Login to your account

Don't Let Your Hope Fade - Closed

A tale of seven heroes who came in a time of darkness and fought when no one else would.......

Tags: adventure, betrayal, dark, drama, elements, fantasy, good vs evil, heroes, hope, light, magical, right vs wrong, romance, saving the world, saviors

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in New Vegra

The largest of all the cities. This place is the life and action of the planet. People travel from all over to see the lights and games of this large city whose crime rate is unreasonably high.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 61 to 90 of 121

1. Characters in this post:
    The sound of someone walking around woke Jenna up instantly. Her eyes flew open, hidden still by her hood. She kept her body still, like she was still asleep as she looked around. When she realized it was just Gavyn she relaxed a bit. Then when Cole thumped to the floor she smiled under her hood. She watched as he left and Rynn went outside.

The smell off food made her sniff the air and she finally stood up. Keeping her hood up Jenna was about to walk over to Cole and Rynn when Nick woke up. Watching him made her laugh softly. He was probably the most interesting person to watch upon waking up. The way he yawned and stretched was funny to her.

When he suddenly said they had company Jenna tensed and quickly flipped a dagger out. She was about to throw it when the door slowly opened it, but stopped when Nick ran into the guy. Frowning she lowered her hand because they obviously knew each other. "So this must be your friend eh?" She asked as she walked over to Cole and Rynn, putting her dagger away as she walked.

Looking up at Cole from under her hood she gave him a smile. "Thank you Cole." She pulled out a pastry and her mouth started watering. Jenna didn't realize until that moment how hungry she was. Pulling her hood down she starting eating the pastry in her hand. "Oh this is heaven!" She said with a happy sigh.

2. Characters in this post:
    Adam was very sore by the morning, his back ached with intense pain. "Note to self! Next time I take watch make a hammock of vines! By the gods my back hurts!" Adam waited until he knew everyone would be awake, not long after Rynn called up to him telling him that mostly everyone was up and that he could come down. "Fantastic then!"

Adam gathered his things and began to get down from the tree when he saw a white haired man approaching the hideout, Adam feared the worst grabbed a branch and dive rolled towards the hideout. Adam rushed the man ready to knock him out with the broken off branch.

Adam raised the the branch above his head, when he heard Nick greet the man. Adam quickly stopped the branch raised above him. "Ah...so you know him...glad you said something before I struck him over the head with this branch. Sorry that I almost hit you with a branch...I swear I don't normally strike people with branches!"

3. Characters in this post:
    It was true, Gavyn had just finished a blueberry muffin she had taken out of her satchel for her morning breakfast, but oh how she couldn’t resist the sweet and sugary smell that pleasantly filled the air. Licking her lips, those large blue eyes of hers left the pages of her new found book and locked onto the bag of delights the newest group had to offer. “How kind!” Without hesitation she reached in and scooped up a beignet with an overjoyed smile.

Now standing beside Cole, Gavyn happily teetered on her feet from side to side as she took small bites, savoring it’s taste. The odds of enjoying something of this caliber again on their journey were going to be few and far between. It was then that she heard their leader, Rynn awaken and alert Adam who had managed to keep watch all night. He’s been up their all night without sleep? He really is a team player. Gavyn thought to herself as Rynn approached the two, taking up a pastry in her hands as well. “Good Morning Miss Rynn!” She said with a cheerful smile.

A animalistic groan could be heard from across the room where Rynn had just awoken, “That is either the sounds of a wild animal giving birth, or… Nick is awake?” she said giggling while taking more bites from the beignet. One of the first things he did upon actually rising to his feet was approach Gavyn with his fresh bed head and all to thank her. The sudden appreciation made her blush slightly, a bit surprised. “No really, it was no problem. I’m just glad I could help.” With that she finished her pastry and licked the tips of her fingers.

“Company?” Turning her head, Gavyn looked toward the entrance. A fair skinned male come in, dawning snow white hair and bearing powerfully blue eyes of a much deeper shade than her own. He had obviously excited Nick to the point of child like excitement, but those efforts were soon daunted by the twos sudden crash to the floor. Who was this man? He looked older than Gavyn, but probably not by more than a handful of years, but his height and body type alone gave him a more mature look.

Jenna was awoken shortly after, obviously the commotion was enough to bring someone out of even a deep sleep, but Gavyn couldn’t help but think the pastry bag had powers of attraction. As Jenna partook in one as well, Gavyn giggled. “Yummy, huh?” Holding up her hands she showed them to Jenna, "I had one a minute ago but it was so good I ate it in a blink of an eye.” As much as the brunette wanted another, she had already eaten twice what she normally ate for breakfast and Gavyn had a tendency to get sleepy on a full stomach. “How did you sleep?” She asked Jenna, their conditions weren’t exactly four star and under the pressure that the group was it was a task in itself for most to even shut their eyes, especially Jenna who seemed quite protective of the group. As she spoke with Jenna, the last of the group Adam had finally made it down from his perch and into the room where they were all standing, bent in a position that made him seem like an old man. “I bet Rynn could heat up his back for him and ease those aches.”

4. Characters in this post:
    "ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY! YOU ALMOST KILLED ME! Goddamn, Adam! Keep Martha on a shorter leash; she nearly raped me!" A great huff of air was sent at the branch that was dangling by his side.

Growling, two beads of water swelled up at the side of his eyes. Looking like he was about to burst into a great fit of sobs, the male's facial expressions continued to hint at a more depressing sort of outburst. It was then when the great beast opened it's mouth! Anyone in the area would have been wise to cover their ears for the sound that was to follow would surely be a scream.

"AAAAAUUUUUUUOOWWWHHnomnomnom... do I smell noms?"

All that and for what? A yawn which was followed by his desire to eat. It certainly was not an expected move, but it was better than having to deal with his childish whining. Honestly, how could a young adult have the nerve to cry about having a sore butt. Well, perhaps he was sobbing over the fact that he was almost raped by a tree branch, but that's another story.

Rubbing his butt, he glared at Gavyn and her remark about having Rynn assist Adam. "What about my butt! Devykins just showed me on the floor. Don't I get some lovin?" Anticipating a snide remark, he spat out an incoherent string of words. "AndyesIrealizeIwascuddlingwithRynnlastnight. You'rejealous,Iknow. Soshutthefuckupandgoaway." It just came out of his mouth like a booming avalanche. Shifting his weight onto his heels, Nicholas hobbled backwards until his rump collided with the person closest to him (Jenna). Flailing forward, he groped out at the person who was directly to the right of him (Rynn).

