Login to your account

Don't Let Your Hope Fade - Closed

A tale of seven heroes who came in a time of darkness and fought when no one else would.......

Tags: adventure, betrayal, dark, drama, elements, fantasy, good vs evil, heroes, hope, light, magical, right vs wrong, romance, saving the world, saviors

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Posts 151 to 180 of 328

1. Characters in this post:
    Adam was calm having vented into his journal and meditated. He knew he needed to apologize to not only Nick but to everyone for his outburst. He figured he should wait till morning let all the tension settle.

Adam's peace was suddenly inturrputed by a calamity over by where he'd last seen Nick, Adam burst from the tree dive rolling to the ground. He rushed over to Nick, he was hurt but Gavyn was healing him Adam smiled glad to see Nick wasn't hurt.

Adam waved his hand towards the ground causing a beautiful flower to bloom, one of a mix of blue and red with a white center. Adam plucked the flower from the ground and tucked it in his belt. He then placed his hand in the dirt around them all, his hands glowed as he twirled the dirt around into the shape of a bowl.

He took the flower out from his belt and placed it in the bowl, with his right hand he used his knuckles to mash the flower into a paste. He tapped Gavyn's shoulder and handed the bowl to her "Here, if he has any, this will help with residual pain. Just mix it with water and have him drink it." Adam was still embaressed about what he had done to Nick, he knew that most people would see him as an angry idiot and he hated that.

"Gavyn, Rynn I apologize for my anger earlier towards Nick it was uncalled for. I'd apologize to Nick to but he's out currently, the best I can do is give him that medicine if he needs it. Probably won't though to be honest I know little of your healing abilities Gavyn. They are impressive though, very impressive. I'll give you all some space."

Adam walked away from Nick praying to the gods that he'd be okay, Adam walked over to Jenna and grew a stump next to her and sat crossed legged on it. "He'll be fine don't worry Jenna, I know you feel bad about getting mad but hey! At least you didn't strangle him!"

2. Characters in this post:
    Rynn nodded to Adam as he walked up and apologize, though her eyes were still on Nick's face. "Its all right Adam" her voice was gentle "It's been a long and emotional day, and sometimes people manage to push a nerve, and we just have to deal with it. You didn't cause whats happening to him now, thats not your fault." she offered Adam a consoling smile and then returned her attention back to Nick, making sure his fever stayed down.

3. Characters in this post:
    Kris didn't know what to do as she watched the other two women tend to Nick after his fit. She glanced down at her throbbing wrist where a small cut wireless the gash on his own. But as gavyn healed Nick, the cut on her own arm faded. Taking her thumb she wiped away the small drop of blood.

It was late, the moon high in the sky. Kris hated this time of night. She felt useless. Unable to do anything. But the drama had kept her distracted for a while. Midnight was passing and she could feel bits of energy returning to her. Maybe now, since nick obviously needed rest, and the others could use some too, would be a good time to play with her powers. She didn't have much right now so she couldn't make anything explode at least.

With as much as she wanted to check on Nick she resisted. Rynn was tending to him. He was in good hands and Kris didn't want to set the woman off. Her eyes drifted over to where Adam and Jenna sat. Slowly she crossed over to them and stood behind them a bit awkwardly for a moment before she moved around to stand beside them.

"Can...can I ask you guys something?
    she started softly, chewing on her lip a bit nervously she held her hands a part and tried to make a simple small orb form between them. Brow creasing, the light was dim, the orb barely the size of a marble before it burst into little sparks that fizzled as they fell to the ground. "How..." she stopped her self, unsure of how exactly to ask what she wanted, and still rather nervous that they'd simply ignore her."How did you guys learn to do this stuff? Control your elements?" she finally settled on. Eyes were a bi fearful, expecting rejection as she looked to the two elder elementals.

4. Characters in this post:
    Hearing Adam walk over to her Jenna opened one eye and looked at him. When he told her at least she didn't strangle Nick she chuckled. Leaning over she gave Adam a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you for that Adam. You made me feel a little bit better. When he waked up I'm going to apologize to him. You, Rynn, and I have the worst tempers of the bunch. Us to more so than her," Jenna said with another chuckle and a smile.

Jenna heard Kris come up behind the two of them but she didn't say anything. Then when she came to stand in front of them she listened. She almost wanted to be rude and ignore the younger girl but decided not to. "Well..it just came natural to me I guess. Though I did practice a lot. For me I just let everything go and focus solely on my lightning. I don't think about anything else, or else I would get distracted. After you master your element you no longer have to do that. Meditation works wonders to. Try meditating first then using your element, shut everything out."

Looking over to Adam she waited to see if he had anything to add. Jenna had surprised herself by giving so much information away. She didn't normally do that. "Also one more thing. You need to feel your element. I mean you need to feel light and then you can create light." Resting her chin in her hand Jenna glance up at Light.

5. Characters in this post:
    The story has been continued over in Lief.

6. Characters in this post:
    Although his body was free of its gashes and lacerations, Nick still remained in a comatose state. On the outside, the battle was being won, but, within the inner most part of his mind, Nick was losing the war. As if it were a bad nightmare, Nick was confronted by the people he loved most and all of them were tormenting him. Torturing him and demanding that his life be taken as payment for stealing away their souls.

Like I could ever love you. You're the reason I'm a la'Ronk! Had you not been so stupid, I could have been with you. But I want nothing to do with you now. You killed me. But I... I didn't know I was hurting you. Please, Jenny, you have to believe me. Can it, punk. No one wants your pity. Just man up and do what's right. Die and make this right. But how will that make things right? If you don't repay your debt to us, Nick, then we'll continue to taunt you. Would you like to see Kris die? How about Jenna? Adam? Everyone from the group? You killed me, now allow my to show you what it felt like to have my life striped from me. Rynn... I... I... no... you.... Tch, you're a waste of my time. I've had enough. Deks, Jenny, let's kill him. Sounds like a plan. The best part is, Nick's biggest fear will come true. He will... die... alone. Can we make it slow and painful? Let me handle that. How about a nice SLOW ROAST!

Nick's fever spiked, causing the male's skin to get clammy and ghostly white. The beads of sweat were ceaseless. With as much as they tried, Gavyn and Rynn wouldn't be able to fend off the fever that cast a red hue to the male's cheeks. Writhing in pain and jerking about like a fish out of water, the screams that followed warned that there was more wrong to the male than met the eyes.

