Login to your account

The Island of the Cursed

You live in a world where everyone appreciates your abnormalities, or so you thought. They wanted you dead, and you don't know where to run. Finally, you wake up on a mysterious island. You are greeted by a bunch of other kids with somewhat similar abnormalities. Yes they can use powers just like you. After you and the others were cast onto this island, you and the others were referred to as the "Cursed". Now the humans have some kind of a plan to exterminate you and all the "Cursed", but that's not all they want t......

Tags: action, adventure, drama, military, sci-fi, supernatural

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: vickiazn

Created: 06-22-2012, 02:58 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 91

1. Characters in this post:
    "Even if you defeat it, the earpiece will still be able to gather information and give orders. Someone has to rip the cords from its brain!" Orianna shouted as she fell on her back. Afraid to get up, she grabbed the gun and shot it to see if it would disconnect. Her aim was a bit distorted, so she missed. Just then, a fox like girl appeared.
    "I don't know the situation, but I'll do as you say." Renee as she came running into the scene. She jumped from tree to tree and landed just right on top of its head. She ripped out all the strings that looked like wires and jumped. She handed them to Orianna.
    "Will this do?" she said in an innocent voice. Orianna gave the girl a small nod and watched as the cyborg's body stopped moving.
    'I can't wait to see you again Ori-' the voice said as the cyborg's earpiece was disconnected.

2. Characters in this post:
    "Oh. . . It seems like they were able to defeat it." Reed laughed as he watched the children battle one of his prototypes.
    "I wonder how the other villagers will defend against the others." he said activating the mic. once more and activating the others.

3. Characters in this post:
    Lewis attempted to keep control of the human half as the other people attacked it. 'Looks like they've strengthen their control of their power's since I've left. Feels really good to be back but lets see how long that lasts. Crap.' Lewis lost connection with the human half for a split second. Just long enough for it to swat the bird attacking it. Lewis quickly regained control. "Sorry bout that he kinda broke free." Lewis watched as the cyborg went down. His eyes widened as he heard what it said before it powered down. Lewis severed the cyborg's connection with its human brain after it 'died' to ensure its not going to randomly come back. Lewis' eyes slowly returned back to normal as he walked over to Orianna helping her up. "I don't know what that's all about, but looks like someone wan't you..." He said placing a hand on her shoulder. "We can get through this. One cyborg at a time."

4. Characters in this post:
    "For some reason, I remember the voice. I don't remember their objective. I lost all memories before going to this island." Orianna said as she put her hand over her eye.
    "Just who is he. And what does he want from me?" she asked herself as she tried to dig in through her mind.
    "Lewis, Can you go through people's minds and help them recover memories?" she asked.

5. Characters in this post:
    Lewis thought for a second. "Well yea I kinda can. I mean I can kinda send you into your head but you'll have to find the memory on your own. Once inside your mind it'll be a long hallway full of doors; with each door leading to a memory. Here's the downside tho..." Lewis paused for a second taking a breath. "It'll be like your reliving your memories meaning what happens to the past you will be felt by you now. Say you have a memory of burning your hand...You will actually feel your hand burn. And you can still be hurt by your memories." Lewis struggled to think of an example for this one. "Say you have a memory of you dodging, oh I don't know, and arrow. If you walk in front of that arrow it will still hurt you....get it? Pretty much your memories can hurt you. Don't worry tho. I will be watching you but I can't see anything unless you want me too, however; I can see if you get hurt and if you do I'm pulling you back into reality without so much as a second thought."

6. Characters in this post:
    "Please do it. I need to find out why he is trying to terrorize us. I might even be able to find out what my powers are." Orianna said desperately.
    "If you want, you don't have to do it now. You can rest first." she said being considerate of the situation.

7. Characters in this post:
    "Alright Ori." Lewis said as he closed his eyes. "Before I start I need to in form you guys that while she's in her head she will not be able to move let alone fight. And I'll be able to help out however I wouldn't be able to put all of my focus into fighting. I'm going to need you guys to watch out for more cyborgs ok. If you see anymore start to attack. I should still be able to control their human half but that's about it." Lewis looked back at Orianna and slowly opened his eyes. The black from his pupils completely engulfed the white of his eyes. He locked eyes wiht Orianna and placed a hand on her forehead starting the technique. "Remember if you need me to see something or pull you out just concentrate and think it. I'll be right here." Lewis said as he could feel Orianna fall into her subconscious. He caught her body as her legs gave out and gently leaned he up against a tree. Losing eye contact many time; luckly it isn't needed.