"Waaaaaaaaah! It's not fair. I want a kitty." he whined as he latched onto Rynn's hips. "I had a dream that you and I... we..." his lips drew tight when he realized everyone was listening in on his comment to the fiery woman. A few drops of perspiration dotted his brows as he immediately had an idea as to what they would think. Fumbling to come up with a great comeback, he shouted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Fuck."

His hands came flying up to his lips. Falling backwards onto the floorboards, Nick's eyes looked about the room. Rynn is going to kill me! Moving his hands, he took another attempt to fix his issue.

"It was hot. I mean she was hot. I mean..." frantically shooting his eyes between the heroes and Devyn he continued to sink into a state of panic. Fuck, fuck, fuck! Say something that doesn't make it sound like you just screwed Rynn last night. But I'm pretty sure, had we done something, they would have known. Yeah! They would have heard us!

"We weren't loud, so I don't know... erm, that's not what I meant to say. I mean we were silent and.... fuck, fuck, fuck!"

His shoulders slumped as he shot Rynn his puppy-dog eyes. In that little connection, Nick's eyes wavered and signaled that he needed help. He was just going to keep digging himself into a bigger hole and he feared that it would end badly. But, being the fool that he was, he didn't give the poor woman a chance to speak. Sure enough, his mouth was opening and would most likely spit out something that was far from the truth.

"Don't be too rough on me..." he choked out. Immediately after the words hit the air, the black haired brute realized his comment could be taken sexually. Not that he didn't like the idea of being rough with Rynn, but that really wasn't what he wanted to say. This whole time the guy just wanted to let Rynn know that he had a dream that they adopted a kitten.

Well, I suppose I can just make it awkward or continue this train of thought. Ya know, save my face and all? Yeah! That would totally work. Mustering up his courage, Nick let his uncensored mind run with whatever popped into his head first. He would make this work and fix everything.

"I'm so gay...."

Flopping onto the floor like a fish out of water, Nick reeled around until he was out of breath. Panting, he looked up at Rynn, who he had magically moved beside. All that flailing around and moping must have directed him toward her. Not that he was complaining, but it did look bad.

Nick's legs folded up under him. Hands pawing at her stomach, the crimson-eyed hero whimpered. A heartbroken, defeated expression adorned his handsome face. Whimpering again, he let his head rest against her crotch. With his hands still gripping at her shirt, he tugging himself up some so that his nose was closer to her naval.

Still whimpering like a dog, his sadden red eyes remained fixed on Rynn. He really didn't want to pay any attention to the heroes (and Devyn). They would surely think he was a spineless coward. Or gay, since he told them all that.

His head banged against her bladder. Keeping silent, Nick feared what would follow. To be honest, Nick feared Rynn the most. He was already imagining life without his 'man goods.' He even thought she might burn off his eyebrows and hair. The thought of being bald made Nick shudder before another whimpering sound pursed his lips.

5. Characters in this post:
    "Sorry Nick didn't mean to! Wasn't trying to hit you was trying to hit this man here!" Adam walked over to Gavyn but not before grabbing some food Cole brought and thanking him for getting food for everyone. Adam stood next to Gavyn he was afraid he would fall asleep if he sat down.

"And how are you this morning Gavyn? At the first mention of bed you were out! Sleep well I hope?"

6. Characters in this post:
    Hearing the odd yawns coming from the house, Rynn simply cast something akin to an extremely nonchalant glance in that direction. She had a good guess who it was, considering everyone else was already awake. She would've greeted him, but someone else wandered in before she had the oppurtunity. After a brief moment of stress waiting for the man to attack, the leader relaxed and her shoulders lost their visible tension once it was revealed that this was indeed Nick's friend. Although she did still let out a very audible laugh when she saw Adam running at him with a tree branch. It was quite funny, but nothing considering what happend next.

After some sort of mild ranting about a hurt bum and cuddling from Nick, the dark hero collided with Rynn. She hadn't been prepared for it, and as such Rynn lost her balance and grabbed onto Nick's shoulder's instinctively to regain it. Which she succeeded in thankfully, as getting completely bowled over was not in her plans for the day.

"Kitten? You want a kitten?" she looked at him, half confusing and half smirking. She could give him a kitten. Before she had the chance however, Nick was accidentally making innuendo after innuendo for quite some time. Of course, Rynn began laughing with the first one and continued laughing with each consecutive one, her laughs growing in amusement as he continued. Why would she be offended by him? They were honest, though entertaining, mistakes. He just wasn't thinking.

She stood there quite calmly, watching as Nick displayed that he thought flopping around like a child was the best solution at the moment (Hint: it wasn't). But Rynn wasn't going to tell him that, she was having far too much fun laughing at how serious he took all of it. When he grappled onto her like he was about to die, Rynn simply let out a bemused smirk, placed her hand on the back of his shirt and lifted him back up to a standing position, or did her best too dependant upon how tight he was truly holding on. "Nick. Relax. They were honest mistakes, and really quite funny. You need to calm down. I'm not going to light you on fire because you insinuated something. Its really okay. Got it?" she spoke, her voice rather even and littered with undertones of nothing more serious than amusement.

"Here's a gift to chill you out." Rynn smirked, creating a small kitten out of fire quickly. "You should be able to pet it, he cools down when he knows someone wants to pet him. Also I have control over it and will keep it from burning you. I know its not a real kitten, but enjoy it for the short time that I can keep up its form."

7. Characters in this post:
    Grinning like the goofball he was, Nick took up the fire kitten in a heartbeat. Cuddling the little fiery creature, he hissed at anyone that dared venture near the pair. Those wild eyes of Nick's seemed to lose their edgy attitude that seemed to define the guy. Perhaps Rynn had finally tore down the wall that surrounded him. Just moments before he was playing expressions of shame, guilt, and even a hint of lust.

It then popped into Nick's mind that he hadn't thanked the woman for her kind acts. How was it that she was so fair to him? She never once raised her hand to slap him away and, whenever he needed a good lashing, she would use her tongue and not a fireball or physical attack. The Fire Heroine was really in-tune with Nick. She could feed off his emotions and toy with him as she pleased. He, as sad as it will sound, was hers to control. It was almost as if a submissive switch had been turned on. He no longer sought to act manly on her account. He need not win her heart over. Nicholas knew that somewhere within the woman, she had fallen for him just as he had fallen for her. Perhaps it all started with the first initial stare. The one were they seemed to get a feeling for the other. That little act of respect and understanding.

