Login to your account

WTF? A 2012 Halloween Event!

WTFRPG has been taken over by a mysterious outside force! Are you brave enough to explore these portals and figure out who is behind the Halloween takeover?......

Tags: event

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: WTF RPG Staff

Created: 10-26-2012, 03:52 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in Portal 1

The First Mystery Portal

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

1. Characters in this post:
    After entering into this RP, you find yourself standing in the middle of a glinting metallic hallway. Doors are lined up along either side of the corridor, boxing you in to this rather small space.

A little further down the hallway, you spy a small window. Smashing your nose right against the glass, you’re anxious to get some bearings on where you may be. But only empty space greets you! Stars glint softly in the distant view, but everything outside this window is a dark, empty, and vast void. It appears that you have been transported onto an abandoned space station.

This station is empty except for you players. No amount of exploration will unearth other life forms, so take your time looking through each of the rooms that you encounter. There are a few doors that you might be able to force your way through. Even though they mostly lead into broom closets and old bedrooms, you could find some interesting goods and resources hidden in there. Gather any items you want just in case they may come in handy later on.

It’s up to you and the other users to eventually find a way off of this flying piece of metal. So don’t hesitate to use your best sci-fi knowledge to start brainstorming ways out of this mess.

Just remember that you cannot leave the station or successfully contact other life forms until the GM gives the okay!

2. Characters in this post:
    "Space? The freaking thing sent me to Space?!"

Knerd slumped down against the wall, leaning her head into her hands. One look out of the station's small window and a wave of dizziness had overcome her. Knerd was not the kind of person who enjoyed heights. Flying in an airplane required a bit of alcohol in order for her to make it through the entire flight, sky diving was completely out of the question, and even roller coasters could only happen on a good day. But being thrown into outer space? This was pushing her fears beyond the ridiculous.

Knerd took the time to calm down a little and sprawl out on the floor. There was no one to see her right now, anyway. Maybe when another user appeared, they'd know what to do. Or they'd have an aspirin. Either option sounded pretty darn good.

3. Characters in this post:
    Eyes flew open and the girl forced herself up off of the floor in a flurry of motion. She gasped for breath and looked around frantically. Knerd, a familiar woman she recognized (though Knerd probably didn't know her), seemed to be sprawled out across the floor, a bit freaked out.

Sure's own eyes widened some, an eyebrow twitching upwards in curiosity. What's up with her? she asked herself, her inner voice slightly rude.

Without wasting anytime, she stood, her balance wobbly. Even though the girl was a ballet dancer, she had almost no balance. When she took a step forward, she nearly fell over, but she recovered without too much of a problem.

A few more steps and she made it to the small window, and space seemed to be the only response. "Oooooh!" she squealed, bouncing up and down on her toes like an excited puppy ready to play. "Stars..." Honestly, this girl was too very easily entertained and distracted. With her mind off of the worry about Knerd, Sure was just completely in awe at what she was looking at.

4. Characters in this post:
    Knerd was lost in her own thoughts when the sound of footsteps went right past her ears.

"Oh!" She sat up straight, looking to see who else had stumbled through the portal. The new girl seemed infatuated with the station's window, gazing open-mouthed as the stars streamed by. Even catching a short glimpse of the outer world was enough to make Knerd feel anxious again, though.

"Well, at least I'm not alone here now," Knerd said as she rose to her feet. "Hey! So, uh, do you have any experience with this sci-fi stuff? Because I only saw the movie Alien like once, a couple years ago, and it really isn't making me feel too hopeful."

5. Characters in this post:
    "Alien? What's that?" Sure looked over her shoulder at the big haired woman. She cocked her head to the right and shook her head. She had no idea what movie Knerd was talking about.

She, in fact, had a bit of knowledge on sci-fi, but only to the walls of Doctor Who, some Firefly, Final Fantasy and a few other things. It was not exactly a huge bit of information, but it was really just enough to get her by.

The blue haired girl turned around and pressed her back against the wall, crossing her arms. "If you're talking about blue police boxes, firefly class spaceships and big bada booms, yeah. But that's really as far as I know." Sure pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose and then wondered exactly what was going to happen.

6. Characters in this post:
    A fellow Browncoat! Heavens rejoice, maybe there is some hope left in space.

"Well," Knerd began, "Alien mostly taught about how you should never kiss an extraterrestrial, because your chest would explode soon afterward. And you should always trust a cat's intuition. But without a kitty onboard or any aliens trying to attack us, the movie doesn't provide any other valuable pointers."

Knerd glanced up and down the hallway, taking mental note of all the doors lining the station. This place was huge. Sure there must be something useful hidden in here, right?

"Still, no time like the present to start exploring, I suppose!" Pushing some false bravado into her voice, Knerd grabbed the handle on the nearest door and yanked it open.

7. Characters in this post:
    Rattles of brooms, mops and other cleaning supplies rang through the air with a super loud clatter. Sure walked pushed herself off of the wall and clapped slowly as she walked towards the mess that was created. She came to a stop next to Knerd and tried to cover up a smile and a giggle that was leaking from her throat.

"Exploring, or cleaning?"

8. Characters in this post:
    "Why not both?" Knerd giggled as she kicked aside the mops and brooms that had fallen from the closet. "You know, for a space station, all these cleaning supplies are outrageously low tech. I was at least hoping for some gadgets and doo-dads and thingamajigs."

