Login to your account

The Island of the Cursed

You live in a world where everyone appreciates your abnormalities, or so you thought. They wanted you dead, and you don't know where to run. Finally, you wake up on a mysterious island. You are greeted by a bunch of other kids with somewhat similar abnormalities. Yes they can use powers just like you. After you and the others were cast onto this island, you and the others were referred to as the "Cursed". Now the humans have some kind of a plan to exterminate you and all the "Cursed", but that's not all they want t......

Tags: action, adventure, drama, military, sci-fi, supernatural

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: vickiazn

Created: 06-22-2012, 02:58 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in Labyrinth Forest

Secret hideout, hangout. Shh, there's another secret.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 54

1. Characters in this post:
    Orianna(her nick name) walked around in the forest for quite a while keeping guard on the village. She clutched at the bow she had hanging beside her as she heard a noise. She couldn't tell what it was until she got a glimpse of the clothes that belong to a male. Afraid that he might be heading towards the village, she ran after him.

2. Characters in this post:
    Lewis stopped running and began looking around. He knew someone was following him but because of there speed there was no way it could have been a normal human. 'I had only been gone for about a year or so...surly they still remember me. But I have to be ready in case not.' Lewis sighed and scanned the area to find out where the potential threat was coming from. 'Better to handle this situation before going back to my village.' Lewis thought. "Show yourself."

3. Characters in this post:
    "Are you part of the Military?" Orianna interrogated as she stepped into the same clearing the guy was in. She drew back the arrow while waiting for his response. She eyed him carefully and analyzed the stranger.
    He seems so familiar. . .

4. Characters in this post:
    Lewis laughed and shook his head. 'Guess it has been a long time.' "Orianna do I look like I'm part of the military? Did you really forget me after a year? Guess I can't blame you. It's me....Lewis...Lewis Williams. So much for remembering your friends." Lewis laughed at his own imagination. He expected it to be someone new. Someone who he would have to use his powers on to escape from. He was happy that he didnt have to use that much energy.

5. Characters in this post:
    Orianna dropped her bow in shock. On impulse she ran to him and hugged him.
    "Oh. My. Gosh. What did they do to you? Did you seriously escape? I thought security was pretty tight there." she said so excitedly as she released him.
    "Come, we gotta go back to Mystic Village and tell everyone your back!" she said excitedly as she grabbed Lewis' hand and ran in the direction of the village.

6. Characters in this post:
    Lewis hugged her back allowing himself to finally relax now that he was home. "Tried their hardest to get information about everyone out of me. Don't worry I told them nothing. Spending all that time in there allowed me to hone my power...that's how I was able to escape. I 'convinced' him to let me leave. You have no idea how tight there security is...I would hate to get taken again."

Orianna released him and he smiled. "Glad to see you haven't changed much." Lewis said with a small laugh. His eyes widened and he looked at the sky as she mentioned Mystic Village. "It...it seems like forever has passed since I've been there....Lets go."

7. Characters in this post:
    Elain hung in a tree in the deep part of the forest. The silence was welcoming, sweet and buoyant. Her peers flew in the air above her head, crawled over trees and stalked from the bushes. All was silent, all was calm. Until she heard talking off somewhere in the distance.
    It was too muffled to hear exact words, but the speaking was definitely there. The birds took no notice, nearby predators, however, took flight along with their prey. Elain stayed in her tree, waiting in them to pass, notice, or do something to provoke her. "Do I hear them walking off...?"

8. Characters in this post:
    "Oh, what's that?" Renee said in surprise as she looked at the sky.
    "Eh, they don't look like birds. I'm going to ask Elain." she said as she ran off into the Labyrinth forest.

9. Characters in this post:
    Orianna didn't say anything. She just smiled and kept running. They both ran for a while until they got to a certain extent. They heard a loud crash as they got closer and closer to the drone. When she reached there, she was kinda surprised to see an open capsule with nothing.
    "Were we too late?" she said as she turned to Luis.