His lips curled up as he moved to a standing position. With Rynn's back braced against the wall, the action that followed was all too obvious to predict. Or was it?

Kitten placed atop his head, Nick's right hand found its place on the vertical boards of the building. If he had stood their long enough, he probably would have been able to push the wall out, but this little action would be fleeting. Disappointed at his lack of courage, he fought to keep his hand on the wall for just a moment longer.

Curling his left hand fingers around the woman's jaw, he leaned in while tilting her chin up. It was almost perfect. Her face was angled as his and Nicholas' handsome face was glancing down at hers.

But the anticipated kiss never came. Chickening out last minute, Nick barely coughed up a word of thanks. "I'm so happy right now. If I had the courage, I would kiss you. But, I'm afraid now is not the time for such a thing. We've got a mission." His head turned away from Rynn, but his body remained close to hers. The little kitten on his head managed to hold on all the while (had they kissed, the two would have, more than likely, been interrupted by a falling kitten). "We should probably head out. Devyn, would you mind letting us use your place to clean up? We'll also need to buy supplies and scout this city. It may prove to be a nice base for us. But we shall see."

It was almost as if he was instructing everyone to leave and file behind Devyn as he marched them to his home. But, that was just the half of it. Finally, they were alone.

His heart was racing and the little kitten was holding on for its dear life. Leaning in, the Hero of Darkness planted a gentle peck on Rynn's cheek before a blush swept over him.

8. Characters in this post:
    After making it through their first night, the heroes have come to realize that there is more to them than just saving the world. If they fail, everyone suffers. Baring this burden doesn't quite seem fair, but they are more than willing to give it there all.

As per Nick's suggestion, the group is now heading out to Devyn's house. The heroes will spend a few hours there, gathering their belongings and staking out a building for their refuge, should anything ever happen.

While everyone is is heading away, Nick and Rynn get to share in a tender moment. Although he knows finding love is not a part of his mission, he can't help but wonder if there is more to their destiny than pain and agony.

It's safe to assume they are all worried about the future, so it makes sense that they might cling to a bit of happiness. So, if Nick has Rynn, who do the others have? And, does Nick really have Rynn? Only time will tell what plays out. Will the heroes really get a chance to work on their young romance? Or will they be roped into saving the world before a true romance can blossom?

9. Characters in this post:
    Finally arriving at the steps of Devyn's house, the group turned to Rynn for leadership. As soon as the spotlight was on the woman, Nick crept around behind her. Arms folding around her chest, his lips whispered words into her ears, guiding her so that she wouldn't have to come up with some sort of plan.

Although she altered his words so that they fit her own tone, Rynn, for the most part, agreed with his suggestions. It had been decided that Adam would go out alone and seek out people who rebelled against the la'Ronk, people that would fight to keep the heroes alive. Jenna and Cole were to set out and collect supplies for the group. Rynn and Devyn were assigned the role of setting traps and making sure they steered the la'Ronk away. They did this by spreading rumors and lying about the whereabouts and the appearance of the heroes. The last two assigned a job were Nick and Gavyn. They were to take to the strip and figure out how to earn the group money. They also needed to gather information on the la'Ronk.

Once they had completed their mission, they were to reconvene at Devyn's house where they would ate a late lunch. After lunch, the group would rest up for the remainder of the day before setting out to Nick's house, as Devyn pointed out the heroes needed a book that Nick had in his possession.

Meanwhile, the group had no idea that the High Queen of the la'Ronk was relaxing in the city....

10. Characters in this post:
    The walk to Devyns house was a walk of quiet contemplation and reflection for the young water heroine. The group moved together as one, and to the untrained eye seemed like just your average group of friends. Looking around her eyes breezed over the faces of her companions, everyone seemed to be getting along rather well it seemed. Each person contributed something to the group, in personality and in their powers. It was true that they had only been together for a short time, but so much had happened since they first met… those experiences only drew them closer together.

But what would happen when all was said and done? Gavyn could only hope that the clan of misfits would be able to save their world… but what about after that? It wasn’t like all the heroes lived in the same neighborhood, they were spread out all over this world. An unpleasant thought washed through her mind, picturing the group separating with friendly but heart wrenching hugs, hand shakes and reluctant waves of the hand… promising to write letters, visit in the warm seasons. Blinking away what were becoming glossy eyes, Gavyn took a deep breath and clutched onto the leather strap that slung over her shoulder and across her chest.

Everything will be okay, dear. This is a bond far beyond your average friendship, I know what you’re thinking… but know this child, strings of fate tie each of you together…. And those strings will never be broken.

Her grandmothers raspy yet soothing voice set her heart at ease, and a smile finally passed to her peach toned lips. Nodding her head, she headed those wise words and changed her train of thought to focusing on the mission at hand.

Upon arriving at Devyns house, everyone was clambering for a shower, clean clothes and other refreshments of the sort. There wasn’t a large supply of hot water to go around, and since Gavyn had taken a bath the night before she only occupied herself with finding a wash bin. She took it upon herself to wash her clothes along with the others as well, which was a luxury in her eyes considering what kind of life they were having to live. Hanging the spare changes of clothes to dry, Gavyn was called in to a group meeting where Rynn gave orders alongside Nick as to what our next course of action would be.

It seemed the group was getting split up onto separate missions of importance, Gavyn being assigned to search the New Vegra strip for ways to find income of any sort and to gather information on the enemy while they were out.

Feeling out of her element, the two traveled toward the strip. Gavyn felt lucky to be assigned to this with Nick as her partner, it would be one of the times his personality would help them survive in a city like this. “I hate to say this… but I’m really only well versed when it comes to earning money by trade… and this certainly isn’t a place where trade is of any interest.” The city was a world made for entertainers and thugs to greedily take up the last coins left in the pockets of wayward travelers. The only positive side of things was that this was probably the best place to gather shady and valuable information on the la’Ronk, so the two should really focus on earning money as their main objective since it would be the most difficult of the two tasks.

11. Characters in this post:
    She was mildly surprised as Nick pressed her against the wall, but no blush would cross her face, no visible reaction would occur except for a widening smirk across her lips. Rynn wasn't the type to blush at men who decided to show her a little attention, it was a small amount of fun and relief they got in these hard times, a small flirt here and there.

