouldn't stop her bewilderment at the nature that surrounded her. Sure, she'd seen a glimpse of the forest at the town's edge, but she's never actually been inside of it. The snow made it seem all the more beautiful.

But that didn't stop her from being cold. Her exposed skin to the winter nip caught goosebumps and her teeth chattered. She wished she dressed more appropriately to the weather.

"I, uhm, was hoping you had something for me. I'm not a fan of carrying things." Anne's head turned to her little bother slightly, she made no eye contact. "I don't know what I'll catch," she added. "Maybe I'll snag a deer too, or better yet, the illusive boars the size of us father always speaks of." She laughed lightly between chattering teeth. It was hard for her to put up such a brave front. She was surprised that hunting a boar crossed her mind and passed through her lips.

18. Characters in this post:
    ((Thanks for y'all's input thus far; Strude, if I had seen your post before I started making my second, it would have been different))

19. Characters in this post:
    For starters. Neither of us said blush. Not once. He discribe blood flooding cheeks. I simply reworded it. Blood to cheeks eqauls colors.

However I do agree with the fact that details might not be the right word. What I was getting at is that he could describe more. I dissagree compleatly with understanding the character. All I know is it is a shy boy with a want to use the bow. I have no idea if he can use it or anything.

But I do agree the post needs more to work on.

Thanks for your input.

20. Characters in this post:
    He shivered and stepped backward, running into the cart. Hoping to excuseaway his panic attack, he turned around and rifled through their supplies, grabbing his bow. He grinned, satisfactorily.

Thor nodded, taking up the quiver as if it represented some deep honor. He would make Kerth proud. He could see himself atop his shoulders, being lauded and carried into town with a whole slew of dead moose, each with pink feathers sticking out their forehead.

He saluted fervently with his left hand, "I-I won't let you down! If I see a boar, I-I-I'll let you know! I'll scream!" He smirked, waiting for the approval of Kerth.

((This feels a lot like the opening to the very first Tales of game. Phantasia, I think?))