Acting on pure impulse, Kris, the Heroine of Light, rudely left the conversation she was having with Jenna and Adam. Wanting to apologize, the woman couldn't exhaust any time with formality and politeness.

Dropping to her knees, the pale haired woman mounted Nick and placed her ear to his heart. Eyes closing, the woman became to chant something in a tongue that was foreign to even her ears. Sounding like hymns and prayers, the blue-eyed beauty's voice began to shake with vigor. With each word spoken, her voice became louder. The louder she became, the more her body began to glow.

Eyes now becoming a beam of light, she cast her head up to the heavens. Her eyes pierced a hole through the atmosphere that engulfed their little planet. Without blinking, the woman rose to her toes. Hands extending upward, she would soon retire them to a cross in front of her chest.

"Heavens, I beg and plead that you have mercy on his soul. I care not of his nature nor his power, I care only of his well-being. I know my Light can cleanse him of the evil that plagues his beautiful body. I know I have failed you for I have sinned, but allow me to redeem myself by making the ultimate sacrifice. Allow my body to become the vessel the will purge Nick of Void. Being the guardian of Balance, allow my spirit to console his. Allow my power to overwhelm his body, to give him the strength he needs to win."

"I fear not death, but the death of those I love. You have seen the way I lust for this boy. Allow my greed and desire for him save his pure heart. Envy and wrath have corrupt my soul and I would like to fix that. Please, oh great spirits, give me the strength to do what I must to save Nicholas Allen Fusion. Allow I, Kristen Marie Bishop, to be his savior. Had things not happened as they have, I foresaw us being great together. He would have saved my life time and time again, and would have expected nothing in return. So allow me to show him the thanks he deserves. Please, accept this gift, my love."

Dropping to her knees, Kris' entire body began to glow. In mere seconds, her body was naked and her hair was dancing the wind that didn't exist. Pure light energy was surrounding her body, which gave her the courage to what she knew needed to be done.

A passionate kiss was given to the unconscious male. Slithering her rear up so that it was now at his chest, a pair of wings sprouted from her back. Now hovering above him, a single tear dripped onto his face. It was the color of glowing honey and as it moved lethargically down his face, the woman turned her head so that she could look at Nick's face one last time.

"Forgive me, Nicholas. I have failed you for the last time. Allow my soul to heal your wounds. Never again shall you cry because of your past sins."

It was almost as if the gods were on Kris' side because, within seconds of the kiss, the male began to glow. Her hair whirled around her face, veiling the tears that stained her rosy cheeks.

"Heavens, please do not allow the one how receives my strength to endure such torture. May her life be happy and healthy. I do not want another tear to be shed. Enough people have died for our cause. Find a host whose body is pure and clean. Find a mind that is just and kind. Find a soul that won't allow harm to befall on others. Find a woman who is more worthy to embrace this gift you entrusted to me. Allow her purity to shine brighter than ever and let her curiosity give her the strength to push on. Let my voice be the voice of reason that resides in her head, giving her the advice she will need to make it through each battle. Allow her the power to succeed."

Her legs slowly beg to fade away. Shattering into a million glittering particles, the woman reached out a vaporizing hand to caress Nick's cheek.

"Nicholas, please, accept my strength and fight in the name of justice. No longer seek destruction. Allow my light to guide you from the darkness that shrouds your soul. Please, keep kindness in your heart and never forget me."

With a smile appearing onto her face, Kris vanished into the sky. A stream of shimmering flakes of light drifted down to the faces that watched the scene unfold with awe. As the sparkling light padded the faces of the other heroes, her deem became understandable. By willing away her powers, Kris made the ultimate sacrifice to save Nick. The kiss was just a means of transferring her powers into his body, although it had a deeper meaning to Kris, as it was a kiss of death. Nick's lips would be the last thing she would ever remember as her spirit moved on to a brighter place.

Once Kris' ashes finally lost their silver hue, a pair of red eyes opened to gaze upon the world. There wasn't a cloud of darkness that lingered, as Void had been vanquished. Feeling uneasy, Nick rolled over and shifted his weight onto his arms. Shoving himself from the ground, the black haired lad found himself in a pathetic state.

A glowing white sand pouring from his mouth and spilled onto the earth's green canvas. Coming up again, Nick's eyes pleaded that the vomiting come to an end. He had no idea why he was sick and he was even more confused as to white it was a pearly white color.

Exhausted, his arms gave away and his body dropped back onto the earth. Thankfully, someone was quick enough to notice his fainting. Catching his head in her hands, a small smile was painted on Nick's slender face.

"Y-you-you're okay" was all he said before he let his eyes rest. Wore out from the inner battle and from the excitement of having light force the evil out of his body, the Dark Hero needed some rest. If he hoped to be of use to his friends, he would need to sleep. Having Kris' power flood into him was a risky move for if she hadn't rationed it just right, he'd have killed Nick.

With his eyes still shut, Nick dragged his numb fingers across the grass in search for a hand to hold. Often, when people are sick and tired, they will seek out a hand for protection. A sign to know that someone loves them and will be there when their eyes open. Still smiling, the hero drifted into a light sleep.

7. Characters in this post:
    Rynn had been about to say something, to tell Kris to let Gavyn finish, but Kris seemed to know what she was doing. As the scene unfolded before her, the beautiful hero of fire was speechless for quite possibly the first time in her life. Her emerald eyes, as wide as a child's watched the deed unfold before her. How had Kris had so much power hidden within? How had she been able to control it so suddenly?

But perhaps it was because, under great duress, people were capable of great things. Things they couldn't, wouldn't normally do. She fell back, catching herself with her hands before her body would hit the grass. Still staring, Rynn watched as Kris saved the man she'd only just realized she cared about. Unselfishly, Kris had given up all of it, everything she had and was was to be sacrificed to save the hero of dark laying next to the shocked hero of passion and fire. Her lips parted and she brought a hand to shield her eyes from her face, though no matter how much the light stung her eyes Rynn could not look away.

Kris had redeemed herself tenfold, and Rynn felt respect grow inside herself for the young hero. Rynn only wished she'd had the chance to tell Kris this before she'd disappeared, but it only would have ruined the moment. And then she was gone, vanished into thin air. Small slivers of her soul fell from the sky, a few landing on Rynn's upturned cheek as she looked into the black sky, as if looking for an answer as to where Kris went.

