Login to your account

The Island of the Cursed

You live in a world where everyone appreciates your abnormalities, or so you thought. They wanted you dead, and you don't know where to run. Finally, you wake up on a mysterious island. You are greeted by a bunch of other kids with somewhat similar abnormalities. Yes they can use powers just like you. After you and the others were cast onto this island, you and the others were referred to as the "Cursed". Now the humans have some kind of a plan to exterminate you and all the "Cursed", but that's not all they want t......

Tags: action, adventure, drama, military, sci-fi, supernatural

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: vickiazn

Created: 06-22-2012, 02:58 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
  1. Characters in this post:
    He had trekked through the woods for what he would assume was a couple of hours. It was time for a smoke break. Tau flicked open his lighter and lit a cigar while leaning against the tree, looking up into the sky above the branches. The sun was still beating down so it was probably best he was in the shade. Turning his attention back to the forest, it seemed that they went on and on forever. In fact, he wasn't even sure which direction he came in from. Forests were not his forté, he was too used to urban areas and city streets, maybe a few mountains here and there. He blew a few smoke rings and started slinking down on the tree he was resting on. "Might as well do something while I'm here." He thought to himself, opening up his left eye. It whirred into activity as he started scanning the area around him, attempting to pick up any non-wildlife heat signatures around him.

2. Characters in this post:
    Ryou wandered further off into the forest. Things seemed to have settled down, at least for now. The boy yawned and stretched as he walked, his eyes scanning his surroundings for unusual movement. Even though he wanted to go back to the nap that was interrupted earlier he knew it would be wiser to patrol the forest for a while. "How boring. I wish something exciting would happen," he said to himself.

3. Characters in this post:
    Tau smiled, watching her attempt to gobble the contents of ration disc he provided her. Noting the innocence and sense of intrigue about her. Though he was a bit baffled by her speech patterns. It was quite apparent to him that English wasn't her first language. But he did his best to communicate with her, even if it was Tarzan and Jane pacing. "I'm Tau." He pointed to himself as he said it, "I'm..." there was a pause in his speech. There was no way he could tell her he was the enemy, he didn't know what sort of powers Toreon had, and he didn't have the heart to kill someone he just helped. But he couldn't tell her he was a friend either. That would be underhanded and cruel, his conscience wouldn't allow that. "I'm a human. I don't want to hurt you. Rest, finish the water and ration. Then I will be leaving." He felt as if he covered most bases with that, didn't say he was a friend, and implied he didn't want to harm her, not unless he had to of course. He continued to watch her eat and drink from the canteen, sort of clumsily, letting out a chuckle. It was kind of amusing. When she had finished emptying the canteen, she placed it in front of him and he took it gingerly, slinging it over his shoulder. "Well, I suppose that's that. Take care, be safe." At this point, it seemed he was coming off a bit rude, but she looked better and should be sustained for the next while. It was time to carry out his mission. Her life will be spared for now. Tau stood up and brushed himself off, giving the frightened looking girl a wave before making his way into the woods that sat close to the mountains.

4. Characters in this post:
    Toreon went in and out of consciousnesses but was fully aware of the strange man coming closer to her.
    He held out something...but what?
    She tried to speak but was so tired and nauseous she couldn't bear mouthing the words.
    As the man came closer what he was holding became quite clear, it was one of those... nutrient packs she thought... She didn't know the language so her naming of foreign things may have been off. She took the food, like she did when she was held captive in earth, and attempted to somehow...place it in her mouth.
    She missed.. but at the least got a taste of what the packet held.
    Toreon sat up, it didn't take much to get her energized..depending on what she took, then look at the man with a cocked head.
    "What are you... human...alien.
    Friend..?
    Why are you helping me?.... "

Then she paused... This was her first encounter with...well anybody from the island. She needs to do this right.
    "Wait sorry...Let...me start...uhhh" She searched for the words that described how she felt.
    "Let me start.. over. My Name is Toreon. What are ...is yours?

5. Characters in this post:
    Saiya hid high in the tree's "i agree with that the old owl does seem a bit mean"she spoke in a small whisper to a little bird. It tweeted with happiness and spread its wing and flew away. She caught a glimps of some one watching her

6. Characters in this post:
    He noticed her hesitancy as she pulled back away from him, only to collapse again under her own weakness. It became apparent it was one of 'them', the special kids with magical abilities. It was understood that his mission involved taken out people like the one before him, but if seeing countless children dying of starvation, emaciation and disease had taught him anything, the true purpose of the military was to help those in need. With that thought in mind, he sat down on the dusty ground and crossed his legs. "Ssh..." he said in a low voice, "don't worry, you'll be fine." He pulled a ration pack out of his belt and checked the label 'Steak and Mashed Potatoes'. The rations provided by the current regime he served under came in little circular canisters, each containing about 10-12 miniature discs. When chewed they released a simulated flavor, flavor of course being used loosely. It would give the consumer the same amount of nutrients as a regular meal, and fill them up for quite a while. Definitely a magnificent technological advancement, and a life saver during guerrilla warfare when food was scarce.
    Slowly Tau extended his arms, disc in one hand, canteen of water in the other. He did this deliberating so as not to startle the...person...before him. "Here, chew this, and have some water, you need something in your stomach or else you'll perish." There was a sincere tone in his voice. He kept his scarred robotic eye shut tight, so as not to scare her even more.

7. Characters in this post:
    Wake up.
    Wake up.

Something Odd, Something New.
    Danger. Smell.
    What is that smell?
    Wake up!