8. Characters in this post:
    Orianna felt herself slip into unconsciousness. When she opened her eyes, she was in an almost endless hallway that had many doors on each side. She darted back and forth as she looked around for a door to start at. When she went further down, she saw locks on many doors.
    Lewis. . . what does this mean? Why are there locks on some of the doors?
    She concentrated really hard. Her eyes landed on a door without a lock. She ran and quickly opened the door. Her eyes widened when she saw what was behind. There were a bunch of kids, all with powers, in what looked like an asylum. She watched as her pastself was thrown into a cage. One other dude walks in with a smirk.
    "She's a weakling. What can she do?" he said a loud with an arrogant laugh. She heard the noise of a gong. The boy's fist began to glow as he punched her around, not even giving her a chance to escape. She felt it, all the pain, the punches, the kicks.
    "I've had enough of you." he said as his hand turned into some kind of a dagger. He jabbed her several times. One in the arm, the side, the shoulder, the legs, and the thigh. She started to scream as she watched the jab wounds appear all over her body. She was panicking now. She coughed up blood as he finished jabbing her and left her there. She couldn't think straight, so she wasn't able to ask for help. She felt like she was dying. Right then and there.

9. Characters in this post:
    "It means that it's not the right time to return to those memories. Tends to happen when people repress them." Lewis said although only Orianna could hear him. Lewis glanced around and noticed that the coast was still clear of all cyborgs. He sighed relaxing a bit. 'Looks like things are starting to look up again.' Lewis looked back at Orianna. 'Spoke too soon.' Lewis concentrated forcing the door to close and Orianna to be pushed back into the hallway. Since the door was closed Orianna's wounds should be healed. "Glad you didn't walk in there. Would've had to pull you back into reality. What happened in there? What did you see?"

10. Characters in this post:
    Orianna was clutching her head, shaking. Tears were dripping from her face.
    "I can't believe I used to belong there. I would never be able to do that. What did I do to belong in that place? Please don't look in there. I shouldn't have opened that door." she murmured a bunch of stuff. She sounded deranged and delusional.
    "Lewis, have I ever acted crazy? Crazy enough to belong to an asylum." she asked not having enough strength to lift her head up.

11. Characters in this post:
    Lewis hated seeing Orianna like this. He knew it would be too risky with the cyborgs running around for him to go in her head and consul her. "Don't worry I won't look in the room. I can only see memories you want me too." Lewis said as calmly as possible. The question threw him off. "Crazy enough to be in an asylum? No...It probably has to do with your power. Remember its just your past...just your past. You gotta keep looking if you want answers..."

12. Characters in this post:
    A cyborg had attacked Dorcas out of no where. She attempted to grab her dagger from her boot, but before she could use it to protect herself the cyborg had her by the throat. It lifted her off the ground, causing her to drop the dagger and scream loudly. It was choking her and there wasn't really anything she could do about it. Just before she passed out someone had attacked the cyborg causing it to drop her. She barely felt the male catch her and set her to the side.

Her vision blurred in and out as she sat where she had been placed, gasping for air. Bruises already appearing from where the cyborg had been choking her. She could her the fight around her and could only hope that the male whom she hear was the one that was winning. A few quiet curses came from her as she sat there feeling helpless, her vision slowly becoming normal. "I'll melt that damn thing..." The air around her warmed a few degrees.

13. Characters in this post:
    "Lewis, I'm scared. . . Please watch what's going on, not the memories, but me." Orianna asked him as she slowly got to her feet and opened another door. Inside that door, she could see what looked like her pastself messing around in a daycare center.
    "I seem to be enjoying myself." she whispered as she watched herself play around with a bunch of other kids. She left that room assuming that she wouldn't need anything from there.