And then Nick was awake, looking into her eyes and saying she was okay. With a gentle smile, Rynn brushed the hair from his face "I'm fine Nick, I'm right here, I always have been." she spoke softly, a rare moment of gentleness from the woman as she searched Nicks eyes to learn that there was indeed, no more Void within him. As she felt him close his eyes and relax his body, Rynn gathered him closer to her, her hand there to receive his as he searched.

"It's all right Nick, I'm here... It's all right." she cooed before allowing him to fall into sleep, her hand still clasped to his and refusing to let go until he deemed it time too. Turning her eyes to Gavyn, Rynn was beaming with pride for the young heroine "I know Kris may have been the one to save his soul, but you did a great deed too. You saved his body, and without that his soul could not have survived. Thank you Gavyn, I understand why the gods picked you to be the hero of water. If he wasn't passed out in my arms, I would give you the tightest hug I could muster." Rynn's voice was thick, almost a sound akin to tears when they were stopped and caught in the throat, but Rynn did not cry, though she was nearly moved too by gratitude and respect towards Gavyn and Kris and by relief for Nick's sake.

8. Characters in this post:
    Gavyn sat beside his body and continued to pray for a miracle, anything. She had done her best to aid him, but was it enough? Eyes closed she kept her stained hands folded in her lap, trying to fight back the worried quiver in her lip. Moments later she felt a gentle tap on her freckled shoulder, upon opening her eyes she saw a earthen clay cup held out before her. Looking over her shoulder she saw Adams solemn face, it was clear he truly did feel remorseful for his outburst from earlier. “This is very kind, Adam. And if Nick could hear you right now, he would with no doubt forgive you.” Looking into the cup she examined the medicinal paste that was inside, “This really is a great help, I can only do so much on my own. Thank You.” The ability for the group to pull together in Nicks time of need was impressive, and warmed her heart.

It was a blessing to have Rynn by her side during this ordeal, her presence made it a little easier to stay even the slightest bit composed. The compassion was apparent in every move and every word emanating from the red headed woman. We all cared about each other, that was obvious. Even if we do have our outbursts, it was obvious that we never truly meant to hurt each other. Eyes passing from Rynn to Jenna and Adam off in the distance, it was almost as if they were apologizing with the expressions on their faces, Rynn was right… emotions and tensions had been high, it wasn’t their fault. Bringing her attention back to the cup of medicine, Gavyn proceeded to add some of the purified water from her vessel to the paste but her attention was quickly swept up by The Heroine of Light.

Watching the girl drop to her knees and so abruptly laying atop him, Gavyns eyes watched closely to the scene unfolding before her. That speech, those words were words she couldn’t comprehend, the tongue sounding like something only an Angel herself could speak and in awe she watched as those words began to enchant the Heroine of Lights body, growing brighter and brighter. For a moment Gavyn blocked her eyes, when the burst of light cut through the sky she tried her hardest to peer out her blue eyes behind her forearm for this was something she could not miss.

Kris was beautiful, her words.. They were so moving. Once again, those sapphire eyes of hers were glossing over in a teary haze, was she really doing what she thought she was doing? The winged beauty parted from the kiss and proceeded to raise up into the sky above him, like the heavens were beckoning her. Catching one last glance up at the angelic blonde floating above their heads, a tear finally broke loose as she began to shatter into millions of tiny flecks of gold and light.

As those bits of her soul, her light fell onto her cheeks, she could almost feel the warmth of the heroine who had just sacrificed her soul. It was comforting, it seeped into her skin and sent a tingling through her body, rising goose bumps on every inch of Gavyn.

But it was with the ending of that beautiful display came Nicks awakening, he stirred heavily and began to spew out a substance unknown to the Heroine of Water. Either way, relief and pure joy set in when he finally spoke, his words weak but clearly his own. He was safe, safe from the Void… The Light of Heroine had done it. Watching him collapse in the arms of Rynn, Gavyn rubbed her eyes and smiled happily, “Nick… you’re okay…” It was a relief to actually be able to speak those words, and Gavyn felt like she could breathe again, relaxing her frame. He too had been through a lot of stress, more stress than she could fathom, and it was apparent when he finally collapsed into a sleepy haze against Rynn who was doing a wonderful job soothing him with her sultry voice.

Upon hearing Rynn display such a heart warming gratitude toward Gavyn, all she could do was smile happily, dirt and blood staining her face in various spots. A couple quick sniffs through her nose she couldn’t come up with the words she wanted to speak yet, but instead leaned over placing a hand on the side of her head, pressing her forehead against Rynns fiery locks of hair, her mouth not too far from her concealed ear. “I couldn’t have done it without you, it was your confidence and compassion that guided me. I thank you…” Now coming to a standing positing she looked up at the sky, which was still, like nothing had ever happened. “… and I thank you…” She directed her words toward where she had last seen the Heroine… no, Angel of Light and continued to smile.

Holding the medicinal drink that Adam had created in her hand she looked toward the abandoned building that she had suggested for shelter earlier and took a breath. “We should get him inside, I think just as a precaution, when he wakes up we should be sure that he drinks this as well… It will help ease any after affects he may be suffering with and help give him the energy he has had drained through this process…”

9. Characters in this post:
    "Oh Kyle, you're so silly! You can definitely be my first date!" Suddenly her face flushed. Wiggling her hands back and forth, the woman covered her mouth before bursting into a fit of laughter. "I mean mate! No... wait... I don't want you as my mate. Erm... uhh... yeah... I quit. You can be captain."

Retiring her hat to Kyle's head, the woman bounded over to Teresa's side. Those baby blues of hers drifted up to the clouds that were still above the floating nation. There was a light that shined brighter than anything she had ever seen before. Watching it, the woman cussed to herself. She had a gut feeling that it was related to the heroes.

Eyes fluttering to Teresa, she noticed a strange look overcome her pretty face. Head cocked and hands wrapping around the girl's body, Jenny Lynn supposed the woman that she wouldn't collapse. Peering at the light, her nose wrinkled as the scent of blood ran deep. Being naturally keen to such things, the blonde whirled around to glaze at Kyle.

