Login to your account

City of the Damned [Open/Accepting]

A group of vampires, witches, wizards, and shapeshifters live together in a small town, far from the normal people who are so feared and hated.......

Tags: shapeshifters, vampires, werewolves, witches, wizards

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Gitana

Created: 11-20-2011, 08:47 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in Street

The road that connects all of the buildings.

Posts 1 to 29 of 29

1. Characters in this post:
    Ares listened to what Amethyst was saying, but he couldn't respond.

Hmm... maybe I should have greeted her in person...

Finally, he began to slow, and stopped in the middle of the town square-- the only part of town that hadn't completely fallen back to the forest. He glanced at the woman as if telling her to choose where to go, and yipped once before turning and trotting away, towards a large apartment building. He figured he would shift back into his human form and come back to find her afterwards, giving her time to explore.

2. Characters in this post:
    Amethyst was taken by surprise which is rather hard to do considering the fact of who and what she was, after all strange things happened to her all the time when experiments go array. She stopped when the silver like wolf stopped also, looking down at him for a few minutes before sighing and waving as he walked off to do what ever it was that he had planned to do. "Well then.....seems i talked his ear off." she said to her self as she chuckled a little bit, she looked around once more before she saw a pub that was a few blocks down. She decided that it could never hurt to have some liquor for some of her experiments, so she turned and begin to head down that way to see what she could collect.

3. Characters in this post:
    Ares threw open the door to the apartments and jumped out, landing on the side of the road. He stumbled when he landed, not quite used to having two legs, before straightening and catching sight of Amethyst, who was heading in the opposite direction. "Hey!" he called, waving and heading towards her once again.

4. Characters in this post:
    Amethyst was just out side of the Pub and was examining the outside of it, mumbling some things to her self as she held a notebook, writing notes on it before she plucked a plant, setting it on the page before flipping to another one and continued the process with other various plants. She jumped when she heard a voice, turning swiftly, tossing a purple spell at the male that had just missed him, she frowned as she looked him over. "Hello?" she said to him in a very cautious voice, wary as she stayed on guard and kept a good deal of distance between them as her brain went a million miles a minute.

5. Characters in this post:
    "Ah! Relax, it's me! Ares!" he cried, hurling himself to the side even though the beam had missed him.

Breathing hard, he wondered what would have happened if it had hit him.

"Uh, I just wanted to know if you needed any help... and... stuff..." he said, calming down but still feeling a little wary.

6. Characters in this post:
    "Ah, sorry about that." Amethyst said as she smiled at him, relaxing some though she was still very much on edge, she looked him over once more before turning back to what she was doing, which was cataloging the plants and what properties that they had. She then stopped and chewed on the end of her pencil as she tilted her head back some and looked towards him. "I am just cataloging plants at the moment....though i still need to find a rather large place to stay at." she said to him as she tucked her pad and pencil away, walking towards him before stopping, narrowing her eyes some as she looked around the area once more.

7. Characters in this post:
    "Oh," he replied, unsure of what to say. Why did she need to look at the plants? Pretty much all that grew around there were weeds. "Well, uh, if you need help looking, I'll help you. There's not a lot of us, I guess you can see that, so uh..."

He wasn't used to talking to other people, really, and to his surprise he became unsure. "Well, I'll see you la--" he turned to go but his voice cut off when he caught a glimpse of something in the distance. He stood and stared, trying to figure out what or who he was seeing.

8. Characters in this post:
    "Oh yeah? Who told you to find him?", he asked, throwing a glance at Amethyst that told her to keep quiet.

Though he was normally easygoing, spending a little too much time with Demitri had him starting to be less trusting of strangers these days.

9. Characters in this post:
    "Thank you. I could always use help." Amethyst said to him as she smiled, chuckling considering he seemed more nervous talking to others then she as talking with people and she found it rather cute. "Oh, b-" that was when he sentence was cut off when another female showed her self to them, causing her to frown as she looked her over, her eyes flicking to the symbols that she saw floating around them, listening top what was being said as she kept quiet thought he curiosity of if the girl was human or not was nagging at her. "I am Amethyst, it is nice to met you Gwen." she said as she moved forward, putting a hand on Ares's shoulder to reassure him that it was fine, though she wasn't completely sure her self. She wasn't going to stay quiet either like Ares seemed to want her to do, it was also very clear that the girl was scared and nervous just as much as they were.

10. Characters in this post:
    "Nah, Demitri must have thought you were okay. Lookin' for a place to stay?" Ares asked, approaching the girl slowly, as not to frighten her. "That's the man who freaked you out. He's a good guy, but he can be a little weird."

He reached out his hand for her to shake. "I'm Ares. Demitri and I are sort of in charge here, not that there's much to be in charge of. Welcome to the crew."