14. Characters in this post:
    Elain watched what was going on apprehensively. The emotion was so raw, it almost burned. She felt for Orianna's predicament; recovering memories would be an emotional and nerve racking experience. She might not be the same person when she was done.
    She turned her attention to the hawk, who had his wing knocked out of place. She popped it back in quickly, with an audible angry squawk from the hawk. He flew away, free of mind control, and sent back a thought expressing his hunger. Elain had interrupted his hunt.
    The tense girl turned back to the pair working with their minds. She unsheathed two wooden daggers, circling them with her front to the woods. No one would sneak up on them while she was near.

15. Characters in this post:
    Dante walked over to the girl and knelt down to her "Are you alright Dorcas?" was all he felt like asking, the heat didn't bother him he'd been hit by fireballs and set on fire dozens of times so he was used to burns and heat. The cyborg began to get up and as it jumped at him, he got up and grabbed it and slammed it into the ground, blue energy surrounded his body like and aura and he threw the cyborg into the air. He channelled the energy into a ball and shot it at the cyborg, destroying it. He looked to Dorcas and offered her a hand up.

16. Characters in this post:
    Lewis noticed the girl surrounding them. He nodded, a quick thanks, then closed his eyes so he could see Orianna agian. "It'll be ok. I'm here watching don't worry." Lewis said once again so only Orianna could hear. 'I hope she finds what she's looking for. This feeling of vulnerability is killing me. Maybe I'm being pessa-mis-whatever that word for being down is but I have a bad feeling coming on.' Lewis thought as he continued to watch.

17. Characters in this post:
    Dorcas looked at the boy, giving a slight nod. “Yeah, I think so. Thanks for the help Dante,” her voice came out horse and sounding strange. At least my vision is cleared up now. Her eyes darted to the cyborg when it lunged at the boy. She watched as Dante finished off the cyborg, a small fireball in her hand just in case. Once the fight was over the fireball disappeared from her hand. It hadn’t been needed and she was somewhat thankful for that. Looking up at Dante she took his hand as she went to stand.

Once on her feet she glanced over at the remains of the cyborg. “What was that thing?” Unconsciously she traced the bruises on her neck, lightly rubbing them with her right hand. “Did it have something to do with that pod thing that crashed?” All of her talking caused her to start coughing due to her throat being somewhat dry from the ordeal she had went through. She tried hard not to wince at the pain. Her eyes returned to Dante in a failed attempt to read his face.

18. Characters in this post:
    Sounds of the crashing pod and fighting awake Ryou from his nap. The young boy yawned and stretched lazily on the branch where he laid. A few moments passed as he looked about, listening to figure out where the sounds were coming from. He was positive they were coming from the West. Quickly his slipped off the tree branch, hitting the ground at a full run. Swiftly he moved through the forest towards the sounds he had heard. The fighting was over well before he reached the crash site.

He slowed his pace when Elain came into sight. While approaching the others he called out so they would know it was ok. “Hey Elain, what is all of the ruckus about? I was having such a nice nap.” A big grin spread across his face.

19. Characters in this post:
    "Probably...go see the healer, that thing had a strong grip" he said his expression neutral not seeming to concerned for Dorcas. But he naturally cared about everyone in the village, he protected them from all sorts of things, the trouble makers, animals and now cyborgs it seemed.

20. Characters in this post:
    Elain watched the forest patiently. It mix of greens and browns and greys, a comprehensive abstract painting coming alive with critters and creatures that go bump in the night. Her home.
    She snapped out of her idle thoughts to greet the approaching Ryou, "A pod crashed, and a cyborg came out of it and attacked us. We handled that, but Orianna decided to do a memory search. Try being a little quieter, so they can concentrate." She rolled her eyes at his wide grin, smiling a bit herself. In a way, his laid back, optimistic attitude was contagious.

21. Characters in this post:
    “Yeah, you’re probably right,” Dorcas replied, lowering her eyes. Sure Dante was one of the ones that always protected the others, but she felt embarrassed that she wasn’t able to protect herself and had to be saved. She had no doubt that her embarrassment shown on her face as well as some of the pain she was in. After a few moments of silences she looked back up at the boy, a fake smile on her face. “Sorry for causing you trouble and thank you again for saving me Dante.” Without another word she turned on her heel, the smile disappearing. She stared walking off in the direction of the healer, though she had no intention of going there at least not yet anyway. There was something else she wanted to do first.