"This will make for an interesting adventure. I foresee things getting ugly before no time. Let's just hope we don't get stopped along the way. Since we're traveling at night, I believe we should be veiled by the black sky. If we do run into trouble, I'll just scream "rape" and someone will come to our rescue... while we're obviously making our get away. Ha ha!"

Jenny's eyes didn't waver as she looked at Teresa. She didn't know what was wrong, but she felt that something was different in the woman. For a moment, she thought it was something bad, but then she recalled the comment the girl had made. "Wow, Teresa! You've already got your pirate face on. Next time, Nazzinivia. Get some sleep while we fly down. Tomorrow will be a long day."

10. Characters in this post:
    Teresa barely noticed Jenny's further banter with kyle her eyes were caught by a strange phenomenon, through the cloud filled sky a light shown, brighter then anything she had ever seen before, it was beautiful, more stunning then anything she had ever imagined. she whispered so quietly she could barely hear herself "what are you?" stranger still it answered or at least it seemed to. we are you and light seemed to her at least to enter to mind and body and she thought she could feel it resting there right out of reach. Her mind snapped back to reality, when Jenny Lynn caught her. The moment was gone she couldn't quite feel anything different anymore. "Sorry i must be tired, sleep would be good." She regained her own balance and grinned "And of course i have my pirate face on! I can't wait! "

Once they were aboard the ship and safely on their way to Nazzinivia, Teresa had trouble sleeping despite previous comments about being tired, and she was really she was. But what was keeping her up she had been so sure something had happened. But now it felt like nothing had changed. Something warned her though telling Jenny wasn't a good idea, it wasn't that she didn't trust the older girl, she did. But it seemed she had enough on her plate and well, she had no evidence or proof, just a glimmer of a thought that maybe the light was more then just a light. Of course this didn't mean she wasn't going to try to figure it out, she just had to know. Out loud she muttered to her self in bed "i'll just add it to the list then."

The list was of course the growing one that she had started in her head the moment she had met Jenny Lynn and Kyle when everything had gotten exciting. At the moment if she wrote it out it would probably take up a page or so. and she would tomorrow if there was time. she didn't want to forget anything. with those final thoughts she slept.

11. Characters in this post:
    Kyle laughed at Jenny's antics. He donned the hat and just sat back. When the mysterious light came out, he simply nodded. Jenny caught the girl when she feinted. The Light may have had something to do with the heroes. He honestly didn't care. He began to shout orders to the crew. When Jenny came over, he simply nodded and began telling the crew to work faster.

(FYI I',m figuring the Airship works kinda like the solar ships from Treasure Planet.)

12. Characters in this post:
    [[Warning: Short post! Warning: Short post! Warning: Short post!]]

Nudging Rynn's arm, the male seemed to wedge his head between her elbow and hip. His cold nose was pressed against her naked flesh and it seemed to bobble a bit as it situated itself in its new, but temporary, location.

As the warmth from her body was absorbed into his own, Nick's mouth slipped open just a crack. Although the gap was small, it didn't stop the stringy liquid from seeping into her leg and causing a damp spot. If a dam were to be built, it wouldn't do him any good. Although it would have stopped the drooling, it would have caused the male to suffocate. Neither option was that good, but both would make for great blackmail material, should Rynn decide to use it to her advantage.

"Nya, nya, nya," he purred lightly while still holding onto Rynn's hand.

13. Characters in this post:

An elegantly clad, high-heeled shoe tapped impatiently on the tarmac of one of the few private airstrips of the city Vesper. The shoe and its owner, Garnette Noelle Piccho, looked out of place there. With her auburn colored hair and expensive clothing, Garnette stood out like a flashing light, not that she minded, in fact she rather enjoyed it. Many in the city proper had thought that she was a Cor la'Ronk, but in actuality, she was a Kni la'Ronk, as they quickly found out.

Garnette looked towards the sky, arms crossed around her chest. This small airstrip in Nazzinivia was one of the last places on the planet that she wanted to be. While the volcano was a pleasant sight, the wind and dust were not favorable for her hair and clothes. She sighed, looking at a pocket watch she withdrew from the pocket of her long jacket. Patience was not one of her strong suits.

She was waiting for two different airships that should be arriving there, she just didn't know when they would get there. One of them had her boss, Jenny Lynn Walker aboard. Garnette had gotten word that her boss might show up in Vesper. Deciding not to risk not being there should she show up, Garnette traveled there in haste. This got here there before the rest.

The second airship would contain the reason she was not with her boss at the moment. Despite being the guard to Jenny Lynn, she did not even need one. Everyone knew it, but it was Garnette's job all the same. Appearances had to be maintained. The other airship would contain her spy. He had posed as the Ice Hero to gather some information on the rest of them. He had suggested to meet her there to tell her what he had gathered.

Finally, she saw the spec of an arriving aircraft coming towards the tarmac. Her foot sped up as she waited for the ship to land and the doors to open. Once they did, she could see that it was her spy who had arrived first.

"Hello there, Miss Garnette," the young man said, bowing slightly at her. Garnette smiled slightly, some might say it was a sweet smile, but it was all a ruse, though she did appreciate his formality.

"Li'ing, my dear. Come inside, let's get you some tea, and we'll talk," she told him, pulling him inside a small building near the tarmac, which she had rented out for the duration of her stay there. Once inside, she led him to a small parlor area where they both sat down. It put her back on an even level, with him being over a foot taller than her. "Now, tell me what you found out," she told him, after preparing herself a cup of tea.
    She was please when he told her everything. It was all good news for her and Jenny Lynn. Now all she had to do was wait for her to arrive. She looked out at the now dark tarmac. There was no way she was going to stand outside all night. She'd go out after she saw the aircraft's lights approach.

14. Characters in this post:
    ((Ignore this, wanted to react to Miel's post!))

15. Characters in this post:

Cole was glad to be back in New Vegra. As bad as the city was the majority of the time, it was still home for him. He couldn't say that he loved the city, but he was comfortable there and knew his way around. He had left there to follow a lead on his missing sister, but it came up short, leaving him to come home empty handed. He had even ignored a strange voice from his tiara telling him to go to the Dawn Castle to follow what led him to another dead end. Maybe he should have gone.