11. Characters in this post:
    "Oh no, you shouldn't go. It would suck to be the only female here in this whole place." Amethyst said to her as she tried to make everyone feel relaxed, though she couldn't be sure that her easy going way was working at the moment as she looked between the two of them. A smile on her face as she looked at Ares when he started to talk about Demitri, a frown on her face as she thought about when she first met him which had only been moments ago. "Don't think like that, street rat or not your still very much important to somebody out there in the world." she said to her as she moved over towards them, holding her own hand out to shake hers, they were all very cautious even with them trying to make everything seem very relax.

12. Characters in this post:
    He had been listening quietly, but now he chimed in, "We'll help you out, Gwen. Anything you want to know about this place before we find you a place to live?"

13. Characters in this post:
    He grinned, gesturing around him as if to something amazing instead of a worn out old city, over-doing it on purpose. "Well, this wonderful, magical place is what I like to call Freak City. Nice, right?"

"But seriously. It's just an out-of-the-way ghost town, I guess. We-- Demitri and I-- sort of adopted it. It's far away and hidden, so it's the perfect place to hide people who want or need to be hidden. People who are special, but in a way that other people might consider as a bad thing." He found it irritating that he had to avoid talking about what that meant exactly to Gwen, but he supposed that she might have something different about her. Who knows?

14. Characters in this post:
    "Oh." was all that Amethyst could say when she heard that, she wouldn't know what it was like to lose family or someone that was close to you, considering as far as she knew everyone she came across or was close too was still alive but then again it had been years since she had seen some friends or family so they may be dead by now. She listened to what was being said, chuckling at what Ares said about the place, noticing that he was being like her, avoiding the topic that they were completely different from other people.

15. Characters in this post:
    "If someone like Demitri can fit in somewhere, anyone can." After he said this, Ares instinctively glanced over his shoulder, as if expecting the man to be behind him. When he wasn't he sighed slightly in relief. He was usually careful about making jokes about him, and now was no different.

"So, ladies, I suppose you'll be wanting my help in finding a place to stay? Or not? Or maybe?" he continued, happy that he had an audience for once.

16. Characters in this post:
    "That doesn't even sound comfortable," he commented before continuing, "Most of the rooms in the apartments have fallen to hell due to lack of motivation, but we have one that we fixed up. Amethyst, I think you mentioned wanting a bigger place so the apartments are no good for you, I guess."

It came to him suddenly that he had not been told exactly what set the woman aside from the normal people, but he couldn't ask now despite his curiosity. A witch, maybe? That spell she had shot at him seemed pretty witchy to him. Maybe there was more to it...

17. Characters in this post:
    "Yes i think a little house can do. Considering i will need plenty of room for my research and such." Amethyst said to them, letting them talk as she just smiled, having opened her notebook again, and had begun to sketch Ares and Gwen as she stood there, not minding being in the background. She then slipped the notebook and pencil away once more as she looked between the two, figuring they were waiting for her to say something about what they had talked about. She bit her lip as her grey blue eyes scanned the area once more, she blinked before looking back at them, having thought of something in reply to thier earlier conversation. "I am sorry my experiments can go awry and i rather have a big place so that me and others will be safe from them."

18. Characters in this post:
    He quickly exchanged glances with Amethyst before clearing his throat.

"Uh, I guess I should tell you now. The city's not just... here. It serves a purpose, like... ugh, Demitri's so much better at explaining this, what were those big words? Oh yeah, sanctuary. We're a sanctuary. For uh... people with... abilities." He was too worried about Gwen becoming disbelieving or scared to try and sound more sure of himself. He paused in case she had a question so far. "Get it?"

19. Characters in this post:
    "Uh, yeah."

She was reacting pretty well so far, so maybe she proved more stable than he had at first thought. "It's been happening a lot lately-- people being driven off for being different, or being captured."

20. Characters in this post:
    "You can say i am a scientist but not the normal type that you always here about." Amethyst said to her as she laughed, that was the first time that anyone had ever called her a scientist, though it also answered her question about wither the girl was human or not. She then exchanged looks with Ares, giving a slight shake of her head to say no to him but he clearly did not get the message as he tried to explain further to the other female. "i think saying they have powers and such is going a bit far....more like people that are born with tails or one eye, even some that still have their gills when they come out the womb." she said to her, trying to make it seem like it was more for people that were born with deformities, considering that is what many scientist believed that they were, deformed humans, with mutant genes. She personally considered the supernaturals as an advanced species, it was much nicer that way considering they can adapt better then most humans. "You could say that this is a place for the advanced species of man kind." still didn't think it was safe to share facts about what they really are to the girl, though a dog had better instincts then a human, so maybe ares could sense something that she didn't. "I think i will stay quiet now......" she said as she looked at Ares again, getting a feeling that just maybe he thought she was just making more of a mess out of things.

21. Characters in this post:
    At that question, he coughed as if he was about to change the subject, but paused before doing so. Then he sighed.

