Login to your account

Playing With Fire

Fire doesn't burn if you're already dead ► Private Roleplays for lmaokickit & Nethereal; trespassers will be torched......

Tags: 1x1, private

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Closed

Creator: Nethereal

Created: 09-12-2015, 04:31 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in You Only Live Twice

#Roleplay 2 #SupernaturalRomance #University #DammitJean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 35

1. Characters in this post:
    Raine frowned, brow furrowing as she surveyed the school, bustling with people much, much younger than she was. "I wish they could have put this off until the next school year started. It's always too obvious when people appear late."
    "Relax, Raine, this is college, not high school. No one's going to care." Ray's fingers raked through his hair, brushing it out of her eyes for the moment. Raine puffed out a sigh, cheeks inflating slightly in a childish way as she forced out the air.
    "Still. I don't like it."
    "And it's not up for you to decide, now is it?"
    She stayed silent at that, her lips pressing together tightly before she gave him a curt nod.
    "Alright. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to see you dropped off at you dorm so I don't have to carry around your bags anymore."
    "They are not that heavy, R."
    "Oh really?"
    "Yes, really!" She turned to pout at him, making him laugh, light flashing off bright white fangs.
    "Okay, okay. Whatever you say, Raine. Now come on."

2. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    "And yet another body has been found in the Clearbourne area, making that eleven this month. Officials say they are doing their best to bring in the killer, but are asking for help from the public; if any one has any information on the murders of these young women and men, you are urged to come forward. "

Green bars flashed and disappeared on the tv screen as the brunette lowered the volume, leaving the pretty reporter without her unnaturally smooth voice and perfect tv diction—he liked her better this way, just her plump lips settled in that startled expression and green eyes wide. Besides, he knew better than anyone what the 'murder' entailed, much more than the scrambling blue-clad 'officials' that had parked themselves on the campus when the second victim had showed up in a ditch.

Jeanne sighed, hungrily eyeing the microwaved slice of pizza, cheese still sizzling too hot to eat. Boredom filling the emptiness in his stomach, the boy jumped up and ambled around the room, kicking at the books thrown in his corners and finding himself sitting on the now-opened-window's sill, wind whipping at his face. Didn't take too long for him to spot a fresh new face and her long legs strutting around the campus, black hair messy from the wind and some guy stumbling behind her. "Ooh, nice." She'd make a tastier treat that pepperoni pizza.

LANA
    "No, I'm tired as hell." Lana sighed into the phone cradled between her shoulder and ear, hands doing nothing much but resting lazily in her pockets. "'Sides, I still got that project due in a week and all I have is the font I know I want to use. I can't," There was another exaggerated sigh as Lana Grey forced herself up, brushing the clingy grass from the white-stained pants (never again was she getting herself mixed up in 'helping paint' anything, especially not in her favourite jeans) slipping from her waist. "Look, I want to, not like I'd willingly avoid a party full of cuties with low standards."

The groaning and 'no, just come's being yelled at her didn't help the girl's headache, so faking 'losing signal' with all the necessary 'I can't hear you's and sound effects was a natural next step in dealing with her best friend. "Jeez, I swear. Thought I'd made myse—" Of course, lying to Diane often got her on karma's bad side, and karma tended to like having her trip over things. It just happened that today, karma defined 'things' and the foot of some guy that easily towered over her (damn, and that was a hard feat) and didn't seem like the sort to offer to get a replacement for the phone now scattered in pieces along the pavement.

3. Characters in this post:
    Raine strode easily in front of her brother, impatient to get to her dorm if only so she could at least begin to figure out a way to try and find the idiot who'd caused her to have to enter college in the middle of the year. However, her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Ray curse quietly and something hit the ground. She rolled her eyes, spinning around. "You didn't drop my bag on your foot again, did y-" She paused when she saw the girl sprawled on the ground, eyes darted in front of her to see broken pieces of something, a phone perhaps, on the ground in front of her. Her lips shaped a small, unspoken 'oh', and she glanced up at her brother, who was practically glowering. Not good.

Ray scowled down at the girl, irritated beyond belief that of all the people this girl could have tripped over, it had to be him. He wasn't even sure how she could have missed seeing him. But here she was, and one glance at Raine's face told him all he had to know. Be civil. So he schooled his expression into easy smile, held out a hand to help the girl up. "Sorry about that. I mean, I'm used to girls falling for me, but usually not that quickly."

4. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "Oh, uh, no worries." Lana Grey forced a lopsided grin, narrowing her eyes to keep the building tears from getting anywhere far. She brushed the arm she had fell on, gently prodding the small bruise as anyone would, wincing as if it hurt. She could feel a sting, but it was more the sting of losing the phone that had cost her an arm, a leg, and a week's dinner. "Oh, haha. Guess I've broken a record. Doubt you'll be able to find another as easy as me, so cherish it, babe." She joked easily, winking playfully up at the pretty-faced reason she was isolated in a world of cell phone towers and internet addiction. And damn, she could already feel the withdrawal symptoms.

"Well, guess I won't need to phone the 'rents for a while. Moms are always on your case for that sort a thing, yeah?" Yeah, right, like anyone but her friends' name ever flashed on that screen. "So I guess I owe you thanks." Lana usually wouldn't stay chatting up the few people she couldn't find it in her heart to somewhat like, but it was only this way that she could imagine sinking her nails and teeth into his neck and draining whatever bitter blood ran through the veins of someone who could facilitate such a murder. What had her phone ever done to him?

"Hmm, guess I'll be on my way." They—as she soon realized he had a sister who stood on dreadful heels, almost as tall as him in them, but was probably no taller than Lana herself, but woah was she pretty (frat boys would have some fun with her)—looked pretty new, but Lana couldn't find the goodwill to offer to show them around under the sadness and anger brewing inside her.

JEANE
    Even for Jeane, it took a minute to gobble up the piping pizza and start down the stairs. His dorm was conveniently close to the staircase, meaning any drunk, tasty souls had to pass by him and also that skipping down to the door took about a minute. Forcing open the heavy dorm door and curiously watching the little exchange that kept the woman busy took some time as well; yet, almost immediately, Jeane Essa noticed there was a bit more than a slight problem with his newfound love—she was too tall.

It didn't help that he was a bit short of average height himself, something that he liked to pretend gave him little trouble in life, but his crush might as well have been an Amazon and a model and a giant mushed into one, and he could see it either ran in the family or she had a preference for boyfriends who would have no problem kissing her. If it was the latter, Jeane might as well erase his name from the sign-up. The jinnī looked her up and down intently, captivating amber eyes, brighter after a nice meal last night, taking in everything she had to offer (which was a lot, she was sweet eye candy). Still, the thought of having her have to look down on him turned him off, shut down any ideas he had for her to be his soul number 12. Too bad.

5. Characters in this post:
    Raine frowned as the girl walked away, eyes narrowing slightly as she turned to her brother. "You know, nice isn't the same thing as flirting."
    "Eh. They're pretty much the same thing."
    "No, they aren't, and you're making it very hard to keep a low profile."
    "Oh, yeah, we're totally going to keep a low profile. You're not even doing anything and half the guys are turning to look at you." Ray nodded with his head towards a guy who even from this distance he could tell both he and his twin towered over who had run out of one of the dorms just to stop and stare directly at her. His eyes narrowed slightly at the boy, not exactly appreciating the look he was giving her.
    "Well, you certainly aren't helping with that, Ray."
    "Relax, Raine. We only have to be here for a month or two and then we can disappear again. Now come on, I seriously just want to drop your stuff off at your dorm, okay?"
    "Fiiiiiiine."

6. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    Dark eyes glared at him; Jeane could feel the piercing gaze bore into him even from where he stood. The brunette raised an eyebrow, lips quirking into a smirk—what he saw as a fitting reply to the tall man's 'hello.' Both bore a striking resemblance, though the girl was the more delicate pretty he enjoyed, so he guessed siblings. But that wasn't his problem, and wouldn't be as long as he chose to stay 5'5 (he had developed such a liking for this body: the light olive skin, sandy brown hair, frail but toned build, and a dazzling pearly smile few were able to resist, even if grocery trips were always a struggle).

The pair ambled off towards another set of dorms: the newer building, sparkling with its new white paint and its new tiled floor, looming contemptuously over the other buildings in a show of its newness. The small fact that they got to live there gave him a newfound dislike for the two, if only because he'd heard whispers that they had bigger kitchenettes. Mumbling a few choice pouty curses, the jinnī made his way up to his dorm room and plopped onto his couch, taking in the sweet smell of incense that drifted lazily over the room, along with the minty remnants of a devoured life wafting from his bottle.