As he grazed her jaw with his fingers, Rynn lifted her emerald eyes to hold his gaze, her lips slightly parted as she sensed what the moment was ripe for. Of course, it would not come- not here, not now. It was not the time, and Nick did not seem to be the type to just do as he would- at least not with Rynn. She was a match for him, and so he took a bit more care.

"When it is the time Nick...." Rynn began, her grin widening "you need not ask permission." Her smirk was quite wide now, and she slinked her way out from under his arms, though she did stop long enough to allow him to kiss her on the cheek. How quaint. He was being a nervous little boy, but she smiled nonetheless. And then back to the front of the group to lead as she was needed to do.

She kept pace with Devyn as they wandered to his house, listening to Nick's plans once they arrived there and nodding in agreement with him. After dispensing orders in a very polite way, Rynn went over to Devyn. "Where shall we start with out misleadings?" another grin crossed her lips, she would enjoy this little assingment.

12. Characters in this post:
    Chuckling, Nick moved in closer to the woman and he looped his arm through hers. Holding her hand, as if they were a couple, he smiled down at her. "You've nothing to fear, Gavyn. I spent a great many summers here with my brother. We were pretty good at gambling. Besides, if all else fails, we can enter in the blind date contest. The winner gets money and a free lunch. Wouldn't that be great? And, being a beautiful woman by nature, you would surely secure a high place. We might be able to use your looks to our bene... uh, not that we have to. If you would rather just watch, I can exploit myself. I don't mind. I would rather you be comfortable."

As they walked down the street, Nick watched Gavyn's face. They were in the part of the city that was known for prostitution. There were hookers to their left and right. A few pimps were nearby, glaring at the pair as they walked toward the heavily lit area before them. The main gambling hall.

Pulling the doors apart, he bowed to Gavyn, letting her enter the place before him. Once inside the dimly lit area, Nick's eyes widened and took in the sites. It had been a while since he was last here and boy had it changed. There were vending machines, card tables, and a whole bunch of other things that Nick didn't understand. To the far left were woman removing their clothes. Shuddering at the sight of a few breasts popping out, he took a step forward in an attempt to shield Gavyn's virgin eyes from the intercourse that was happening over yonder.

"We will want to stay to the right. The left is where people will indulge in their sexual pleasures."

Nicholas moved toward the right and felt a pair of eyes fall on him. An attractive scarlet approached and asked if he would be interested in modeling. Without even gathering information on the show, he agreed as the pay was nice. As he would later find out, it was a stripping event. The male that could get the most screams would be declared the winner.

Turning toward Gavyn, he panicked. "I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I want to expose myself in front of everyone. I'm not sure I should have signed up without... reading the fine print. So, I'll need your help. Scream as loud as you can. I'll get down as far as I can before I'm completely naked. If all else fails, I'll just be eliminated off the bat."

13. Characters in this post:
    “Gambling is far too risky, the odds around here aren’t exactly in our favor…” It was nice to hear that the Prince of Darkness did in fact have the experience in these parts that the two needed. If they started to gamble what little earnings they had, it would probably conclude with a sad end result so Gavyn mentally crossed that idea off their list.

She squeezed his hand when he used the term “exploit” and her eyes went wide as she shook her head back and forth. “No! No that’s a terrible idea! I want to be useful! And, I know you wouldn’t compromise my safety and I can’t let you compromise yours!” He wouldn’t know it, but Gavyn did look up greatly to their leader Rynn and it wasn’t hard to see the connection the two had… and she sure as hell wouldn’t want to be responsible for endangering someone Rynn cared so deeply for. “I can enter the blind date contest, money is our objective, and a nice meal doesn’t sound bad.”

To be honest the idea made her nervous, but a lot of things to that respect upset her stomach. But now wasn’t the time to be selfish, and she would do anything to be successful in her newly acquired mission. But the concept of controlling her sheepish nature toward things of the explicit nature became even more difficult as she entered the main gambling hall. Her jaw dropped and her eyes went wide as she watched women shedding their clothes out in the open. Those sandaled feet of hers seemed to glue to the floor just as Nick jumped in front of her. Chest raising and falling rapidly, she tried to gain a composure and not run right out of there.

“I-I’ll be okay.” Taking hold of Nicks hands that were held in front of her face she dropped her tense shoulders and closed her eyes taking a deep breath as she chanted under her breath, “just keep your eyes to yourself, keep your eyes on the ground, there is nothing wrong with naked ladies running around… or couples… “courting“ in plain sight…, it’ll be quite alright Gavyn, consider this a learning experience. Yes, just a learning experience.”

As she was giving herself the little pep talk, Nick was signing himself off to an approaching woman. By the time Gavyn broke from her concentration it wasn’t her that was in a panic anymore, it was him. “You what?!” Holding her hands on the sides of her head she couldn’t believe what this city was like, and they had only been exposed to it for a short time. “You are going to expose yourself in front of all these people?” She whispered urgently to the boy huddled before her. Before she could even think of a plan to get him out of this he was already being summoned to a stage lit with lights of pinks and purples. She was going to have to scream and shriek as loud as she possibly could to try and get him to win without having to shed too many articles of clothing. As he was being dragged away she yelled toward him, “Don’t worry, Nick!” It was strange being the one having to tell someone else not worry, especially in a situation like this.

With that she ran as fast as she could into the crowd that was hovering around the stage, possibly in more of a panic than Nick was. A nervous sweat formed on her temples, nibbling the corner of her lip. How was Gavyn, someone who could barely be heard in a quiet room be loud enough to overpower this whole room?

14. Characters in this post:
    Upon hearing the assignments Adam was ready to go gather information but before he left he walked over to Rynn and Devyn and handed them a small bag of seeds "Hey if we need food plant these seeds, I've infused them with some magic and upon being watered they should grow to full grown plants with their food ready to eat." Adam waved at them both and ran off to the city.

The city was a nice place he enjoyed them he loved seeing the people there, he wasn't to nervous being out of his element. Most places he visited weren't forests so Adam was used to feeling somewhat out of place, and luckily he always had some seeds with him just in case. Being somewhat bored Adam began to think out loud.

"Hmm if I were a la'Ronk rebel where would I be...this would be easier if I had someone to bounce ideas off of...how come I had to go alone?! Hmmm there are three reasons I would be alone, 1) No one likes me...doubt it 2)I'm badass...eh 3)There is an odd number of heroes. I'm going to go with number 3 with a bit of number 2 on the side...who am I talking to..."

Adam walked around for awhile dropping hints here and there to tough looking people about the la'Ronk to gauge their reactions, he wasn't having much luck. He came across a bar and decided to head inside to see if he could have any luck there.

