Login to your account

Castaway

Will you survive. If the hunger does't get you, then the wildlife will.......

Tags: cunning, shipwrecked, survival

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Mazzy15

Created: 12-16-2012, 07:13 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: Castaway

1. Characters in this post:
    Chocking for air Elina woke up. Her skin burned, sand irritated her eyes and water floated over her. It was extremely hot but the water was cold as ice. With lots of efforts she climbed further in the sand. The warmth of the sun made her dizzy and slowly she closed her eyes again. Her head hurt and she couldn't even feel her legs. With al her energy she turned herself on her back so she could breath more easily. Air floated down her nose and it gave her hope. In the distance she saw how the airplane sunk to the bottom of the sea not far away of the coast. Her memory came slowly back and she remembered how the back of the plane stood in fire. Flashes of flames, the crash, water floating inside,… it scared her. She felt her head and noticed there was a giant wound on her forehead. Blood dripped on the hot sand and gave it a red color.

2. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin lay on her piece of wood with her eyes closed. Her throat was dry and she needed water. She could see the sun through her eyelids. She sighed. Her skin was burnt from a day in the sun. She thought back to the boat and her family, her little brother. She was about to give up hope.

3. Characters in this post:
    Dave inhaled deeply,he had a hard time remembering what happened. He opened his eyes slowly and tried to get up, the sand burned on his skin. He got up on his kneed, water floated and pushed him further on land. 'Where am i?' he whispered to the wind that was playing whit his hair. He stood up and felt his head. Something hit his head during the crash. He couldn't remember anything before the crash, only his name and his job. He looked over the beach. pieces of wood, luggage and other things you could find on an airplane were spread over the island. In the distance he saw a girl laying near the water side. With al the energy he still had inside his body he tried to walk over to her. 'Are you alright?' he asked while he dropped himself next to her. With all her energy Elina responded. 'It could be worse i guess…', she smiled sadly and tried to get up with help from the guy. She touched her head and tried to wipe out the blood. 'I'm Alina', she said after a long time of silence. 'Dave'…

4. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin rolled over and put her face in the water. Her leg was burning. She sat up and looked at it. "Damn pirates!" She yelled.

5. Characters in this post:
    Tears felt from Elina's eyes and dripped down in the sand. 'What should we do?' she asked Dave who was still sitting next to her watching how their airplane sunk deeper and deeper into the the bottom of the ocean. 'I guess we'd probably find something to stop the bleeding', Dave wiped the blood from of her head. 'Is it bad?', she asked him. 'No… it's not such a deep wound…', Dave stood up and walked down the waterside to look for floated things. Elina didn't ask questions and just waited for him to come back. After a few minutes waiting Dave came back with a bag full with clothes that he found near some pieces of metal that came from the airplane. 'This should stop the bleeding', he said while he ripped some of the clothes into pieces to dip them on the wound. Most of the clothes where dry because of the warm sun that probably dried them very quickly. Dave dipped with a piece of a white shirt on the wound, it burned on her skin. 'Just hold it there', Dave said. 'Okay…' was the only thing she could answer.

6. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin began to lose hope of a rescue of any kind when she saw a shark fin. She pulled her legs out of the water and huddled. It came closer until it popped its head out of the water. "Oh. Dolphin." She put her hand out and the dolphin gave a shrill cry. Yasmin smiled. She stood up and jumped at the dolphin, grabbing hold of its dorsal fin. "Take me anywhere but here."

7. Characters in this post:
    Jack rubbed his head groaning. "So close. I was so close to leaving the country. Now I'm stuck here." He complained then shrugged it could be worse...there could be cops. He realized he needed water, and food and shelter, because he wasn't planning on getting rescued any time soon."

8. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin opened her eyes. She was on a beach. 'Thank you dolphin.' She thought. She dragged herself up the beach and just made it under a tree. She sighed. 'OMG SHADE!" She yelled. The shade gave immediate relief. Her skin was blistered from the sun. She saw a coconut and grabbed it. She thrashed it against a rock, and after a while got too tired.

9. Characters in this post:
    Jack sighed and made a cup with leaves. ((Not sure how that works but..., oh well!)) He started looking for a clean water source.

10. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin tried to look around for anything useful.

11. Characters in this post:
    Akil pressed his palm to his throbbing forehead. His visions spun and his barely conscious mind struggled to figure out what had happened before he snapped open his eyes to the blinding sunlight just moments earlier. Akil could feel the rough sand under his leather jacket - it was a no brainer for him even in that state to realize that the ground he was lying on was covered with sand as he grew up with the very same environment as his playground - and pushed his elbow to bring himself into a sitting position.

Where...?

Mental snapshots of the airplane crash flashed in his mind and Akil closed his eyes to shut out the dizzying images. Sitting idly in that position, he waited for his full consciousness to return. His lips moved insistently pronouncing careful inaudible words as he felt himself calming down from his initial shock.