10. Characters in this post:
    Lewis stopped running and stared at the capsule. "It seems that way. But you know what they say...not everything is what it seems. We should look around and see if we can find any trace of that thing." Lewis said as he walked up to the open pod. He looked inside examining the controls inside. 'Seems a little small for a normal human to fit in here...odd.'

11. Characters in this post:
    Elain looked up to see the pods shooting across the sky. She climbed higher in her tree perch to check out the fireworks, and watch it play out. It crashed heavily into the earth, making the tree she was crouched in vibrate uneasily. She bit her lip uneasily, then climbed out of the safety of the greenery to investigate.
    As she approached, she heard the noises of voices, and quickly darted back into another tree to observe the... capsule from there. A man was there, along with a smaller girl. Elain turned her attention from the people to the smoking bit of machinery.

12. Characters in this post:
    "Elain, where are you?" she shouted. She didn't know the situation she was in. She then saw two people investigating the crashed pod.
    I knew it, it was too strange to look like a bird.

13. Characters in this post:
    "Lewis watch out!" she said as she turned around. She pushed him out of the way, jumped back, and shot it with a pistol. She was able to damage something that looked like an eye and get it in the neck. She kept shooting as the thing approached Lewis.
    What do you plan to do?

14. Characters in this post:
    Lewis took a few steps back as the Cyborg approached him. Lewis examined the body in front of him. Half of him looked human but the other half was composed of hi tech machinery. 'Lewis think Lewis think look for a weakness...Come on...Ah he has a human eye, hopefully that means he has a normal human brain...lets play then.' Lewis' pupils expanded to the point where the white of his eyes seemed to vanish. His eyes connected with the one human eye on the Cyborg as he started planting the idea of his landing on the wrong island. Concentrating a little harder Lewis attempt to use his power to alter what the Cyborg could see...a simple illusion. "You shouldn't be here, We-we're just normal kids. I-I-I think you sh-should go." Lewis said adding a little stuttering to play the role correct. He flashed the everything's ok symbol to Orianna.

15. Characters in this post:
    Orianna played along with Lewis's plan.
    "Y-yeah. We're j-just kids." she said in a hesitant manner just like him.
    "Don't fall for their tricks. Finish them." Reed said trying to regain control of the cyborg through the mic.
    W-what's this voice? I can hear something, but can Lewis hear. He doesn't look like he can.

16. Characters in this post:
    'Got it.' Lewis thought as he gained control of the human half of the cyborg. 'That just leaves the tin can.' Lewis jumped back as the robotic half started to attack him. *Don't fall for their tricks. Finish them* The faint voice entered Lewis' ear. 'What the...' "Ohhh someone has to give you orders huh? Orianna I'll distract it just look for anything that looks like it can receive those radio wave things and shoot it." Lewis said as he drove the base of his heal into the cyborg's head.

17. Characters in this post:
    "Okay." Orianna said as she ran around and searched the body as Lewis fought it off. She noticed some kind of a strange device that replaced his ear. She shot it a couple of times, but the bullets bounced off. One of them grazed her arm.
    Damn it. . . There must be another way.
    She held onto her arm as she thought of it. She then decided to just rip it of with her bare hands.
    "Risky, but I must do it." she said as she ran towards it and jumped. She landed just between it's shoulder blades. She climbed upwards and reached the head in a matter of seconds. She grabbed the device and yanked at it with all her might.
    "Argh, its pretty stuck in there. It seems to be connected to something." she said. As soon as the last of the words came out of her mouth, she had a new plan. She grabbed the pistol from her belt and bashed the cyborg part of the head in until it cracked open. She tried to undo the wires when she was flipped off of its back.

