Julia stood behind the lectern on the podium like a teacher about to start the day's lesson. Except, for these children of Legacy, it would be their last lesson and an end to eight gruelling years of training. As she looked at them all, Julia realized that she could not think of these young people as students any more. She had brought most of them into the fold herself when they were kids, but after today, they would be scattered across the world to assume the roles that they had been trained for, to become the Archer of whatever place they may go to. Each and every one of them a terror of terrors, justice incarnate. The disciples of Legacy would be lethal, invisible and - more importantly - bound by the iron code they had been taught... but how many of them would still be alive in ten years, five years time? It was best not to think about.

"Everyone, listen up and listen good," Julia said as she looked around the room. "This is your final lesson. After today, you will go out in the real world and do what you have been trained to do. Each of you will have your own identities."

Julia indicated the desks behind her, covered with passports, birth certificates and a plethora of other forged documents.

"And your own places to go to, but before that, a final message from Archer."

She took a voice recorder out of her pocket and set it on top of the lectern. Julia had no doubts that the children always knew that their secretive mentor was dying. Though he never even showed his face in the videos, it was clear enough from his rasping voice. It was with a great sense of finality that Julia played the recording of Archer's last message to his students, whom he had never met nor seen.

"My Legacy, by the time you hear this message, I will be dead. There is no more you can learn from me that you haven't already learnt by now, or will learn in time, so I will leave a simple reminder. Seek evil, punish evil, remember the code and remain always in the shadows. Never forget."

And that was that. Though Julia knew that it was simply in Archer's nature to be brief and straightforward, she still felt somewhat... disappointed. Mentally shaking her head, she took the voice recorder and pocketed it again. It was his final words to the children and that's all that mattered.

"And that's it," Julia said, lifting her hands in an open gesture. "Your training is over. Come up here and get your things, then take your seats again. I'll be showing you one of the kind of people that you've been training all these years to fight against."