15. Characters in this post:
    As she was told her assignment Jenna's eyes wandered over to Cole, her partner. Nodding she stood up from her crouch and walked over to him. At least I'm not with Nick.. she thought to herself. At least she would have some alone time with Cole, get to know the other hero better. She was going to make it her mission to learn something about each person. They did have to live and travel together, for lord knows how long.

"Ready?" She asked Cole then turned her body so they could start walking. Jenna was glad she got the job of scrounging up supplies. She was very good and picking things out of no where and stealing was one of her stronger abilities. You don't live on the street and not learn how to steal. Mental she made a list of the things they would need, batteries being on the top of the list. She was going to need something with electricity at all times.

Once she made her list she glanced at Cole. "How good are you at stealing?" Jenna wanted to know if he was completely against it or if he would help her. With the two of them it would be easier. One could be the watcher while the other stole. Sure they could buy some of the supplies but they didn't have enough money for everything.

16. Characters in this post:
    Devyn lead the group to his house with ease, being careful not to get lost this time. He'd been able to tell Nick about a book he shoud recieve. He'd remembered Jenny Lynn allowing the two to mess around with it when they were younger. He also remembered where it came from, but that was a different story.

The male nodded as he was instructed on what to do. Mislead people. Seemed easy enough. And the female he would have to work with seemed like a good partner. Devyn thought quickly to himself as Rynn asked where to start. With a shrug he pointed to a random direction.

"Around there seems good. There ought to be some la'Ronk floating around there somewhere." He said, with a small smile.

Devyn hoped they wouldn't be to hungry once they met back up again. They'd probably regret ever coming if they tasted any of Devyn's recipes. Devyn shook his head slightly, realizing he'd gotten distracted.

17. Characters in this post:
    Don't worry. Oh how he wished that was possible! How was he not to worry? He was about to find himself on a stage of naked men and he would, more than likely, be the only one still wearing pants. Scolding himself for not inquiring what the modeling was, he frantically thought of an excuse as to why he wasn't going to expose the world to his junk and rump. Not that they weren't something to show off, but displaying them before the virgin mind of Gavyn didn't seem quite to fitting. In fact, it left knots in his stomach.

As the others strolled onto the landing, Nick exhaled and joined them. To his surprise, the men he was put up against were hardly match for his good looks. Perhaps I will win with everything on, these men are... ugly. There was a lad with a scar that looked somewhat decent, but his hair was not kept well and he wore nothing flattering. The one to his right stunk and he knew his body hadn't been bathed in ages. The guy to his left was far too short and his hands were way out of proportion.

Smirking, Nicholas stepped forward when the spotlight came to him. Without a doubt, the crowd of people screamed wildly. Although he heard chanting to strip, he opted to save that for a later basis, in case he discovered one of the men was actually concealing a handsome pair of abs. Sure enough, two of them were, but their bodies were nothing in comparison to his.

Nick pointed a finger at Gavyn and instructed her to turn around as he was about to removed his top. He really did not want the woman to feast her eyes open his little removal, as he knew it would be up questions later on.

As he playfully tugged his shirt off, he tossed to it his feet and flicked his fingers gingerly across his chest. The deafening screams, secured his spot. As the others tried to match his level of beauty, the host stepped onto the stage and commented on how it was evident that the winner was Nick. Asking if he would join in another round, he declined, which caused a series of booing to erupt from the people. With a smug shrug, he yanked his shirt up and put it back over his body before vanishing backstage to collect his dues.

Fingering the money, Nick wormed his way back to Gavyn. Smiling, he plopped the money in her hands before looping his arm around her neck.

"I think I've had enough fun for one day and, from the looks of it, we've got enough money to get us around the globe at least once. We can raid my house for more money when we get there. So, what do you say, care to join me for a peaceful stroll downtown? We can do some window shopping."

Just as he was about to walk away, Nick laced his fingers with hers. Planting a quick kiss on her cheek, he smiled. "Sorry to put you through all that. I forgot how rough the crowd was in that place. I promise, I won't be so foolish next time."

18. Characters in this post:
    Once Cole knew that he would be gathering more supplies, he made a mental checklist of what he knew they had. The things he had gathered earlier from his own apartment helped lower the list a bit. He looked over at Jenna, glad it was her he was working with. She was the hero he felt that he knew the best and he got along with her well. Her moods didn't seem as volatile as some of the others.

"Stealing is a way of life around here, as is intimidation," he replied, grinning a bit. It was expected in most parts of the city, some places more so than others. Intimidation would work in some parts better, and he had enough of a reputation in those parts to get things they might have trouble stealing.

19. Characters in this post:

A beautiful woman dressed from head to two in a white robe peered over at the lad as he entered the bar. A smile formed on her lips. It had been a while since she had last feasted her eyes on such a prize. He was downright handsome and he seemed to be a little down in the dumps.

Sweeping over to him her purple eyes looked dreamily into his golden pair. A blush coated her pale cheeks. With her guards off being drunken fools, the princess was completely on her own. It was also not a known fact that she was the princess. Even though Adam's hairpiece glowed, he wouldn't know which person was a la'Ronk and who wasn't. It's not like it could shout out "la'Ronk Princess dead ahead!"

Adam, being the wise man that he was, did a wonderful thing to conceal his item. Any la'Ronk would have spotted the glowing aura from it, but, as if by magic, he had made the light not visible to the eyes of the enemy. It was brilliant, and, with time, the item would become fair easier to control.

"Excuse me," her hand draped across Adam's shoulder. "Could I... interest you in having a drink with me?" Lauren had to watch her tongue and tone, as she was not playing the role of the princess right now. Barking out commands would surely give away her position. So, rather than being the bold woman she usually is, Lauren played the role of a sweet and innocent woman.

20. Characters in this post:
    As they started walking Jenna looked up at Cole and grinned. Good... she thought, he's the perfect person to have on this little outing.. Not only was he ok with stealing he knew the place and was ok with scaring people into giving them stuff. "I knew I was going to like you!" She said with a small chuckle. The two of them were going to get along great.

"Where should we go first? I think we need some bags before we start are little raid. Also I'm going to need anything that's small and has electricity in it. Like some batteries or something like that. That way I'll be able to use my ability at anytime and I won't have to wait for a storm."

That was the one thing Jenna hated. She wasn't at her full power until there was a storm. But that didn't mean she was weak, not at all. The moon and sun didn't command her like it did with some of the others. Plus she could use electricity in place of lightning.