"Right," he finally muttered to himself. Finally opening his eyes, he took in his surrounding and damp cloth and dumbly decided that, yes, he was stranded on a beach, probably, yes, probably washed up there by the sea. Again, a name quietly escaped his lips for the umpteenth time since he woke up that day before finally Akil realized that he was not alone on the otherwise empty beach.

After a short deliberation with himself, he decided to approach the petite brunette standing under a tree who was as it seems in a vain attempt to crack open a coconut by thrashing it to a rock. Putting on what he hope as a friendly, non intimidating smile, Akil spoke out to her. "Need some help?"

12. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin was startled by a sudden voice. She rolled over onto her back. "Yes please "

13. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin was startled by a sudden voice. She rolled over onto her back. "Yes please "

14. Characters in this post:
    Smiling, he bent down to reach for the coconut that had rolled to his feet. Coming from a poor Egyptian family, Akil was used to hard labour since childhood - carrying shoppers' loaded sack across the market on weekends or the occasional crate delivery for some odd pennies help build strength in his apparently slight body - so, cracking open a coconut shell came as a small task to him.

Muttering inaudibly, he cracked the fruit cleanly into two and offered half to the stranger, putting the other half on the ground untouched, in case she was still thirsty. It belonged to her, after all, and he only offered his assistance. A dryness in his throat however, called him to steal a glance at the cool water that splashed teasingly in the shell but quickly he averted his gaze and swallowed.

"So, do you have any idea what happened?" He smiled sheepishly and shrugged his shoulder. "I'm pretty sure this wasn't the destination I checked into at the airport the other day. Oh yeah, I'm Akil. What did you say your name was, again?"

And of course, two seconds later it dawned on him, that no, she never told him what her name was. Nice man, nice. Way to go with the cheesy start up line. A small blush rushing up to his face, apparent due to his fair skin, Akil turned to the sky, excusing the crimson colour as the sun's heat. He was always terrible when it came to conversing with females and, of course, his embarrassing trait just had to make it's appearance.

15. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin passed the other side of the coconut to Akil. "My name's Yasmin. And i was shipwrecked." She pointed to the now closing gash on her leg. "My leg got clipped by a peice of wood." She smiled up at him.

16. Characters in this post:
    Jack came across Akil and Yasmin. "Oh hey other peopleare living." He said surprised and hoping they don't know anything.

17. Characters in this post:
    Akil gratefully accepted Yasmin's offer and after a short mumble, he took in a gulp of the coconut juice, smiling as the cool, sweet liquid relieved him of his dryness. His lips whispered the words of short gratification before turning back towards Yasmin. "Shipwrecked? That's unfortunate. I believe it was a plane crash for me." He winced as he watched the girl's injury. "Looks bad. Maybe we should do something about that first," he suggested.

Akil stopped drinking when he realized there was another person approaching. Truthfully, he was relieved upon the other's presence. It was never a good occasion for two unmarried person of opposite gender to be together alone. In his country, they referred to it as khalwa and it was forbidden and deeply frown upon by the Arabian society. Akil would usually avoid that from happening at all cost but upon their circumstances, he had decided it was a time of darurah - an absolute necessity - for them. He couldn't very well ignore and leave the girl by herself, could he?

He noticed the leafy cup the man was holding and held up the still full coconut shell in his hand as an offering. "Care for a glass?"

18. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin watched the person. She stood up and propped herself up on the tree.

19. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin watched the person. She stood up and propped herself up on the tree.

20. Characters in this post:
    "No thanks... coconut is not what I would prefer." He half joked considering there probably wasn't aything else to drink on this island, but still not wanting any.

21. Characters in this post:
    Akil chuckled. "Suit yourself."

He leaned down and took place on the sand before finishing the drink. Ahh, definitely nothing better than fresh coconut. Setting the fruit back to the ground he glanced up to the stranger. "So, what's your story?"

22. Characters in this post:
    He chuckled. "I was in a shipwreck... did a plane crash into a ship or something?" He asked hoping he was answering the question.

23. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin looked at the horizon dreamily.

24. Characters in this post:
    "What's up?" Jack asked curiously

25. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin looked up. "Nothing." She looked into the dense forest behind the trio. "Someone grab some palm leaves or something and I'll grab some twine."

26. Characters in this post:
    "Okay." Jack saluted and got palm leaves

27. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin hopped around looking for twine.

28. Characters in this post:
    Ally woke with a start and pushed herself up. She wiped the sand off her face and squinted as her eyes adjusted to the sunlight. She looked around her at the ocean to the left and the vast jungle to her right. What happened?
    She stood up but had to sit back down almost instantly due to dizziness. She tried again and regained her balance. She sighed and adjusted the rope that was attached to her waist. Surely there was someone else on the island who could help her...

29. Characters in this post:
    "hello? Is anyone there?" Sparky called out as he pulled himself up onto the shore. He rolled over and felt something in his back pocket. He found a broken radio in his back pocket.
    'I wonder if this works?'

30. Characters in this post:
    Yasmin heard a faint voice. "Did you guys hear that?" Without waiting for a reply she got up and went as fast as she could (with an injured leg.) towards the voice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 37