As he entered the city, his hometown, he followed his usual path towards the small apartment where he lived, passing some burned out buildings. He remembered the fires, they were common in the city, but these ones happened close to home. He lived around the corner from them and had watched them burn down after the owners refused to pay some criminals offering protection. They were people outside of his family's control. They had worried the fires would spread and take their home away as well.

He glanced at them again, something about them catching his eye, taking a look at a group of people who looked as though they were entering one of the buildings. It wasn't strange to see people stay in the buildings, the homeless often took refuge where ever they could find, but these people didn't look homeless nor like they were from New Vegra. And they seemed to be trying to help get someone into the building.

"Need help?" he asked before he could stop himself, walking towards them. He nervously pulled on his hat, making sure it was firm on his head. He would not want it coming off in a fight, revealing the obvious sign he was the Hero of Ice. After all, it could be a ruse or a gimmick to get him to enter an empty warehouse to mug him, it had happened before. Luckily he was stronger at night. As ridiculous as the tiara was, the ice power did help. Though it did set his natural body temperature lower than most.

16. Characters in this post:
    As Light just ignored her and ran over to Nick, Jenna frowned. One she was extremely pissed at her and two she absolutely wanted to punch her in the face. But her anger at the small girl was short lived. Scrambling to her feet Jenna ran over to the group, her staff clutched tightly in her hand. She watched in awe as Kris climbed on top of Nick.

Mouth open in shock Jenna watched everything that happened, wondering what exactly was going on. It was confusing and then only thing she could get out of it was that Light was healing there hurt friend. Then as Light sort of burst into light and shimmered away Jenna looked up to the sky with a small smile.

She couldn't believe the sacrifice Light had just committed. To give up your life for someone else was truly amazing. Sinking down to her knees Jenna looked at Rynn and Gavyn. "Well that was just...wow," she muttered and looked at Nick's face. Jenna couldn't help but feel relieved as he looked loads better. "You guys go get him inside, have Adam help you. I'll take first watch don't worry."

Rising to her feet Jenna glanced at Adam. "Can you help them move Nick into the shelter? I'll take first watch." Turning around she walked a few feet away and sat at the base of the tree. Sitting where she was she was hidden in the darkness of the branches, it was the perfect place to keep watch. There would be ample time for her to react to any attacks.

As she waited Jenna brought out her four daggers that were hidden on her body. Each dagger was shaped like her element, they looked like black lightning bolts. Taking out her special sharpener from her boot Jenna began sharpening each dagger carefully.

Hearing someone approach the group Jenna quickly put her daggers away. Standing up silently she gripped her staff tightly and stepped out from the tree. She placed her body in front of the group. "No I think were alright but thank you," she said a bit coldly. There was no way Jenna wanted a stranger to help move Nick. All she wanted was this strange, but very handsome man to go away.

Jenna would protect them all with her life. There was no way she was letting this guy anywhere near them. Who knows who he was, he could be a la'Ronk spy or something. Jenna didn't want to chance him finding out they were heroes. She pushed her hair out of her face, which caused her earrings to sway and the moon made them shine in the darkness.

17. Characters in this post:
    Cole was slightly surprised as a girl appeared from the nearby tree, stopping him from approaching the rest of the group. His focus had been on the group, more than the tree, so she caught him a bit off guard. He took a step back, raising his hands up, trying to show he hadn't meant any harm. At least it wasn't some sort of set up. "Alrighty then, just offering some help," he replied calmly, even offering a friendly smile. He didn't want to start a fight.

He knew that he should leave, go back to his home, only a few blocks away, and leave this group alone. It seemed like they might be trouble, but there was something that was making him want to stay with them. Could they be the other heroes? He knew there were others with powers like his, but he thought that they'd be at Dawn Castle. That's when he noticed the girl's earrings in the moonlight. Could they be? "Nah, impossible...they're supposed to be at Dawn Castle, not that it really concerns me..." he said under his breath as he looked at her earrings, unable to take his eyes off them.

The thought of them being the other heroes alone, made him unconsciously want to feel his own item. Trying to disguise what he was doing, he scratched at his hat, not wanting to take it off. As much as he tried to think that he didn't want to be a part of their group, he knew that his item would try to draw him to them.

18. Characters in this post:
    ((dammit post got deleted curses it was so good and so long boo.))

After cleaning up Nick's drool and managing to get him inside with the assistance of her companions, Rynn grabbed some of the old wood from nearby and lit a fire, making sure Nick and the other's wouldn't freeze that night. Rynn herself was quite energized and likely wouldn't sleep for a while yet, and so she decided to take Jenna some heat and keep her company for a while.

Rynn had neglected to hear the voices outside and so she assumed Jenna was the only one outside the burnt out doorway. Grabbing a torch in one hand, Rynn absentmindedly created a fireball to light said torch with as she crossed the threshhold. The minute she raised her emerald eyes, however, Rynn saw the stranger and realized that there was no way he could have missed her creating the fire. "Well shit." she said simply, continuing to walk over to Jenna and hand her the torch.

"Thought you could use a little light, warmth and company." Rynn said before turning her attention to the stranger. She supposed it was time to address him and find out if he was friend or foe (not that she was concerned, he didn't look all that threatening and four elemental heroes could easily handle one man).

"To whom do we owe the pleasure of this visit?" Rynn said, smiling sweetly, her velvet voice really quite unthreatening. Of course the fact that the smile soon became a grin and that the entire time Rynn had been playing with a small bit of fire between her fingers was a bit disconcerting. But she wanted the man to know that if he so desired to aggress upon them, he would surely lose.

19. Characters in this post:
    [[Another short post - I'm trying not to skip over people.]]

Whimpering the moment Rynn left his side (he really didn't know she left, he figured she moved), the male latched himself onto the next closest person (still believes it is Rynn). Had he been paying attention and completely conscious, the male would have realized that Adam was his victim. Clinging to him much like a newborn clings to its mother, he cooed lightly into Adam's stomach.

Perhaps he was in a dream or he was, quite literally, out of his mind because the next action that came from Nick was something he would soon regret. Sitting up, his black hair flopped into his face. A quick kiss was placed on Adam's pale cheeks (although, they are probably flaming red now) before he retreated back to his resting position.

"Don't you worry. You and I... we... one day... us... we shall be married."

[[I couldn't help myself. It had to be done!]]