Seeing that they were getting closer to the town Jenna pulled her cloak from behind her shoulders so it covered her. Then she pulled up her hood just far enough to cover up her hair and ears, but you could still see her face. She didn't want to chance anyone spotting her earrings.

21. Characters in this post:
    When the row of men, now including nick aligned themselves on the stage that Gavyn could only imagine was sticky and most likely smelt of sweaty undergarments. She wrenched up her nose at the woman who practically shoved the poor girl out of the way to get closer to the stage that she so elegantly laid her massive breasts on as she leaned toward them with an excited squeal.

Pouting out her lips, Gavyn scowled at the woman and tapped her on the shoulder. The wirey haired bleached out blonde peered over her shoulder to return the same expression at the “oddly” dressed girl. “Problem?” She spat out toward Gavyn. “You can’t just go around shoving people around. It’s rude.” To Gavyn, a statement like this was usually responded with an apology, well at least in her knick of the woods. But the girl slowly came to realize that she was much farther away from home than she realized as the woman quickly got right in the water heroines face. “’Scuse me! I had no idea the friggen princess was in town. Pft.” And with that she shoved her hand into Gavyns shoulder, sending her back into the women behind her. Absolutely red in the face with distaste for that kind of attitude she was ready to drench this hot headed woman with a bit of elemental magic when she realized exactly what she was about to do.

Using her powers over petty arguments was not how she was going to prove her strength. And it would most likely get her imprisoned, and executed within moments. Deciding to turn the cheek, which was proving difficult for the usually “shy” girl, her attention was quickly turned to Nick pointing a finger at her, much like a disciplinary father. Nodding, she quickly faced the opposite direction, within moments the whole room was alive with hollers and screams all directed toward the stage. He was doing well, so well… Gavyn didn’t even need to add in her own cheers and whistles.

Clutching her bag, she couldn’t help but feel a little bad for him. But in the end, she could only hope it at least fed his ego a little bit… although it’s not like he needed to know how attractive he was to the opposite sex… or even the same sex. The thought caused Gavyn to laugh a little before her body was weighed on by Nick who was already finished with his little show.

Wads of money flashed before her eyes, “Wow! You made that much?!” It was amazing how much money he received just from showing himself off. For a moment she wondered how much Nick actually had to show, but from the short time he was up there it couldn’t have been much. He offered to relax a little, which wasn’t a bad idea considering they had a better than expected amount of cash in hand already so she nodded eagerly in agreement. “Everyone is going to be so happy when they see what you did!” Gavyn shouted with eyes full of excitement and gratitude.

You didn’t have to tell her twice, Gavyn didn’t hesitate to leave the scummy club behind. Not entirely fitting to her personality, she turned her head toward the woman who had shoved her earlier and stuck her tongue out at her while shaking her fist full of cash in her direction. The woman crossed her arms and made an ugly face in return, pretending that she could care less, but that face quickly changed to a fiery jealousy when Nick grabbed her hand and pressed his lips against her cheek. It simply shocked Gavyn, but couldn’t have come at a better time. As he yanked her from the club, she followed happily.

He really was a good guy, sure… he had his issues and was a big personality for anyone to handle, but Rynn was the perfect woman to put him in his place. He held qualities that made him the polar opposite of herself, which was very entertaining to say the least. Normally it was a thought she would have kept in her head, but recently she has been speaking up more and more, “Ya know… You aren’t such a bad guy, Nick. I would have loved to have someone like you around growing up.”

22. Characters in this post:
    "Then around there is where we shall go...." Rynn said, pulling on a pair of adventuring gloves to that her ring finger couldn't be seen. It would not do well for her ring to start glowing in the middle of the city. She kept her hood down, pulling it up could look suspicious and garnering suspicion was the last thing they needed. "What exactly is the best way to spread rumors without looking really obvious? Somehow plant fake clues I guess?" She asked Devyn, keeping pace with him as they walked.

Perhaps she could just strike up a friendly conversation with whomever made her feel the heat from her ring. Thankfully being fire, the thing heated up as well as lit up so she always knew when something was going on. Maybe she could make side comments and say things like 'oh heroes? I hear they're a bunch who can't even get along.... hiding out in shacks....' or something really gossipy, like that they were still in Ka'lent....

23. Characters in this post:
    All right, he had to admit, Gavyn was damn cute. Adorable. Friendly. Sweet. Shy. To be honest, for the majority of his life he thought he would end up with someone like her. Someone who would just tolerate her personality and keep him around simply because he felt safe (it was the one thing Nick had going for him).

He chuckled when he saw the way the woman looked at the pair. Had he not known better, Nick might have assumed the two woman got in a little scoff about who would walk away with the winner. Being the kind of man Nick was, he never would have abandoned Gavyn. And yes, even if Rynn was the date at the end of the night, he still would have remained loyal to Gavyn. It wasn't like him to just let the innocent woman wander the corrupt streets alone. Besides, he would feel terrible if anything happened to her.

It was then when he shook his head. "You cannot tell the others that I was a stripper. I swear, I will never heart the end of it. So why don't we just keep it our little secret. Okay?" There was a blush still on his face, a sure sign that he was still embarrassed about the whole event. If he wasn't embarrassed, he was beat from the light that seemed to shine down on him. There were a few shiny spots on his forehead, but nothing that a little bit of fresh air couldn't cure.

Glad to have Gavyn on his arm, he smirked at her sweet little compliment. Now, answering her would be a real issue. What would he say? He didn't want to sound cocky. And he couldn't sound like an ass. For once, which would be odd, he had to be his softer self.

"I wouldn't go that far. I'm still a bad boy, but I do know a thing or two. And what kind of man would I be if I let anything happy to you? I promised the group I would get us money and I wasn't about to use you to get that money." A light blush coated his cheek at her comment about having a person like him in her life when she was younger. Smiling that handsome grin of his, he embraced the woman. "You're cute," he managed to stammer out before he directed his gaze elsewhere.

24. Characters in this post:
    Adam entered the bar and scanned the area, there were your usual suspects in the bar. The drunks, the ones there socially, and the ones looking for a sexual partner for the night. Adam noticed some burly looking men with some weapons tucked in their sides. Could be la'Ronk guards, but they seem busy so I should be good. Hmm...I guess I could talk to the drunks first, it'd be easy to get the info from them. Then go to the social ones and strike up some conversation and guide it towards la'Ronk. Then the ones looking for sexual partners...that is going to be awkward, OR go extremely well then I have things to brag about to Nick! Or I'll be slapped...