7. Characters in this post:
    Finally, they made it to dorm 317. Raine grabbed her bags from her brother and sent him back to his dorm which they'd passed on the way to the building, which looked quite a bit older than this one did. That wasn't really her concern right now, though. She was much more worried about the state of the dorm she was about to enter. What if her roommate was too observant? Worse, what if her roommate was a slob? She shuddered slightly at that, before knocking on the door in case her roommate was in. Of course, she didn't bother to wait for someone to open the door for her.
    "Hello?"
    Raine glanced around, seeing a few things out of place, enough that it was very obviously lived in but not so bad that it would really be an issue. She stepped a little further into the room.
    "Is anyone- Oh."
    Sure enough, another step in had revealed a girl to her. The same girl who had earlier tripped over Ray and broken something. Her phone? Yeah, that sounded right. A slight twang of guilt hit Raine, mostly due to the fact that her brother hadn't even bothered to properly apologize.
    "Oh! Hi, uh, sorry to just- are you okay?"

8. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "Oh, hey. Great. Lucky coincidence, huh? Damn, I'm glad I don't have this room all to myself, anymore. And we've met before, too. Goddamn great." She didn't bother to force a welcoming grin, instead opting for what she thought was an expression that screamed 'no, this isn't sarcasm.' It was doubtful this girl was an idiot and needed help to pick out the hostility, but Lana was a young woman of careful precautions. She watched as the woman's eyes combed through her stuff—picking out her brother's next victim, no doubt—and Lana's shoulders squared in preparation to defend her need for that book to be there or that those shady dvds were not hers: Shane really needed to stop leaving his stuff there already.

Tugging on the t-shirt, making sure it covered all it needed to while she rummaged for a thin pair of shorts—the air conditioning wasn't working right now and she didn't need to drown in sweat—Lana gave the newcomer a glare that came off more pouty than she'd intended. "Welcome. You can take that bed, the one that all my stuff isn't on. You're letting me make any important calls on your phone until I skip enough dinners to get another one, okay?"

9. Characters in this post:
    Raine nearly flinched at the level of hostility being thrown at her at that moment. As much as she hated to admit it, she really didn't like it when people didn't like her, and this time she didn't even know exactly what she'd done other than be related to the guy that broke her- Oh. Right.
    She did one more cursory glance around the apartment, deciding it was definitely tidy enough she could survive for now at least. She didn't really think this was the right moment to ask if she might tidy the place up a little bit.
    "Uh, yes, thanks." Raine managed a very faint smile, her fingers tightening around her bag. "And that... that seems..." The tall girl shook her head, changing her mind immediately. "You know, if you want I could get my brother to buy you a new phone. I really am sorry about that, and I know he is too." Okay, so maybe that last part about him being sorry was a blatant lie, and the other girl didn't seem stupid enough to not pick up on it. "I mean, he doesn't really show it well, but um." Raine bit her lip, studying the girl, before remembering something. "Oh!!! My name's Raine, by the way."

10. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "Hey, Raine, I'm Lana. Nice to see you. Again." Lana's expression re-hardened as she glanced over the girl's faint smile. The woman made it pretty hard to stay angry at her when all she was doing was smiling and apologizing, but she managed. "Oh, would he?" She asked, her tone faux-pleasant. "I'm sure he cares, yeah, could definitely see it with the way he treated me like his conquest. Brand new slam piece. Maybe when he actually apologizes, y'know, we can move on to the whole 'buying me a new phone' matter. And oh, trust me, he's getting me a new one."

Her fingers grasped at the pair of shorts that were hiding under her pillow, dragging them on with the usual little dance to get them comfortably settled on her hips. "But anyway, look, if you're staying here for more than a month, I guess it's in my best interest to not hate you, as difficult as that is. I like your hair. It's, uh, nice."

