Login to your account

The Interdimensional School of Knowledge

The Interdimensional School of Knowledge was founded long ago by creatures of knowledge, dragons to be specific. They knew how to cross dimensions and the like easily and those that founded this school found some things common amongst them all; Those who needed education in many things including on how to lead their nations, on their powers and abilities, and much much more. So over the course of time this school was formed in an Interdimensional plane and connected to many different dimensions or planes. Of course those who live in t......

Tags: clubs, dorms, dragons, education, fantasy, fighting, futuristic, historical, magic, modern, school, sci-fi, slice of life, training

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Tigerkytti

Created: 07-22-2011, 09:25 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

Welcome to the Interdimensional School of Knowledge!

The ISK was founded so long ago that there isn't a culture that can recall a time before it existed, except for at the school itself, it's founders being the ancient dragons that traveled the planes and dimensions freely.  During their travels, these ancient dragons who valued knowledge greatly saw that there was one common theme amongst every place they went.  The cultures and societies always lacked education in one way or another.  Wars were created due to ignorance, nations destroyed by mindless rulers, races made endangered or extinct due to inability to control their abilities and many other situations that could have been avoided had only education been available. And so they decided to create a school that was accessible to all no matter the plane or dimension they resided on.  Creating something called an Interdimension that sits in nexus point, this was where the school was built. And connected to the school were portals so that students and teachers could come from all over the universe to attend this school and share the knowledge amongst all.  

Every possible subject is covered in this school, as through it's magical nature, this school is always big enough to house all students and teachers.  If a subject is not covered already, a rare occurrence, and it becomes needed, the best teacher in it is located as soon as possible and summoned to the school to teach the students who are in need of being taught that subject.

Now, while class attendance is not mandatory and not part of ones grade, it is possible to be kicked out of the school.  Each time you fail a class you could have passed because you missed that class, it counts against you.  And each person has a max of 3 offenses each before they are expelled.  But commit even one offense 3 times you are promptly sent back to where you came from.

Because of the variety of planes and dimensions this school is connected to, those that live and work at this school are a wide range of races from all sorts of lives from royalty down to the poorest.  And while we don't expect everyone to get along, any racial grudges or traditions that include the harming of another are left in your world.

Also just because you may come from a civilization that is more advanced then another is no reason to lord it over them.  Students are not to torture each other in any manner. 

Rules

Read all of these rules before applying. This is mandatory and not difficult.  If you lie about reading them you'll be kicked out of the rp quickly and with prejudice.  You have been warned.

General OOC Rules
1. Respect.
If you are going to be part of this roleplay you will always try to show basic respect to the other players involved.  Because every living thing deserves to be respected as far as being treated with courtesy and treated with the right to have their own thoughts and feelings. If you can't show at least that much respect then don't bother joining this rp, no need to waste our time or yours.

2. Obey the rp Admin.
For now that is me, and what I says goes.  However I am not unreasonable and am open to reasonable, respectful discussion if you disagree with something.  Just remember the final say is mine.  Questions are also welcome.  Other admins to the rp may be assigned at a later date.  If this happens then they are to be obeyed as well, but if you have a problem with one, instead of causing issues please bring it up with me so any misunderstandings, etc can be sorted out.

3. No One-Liners - if you put in effort, you're all good.  Occasional one-liners are alright, just don't want anyone putting in ones that will kill the rp.  
Please, don't post tiny little posts that consist of one small sentence.  Now, I know sometimes writer's block will happen or one's brain may just fail on them without warning.  And this is understandable and forgivable.   RP does need a bit of give and take for everyone to be able to continue enjoying their experience.

4. Obey the site rules!
I hope this doesn't have to be said, but just in case... do so!  I don't need the trouble.

5.  No Adult Content-
The game is open to all, so no adult situations, HOWEVER, if you really want to play an adult scene, please go to an Adult Forum, or Adult game.  You may link to it of course since underage can't view those places even linked to them.  

6. Teacher Approval- for now the game is going to be left open so no one has to wait on me to approve their characters.  However, I would like anyone who wants to make a teacher to contact me first and just get my approval before making them.   Please do not make me have to put character creation to approval just to make sure about teachers/ staff.

In-Game Rules

1. No killing- this rule comes first and foremost.  There is to be no killing of fellow students or of any staff.  If done in self-defense, one must be able to prove so.

2. Listen to Principal Jannat- no matter what any other teacher or person tells you, Principal Jannat's word overrules them all, as she will never ask anything without very good reason.

3. Unless it contradicts anything said by Principal Jannat, follow whatever you are told by the other school staff.

4. Fighting-  Fighting is PROHIBITED in the majority of the school, this means no fistfights, no fights of honor, revenge, etc.  If you wish to fight, you may schedule a slot in the school Arena in order to fight your opponent.  Otherwise, there is still no sort of fighting or purposeful move made to harm another student. All needs are provided for and as such there should be no reason for harming another.

5. Class- Attending class is NOT mandatory as long as you can keep up on your grades and class work.  If you do not and fail three subjects you will be expelled.

6. Property damage will not be tolerated.  Any student involved in property damage will be required to repair the damaged property. If any student is found to purposely be destroying/damaging property they will be punished severely before being expelled.

7. Visitors- Only approved visitors may come onto school grounds.  There is to be no sheltering, harboring, etc of non-students by students.

8. Pets- Are allowed as long as said pet will not cause problems for anyone at the school.

9. Relationships- Relationships between teachers and students are only allowed if the student is old enough, and there is no favoritism going on.  Teacher/teacher and student/student relationships are also allowed as long as there are no age problems.  If anyone is found in an innappropriate relationship, they have one chance to break it off, if they do not or engage in another one, they will be expelled from the school. 

10. No cheating- any student caught cheating will be made to re-do what was cheated on, remade.  If this however is shown to be a habit, the student will be expelled.

11. Medium forms must be retained while in school to avoid overcrowding and other issues.

I reserve the right to change/add on rules as I see necessary to do so.  Although I will try to alert those in the rp of any changes even before they are made, and afterwards, in the end it is still your responsibility to try and keep up on the rules.