20. Characters in this post:
    Gavyn took it upon herself to be the first to search the inside of the abandoned building. As she passed the threshold of the doorway her nostrils flared, filled with the smell of mold and ash. Looking around, it looked like it was at one time a bookstore. The main floor they walked into was filled with bookshelves, most of the books clearly ruined by a fire, but put in even worse condition by being doused in water as well. It was a sad sight to say the least, especially for someone like Gavyn who took so kindly to books. Lucky enough for them, this fire must have been long ago because the couches and chairs that were scattered amongst the room were dry. A long couch cloaked with a white sheet stretched against the wall on their left and she quickly went over and pulled it off, revealing a soft maroon material underneath it.

She placed the cup of medicine on a wobbly table beside the sofa and looked over her shoulder, hearing Nicks murmuring voice as it was carried into the building by Adam. Just as she turned her gaze toward them she saw the sleeping boy plant a kiss on Adams cheek. It was quite a sight, and due to Nicks slightly effeminate appearance (especially when sleeping) and the way Adam was carrying him, it looked a lot like a Prince and his bride. A faint blush passed over her cheeks, trying not to giggle but it couldn’t help but escape her lips. Quickly turning back trying to pretend like she didn’t see anything she pointed to the couch, “This is probably the best we can do right now for him.”

Clearing her throat she turned and rubbed her neck, “I’m going to go see what is upstairs for now, see if there is anything useful here.” If they were going to stay the night, she wanted to look in every nook and cranny of the building to assure nobody was already inside it. This city seemed like the place that had a lot of squatters laying about. There was a staircase at the far end of the room on the right, approaching it she looked up at the next floor, which was pitch black. Well there was no way she was going up there without any source of light. With that thought, Gavyn didn’t even have to ask, her ribbons began to glow shining a light blue hue around her body to guide her. Taking hold of the dusty railings she crept up the stairs slowly, the way the wood cracked and creaked below her made her nervous she would collapse right through, but luckily she made it to the top successfully.

Taking a breath she looked down the hall, thankfully this really was their lucky day. Not only was this place a business, but it was a family home as well. The owners must have lived in this apartment above, which wasn’t quite odd. To her left opened up to a very cramped kitchenette and small table and chairs. When her light shown in the direction of the room, rats scattered to their hide outs. It looked as though no fire damage was on the second floor, but the actual floors sturdiness was something of a concern. Slowly walking down the hall to her right she came to see a small bedroom connected to a bathroom. All the rooms were thankfully free of hobos or psychotics of the sort, sending a sigh of relief out the girls pale lips.

Stepping into the bathroom she looked around to test if things were possibly working inside, feeling around for a light switch, it didn’t work for a few moments until briefly it flicked on and off until a dim and unappealing light cast into the room, lighting up Gavyn in the mirror. Leaning forward she rubbed her hand on it, to make it easier to see her reflection. Leaning in close she dragged her dirty fingertips against her cheek to try and remove the dried blood, but it proved to be unsuccessful. The glimmer of a silver faucet shown behind her, catching her attention.

Her eyes lit up, perhaps maybe… just maybe she could push her luck and this place would have running water. Upon twisting the knob, she could hear the pipes begin to shake, but moments passed and still no water. Closing her eyes she took hold of the faucet and bit her lip, and the pipes began to rattle even harder, Gavyn was doing her best to break the seal inside until finally a faint pop could be heard and water burst into the tub. “Aha!” Extremely pleased with herself she let the merky water wash into the tub and drain out, as she swoosh her hand about the tub, loosening any dust or dirt inside it until the water ran clear.

It was true, she could make the best out of any situation. Going back to close the door she peered out the window in the bathroom looking down at Rynn and Jenna speaking to someone, she couldn’t see the strangers face but if the two strongest females were relaxed at his presence he couldn’t impose much of a threat. Going back to the tub she pulled the dress from her body, once finished disrobing she immersed herself in the hot water. Yes, she needed and desperately wanted to wash the blood and dirt from her body, especially the blood, but when the Heroine of Water immersed herself within water it was much like meditation for her.

Closing her eyes she leaned back, letting her head fall below the surface of the water, rubbing her hands over her face. The soothing silence that being underwater brought, cleared her mind, cleared her worries, and helped her center her power.

21. Characters in this post:
    Raising one of her eyebrows Jenna watched the strangers actions. Realizing that he was staring at her earrings Jenna quickly hid them behind her hair. She stared hard at the man as he brought his hand up to scratch his head. Jenna had a very odd feeling, as if this man needed to be with them. That he was apart of there group. Is he a hero? She thought herself silently. But that couldn't be possible, they had all the heroes. In that moment Jenna realized that Li'ing was gone.

Then Rynn walked up to them and handed her a torch. She grabbed it with her empty hand. "Thank you it is getting a bit cold out here." Jenna watched Rynn play with the fire out of the corner of her eye. Now the man was going to know they were the heroes.

Clearing her throat softly Jenna glanced at the man once more. "What's under your hat?" She had this horrible feeling that something bad had happened. "You're a hero aren't you? Ice perhaps?" It was the hat and how he touched it after he saw her earrings that clued her in. Plus Li'ing had disappeared and if he had been a true hero he wouldn't have left. So Li'ing must have been a spy, gathering information on them.

Jenna made sure she was watching the mans face carefully as she waited for his reaction. It was going to be the first emotion that passed his face that would tell her if she was right. She was really good at reading the first emotions on someone's face.

22. Characters in this post:
    Cole realized that he was staring at the girl's earrings a bit too obviously when she moved her hair out of his eye line. He was about to apologize for staring when another girl came out of the building. The second girl completely caught his attention as she proceeded to light a torch with a fireball that she conjured. He watched as she came over to them, thinking whether or not he should stay. Despite his instinct to flee, something else came over him to stay.

As she asked him who he was and what he was doing there, he merely shrugged and tried to look nonchalant. "No one of interest. Just a local passing through on his way home," he told the new girl, not liking the way she was twirling fire around her fingers. All the same, he couldn't help but to focus his power to his hands, icing them slightly.

He became nervous again as the first girl put things together. How did she know he was the Ice Hero? Was it that obvious, even with his hat. His mind raced as he tried to come up with some reason or excuse or lie for his behavior. "Yes," he said, finally, resigned to the fact that he could not come up with any sort of excuse.