22. Characters in this post:
    “Oops, my bad?” Ryou said before clasping his hands over this mouth. He chuckled slightly at her reaction to him. After a few moments he uncovered his mouth. The silver haired boy kept silent until he was only a few feet away from Elain. “I see, so then I guess we need to keep a look out then. Any idea where the pod with the cyborg came from or what it’s after,” he asked, making sure to be quieter.

In a way he was sad that he missed the fight, but of course he was bored easily which caused him to be so lazy. While waiting for her reply he glanced over at the crashed pod. It was a curious looking object to him. He had little knowledge of mechanical objects. Especially ones so technologically advanced as the pod. His head tilted to the side as he gazed at the shiny metal object resting in a crater.

23. Characters in this post:
    "Get me outta here. There's nothing left but childhood memories and locked doors." Orianna said as she continued to open doors and touch locks.

24. Characters in this post:
    Elain cast a sideways glance after Kyou silently approached. He moved as silently as she. Her eyes dragged away to every noise and rustle in the woods in alarm. "I don't know where the cyborg and pod came from. Orianna might though." Elain though a little bit more, and lowered her voice, "I'm hoping the cyborg was meant to go somewhere else, and crashed by accident. If the pod is somewhat intact in the right places, maybe we can get a techie on that, see if it had a set destination."

As much as Elain would love to believe that the cyborg crashed because of a malfunction in the pod, her gut feeling was off. The whole thing made her uneasy. If the pod was meant to crash here, why would they only send one? That is severely underestimating us. Unless he- or she- sent the pod to discover our abilities, in which case, I am totally fucked. She chewed her lower lip anxiously, eyes scanning the wood.

Elain's thoughts shattered when she heard a stick break off somewhere nearby. She glanced at Kyou, then back where the sound emanated from, taking a few steps forward.

25. Characters in this post:
    Lewis opened his eyes as the pupil slowly returned back to its normal size. At just the same speed Orianna returned back to the outside world. Lewis laid on his back and rubbed his eyes. The nagging pain for overuse was starting to kick in. "Find what you where looking for Ori?" Lewis asked as he closed his eyes to give them rest. He heard the voice of more people but he didn't bother opening his eyes to look. Lewis heard the faint crunch of a twig breaking and his eyes shot open. He sighed and slowly stood up, watching as Elain walked towards the source of the noise.

26. Characters in this post:
    Ryou gave a slight nod to Elain. “Hopefully that is the case. It would be nice if it is still somewhat intact so we maybe find out what the cyborg’s objective was.” He watched the girl standing by him noticing her nervousness. He didn’t blame her one bit. This situation was starting to rub him the wrong way so to speak as well. Unconsciously he moved a little closer to her upon the sound of a stick breaking. He glanced at Lewis and Ori before turning his attention back to the direction of the noise. A soft rustling noise came for the same area as the twig break. Curious about the noises he moved to the side then forward a bit, listening.

27. Characters in this post:
    "Nothing." Orianna said with a sigh. She looked up as she heard the snap of the twig.
    "I must have drained a lot of energy from you." she said as she got up.
    Damn it. . . Why now of all times?

28. Characters in this post:
    Elain pricked her ears up on instinct. She didn't want to greet the animal with her mind, it might scare it into attacking. She took another step forward, ready to pounce on anything that moved.
    A blur of brown sailed past her ear, and she squealed and jumped back in surprise. A flipping rabbit, that was all. Elain growled at herself in frustration, and flipped around to observe Orianna, if she was doing alright.

29. Characters in this post:
    "Aww. . . A rabbit." Orianna cooed as it jumped out. She gave a giggle to Elain surprised reaction. She didn't say anything afraid to piss her off.
    "There doesn't seem to be a threat for now, so I think we should go check on the villages." she suggested.

30. Characters in this post:
    Elain blew at the bangs hanging in her face, sweeping them aside. Startled by a bunny rabbit. Jesus, I'm getting rusty. she then shook her head in dismissal and watched the startled rabbit hop away. It might have been scared by the crash, or the fight, or both. Or something else. No... I'm being paranoid, that's all.
    Elain nodded at Orianna and turned to head back into the dark forest, and away from the strange machinery.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 91