"Uh, it's not that big of a deal. I can, you know, sort of change. You'll find out some other time, it's nothin' special." He had considered morphing right there, but carrying his clothes back to his room in his wolf form would be bothersome.

"I guess you just got lost, right?" he asked her, "You weren't driven off, right?"

22. Characters in this post:
    Amethyst just stared at the girl, clearly taken by surprise by her, she didn;t know what to say or how to answer her at the moment, she looked between the two people as she tried to think of something to say, clearly her trying to play it off as a city for people with deformities had not worked considering she now knew the truth about the city and them more or less. "Before i tell you what i am, how about you tell us what you are. It seems like a fair trade and i am all about fair trades." she said to her as she smiled, before it slipped to a frown as she noticed her stumble back at something that she either remembered or thought of. It seemed like the girl could use her help more then Demitri or Ares, who were both very attractive men in her eyes, she thought for a few minutes before she looked her over, sighing some. "What was that just now? When you stumbled backwards some?"

23. Characters in this post:
    Five years. Wow.

He opened his mouth to comment when he saw Gwen trip backwards, although it was more of a spasm than a fall. He felt a little explosion of panic when her eyes opened wide, as if she were seeing something they were not. Something bad.

Oh God, is she having some sort of attack?

He was about to call for help when it ended almost as quickly as it had begun, and Amethyst was speaking by then, asking what had happened. He listened carefully to her explanation and considered it carefully.

"...Psychic, eh? How often does it happen? The flashbacks?" Ares walked a little closer to the two, ending up beside Amethyst, who seemed just as curious as he.

24. Characters in this post:
    "A flash back..." Amethyst said in understanding, holding her elbow with one hand as her other hand held her chin, tapping her cheek with one finger as she thought about what was said. "I am a sorceress....and a psychic is a very good asset to have." she said as she looked towards Ares, now comfortable around the girl considering she was different like them but not as different as they are. "So you have memory loss....." she mumbled, now deep in thought as she walked down the road with them, still searching for a place to set up her new found home at, when she heard Ares ask the girl some questions, she couldn't help but look at the female curiously, wanting to know also. "I can help you with the migraines after i set my home up.....i have a home remedy that i used to make for my sister to help her......" she said to the girl, a sad look on her face, considering something bad had happened to her sister and she didn't even know where the girl was at now.

25. Characters in this post:
    "Speaking of," he said to Amethyst, "We should find you a place to stay. What did you say you were looking for again?"

"And Gwen, would a room in the apartments be good for you?"

He didn't want to sound insensitive, but the sun was gradually setting, and it wouldn't be long before darkness fell.

26. Characters in this post:
    "Alright," he murmured, shoving his hand in his jeans pocket and with some difficulty pulling out a huge metal ring of mismatched keys. Some looked ancient, but most were fairly new and not eroded by time. He picked through them for a moment, studying each carefully, before managing to extract a shiny copper one. He tossed it to Gwen, and grinned.

"The only one I've bothered to clean. Well, eh, Demitri does most of it, who am I kidding?"
    With that, he chuckled a bit and turned to Amethyst once again, waiting for her to respond to his previous question.

27. Characters in this post:
    "Yep, a Sorceress.....well Wicca is derived from sorcery some, well sort of.....it is hard to explain." Amethyst said to her as he chuckled, walking with them, collapsing her hands behind her back, having took her cloak off and tucked it into her bag. "Not a problem, though it may help you get your memories back also. Who knows, after all Sorcery is very different from Wicca." she said to her as she chuckled, shifting her dress some as she stopped and turned towards them as she stopped once more. "Oh yes that would be marvelous. A cottage of a two story home. Don't worry i can fix it up with no problems though i may end up sleeping for a couple of days." she said to them as she smiled, scanning the area once more as she looked for a place to live at, blinking when she saw all the keys that he had on his person.

(ah i am so very very sorry lol)

28. Characters in this post:
    He waved away the thanks. "Haha, no problem!" Turning to Amethyst, he thought for a second. "There's some bigger buildings over there," he remembered, gesturing vaguely to a turn in the road, "But... they were so much trouble. They've kind of fallen to, well, nothing." He shrugged apologetically, starting to walk away, gesturing for them to follow.

"Come on, I guess I'll show you the rest of the town, even though it's more ghosty than the stuff on the main road."

29. Characters in this post:
    "Ah really..." Amethyst said to him as she thought for a few minutes, looking at the area that he was talking about as she took in how it looked. Noticing that it was getting darker she pulled a clear ball out of one of the pockets with in her cloak, mumbling something to it before it started to glow to give them more light to walk by and to work with as she looked around once more. "Well as long as one of them has a decent room i can sleep in i will not be worried about the rest since like i said, i can fix it up." she said to him as she chuckled, walking with them as she turned towards the area he said that was more ghost like then the rest of the city.

Posts 1 to 29 of 29