Toreon was unable to move any part of her body except for her hand.
    Subconsciously she felt and caressed the string until suddenly she grew very aware. She jumped up so fast that she knocked herself right back down.
    With her silver eyes open and jumping from one place to another, she locked her sites on the man in front of her.

Still feeling quite debilitated, Toreon stayed helpless on the ground but never lost eye contact with the odd man.

You smell toxic. Why are you here? Are you the one who Tics and Tocs?
    Why do you carry many things? Why are you here? This my home. How did you find me? No one knows I'm here, but I'm the only one who belongs. Leave. What are you? Who are you?

Toreon searched for answers in her head but she was too weak.
    Her eyes went back to normal and she started to breathe as if she had just finished running the border of the island.
    She looked at the confused man and with her last few breath she managed to say,

Can't stop, I...I...Food.

8. Characters in this post:
    "Great," Tau said discarding his parachute, "just great."
    A small miscalculation had landed him next to the island's mountain, opposed to the shoreline where he was supposed to touch ground. This was an upsetting setback to his original plans; storm-beach, takeout whomever is in the way, find the girl, get out. Now, he had no clue where his bearings were, which was going to make this mission a bit more difficult then it already was. Not only was he up against people with tremendous powers, he didn't even know where on this island he was!
    "Ugh." Tau sighed, slinking against a nearby rock, and pulling a cigar out of its case, quickly lighting it. He drew a few big puffs and blew the smoke into the air. As he took another drag, he squinted, noticing something in the distance. He cocked his head a bit and opened his left eye with a mechanical whir. It focused on the horizon, and began picking up heat signatures. It was a young girl.
    Tau's moral instincts kicked in, he put out his cigar on the rock and made his way cautiously to the laying figure. Yup, it was definitely a girl, she look emaciated, and obviously passed out. There was on appearance about her though. He wasn't used to seeing people with horns, let alone green hair.
    He knelt down slowly and nudged her softly. "Hello? Miss, are you alright?"

9. Characters in this post:
    Orianna blushed a little.
    "Okay! And don't get killed either. . . Not that I have to worry about that." she said with a smile.

10. Characters in this post:
    Dante sighed and shrugged, he just rubbed the back of his neck and looked the the two and said "Just don't get killed". He's seen too many Mystics die and he did everything he could to prevent it but most of the dead ones were the dumb and over confident ones.

11. Characters in this post:
    Orianna gave him a respect bow.
    "I'm sorry that this situation was very inconvenient for you, but I myself don't even know what's going on." she said.

12. Characters in this post:
    "Excuse me if I don't believe you...whenever something happens on this island you two are usually in the middle of it and I'm the one who has to clean up the mess..." Dante said as his aura faded.

13. Characters in this post:
    Toreon sat at the top of the mountain like she did every morning, wondering what new discovery she'll make today. Her eyes were growing to become sensitive so she kept them closed as often as possible. Holding on to the string she listened carefully, nothing. "What is happening to me?" she said in a deep distinct voice. Toreon hadn't eaten for days now, to much new and exciting things to discover and it was clearly affecting her.
    Tick Toc goes rhythm to the contraption stuck on their arm. "Whose arm... Tiick..Toc..Tick..TOC" If Toreon had been fully rested and fed she would know who had the watch in an instant, but times of excitement like these made her go mad and she'd be on edge for days.. even weeks. Who knows when she would finally calm down, she'd never learned so much in the past year than she did her entire life.
    "I want to meet them"
    "I want what goes Tick Toc Tick Toc.... I want to destroy it. That deafening noise."

Toreon became quickly enraged but had no energy to fuel it, instead she fell off the tip of the mountain straight to the ground. She lost consciousness and laid there helpless and exposed.

14. Characters in this post:
    Kelsey sat down on the beach and smiled, she ran a hand through her hair "well, this is life." She said and enjoyed the veiw

15. Characters in this post:
    Orianna felt chills run up and down her back as Dante approached them.
    "D-dante, I-i don't know a-anything. I-i swear." she stuttered. She was trying to cover up as much as she can until she understood everything.

16. Characters in this post:
    Elain removed her mind from her surroundings; nothing out of the ordinary. The animals were apprehensive, but not panicking. She moved from her crouched position. The thin strands of grass against her sensitive legs were bothering her.
    She turned to Evelyn, "I'm headed home, alright?" Evelyn was one of the people she could actually stand to be around, being as she moved quietly and somehow didn't rub her nerves the wrong way.

17. Characters in this post:
    Dante walked to Orianna and Lewis from behind, grabbed their shoulders and said "You two start talking...why was I attacked by a guy with machine parts in his body? or better yet...where the hell were you two?". His body was surrounded by a blue aura, those that knew him well enough to notice would know he was either under alot of stress or very annoyed or angry.

18. Characters in this post:
    Lewis laughed. "Yea it is isn't it. Um sure. I mean as long as I'm not intruding." Lewis said shrugging. He looked over to her house. 'Looks pretty nice an cozy. I'm sure I'll enjoy this.'

19. Characters in this post:
    "Hm. . . that's a problem. Why don't you sleep in my house for a while? I have an extra room." Orianna offered as she pointed to her house. It had a nice view of the Edge-less falls.

20. Characters in this post:
    Lewis looked around the village again as they entered. 'Man this place has changed.' "Uh I cant say I do." Lewis said laughing. 'That's kinda odd. I know I've been gone for a while but that should be something I can remember.' Lewis shrugged off his own thought.