Whilst in thought Adam felt a hand lay upon his shoulder causing him to jump a little bit as he was jolted out of thought. Adam focused and saw the beautiful women and was slightly taken back by her beauty. He took measure of the women My gosh...she's gorgeous, and for a bar area she's dressed extremely well. She seems quite nice though, she's probably been in New Verga for awhile perchance she may know some people who don't like the la'Ronk. Wouldn't hurt to have a drink with her, and then I can brag to Nick that I had a drink with a very nice girl.

"I would love to have a drink with you miss." Adam gestured his hand over to an open booth and led the lady over to it. And sat down at the booth and properly introduced himself "I never did get your name miss, but before that allow me to introduce myself I am Adam Celt pleasure to meet you and you are?"

25. Characters in this post:
    A smile remained on her lips as she was so politely escorted to a booth. Signaling the bartender over toward their meeting place, she asked for 'the usual.' With a quick nod, the male left and returned within mere moment, presenting the two with some fine liquor.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Celt. I am Lauren R...Raine. I'm a bit new to the area, so you'll have to pardon my wardrobe. I used to live in Alshmere. Moved here a few weeks back. This little pub seems to be the talk of the town, for I frequent here often."

So she had to lie about who she was. It's not like she could just say, "Oh, I'm Princess Lauren Ronk. Ruler of this place and two others. Out to crush those pesky heroes." No, no, that type of thing just wouldn't do. After all, she had no idea who was for or against the la'Ronks, which was why she took it upon herself to mix and mingle with the people of New Vegra. She had to sniff out the rotten and remove them as fast as she could.

Reaching for his hand, she blushed some when her fingers collided with his. It was truly a rare treat to be seated with such a fine young man. Had she not been dead set on finding intel about the enemy, she would have opened with her typical, "I'm the princess" remarks.

26. Characters in this post:
    The cool outside air hit both of them with a slight gust. It was time now to finish the second half of their assignment, find information. This will prove to be more difficult than originally planned, but Gavyn was going to try and use her intelligence and wit to aid in the process. It was only fair that she actually do some work this time, seeing as Nick just single handedly made more than enough money. Looking up into the sky, she noticed the looming clouds that were beginning to cover the sun. ”Jenna will be pleased when she sees this, I’m not sure if this is just going to pass but it would pay off not only for me, but for her as well if the forecast was stormy.” A quick glimpse of the incident when Jenna struck a bolt of lightning beside Nick came back into her mind. Remembering the situation, Nick was really asking for a wake up call.

Looking up at the man on her arm she pondered the thought of asking him if he was really alright? He had gone back and forth a few times, showing a sweeter side along with his darker one… but was he really hurting under that suave smile of his? He should know by now that the entire group cares for him, especially Rynn and he has the support he once would shy away from… but hopefully he wasn’t just trying to mask his inner turmoil with sweet remarks and pleasant gestures. She couldn’t help but worry about these people, but perhaps it was not her place to ask at the moment.

As his eyes met hers, it was obvious how embarrassed he was about the whole situation, “Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with me. I promise!” Sticking out her pinky, she hooked up his and smiled happily. “And I’m not one to break a promise.” And it was true, she never did. Even when it came to promising her parents that she would stay kept up in their home most days, if they made her promise… she kept it. Lying wasn’t something she could do easily, but at least she had the confidence in herself to say she was trustworthy. It’s one of the many traits she holds highly.

It was for certain that in no way was Gavyn a “bad girl” or even the slightest of a trouble maker. But maybe she could be? She stood up to that woman in the club, even if it was unsuccessful… it was still something she wouldn’t normally do. But Nick, he was the epitome of everything risky… it was exciting being around him. May it be the trouble and entertainment that might ensue, or just listening to his unpredictable train of thought.

Lost in thought, staring up at him with their pinkies still crossed he pulled her into his chest. Her head fell forward against his neck and she could feel the warmth of his heart. It was safe to say from that moment onward, she would never be able to look at Nick as some “dark prince”. No matter what, the same heart will be beating inside him… always constant, and never changing. The sudden reminder that he almost had his life ripped away from him.

Pouting out her lips slightly, her face got red. Not because she was embarrassed by the embrace, which would normally send her into a tantrum of nervous outbursts, but the thought of him not living past that day, not being here, not being in the lives of each hero was bringing about a glossed over shine to her eyes. If it wasn’t for his final compliment aimed down at her she would have choked up right there, instead it made her choke out a laugh through a tightened throat. It amused her even more to see him avoid eye contact after he said it. She wasn’t quite sure what to say, not readily used to compliments coming from anyone but her grandmother. In this moment she reached her free hand up, and grazed his temple near his pierced brow, lifting up the jagged raven locks that laid over his forehead to gaze upon the metal. Curiosity loomed over her head as she peered up, wondering what it was like to have a piercing. It was obvious his meant a lot more than any other ordinary ring gracing his skin but it fit him well. Had she known in this moment, that her silence was resounding, she might have summoned up a compliment to direct back at him instead of marveling the piece of magic hooked in his skin. Instead, the two just stood in silence as Gavyn ignored the rippling wave of goosebumps running up her arms at the sudden drop in temperature.

27. Characters in this post:
    "And it's a pleasure to meet you as well Ms. Raine! And thank you for the drink." Adam grabbed the glass and took a sip of the liquor, "That is a fine glass of liquor." Adam was enjoying himself, it had been awhile since he was able to truly relax and on top of relaxing he was with a pretty women.

Today is a good day! And this women is gorgeous. I can't let myself get to distracted though...I still need to find out if there is resistance here in New Verga against the la'Ronk...that can wait a few minutes while I enjoy my time with this beautiful women.

"Your attire is fine, I should apologize to you I'm wearing dirt covered pants, an old shirt, and a worn jacket with dented metal plates. How're liking it in New Verga? Different from Alshmere I assume? And this bar does seem very nice, I'm new to New Verga so I haven't heard much about the city"

28. Characters in this post:
    "Well, I hate to be the 'crazy' person, but I moved her because I heard that there was a chance one of the heroes was born in this city. I'm a bit interested in their story. I mean, I think it's a bit foolish to oppose the la'Ronk, but I would like to know why the title themselves 'heroes.' Have they done anything to earn such a name? I think not. Again, I'm not trying to say anything back about them... I just find it hard to... have faith in them. Are they not plotting to attack the la'Ronk, who, because of this news, are now on the defense? There seems to be a lot of violence on this so-called road to peace."