18. Characters in this post:
    Elain watched the battle anxiously. Deciding it was time to intervene, she called to the forest creatures. Her consciousness touched the consciousness of other animals... some shied away from her touch, and others prodded at her own curiously. Elain left herself open to light probing, so the knew she could be trusted. Worms, insects, mosquitoes, spiders, squirrels, birds... hawk! She spoke to the hawk gently. He flat out refused. Grinding her teeth, she used force and took over the mind of the creature.
    The world was sharp with color and detail. She couldn't hear as much, however. easily, she pinpointed the column of smoke from the animal's perspective, and adjusted the angle of his wings.
    Sooner than expected, he was diving in a corkscrew around the smoke, before landing on the grass unsteadily. A girl flipped off the back of the cyborg, he dodged it with a swift flap of his left wing and a hop of his talons.
    Elain directed the hawk to land on its electronic shoulder, and tear at the wires with his beak. They snipped easily, but the cyborg's human side slapped the hawk away.
    Pain exploded across her right arm- no, his right wing- and she fell from the tree as he fell from the cyborg. The fall from the ground seared hot into her back- the hawk felt this too. He cawed pitifully. Elain tore her conscious from the brave hawk's, and swiftly walked over to gently pick up the hawk, to see the damage.
    The wing was hanging at an odd angle from his shoulder, but there was no bones sticking out or blood.

19. Characters in this post:
    "Even if you defeat it, the earpiece will still be able to gather information and give orders. Someone has to rip the cords from its brain!" Orianna shouted as she fell on her back. Afraid to get up, she grabbed the gun and shot it to see if it would disconnect. Her aim was a bit distorted, so she missed. Just then, a fox like girl appeared.
    "I don't know the situation, but I'll do as you say." Renee as she came running into the scene. She jumped from tree to tree and landed just right on top of its head. She ripped out all the strings that looked like wires and jumped. She handed them to Orianna.
    "Will this do?" she said in an innocent voice. Orianna gave the girl a small nod and watched as the cyborg's body stopped moving.
    'I can't wait to see you again Ori-' the voice said as the cyborg's earpiece was disconnected.

20. Characters in this post:
    Lewis attempted to keep control of the human half as the other people attacked it. 'Looks like they've strengthen their control of their power's since I've left. Feels really good to be back but lets see how long that lasts. Crap.' Lewis lost connection with the human half for a split second. Just long enough for it to swat the bird attacking it. Lewis quickly regained control. "Sorry bout that he kinda broke free." Lewis watched as the cyborg went down. His eyes widened as he heard what it said before it powered down. Lewis severed the cyborg's connection with its human brain after it 'died' to ensure its not going to randomly come back. Lewis' eyes slowly returned back to normal as he walked over to Orianna helping her up. "I don't know what that's all about, but looks like someone wan't you..." He said placing a hand on her shoulder. "We can get through this. One cyborg at a time."

21. Characters in this post:
    "For some reason, I remember the voice. I don't remember their objective. I lost all memories before going to this island." Orianna said as she put her hand over her eye.
    "Just who is he. And what does he want from me?" she asked herself as she tried to dig in through her mind.
    "Lewis, Can you go through people's minds and help them recover memories?" she asked.

22. Characters in this post:
    Lewis thought for a second. "Well yea I kinda can. I mean I can kinda send you into your head but you'll have to find the memory on your own. Once inside your mind it'll be a long hallway full of doors; with each door leading to a memory. Here's the downside tho..." Lewis paused for a second taking a breath. "It'll be like your reliving your memories meaning what happens to the past you will be felt by you now. Say you have a memory of burning your hand...You will actually feel your hand burn. And you can still be hurt by your memories." Lewis struggled to think of an example for this one. "Say you have a memory of you dodging, oh I don't know, and arrow. If you walk in front of that arrow it will still hurt you....get it? Pretty much your memories can hurt you. Don't worry tho. I will be watching you but I can't see anything unless you want me too, however; I can see if you get hurt and if you do I'm pulling you back into reality without so much as a second thought."

23. Characters in this post:
    "Please do it. I need to find out why he is trying to terrorize us. I might even be able to find out what my powers are." Orianna said desperately.
    "If you want, you don't have to do it now. You can rest first." she said being considerate of the situation.