"So, you must also be Heroes, or Heroines more aptly," he continued after a moments pause. "Which ones? Fire, obviously, but what about you, umm?" he asked, nodding to the girls in turn. "By the way, you can call me Cole."

23. Characters in this post:
    [[Since Riku27 is having issues posting, he asked that I throw this up for him.]]

Adam was about to answer Light's question when she suddenly darted away, Adam was confused as to why she would do this. Adam turned and watched her run over to where Nick and the others were.

Adam wondered What is she doing? Isn't Nick already okay? Adam watched as Light placed herself on top of Nick and began to glow. Adam bolted up watching as the brave elemental began to fade away.

Adam gasped it was as if he was losing his sister all over again, but it was okay to him. He didn't know what was wrong with Nick but if Light was sacrificing herself it must be a damn good reason. He stood in awe of the immense power Light was producing in the final burst of Light Adam had to shut his eyes or be blinded by the Light.

When Adam re-opened his eyes Light was gone, the other elementals were just as shocked as he was there group was one less now. Rynn and Gavyn lifted Nick and carried him into an abandoned building. Adam was speechless and couldn't fully understand what just happened.

Jenna told Adam she'd take first watch, and then asked if he could help carry Nick inside. "I will in a second sorry there is something I have to do first." Adam walked over to the spot where Light had vanished. And knelt on the ground.

His hands glowed with the green aura mist as he touched the ground, a field of pure white flowers bloomed around the spot where Light vanished, a stump formed in the center of the small field. With his hands still glowing Adam carved This field is dedicated to the Hero of Light, who overcame the Darkness

Adam walked towards the shelter, he was tired from the events of the day and laid on the ground near Nick, and closed his eyes. When suddenly he was grabbed by someone he opened his eyes and saw Nick at his waist. Adam tried to remove the leech and was suddenly kissed upon his cheek by Nick. Adam's eyes widened and as soon as he was out of Nick's grasp he quickly backed away.

Adam walked outside and saw the stranger standing near Rynn and Jenna, he approached them all and overheard Jenna ask if the stranger was the hero of Ice. Adam was curious and wondered the same thing.

24. Characters in this post:
    Patting Kyle on the shoulder, Jenny Lynn then wandered over to Teresa. Sliding down ever so gracefully, she rested her rump against the wooden floorboards of the majestic ship. Her face was still delightful and filled with awe as she rested her wore feet. Tugging off her boots, she wiggled her toes in the cool air. A small 'ah' even pursed her lips when her toes were freed from their boot prison.

A yawn escaped as did another one. Eyes heavy with sleep, the blonde leader rest her head against the side boards of the ship. The last image that was ingrained in her brain was that of a starry sky. Smile on her face, Jenny Lynn drifted into a light sleep. The light of the morning sun would cause her to stir when it eventually came time to rise. To her dismay, the arrival and Vesper would awaken her before the rising sun.

Needless to say, her mind played visions of her past and of a future she sought to make true. Nicholas, she dreamed with a smile, you shall be my husband.

25. Characters in this post:
    It was the sound of murmuring voices that caused the male to stir. His eyes flickered for a minuscule amount of time. Adjusting to the blackness that surrounded him, Nick finally gained his eye sight and noticed not a soul was in sight. A light whimper trailed from his lips into the air. How do you like that, Rynn left me. She's probably off kissing Adam. Well, you know what, who needs them. I'm going to go explore this house. I don't hear and humping, so it's gotta be safe upstairs!

With his body still drained and weak, Nick discovered his inability to walk. Rather than quitting, he decided crawling would fit him just find. It was less strenuous on his worn body and it also allowed him to sneak up the eerie steps. For being of a delicate weight, it was still enough weight to cause a few creaks to echo. But with the wind howling about beyond the walls, no one would even pay him a bit of attention.

Groping at the darkness, he felt his way off the stairs. It was when he was on that level that he saw what appeared to be a dim light creeping out from under a door. Curiosity piqued his interest. Chin to the floor and belly low enough to the floor that it almost became a dust collector, his crimson eyes tried to make do with what he could see.

So it was a room, that much he knew. But he did not guess it could be the bathroom. He actually thought it might have been a bedroom. Had he actually been thinking and not stalking around like a hunting cat, he might have executed his next action a little better. In fact, he might have aborted the mission altogether. But, being a man on a mission, he didn't foresee the possibility that a woman might be naked beyond the wooden door.

"Rawr!" he said as the door swung open. Pouncing so that his hands were perched on the tub, he bared his teeth with closed eyes. When the sound of water tickled his ear, his eyes shot open. A red brush stroke of paint was drawn over his cheeks as he hesitantly looked up at the ceiling.

"I swear, I saw nothing," he stammered out while still focusing his attention on the ceiling.

At this point, his heart was racing and he was feeling a bit squeamish. Not the sick kind of nausea, but rather the nervous butterflies feeling. His breath was heavy and timely in an odd rhythm.

A few seconds had hardly passed and it had already felt like a lifetime. The silence, aside from the rippling water, overcame him as he feared her striking claws. Sure enough, barging in and scaring her would result in some sort of physical infliction. Although, with a bit of hope in mind, he wished that Gavyn would assist with cleaning him up. The idea of being blood-free sounded heavenly.

26. Characters in this post:
    Even before the man admitted he was he hero of ice, Jenna knew. His face told her everything she needed to know and she just had this feeling, like he belonged. When Adam came over to them she gave him a brief smile.

"I'm lightning," she said simply. "It's nice to meet you Cole, I'm Jennavieve but I go by Jenna." They all needed to sit down and talk. Now that they were looking at the real hero of ice they needed to figure out who Li'ing was. He knew there names and who had what element. This was going to be disastrous.

Jenna let out a heavy sigh and shifted on her feet. "I think we need to all go inside and talk. Were going to be in big trouble if Li'ing was a spy for the la'Ronk. I'm so stupid!" She kicked a rock next to her toes in anger. Jenna couldn't believe she didn't realize that Li'ing was a spy. He was so closed off and didn't talk to them. Plus it took her forever to realize he was gone. All of that was unacceptable to her.

27. Characters in this post:
    Kyle looked up when the men started shouting something about being boarded. He had to laugh.

