Login to your account

Turn Of The Century

In the turn of the thirteenth century, Arthur Morose finds himself abandoned and helpless in the year 2013. Confused, he seeks guidance from the modern and violent prose of Charlotte Ashdown, who has unwillingly become Arthur's only ticket home. (Note: This is a PRIVATE roleplay)......

Tags: historical, magic, modern, sci-fi

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: OyaDante

Created: 03-29-2013, 10:12 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
  1. Characters in this post:
    She blinks at the sudden multilingual statement, but readjusts herself after a moment, "Sure thing!"

Charl smiles as she pulls him along, "It's this way~!"

The two walk through the streets for a few minutes, but finally stop where a quaint apartment building stands. The female smiles again before turning to the other, "Here we are!"

2. Characters in this post:
    "Grazie, signora! Would you er .. Accompany me home?"

3. Characters in this post:
    He seems sad, and Charl pouts as she attempts to think of a way to remedy the situation.

Her eyes light up as she figures it out, "Then..."

The girl smiles, "I'll be your new home!"

4. Characters in this post:
    "No .. No, I'm good.." He awkwardly holds the cone as he scans the bustling street with glassy eyes. "Just a bit .. home sick."

5. Characters in this post:
    She giggles more, her face lighting up with pleasure, "It's ice cream, silly! Isn't it good?" Charl licks hers as well, "Are you calming down now? Or do you need more food?" Her smile is as sweet and as earnest as ever, and she looks to Arthur for an answer.

6. Characters in this post:
    His face darkens and it hollows his cheek bones, illuminating how skinny he is. He takes the strange and chilling treat with a tentative bite. It sends bitter shockwaves through his teeth but it is immensely sweet and delicious. "What .. What is this?" He licks remains from his lips.

7. Characters in this post:
    Charl giggles a little more, “Why not?” She doesn’t stop to hear his answer, and instead darts off to purchase ice cream from the nearby truck. She’d ordered vanilla, and the ever classical vanilla chocolate swirl for Arthur.

Charl skips back, placing the cone in his hands, “Here ya go! Don’t be shy, just take a bite!”

((SCREAMS OH MY GOD I DIDN’T REALIZE YOU POSTED WHAT W H A T GOM EN Q U Q ))

8. Characters in this post:
    "I- I don't think I'd be able to eat ma'am!" The thought of mutton makes his cheeks swirl a pale green. It's all to much for him to take in and he leans against the

9. Characters in this post:
    Seeing his reactions just makes her giggle all the more. "A car, you silly! We ride around in them as opposed to a horse or something- are those what you ride?"

She doesn't wait to hear his answer, instead, pulling him through the forest at an alarmingly fast rate. Charl is on the track team, after all.

The pair burst out of the forest like deer, and Arthur is pulled into a nearby Dairy Queen. "Wait here," Charl tells him, an eager smile on her face, "You'll get to eat something good if you do~"

10. Characters in this post:
    "C-Car?! What is a car?! Where are you taking me! Who are you?" The silly man rambles his fears and terrors into the clear sky. His head is spinning and his stomach is churning.

11. Characters in this post:
    At his reaction to the car, Charl giggles, "You really aren't from anywhere around here, are you?" she says, still chuckling, "That is what we humans call a car."

At this point, Charl isn't sure if the red haired man in front of her is an alien or something else, but she knows one thing- he's very interesting. So she gives him a smile, and grabs his hand, "I know something that you'd like! Come with me!"

12. Characters in this post:
    "Merriweather .. What a peculiar na-" Arthur cut short with a startled shriek. He stumbled backwards pointing to a speeding car. "WHAT DEVIL SPAWN IS THAT?!"

13. Characters in this post:
    Frederick? Elkwood? Charl doesn't recognize these names. Perhaps he is a foreigner? But his accent is of this region...Charl's brows furrow again, "Those places are not here," Charl replies, "This town is Merriweather, London."

14. Characters in this post:
    "It's quite all right." He chuckles, brushing off the concern of his shin. "I ... uh ... you see I was in the forest of Elkwood, and I was on my way to the small town of Frederick to meet with council... But it seems this is not Elkwood .."

15. Characters in this post:
    The young lady gasps as he stands up, as she hadn't expected him to be a good few inches taller than she.

The first thing she wonders when he starts talking to her is why he is using milady in the twenty first century. His speech is also quite fancy and does not suit this age. Charl tilts her head, "Lost your way? It's such a small town, too, how could you have lost your way? Are you perhaps a visitor of some sort?" she asks, confused.

It is now that she notices the bloody scrape on his shin. Immediately, her eyes widen and her brows furrow in concern, "Are you alright? No no, that's not a suitable question...I should get you help, right away!"

16. Characters in this post:
    Arthur is torn from his dilemma for a brief moment. He stands, hissing. "O-Oww, oww, oww!" Grabbing his shin, he pulls it up to discover it bleeding.

"Pardon me, milady. Is there any chance you may enlighten my of my current where-about?" Arthur sniffles dirt, burning his nostrils and scans his perimeter with great uncertainty.

"I have uh .. appeared to have lost my way.."

17. Characters in this post:
    She is just an ordinary girl who has decided to take a short walk in town. Not because she needs to pick up milk for her mother, or because she wants to play with the children in the park. No siree, Charlotte Ashdown is just strolling along the sidewalk because she feels like it.

She breathes in the dewy morning air, a smile on her face as she skips along, "Huu huu, I wonder what I'll see today~?"

Charl's smile is bright and cheery, but that soon disappears when something heavy falls to the ground with a thud, scattering dust everywhere. She squints through the airborn dirt, and is surprised to see a redhead on the ground, around her age, actually. "H-hello!" she chirps, "Are you alright?"

18. Characters in this post:
    He feels the wave of acidic vomit well in his throat first. Rationalizing thoughts come second. Each tumble is a whirl, an endless churn to the nausea that curses his senses. He clenches his teeth, lips pulled taut across his face.

Arthur remembers the lady's face. Her skin had been rough, like hide. Her face, narrow and pointed. He only wished he knew what she had done to him. Briefly, he wonders what is even happening. Dust overloads his nostril and he is dropped rudely to the hard ground. He coughs. Spluttering the thin sheets of dust from his lungs.

He garners his wits and leans up with a heft. Arthur blinks owlishly. He scans the perimeter. This isn't right ... Something is amiss.. Arthur frowns.

"Where am I?"