24. Characters in this post:
    "Alright Ori." Lewis said as he closed his eyes. "Before I start I need to in form you guys that while she's in her head she will not be able to move let alone fight. And I'll be able to help out however I wouldn't be able to put all of my focus into fighting. I'm going to need you guys to watch out for more cyborgs ok. If you see anymore start to attack. I should still be able to control their human half but that's about it." Lewis looked back at Orianna and slowly opened his eyes. The black from his pupils completely engulfed the white of his eyes. He locked eyes wiht Orianna and placed a hand on her forehead starting the technique. "Remember if you need me to see something or pull you out just concentrate and think it. I'll be right here." Lewis said as he could feel Orianna fall into her subconscious. He caught her body as her legs gave out and gently leaned he up against a tree. Losing eye contact many time; luckly it isn't needed.

25. Characters in this post:
    Orianna felt herself slip into unconsciousness. When she opened her eyes, she was in an almost endless hallway that had many doors on each side. She darted back and forth as she looked around for a door to start at. When she went further down, she saw locks on many doors.
    Lewis. . . what does this mean? Why are there locks on some of the doors?
    She concentrated really hard. Her eyes landed on a door without a lock. She ran and quickly opened the door. Her eyes widened when she saw what was behind. There were a bunch of kids, all with powers, in what looked like an asylum. She watched as her pastself was thrown into a cage. One other dude walks in with a smirk.
    "She's a weakling. What can she do?" he said a loud with an arrogant laugh. She heard the noise of a gong. The boy's fist began to glow as he punched her around, not even giving her a chance to escape. She felt it, all the pain, the punches, the kicks.
    "I've had enough of you." he said as his hand turned into some kind of a dagger. He jabbed her several times. One in the arm, the side, the shoulder, the legs, and the thigh. She started to scream as she watched the jab wounds appear all over her body. She was panicking now. She coughed up blood as he finished jabbing her and left her there. She couldn't think straight, so she wasn't able to ask for help. She felt like she was dying. Right then and there.

26. Characters in this post:
    "It means that it's not the right time to return to those memories. Tends to happen when people repress them." Lewis said although only Orianna could hear him. Lewis glanced around and noticed that the coast was still clear of all cyborgs. He sighed relaxing a bit. 'Looks like things are starting to look up again.' Lewis looked back at Orianna. 'Spoke too soon.' Lewis concentrated forcing the door to close and Orianna to be pushed back into the hallway. Since the door was closed Orianna's wounds should be healed. "Glad you didn't walk in there. Would've had to pull you back into reality. What happened in there? What did you see?"

27. Characters in this post:
    Orianna was clutching her head, shaking. Tears were dripping from her face.
    "I can't believe I used to belong there. I would never be able to do that. What did I do to belong in that place? Please don't look in there. I shouldn't have opened that door." she murmured a bunch of stuff. She sounded deranged and delusional.
    "Lewis, have I ever acted crazy? Crazy enough to belong to an asylum." she asked not having enough strength to lift her head up.

28. Characters in this post:
    Lewis hated seeing Orianna like this. He knew it would be too risky with the cyborgs running around for him to go in her head and consul her. "Don't worry I won't look in the room. I can only see memories you want me too." Lewis said as calmly as possible. The question threw him off. "Crazy enough to be in an asylum? No...It probably has to do with your power. Remember its just your past...just your past. You gotta keep looking if you want answers..."

29. Characters in this post:
    "Lewis, I'm scared. . . Please watch what's going on, not the memories, but me." Orianna asked him as she slowly got to her feet and opened another door. Inside that door, she could see what looked like her pastself messing around in a daycare center.
    "I seem to be enjoying myself." she whispered as she watched herself play around with a bunch of other kids. She left that room assuming that she wouldn't need anything from there.

30. Characters in this post:
    Elain watched what was going on apprehensively. The emotion was so raw, it almost burned. She felt for Orianna's predicament; recovering memories would be an emotional and nerve racking experience. She might not be the same person when she was done.
    She turned her attention to the hawk, who had his wing knocked out of place. She popped it back in quickly, with an audible angry squawk from the hawk. He flew away, free of mind control, and sent back a thought expressing his hunger. Elain had interrupted his hunt.
    The tense girl turned back to the pair working with their minds. She unsheathed two wooden daggers, circling them with her front to the woods. No one would sneak up on them while she was near.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 54