Then Let them board. he thought, seeing the girl board. She had a la'Ronk badge. He saw one of the men reach for his weapon, "If you touch that blade, Jensen, I will personally shoot you down."

"You're not me capt'n!" Jensen said, hefting the huge ax at the girl. With only the slightest move of his hand, Kyle embedded a throwing knife in the man's shoulder, causing him to drop the ax. It didn't deter him, however from pick up a smaller knife with his good hand and lunging at the girl. Kyle tsked as the crossbow bolt burrowed into the man's side. The knive had been a warning, the bolt was a kill shot. If Teresa had seen more blood in her life, he would've jumped down and stabbed the man, but the crossbow bolt left a much smaller hole an a lot less blood.

"Anyone else who wants to attack this young woman, do so at your on risk." The crew all looked down at this. "Hello Madame la'Ronk." he said, walking over, "Now what are we forgetting again? I won't ask you how you know my name, but I would like to know yours." he said, as politely as he could. "Somebody clean this mess up and toss the body overboard... Don't want it smelling up the ship."

"But sir..." one of the men began, only to be cut off by Kyle.

"So you're offering to share a bed with Jensen tonight, Beiny?" he said, eyes cold and voice emotionless. When he saw the man's face pale he smirked. "Then I suggest you listen to your orders." he said with a snarl.

"Now, what were we saying?" He said turning back to the young woman.

28. Characters in this post:
    Teresa woke up to the sound of fighting going on above her. Or at least she assumed it was fighting. It was banging and loud and kyle was shouting though she wasn't sure the words. Uncurling from the ball she has ended up she decided to go investigate. Her long hair which had been previously bound on top of her head had managed to come undone and hung in curls down her back almost reaching her waist. She ran towards the main deck of the ship just in time to hear kyle asking who someone was. and made it on to the deck in time to hear him threaten the other sailor. She was shocked. Not really at the fact kyle would threaten a man it seemed right up his alley, but that he had so much at one given time. She felt bad for the Beiny (she assumed this was the sailor being threatened, he was only voicing an opinion.) She also wondered who this Jensen was though she assumed he was another sailor, she had fallen asleep that night before she had learned anyone's name.

And then as all of that raced through her brain a mile a min, she noticed the dead body on the floor and the pretty la' Ronk girl standing at the other end of the deck of the ship. She recognized the family symbol on the girls badge. But not the girl herself. Biting the urge to panic about the dead body and start asking 50 billion questions that were going through her head, she put on her best noble la' Ronk face and curtsied to the other woman "Hello Miss Riddle, I recognize your family name from your badge, but i don't recognize you. Have you spent any time Kishmal? Also i really must insist you fully cooperate and answer any and all of Captain Gear's questions. First and for most, who are you? He seems quite willing to kill people tonight who displease him."

She nodded to Kyle in a silent apology for undermining his role as captain. However the stranger was clearly la' Ronk and for all his good traits Kyle was not and that meant socially this lady didn't have to tell him anything. Teresa knew nobles, and how to interact. And she was good at it. This girl was her equal in every way, the badge she wore at her hip noted it at every level, and while she was still to far away to read the first name, the family name and rank stood out clear as day. She hoped Kyle would follow along and ask questions and not shoot the girl. she had made the connection from the crossbow in his hand to the dead sailor. She had no illusions that he would hesitate to use it if he thought the situation demanded. And there really was no reason for killing anymore this could be solved with words. She moved forward to stand closer to the action or the aftermath, oh gods dead bodies smelled! She waited to see what would happen next.

29. Characters in this post:
    ((Short Post))

Adam looked at the new hero of Ice, still somewhat sad over finding out that Li'ing was apparently a la'Ronk spy. Adam listened to the Ice Hero introduce himself as Cole.

"Pleasure to meet you Cole my name is Adam Celt I'm the Earth Elementalist. Welcome to the Clan! I suggest we all head inside before anyone gets suspicious."

30. Characters in this post:
    The peaceful silence that immersing yourself under water brought was something very tranquil. But that silence was broken suddenly, causing the bathing girl to shoot up out of the water rapidly, her eyes popping open as wide as they could. When she came face to face with the Hero of Darkness, she let out a loud yelp. “Ai~!!” Within seconds, instead of attempting to cover herself up with her hands she used some of the water from the tub to bring about a wall of water between them,

The water itself was not clear, and Gavyn’s silhouette was still visible, but the wall served as a screen that eased her severely embarrassed mind. Pulling her knees up to her chest she rest her hands back in the water, the wall continuing to stand between them. “You swear you didn’t see anything? You didn’t mean to sneak in here while I was bathing right? Because that wasn’t sneaky at all.” Her voice echoed amongst the ceramic tiles that walled the room, faint swishing of the water moving with her body accompanying her voice. How awful would it be that the first time a boy saw her naked body would be an accident!

Her heart was still racing, no pounding against her bare chest and her face would not seem to remove the powerful blush across her face. Her cheeks were so warm, she had a right to be embarrassed though. But Nick, in that second they stared face to face, was his face red as well? Then that must mean he had no intentions of committing such an offensive act of voyeurism. Taking a deep breath, she was relieved to come to that deduction, and felt like she was able to relax her shoulders again.

The steam and hot water was heating up her already flushed skin as she sat in the tub, awkwardly sitting in silence for a few moments before changing the subject entirely, not wanting to dwell on the past few unfortunate seconds. “You shouldn’t be up and about right now you know…” Looking through the wall of water she could see his silhouette by the doorway. “You need your rest, even if you feel alright right now, you will be even more worn out later if you don’t recover fully. Adam even made you a medicinal drink to help you in your recovery.” She couldn’t fight off a smile, but it did not show in her motherly words. It was nice to see that he was up, and acting as silly as ever, even if it did bring about an unfortunate and awkward situation.

Then the notion hit her mind, “Oh! You need to get washed up don’t you?” If that much blood and dirt stained the skin of the water maiden, than he must be far worse. “Well, I’m almost done. I really was dilly dallying, I tend to get swept away into the moment when I surround myself with the loving embrace of my element…” Snapping back to attention she went back to scrubbing off the dirt and blood from her skin. “Sorry, I’ll be out shortly.” She spoke happily, humming to herself while still being put at ease by the divider between them.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Posts 151 to 180 of 328