11. Characters in this post:
    Raine practically winced with the word conquest. True, she knew what her brother was like better than anyone, but she did prefer not to think about what he did behind closed doors; it really wasn't her business. Or at least, she didn't want it to be.
    She perked up slightly, though, when Lana complemented her hair, smile reappearing as she absently ran fingers through her hair to fix any strands that had been blown out of place. "Thank you! Your hair's pretty nice too, though." It really was, while her hair was a similar length, it was a much blunter cut, something Raine knew from experience she couldn't pull off well. The girl's softer features worked well with the style, though.
    --
    Ray sighed, wishing he'd dropped his stuff off at his dorm before going to drop Raine off. It wasn't like the bags were too heavy for him, of course. It was really just a nuisance to have to keep carrying them around. Not that he had to worry about it much longer, seeing as he was standing outside his dorm room. He didn't bother knocking, pushing the door open with the less laden down arm, dropping his bags before glancing around. He'd need to unpack quickly, then call Raine, he'd already promised her that he would as soon as he'd settled in. That thought was quickly pushed from his mind, though, when his eyes landed on the boy already in the room. The one who'd been checking out his sister. Wasn't that great.

12. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    And with that, all memory of being angry was flung out the window. "Oh, thanks. I got it done a few weeks ago, I was getting a bit tired of the whole messy ponytail thing, and buns don't look that great on me." Lana plopped onto the other girl's bed, motioning for her bags in what was some sort of offer to help unpack. Her lips settled for something nowhere near a smile, but just a little quirk above a straight line, wide eyes betraying an otherwise calm expression. "Yours must take a lot of effort, though. I'm too lazy to do much with this, even brushing it in the morning is a g'damn bother."

JEANE
    The loud thud of dropped bags alerted Jeane to the new arrival. The brunette sighed, peeking at the boy (as much of him as he could see, actually) over the edge of the couch. Just his luck, it was the kid from earlier who was with that almost-beauty (if only she wasn't 8 feet tall). "Hello," He purred, kneeling on the cushions and turning around for a better view. Arms resting on the couch, bright amber eyes trailed noticeably down, up, then down again as he took in the boy's build. He finally met his roommate's eyes, opting for as innocent an expression as he could muster. "I'm Jeane. You can come to me if there's anything you desire, I'll be happy to help."

13. Characters in this post:
    Raine's face lit up as she flashed a quick grin. "It looks really cute, though! I bet you looked good with long hair, too." She paused briefly to study the girl again, mentally replacing the bob with a messy bun- yeah, very cute. "And yeah, it does, but I've had it like this for so long that I'm used to it." She shrugged carelessly, unzipping the first of her bags. "I mean, it's just a few more minutes to the morning routine, you know?"
    --
    Ray's eyes narrowed slightly at his roommate's words, staring the smaller boy down, ignoring the boy's attempt at innocence. "Jason, was it? I'm Ray. And the only thing I 'desire' is to know where I should put my stuff." His eyes studied the boy for a moment longer before sweeping over the room, quickly taking in the place he'd be living until he and Raine figured out who was killing people and moved on. Hopefully, something they could settle quickly.

14. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "A 'few more minutes' is just what I always need to get to class just before the prof," Lana replied, giving a half-assed attempt at a shrug. "But hey, I'm not one to talk about morning routines, mine's literally a quick shower, grabbing some clothes and brushing my hair for two seconds. Breakfast if all my classes are after 10. Reminds me, can you cook?"

Swinging her legs off the bed, Lana drew open the dusty, cramped closet on Raine's side of the room, white doors folding together as she pushed them aside. "Thanks. Flattery will get you everywhere. Believe me, I'm never growing it out again, though. Doesn't get in the way like this. Oh, since it's your first day on campus, I'll show you all the good places to eat tonight—long as you pay for your own food, my budget doesn't like when I treat people with anything but ramen, sorry."

JEANE
    "Wow, you're even dumber than you look. Jeane. It's Jeane." He couldn't help a smirk at the boy's obvious attempt at antagonizing him, but really, the kid was nothing but cute. He'd always had a thing for the bad boys, after-all, and this one just screamed trouble—just the way he liked 'em.

"That's a pretty simple wish, if you ask me. Don't waste them on things like that. Anywhere you want. There's a free bed there," the brunette gave a quick gesture to said free bed "but, there's space over on mine, too. Long as you keep your belongings out of my way, and out of my sight, it's alright." The olive-skinned male hopped daintily off the couch, rolling the numbness out of his shoulders, then hurried his way over to his bottle, carefully placing the translucent glass back into his bag-pack and away from prying eyes.

