Login to your account

Occultia Academy - Closed

Occultia, sometimes called O'cult, is a private academy that hand selects students to enroll. Those selected receive a letter in the mail that requests his/her enrollment. All fees and tuition costs are wavered, making travel the only monetary issue.......

Tags: academy, adventure, alchemists, college, heroes, magic, magicians, school, shapeshifters, students, superhumans, supernatural, teachers, witches

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 09-07-2011, 06:48 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in The Lake

Every school needs to be built near a lake, right?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

1. Characters in this post:
    Lexington finally got to the lake. It seemed abandoned, "I guess no one comes here much." He walked around looking and was stumped. "Why are there no animals? No fish or birds." He shrugged and saw the tree he was looking for and went to it. He saw his mother's intials on the tree and gave a sad smile, "She was standing right here at one time..." He then saw the hole in the tree and reached into it and pulled his hand back in pain, "Ow." he had been bitten by a snake in the tree.

"Guess there are animals after all.", he pulled the snake out getting bit again and released it. He watched his hand as the wounds healed in a few seconds, he wasn't afraid of the venom it wouldn't affect him anyway. He continued to reach in and felt something besides the leaves and pulled it out. It was a locket it was gold but required a key, he didn't want to bust it open or break it though but it had something written in what looked like Latin. "What could this mean?", he went to sit beside the lake looking at the letters trying to decipher them.

"It's latin but it's jumbled up like they aren't coherant words, maybe its a puzzel..." He thought about it and then messed with the lock but couldn't get it open and finally decided to break it open but no matter how hard he pulled it wouldn't open. "What the...? this should be simple, its metal but I've torn through steel and brick walls with my strength how is it not opening?", he didn't know that it was a blood seal and only a certain person's blood would open it if put on the locket.

2. Characters in this post:
    Afon had arrived at the school and bit later than normal. Dropping his things into his room, deciding not to unpack right away. He was the Superhuman Aide that year, meaning he did not have to share a room any how. So there was no rush. Instead he walked the grounds, keeping to himself for the most part. Many of the Superhuman's did not seem to have shone up just yet. Then again they tended to have the smallest class. Afon being a case why. Genes were simply fading as the family lines got larger. So there were far lass than maybe on hundred years ago. Or at least that was Afon's reason behind it.

He decided to head towards the lake. For no real particular reason, but maybe it was to avoid some of the drama that seemed to be going on in the garden. He did not even want to know. Besides he had scene Aiden heading that way. He walked towards the Lake, eventually finding it. "Peter piper pick a patch of perfect peppers.." Afon was saying to himself over and over. He was practicing his English. Afon did not have the typical Russian accent due to his practice. Which made him easier to understand, and made him sound all around better to the Americans.

He could hear someone speaking from up in the trees, mentioning Latin and not being able to open something. "Hello?" Afon said to whoever it was. "Do you need any help?"

3. Characters in this post:
    Lexington quickly shoved the locket in his pocket. "Uh...No I just came here to think." He heard the accent and began speaking Russian to his new aquaintance. "Are you new too?", he said in fluent Russian. Lexington had been around since the Victorian time period searching and learned many languages on his quest. He smiled a bit hoping it'd comphort the boy instead of freaking him out because of the markings all over him.

He looked at the boy and thought, "Why don't you try songs in English, then you can sing to them and it'll be easier to remember.", he said in Russian once more. He looked at the boy and said, "I'm Lexington.", he said going back to English.

4. Characters in this post:
    A small smile came to his face hearing his native language. "Нет, я помощник Superhuman Общежитие в этом году, и были посещать эту школу в течение последних пяти лет. Это один из которых мой последний шестой. (No, I am the aide of the Superhuman Dorm this year, and have been attending this school for the past five years. This one being my final sixth.)" His Russian was completely pure, except for the couple of English words he needed to mix in to make his statement have some sense. When the mention of songs came up, it only brought another smile to his face.

"Row row row your boat, gently down the stream... Tongue twisters are far more challenging, and it helps with pronouncing."
    He explained slightly. There was a certain childhood innocence about Afon that many picked up right away. He was like a child teaching himself a complex new language. Since everything about Russian and English were opposite it seemed. From the way they said words, to the breakdown in structure.

"I am Afon Tupolev." He said also switching back to English. "Coming here the think? What of?" Maybe Afon was being noisy, but it was not like Lexington had to answer him. Afon knew the boy was new to the school. Probably being in Fifth or sixth year. This was mainly because he was a new face, and Afon for the most part knew everyone in the school. Even if he had never spoken to them face to face.

5. Characters in this post:
    Lexington chuckled a bit he enjoyed the innocence of Afron, "I just needed some time to think about things, and be alone. I haven't really gotten along here very well, people don't exactly like someone that's cursed.", he said partly in russian partly in English. He sighed and put his hands in his pockets, "So what is it like here?", he said in English.