Her eyes watched his, hoping to determine which side he aligned himself with. When a flicker of preference didn't surface, she frowned. Maybe her words were too much. Laughing, Lauren just shrugged her shoulders before downing the glass.

"Sorry, it's just been on my chest for far too long. But, as I was saying, I came here to learn about the heroes. I heard that they will be arriving and that they are looking for something. A book? But I no nothing about a book and heroes. Maybe it's just a lie. Have you heard anything? Wandering here, you had to here whispers on the streets. Is it true? I heard that the men are handsome beyond believe. It is a crying shame that they might be slain."

Hiccuping, Lauren frowned at her ill-luck. She was already approaching her drunk level and she hadn't learned a thing about this handsome man. Well, aside from the fact that he was, indeed, handsome. Flirting her eyes some, she leaned in and blew a kiss his way before carelessly spilling her mug onto the floor. As it shattered, she jumped forward into his lap.

"Oopsie. I'm such a drunken fool."

29. Characters in this post:
    Had his heart not already belonged to Rynn, Nicholas might have made a move on Gavyn, aside from the fact that he refused to corrupt her. Like Kris, he didn't like the idea of contaminating such a pure mind. Still recalling the day that he lost his innocent youth, he just couldn't fight the fear of causing such a horrible image for someone as sweet and pure as Gavyn. There was a reason behind his not wanting her to see his body. He would have hated for her to lust after him. Although he wasn't sure it would be possible, he didn't dare press such a subject. Rynn was the right move, he knew that.

The sad look on her face caught his attention and had him wondering what might have put a frown on her friendly face. Poking at the sides of her lips, he pulled the corners up, forcing a smile onto her face. Chuckling, he winked before pulling her in close, yet again.

"Gavyn. I hate to friend-list you, but... I wish I had a sister like you. My sister... Jenni... I never got to know her. She fled this life before I could even hear her talk. I think... had she lived, she would have been a lot like you. So, if you're all right with this idea, which will sound crazy, would you... mind... being my... unbiological sister? I've always wanted a sister. Someone to protect. To love. To be there for. Someone to give my life a meaning. A purpose. Rynn doesn't need me to save her. She's strong on her own. Not that you're not strong. But I... I foresee you needing a brother from time to time. And, no offense, but I think Adam has the hots for you. And Cole. I don't trust him just yet."

There he was, rambling off again. But, was it really that much of a ramble. Everything came from the heart. There was nothing that would ever suggest otherwise. He was being sincere, passionate, and even a bit adorable. Nick could actually prove that he had love in his life and that he had taken into consideration Gavyn's feelings. He was, by far, no fool, but he was lead by foolish impulses. If only he were more rash and less stubborn, he might actually prove to be a better man. Although, it didn't really matter, as Rynn kept him in check.

Smiling down at Gavyn, he picked the woman up and sat her on his shoulders. A laugh pursed his lips as he carried her through the thickening crowd. With her hands ruffled in his hair, she could easy steer him toward a favorable direction. Getting out of this area seemed to be wise, but, with the sea of people before him, Nick, even with his height, wasn't able to spot an exit.

"Earth to Gavyn, can you find a place to pull off and get some refreshments? It's getting hot and I can already smell the sweaty taste of the people around us."

30. Characters in this post:
    Her hand fell from his face when he placed his fingers on hers, forcing a silly smile as he curved her lips upward. Just the action alone made the forced smile turn into a real one as she couldn’t help herself from laughing. He’s going to be just fine. She thought to herself, as he shot a playful wink at her and brought her in close again. Maybe he could tell she was worried, even though she tried not to wear her emotions on her sleeve.

Holding her head up, she stared down at his neck as he spoke. His story made her heart ache, tales like that were always hard to hear… which made her realize it must have been hard to say. It was nice to know he trusted her enough to tell her, but it was just another puzzle piece to his complicated and dark past that she was placing together in her mind. When he posed that question to her, she stood against him in silence for a moment. After taking a breath she quickly wrapped her arms around him and smiled widely. There was no way her words could describe how grateful she was at the gesture, so possibly squeezing with as much might as she could muster would be enough.

Stepping back, moving her arms to his shoulders she cheerfully smiled up at him through strands of wavy brown hair. “I would love nothing more, Nick! I will do my best to be a good sister to you!” Being an only child herself, it was a blessing to have someone she could refer to as “brother” , even if it was illegitimate. She thought he had finished speaking, but quickly added at the end mentions of Adam being attracted to her, triggering her to hide her face with a gasp so Nick couldn’t see the heat that had risen to her cheeks, the squeaking gasp sound she made was reminiscent to the sounds of a mouse. Nervous laughter erupted from her as she tried to mask her thoughts with rational explanation, “Don’t be silly, with real women like Rynn and Jenna around… I don’t exactly catch any eyes.” If Nick found out that Gavyn was even musing with the idea of being with Adam, he was sure to do something about it. But she couldn’t help but be easily smitten by him, from the moment he approached her when she first came into the group it was obvious Adam had a genuine kindness in his heart, even when he burst out in anger toward Nick, he was remorseful. And those beautiful gold eyes of his didn’t seem to help her case either…

With any form of love an admiration came envy, not hateful envy but a feeling of desire to be like the other girls in the group was apparent. Currently she was trying to work on her attitude alone, but if she had a body like either of them, it would be nice. Her style of dress was plain and not provocative in any sense, considering she mainly wore prairie like dresses, and her hair wasn’t cut or styled in any particular fashion. Living in a home where she was kept inside most of her days, she had no intention of impressing and only saw other styles of dress within foreign scandalous magazines her grandmother would sneak into the home to try and broaden the girls horizons.

Before she knew it, Nick had picked her up by her sides and placed her on his shoulders. “Ah! Hey! This is really high! Hold on a second!” She wabbled back and forth a bit before she finally got her balance, resting her hands in his hair as an insurance policy so he wouldn’t go too fast. She couldn’t help but giggle, but then the giggle turned into a loud laughter that drew even more attention to the two heroes. “Okay, Okay! Uhm…” Looking around she scanned the area, “We can’t goof off too much! Why don’t we try eating over there!” She pointed across the street on their left to a bar and grill type place. She figured they may be able to kill two birds with one stone by picking a place where shady characters may hang out as well. If they were lucky their ears could pick up some valuable information.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 61 to 90 of 121