15. Characters in this post:
    Raine started putting her clothing away, tilting her head to the side slightly in response to Lana's question. "Hmm. I'd say I'm a pretty decent cook." Her first bag was emptied quickly and she got to work on the second. "And yeah, that sounds great!" She glanced back at the brunette again, smiling.
    --
    Ray lifted an eyebrow at the boy's attempts to tease him, his lips curving into a very faint frown. "My own bed will be fine, Jake." He lifted his bags back up easily, bringing them over to the bed and unpacking them wordlessly, barely sparing Jeane a glance. He was shoving something into his bag, not that Ray cared that much, it was probably just a half-finished bottle of alcohol or some other thing the kid was too young to have. He returned his attention to his bags, haphazardly shoving his clothing into the closet.

16. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "Good, because I've never exactly enjoyed standing in front of a stove for an hour. I know just what pizza to order, though, if you're ever not up for it." Lana couldn't help but smile at the woman, it really wasn't helping that she was practically grinning, and the brunette felt guilty not doing similarly.

"There are good shops on campus and all, but if you go just a bit down the road, all the restaurants there are amazing and, even better, some of them give student discounts. Oh! D'you like ice cream? Of course you do, everyone does. I have some strawberry in the fridge if you're ever up for a midnight snack."

JEANE
    "No need to be so distant, babe. I don't bite, y'know." Jeane skipped happily over to Ray, sitting on the edge of his bed and swinging his legs childishly. "Those look heavy. How much does one person need?" He glanced over his roommate once more; his style was casual, but now that he eyed it up close, undoubtedly expensive. Rich kids were always a bit harder to entice, seeing as the 'all the riches you want' act was out of the question, but having them wrapped around his finger was all the more fun.

He fancied a few more outfits, the man hadn't been shopping anytime recently. Toying with his bracelets—his arms were as bare as they could get, he'd only donned three gold bangles today, out of sheer laziness than anything else—Jeane laid back on the bed, the mattress giving a soft squeak. "I like your shoes. Mind if I borrow them now and then? Maybe we wear the same size."

17. Characters in this post:
    Raine let out a quiet laugh. "That's really sweet of you, Lana, but im a bit more of a chocolate girl myself. Your ice cream is safe." She hurriedly finished unpacking, somehow keeping everything looking tidy despite her rush. Last bag emptied and shoved into the empty space in her closet- she could figure out a more permanent solution for that later, but right now she had something much more interesting to attend to -she returned her attention to the girl. "So, do you wanna head out now, or...?"
    --
    Ray didn't acknowledge the boy jumping onto his bed with anything other than a twitch in his jaw and a slightly more pronounced frown. He didn't know how much more obviously disinterested he could act, yet this idiot kept pestering him. How oblivious could this kid be? He froze, however, when his beloved sneakers were mentioned, finally turning to glower at the boy. "If you value your head, you won't go anywhere near my shoes."

18. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "Heading out sometime in the next few minutes is fine, we can get you some chocolate ice cream, but I probably should get dressed, first. Just give me a second. Well, not a second, but y'know." Lana slipped off the bed, sauntering over to her own closet, hands smoothing down the more rebellious strands of her hair. She didn't spend long, settling easily on worn boyfriend jeans that had seen better days and a quick change. A hurried grab for her wallet later, Lana marched up to the door, fumbling with the handle for longer than was necessary before opening it to the loud noises of a busy hallway. "Alright, whenever you're ready, babe."

JEANE
    He stifled a soft chuckle when Ray turned to glare at him. Don't touch the sneakers, he got it, and he'd stick to it for as long as he felt like playing nice with this kid. "Nice eyes, I'd love if you could look at me more often," Jeane teased, his usual mischievous smirk playing across his lips. "Well, I think that was a threat, but it's not like I can really tell. After all, it wasn't addressed to me, was it? You were talking to your imaginary friend, 'Jake.' My name is Jeane." The smaller male sat up, hand reaching out to just brush his roommate's cheek . "Learn it."

19. Characters in this post:
    Raine's allowed her feet to swing slightly as she waited for Lana to finish changing, glancing around the room once more. It wouldn't be a bad place to stay for the next few months, at least. Much more simple than what she was used to, of course, but that wasn't necessarily bad. Variety made a long life interesting, anyway. She was pulled from her thoughts when she realized Lana was at the door already, and she hurriedly slid off the bed and followed after the girl.
    --
    Ray jerked his face away from the boy's hand, his glower deepening. "You know full well that I was talking to you, Jared, so allow me to repeat myself. Think of it as a gift, considering I don't have a tendency to give out second chances easily." He fought to keep his lips from pulling into a snarl, no need to bother with a half-baked birth defect excuse right then. "Do not touch my sneakers. Do not go near my sneakers. While we're at it, same rules apply to my sister, all my clothing, my food, and my hair. Do not even think about touching any of those, because I can, and will, take the opportunity to dismember you."

20. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    "Don't touch your hair? Alright, pretty boy. I get it, you gotta keep up appearances. How long do you spend making sure it's perfect? Do you start your routine the night before? Well, it pays off, so I won't ruin all your hard work. I promise." Jeane moved his hand to the man's shoulder instead—Ray had shyly ran away from his other show of affection, but he liked to get his point across—and gently trailed his fingers down the fabric clinging to his roommate's arm.

"What about you?" He winked, amber eyes doing nothing to hide the excitement his flirty pout betrayed. "Are you off limits too? Because then I might just take my chances with being dismembered, but only if you buy me a drink first."

LANA
    "So. Ice cream then dinner, or dinner then ice cream?" Lana asked as they slipped out the door, backtracking five seconds later when she remembered to lock it. "I mean, I know you're supposed to do food then dessert, but isn't college about rule breaking?" She glanced back at the girl, studying her faces for the telltale signs of 'you talk to much, shut up please' her roommates tended to carry. Well, she hadn't annoyed this one just yet, so she might just push her limits. "So, what you in for, fellow inmate? You're stuck with me for the next few years in our cute little cell. Exciting, huh?"

21. Characters in this post:
    Ray glowered at the boy, more than a little irritated with the fact that he seemed to find riling Ray up a fun game. He didn't bother to pull away again, it was clear this kid was too damn stupid to understand when someone didn't want you around. Hell, the kid was decent enough face-wise, but he was annoying and, more importantly, had checked out his sister, a complete taboo. Even besides that, though, his roommate was so in his face that Ray was honestly considering killing the kid just so he'd be left alone. "I don't know what game you think you're playing, Jea- Jack. I don't know what you think you're doing, but I suggest you cut it out."
    --
    Raine tilted her head in answer to Lana's questioning. "Uh, whichever you want to do first is fine by me." The other question, however, required more thought. Raine and Ray had both entered as undeclared majors, seeing as they'd come with the intention of leaving as soon as possible. However, that wasn't exactly a decent explanation, as that'd raise questions she wasn't going to answer. "I'm undecided, actually. I figured I could figure out what it was I liked most as I went along, I mean, that's what university is supposed to be about, right?" An almost nervous laugh escaped her, forcing her to quickly prompt her roommate with, "What about you?"

22. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    "Oh! Almost! You can do it. It's 'Jeane', say it for me?"

He leaned forward—just slightly. Of course, his roommate had made it clear that he didn't like strangers in his face (and with an attitude like that, Jeane imagined the list was extended far past people that he hadn't shared any drinks with). The brunette, however, liked to live on the edge, testing his boundaries, tip-toeing the line between 'okay guy' and 'I'm going to kill you.'

"Stop what? We're just having a chat. It's not like I've said anything rude. You're the one pretending you don't know my name." Jeane shrugged off Ray's glowering with a bubbly giggle and grin, quickly looking the man up and down (he was pretty hot when he was irritated; he could get pretty used to seeing that face). "I'll leave if that's what you really want, but I can't tell if you're talking to me or just mumbling to yourself if you don't say my name."

LANA
    "But that's my line! I'm the one showing you around, so it's your choice." Lana skipped down the stairs with ease, too used to them to trip up or be annoyed by the sheer amount of them anymore. She paused at the building entrance to face Raine and reach into her pocket, set a reminder to get back by—oh yeah, no phone. Her knees were still tired from a tiny bit too much showing off in her last game, so she kept the pace as casual as she could playing with the thought of food. Mm, ice cream!

Well, she wouldn't have to worry about a phone bill for a while, so she'd treat herself while she mourned. "Oh, yeah, that sounds fun. I'm going into mechanical engineering. As for why, who knows, but I've always liked cars and pulling things apart. I never thought I'd actually do it, because I like math just as little as everyone else, but here I am. And I'm not dead, yet. Even though I am drowning in work."