Knerd dug through the closet a bit more, clearing out space and examining the piles of junk. Most of it was fairly standard janitor supplies: some chrome polish, rags, a couple buckets, a spare uniform. It seems that the space station cleaners even used a standard janitor cart! Knerd could hardly mask her disappointment at such a mundane discovery.

She was about to close the door when something metallic glinted in the dark. "Hang on..." Knerd reached forward to the cart once more and looked underneath its rolling wheels. "A key set!"

Strung together on a huge metal ring, Knerd pulled out hundreds of keys. It weighed nearly 5 pounds and must have been comprised of every key to every lock in the station. Score!

9. Characters in this post:
    "Oooh..." the blue haired girl stood in awe for a moment, finding the keys to be oddly interesting. To Sure, finding any kind of key was like handing a toddler bubble wrap, or having a cat chase a laser pointer- easily distractible.

Her lips curled up in a strange Cheshire cat like smile and just stared at the key ring composed of what looked like about a million keys. "Shiny..." Her eyes shimmered in a way that could be described as... well, shiny.

After a moment of the stupid looking awe, Suer got distracted by something else: a blue broom handle. She picked it up to find the other end covered in spiderwebs and dust. She dropped it in a moment and freaked out, wiping her hands on anything she could touch, like the wall, her pants, Knerd's back...

"Spiders in SPACE!" she screamed, frantically becoming a retarded ninja, waving her arms about and kicking in random directions. One could almost be sure that she was having a seizure, but that was only how it looked.

10. Characters in this post:
    The first sensation she could feel was the angry butterfly in her stomach, fluttering and jumping like a rabbit in a cage. Moaning, Hiu pulled her torso into a painful sitting position. Space...? Oh, I've always wanted to go there!
    She jumped to her feet to quickly. Dizziness took hold of her limbs, and she fell right back on her butt. Owww...
    Biting her lip, Hiu regained control of her wild limbs, and more slowly, pressed her hands to the ground to assist her legs in supporting her. Freakin dandy, I'm in a place with no up or down. Is this how they expect me to save my...
    Hiu's short attention span was caught by a girl waving her arms around in the air like an idiot. What is she doing? A rain-dance?

11. Characters in this post:
    "Spaaaaaaace spiiiideeers..." Sure shivered after tripping over a can of cleaning supplies that had rolled near her feet. She pushed herself across the room with her feet, her rear end sliding on the floor, acting as a broom or a mop, picking up the dust. Her head was tucked between her knees and her chest in a matter of moments and she then hid from everything.

"-pace spiders...." she mumbled. "I hate them..."

12. Characters in this post:
    Hiu walked unstabily to the girl holding her head between her knees. Biting her lip, she timidly poked the girl's head, "Are you okay....?" Prodding the poor girl's head softly, her eyes drifted over towards the spiderweb, where one scared little spider rested. The poor thing was probably covering its tiny little spider ears in distress.
    "You scared the spider." Hiu said reproachfully to the girl, stopping her poking, "Why would you be scared of something that's the size of your fingernail? Could you imagine a giant being towering over you like a skyscraper screaming like a pansy?"

13. Characters in this post:
    "It's a SPIDER! IN SPAAAAACE." Sure whined, her voice quiet, but three pitches higher than usual. The finger that was jabbing at her head stopped and she peeked up over her knees, only her forehead and eyes visible.

"Did you just call me a pansy...?" she asked, seeming to shrink some. The shrinking came to a stop and then she lifted her head and sat back, an expression of a confused anger on her face. "Why would you compare me to an idiot? I was merely reacting as anyone else with a fear of MUTANT SPIDERS." She clicked her tongue before looking up directly at Hiu, with a look that was bordering on disgust.

14. Characters in this post:
    Hiu looked at the girl complacently, and bit the inside of her cheek. Pushing hair into her face, she said, "I've never met anyone with a fear of mutant spiders or spiders in space..." She grabbed a metal-handed broom and turned abruptly and looked around the room. The doors were begging to be opened...
    Hiu raised her hand and counted in the air. One, two, three... The doors were pale and uninviting. The prize of satiated curiosity lies on the other side. With such infinite entertainment, the doors should be opened slowly, much in the same way you savor a piece of chocolate. Five, six, seven. On the number seven, she stopped to look at the unremarkable door. She walked towards it, the heels of her cheap vans thumping on the floor in a steady beat.

15. Characters in this post:
    Knerd looked up from the keys and pulled herself out of a reverie. Oh hey, new person on board! Having another companion from WTF made her feel more safe and adventurous.

"So what do you think's behind that door?" Knerd asked, walking up beside the new girl. "If it's locked, then I can take care of it!" She jingled the key ring and hoisted it to eye level.

"We just have to make sure that it isn't anything dangerous, like a contamination storage or loading dock or something. I don't know what's around here and I certainly don't want to get sucked into space."

16. Characters in this post:
    Sure stood and dusted off her rear walking over to the door Knerd and Hiu were standing at. The blue haired girl grinned a Cheshire smile and shrugged. "I think we should still go through it. If it were somewhere dangerous, it would have a warning, right?" she asked, her eyes lit up in a way that always seemed dangerous itself.

Sure was a curious creature at times. Be it for good, or be it for bad. She sometimes forgets that the saying, "curiosity killed the cat" can be applied to her at times. With herself as the cat.

"I think there's might be another corridor. More rooms to explore."

Posts 1 to 16 of 16