Lexington wanted things to be as easy as they could be so he could focus on his mission. He never really expected to have friends or anything but at least would like to be left alone. He ran a hand through his hair waiting for the response afraid of what he might hear.

6. Characters in this post:
    Afon laughed. He honestly laughed at the boy. Well, maybe not directly at him, but about the sitution. "You are just like every new student here at the school. Nervous about your surroundings since this is like a whole new world." He seemed to ignore the part about Lexington being cursed, since honestly to Afon, that did not matter. There were students here who had done worse than be cursed. Some he heard burned down their previous school. Most of the Superhuman's did something to discover their power. One Student who graduated could make objects float. He lost control in his old school, and killed his teacher. it was completely by accident of coarse.

"This school is a place where you can fit in. But only if you want to. There are students who complain they have no friends, but have yet to go out and speak to other students. Everyone is nervous on their first day." Afon said to the new boy. His innocence seemed to drop as he spoke, and maybe it was not what he wanted to hear, but it was how Afon viewed things. You can't say people don't like you when you haven't even gone out of your way to speak to other students.

7. Characters in this post:
    Lexington chuckled at himself a bit, "I suppose you're right, though I'm use to being chased out of villages, being people's 'discovery', or being viewed as a demon so I don't go expecting people to like me." He thought, "Though that might be flawed thinking I suppose." He looked at Afron, "and I didn't do something to get this curse, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time." He looked back at the lake thinking of the day he got his newfound 'powers' and his shame.

He looked at Afron, "And what are your powers since you're a superhuman?", he chuckled, "Ability to make people feel stupid?" He was just teasing Afron he wasn't seriously insulting him.

8. Characters in this post:
    "Well I can't say some of the teachers wouldn't be interested in learning about you. They are teachers, but I swear some of them ask more questions than the students." He said with a basic shrug. "See? Wrong place at the wrong time. That doesn't make you a bad person in the least bit. Would you like me to introduce you to some people? Sometimes we just need a small push is all."

He laughed again. Catching the joke. Afon liked to tell people how it was. If they didn't like it, that was their opinion. But most seemed to like Afon for being so truthful. If you look fat in a dress, he would tell you. "Its nothing special really. My body regenerates at a very quick speed. I could jump out of the tree your sitting in, break every bone in my body, and I would be fine within minutes. I wont do it of coarse, because that would be foolish and it would hurt... a lot."

"Come on, let's go meet people!"

9. Characters in this post:
    "Any good in battle?", he asked and then rubbed his neck, "I don't know, maybe today wouldn't be good to meet people I mean I have to-", he saw Afron wasn't going to take no for an answer and sighed, "Alright fine let's go.", he jumped out of the tree and sensed something and kicked the snake from before out of the way before it hurt Afron, it wasn't even visable to Afron so it didn't seem likely Lexington saw it.

"Wouldn't want you to get bit, even if you regenerate it's still painful.", he shrugged and started walking. "You coming?"

10. Characters in this post:
    "Good in a fight? Most of the time no. I tend to get my ass kicked in sparing matches. But I keep getting up. There have even been a few times where two others would be in a fight, and I will stand in the way of a fist being thrown." Afon admitted. Maybe he was crazy, or maybe he liked the pain, but either way it at least stopped someone else from getting seriously injured. Especially when it didn't effect Afon much. He did not even mention how he knew martial arts, and that normally was the only thing he had in the sparring match.

"Let's head to the garden. A lot of students normally head that way first." Afon suggested, even thought he really did not give poor Lexington a choice in the matter. He looked at his markings for a short second before looking away. Knowing staring at the man would be rude.

He hadn't even noticed the snake creeping towards him, and if it wasn't for Lex kicking it, Afon would have been in pain for hours. There was nothing like poison on the body. It did not do much physically, but some poison's still broke down his insides, only to just repair and break down again. Over and over. It was a horrible painful process he ad to go threw in his second year. Afon decided it would be a good idea to drink something during science class. It looked liked water after all... Yes, it was a stupid idea.

"Whoa, thanks for that." Afon said looking back before catching up to Lex.

[[ The rest of those post is going over here-- Clicky ]]

11. Characters in this post:
    Moving along the edge of the lake, Nerine had decided to, skip a class that day. She didn't really feel like going to her first class. She more or less wanted to take a break before the big events started.

The games. The games was something she'd always looked forward to. She enjoyed watching the two chosen students battle it out with the other houses. This year, she was going to actually participate as one of the chosen students.

She wasn't exactly confident, but hell.. Her competitive side would never allow her to lie down and let the others take the honor of winning it. If they Did win, then.. what the hell would they pick for the theme?

As of yet, their house had only won once. The Magician house managed to get it last year, and they were from the year before. Hopefully.. This year they'd be able to snatch it from the other houses.

Brushing back a few locks of hair from her face, the woman sat down and leaned her back against the bark of one of the trees.

Posts 1 to 11 of 11