23. Characters in this post:
    Ray's next words had to shove their way past clenched teeth and a tight jaw. "I can't make this any more clear: Get the fuck out of my face before I remove yours, Jeane." The name seeped out like venom, black and acidic. "And by out of my face, I mean get about as far away from me as you can. Preferably, you'll leave the dorm-" His glare sharpened, finally turning to look at the nuisance as he continued, "But at the very least, go to the opposite side of the room."
    --
    "Mmm, ice cream first then, I suppose. If it's not any trouble." She grinned at her roommate, she seemed nice enough, if incredibly talkative, but talkative she could do. Easier to deflect questions. "Sounds nice! I mean, I couldn't do math to save my soul-" hah. "But all that really matters is that you like it. Even if you are a little swamped with work." A quiet laugh escaped her, her arms swinging almost childishly at her sides, although the effect probably didn't mix well with her actual appearance.

24. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    "...Oh." His roommate went from sorta passive to cut-throat scary a bit too quickly for comfort, and it was all Jeane could do to keep his nonchalant smirk. For a second, the jinni thought he might have preferred when Ray was calling him something else. Childishly, he reached up and put his hands on his cheeks, offering his face the protection of thin fingers—he really did like this face. Keeping it for just a bit longer was preferable. It was so perfect, after all, though Ray didn't seem to appreciate its potential.

"Fine. I'll leave you alone. You can come join me once you cool down, though. If you're having a bad day, we could talk about it," Jeane slipped, defeated, from Ray's bed, ambling over to 'his side' of the room. "Though I guess you're not interested, yet." As subtly as he could, the 'young' man grabbed his backpack from under the bed, yanking it open and hugging his bottle protectively. He leaped the few steps to the cupboard beside his closet, placing his treasure gently inside and locking it—with the key. Sure, it was uncomfortable, and stuffy, a bit like he imagined humans suffered with a cold, but precautions had to be taken when your roommate had problems and anger issues.

LANA
    "Of course it isn't. Ice cream it is, we'll get you your chocolate." She returned the smile, opting for something a little less of the 'grin' variety. "Math isn't that bad once you get used to the formulas. That being said, can't say I'm the best at it. And I don't always mind the work itself, more the lack of sleep that gets to me. But that's school, isn't it?"

She watched Raine do her little kid arm-swingy thing for a few more moments, stifling a chuckle before she turned towards the entrance/exit and closer to their ice cream 'meal.' It wasn't too far, even when walking, but it did give her a 7 minutes or so of nothing to fill. Still, she wasn't really sure what to fill it with. "So, important question. Do you like basketball?"

25. Characters in this post:
    Ray took a deep breath to try and calm himself down as his roommate finally moved off his bed and away from him. After all, it wouldn't do him any good to really flip out and have to explain to Raine where exactly his roommate had gotten to and why the walls and floor of his dorm were stained with blood. Relax. He finished unpacking his bags, shoving them under his bed to deal with later before sinking onto the mattress. He buried his face in his hands, trying to keep himself from scrubbing at his face. Another breath. He finally chanced to glance through his fingers at the boy, quickly gauging that he'd scared the kid a bit more than he'd really meant to. Sure, he was a nuisance, but lots of people were. And he couldn't really be mad at him for checking Raine out, either, although he'd certainly like to. The boy hadn't technically done anything wrong. Most importantly, if he called Raine only for her to find out that she'd scared his roommate within their first hour of being on campus, she'd be beyond pissed. She was worried enough about them sticking out as it was. SHe'd make him play nice. He didn't want to play nice, though. What he wanted was a cigarette, or maybe some alcohol. Still, another deep sigh later he lifted his head from his hands, still not looking at the boy even as he spoke. "Jo- Shit. Jeane."
    --
    Raine hummed in agreement to Lana's last statement, mostly because it seemed the most appropriate response. It'd been awhile since she had had any sort of formal schooling, after all, even if from what she remembered a lack of sleep had been a significant factor. Her head tilted in response to the other girl's question, taking a moment to consider it. "Do you mean watching or playing? I mean, I've never actually played or anything, so I wouldn't really know. Why do you ask?"

26. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    Jeane smiled sweetly at Ray, pretending he hadn't heard the sighs attesting to how hard it had been for Ray to be nice. "Yes. That's my name. Sounds great. So rough, though. Big boy have anger issues? I could help with that, you know? Do you want that?" Jeane clasped his hands behind his back, but it didn't stop his fingers from twitching with excitement and hunger. His eyes burned brighter with amber fire ready to consume his hunk of a new roommate. But he wouldn't have him yet. Jeane doubted the stubborn boy would go for an easy wish like that, but he teased him with it nonetheless. "What, changed your mind about sharing my bed, yet?"

LANA
    "I mean everything! Just, do you like it? The concept, even! But damn, you haven't played? What sort of life were you living in - where do you come from, again?
    You might've already told me, but I'll be honest, my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be. I'm getting up in age, y'know. But you should give it a try! You're plenty tall enough."

Lana took the opportunity to give Raine a quick, though thorough, glance over. The brunette smiled teasingly as she met her friend's eyes again. "Certainly got the body for it, I'd say. Give it a try. You might love it. And then you could join the team!" She almost jumped onto Raine in giggly excitement, but did her best to contain her happiness in small bounces over the pebbles on the sidewalk.

27. Characters in this post:
    Ray frowned, his eyes finally meeting the boy's. "Please shut up." Eyes shut, another deep breath, a quiet repetition of 'hold your temper, for fuck's sake', before he opened his eyes again and continued, "First of all, I don't share beds with people unless there's been at least a tiny bit of romancing. Understood?"
    --
    "I didn't say. I'm from New York, most recently." Raine shrugged slightly, an amused smile slipping onto her face as she watched the girl's enthusiasm. "As for basketball, I guess I enjoy the concept of it? And I like watching it. But as for playing it, I'm not really.... How do I.... A team player? I like individual sports." That's one way to put it. She did her best attempt at a quick apologetic smile, another shrug falling off her shoulders.

28. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    "Fine." Jeane deflated fairly easily, not wanting to test how deep his roommate's irritability ran. "I like to think of the sex as the romancing, but, I guess that's just me. If you want to romance me, you're more than welcome to go ahead - but I'm gentle, so don't bite." He smirked, "If you want me to romance you. Then, well. Prepare to be swept off your feet, Ray."

LANA
    "New York? Where's the obnoxious accent? No fun if you're not even going to dress the part," she teased, "I'd visit, but it's a bit far away for my pocket's tastes. I guess I get enough of it from television, anyways. And now I have you," She lightly shoved Raine by the shoulder; her roommate didn't seem the type to enjoy that sort of thing, but far be it from Lana to change her habits.

"The offer to be on the team's always open, but if you want something more intimate," she leaned in from behind, resting her chin on Raine's shoulder and grabbing the young woman's hips for a second. "I'm always ready for some 1 on 1 action. Haha, but really! You should try me. I'm the team's star player, I can hit a 3 pointer like no one you've ever seen."

29. Characters in this post:
    Ray couldn't help the snort of laughter, shaking his head slightly. "Good enough. Now, second, I think we probably agree that if we're sharing a room, we'd rather get along than not. So we should probably establish some ground rules that we both know not to cross, so no one's head gets bitten off. Yes?"

---

Really, it was incredible how quickly Lana had gone from passive aggressive annoyance to completely friendly and comfortable. It was amazing how quickly some people could adapt like that. True, Raine didn't really know Lana, but it was definitely better to be on her good side, even if that meant she was going to be touched. A lot. "I mean, I probably won't be much good at it, but that sounds nice." She turned her head to smile at the other girl, shifting slightly out of Lana's hands.

30. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    "Just try to manage to leave me in one piece. You see, I don't like when my men are too rough. I have to be able to walk into classes, when I do go." Jeane winked. "I don't like messes. Don't out my incense. And if you drink in here, pour me a glass, too." He didn't think of himself as too picky with roommates; he'd just about seen it all, and there were few things that grated him anymore.

"Now, I'm assuming besides not touching your anything - sister, sneakers, hair - you have even more rules you're gonna force on me, since you brought it up. I always find the controlling ones. Pity. But go on."

LANA
    "Great!" Lana let Raine slip out of her grip, fully aware that most people didn't enjoy her being all over them - but she couldn't help it, she was just a touchy gal, and Raine looked like the type of woman she'd love to have her hands all over. And she liked basketball? Hot.

Still, she smiled back, pressing her face up against Raine's cheek in her regular invasions of personal space. That being said, Raine's skin was about as chilly as hers, obviously not going to be an easy match for snuggling in winter. "Oh, we should walk quicker - I don't like being out when it's getting dark. If you want, by the way, I can show you a few tricks for shooting. Shooting balls, not guns - I'm not good at shooting guns, sucks. But I bet you have good potential - well, can you jump? Easy for me since I don't have much weighing me down, like, my bras are all just for show, really."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 35