Login to your account

WTF? A 2012 Halloween Event!

WTFRPG has been taken over by a mysterious outside force! Are you brave enough to explore these portals and figure out who is behind the Halloween takeover?......

Tags: event

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: WTF RPG Staff

Created: 10-26-2012, 03:52 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 65

1. Characters in this post:
    After entering into this RP, you find yourself standing in the middle of a glinting metallic hallway. Doors are lined up along either side of the corridor, boxing you in to this rather small space.

A little further down the hallway, you spy a small window. Smashing your nose right against the glass, you’re anxious to get some bearings on where you may be. But only empty space greets you! Stars glint softly in the distant view, but everything outside this window is a dark, empty, and vast void. It appears that you have been transported onto an abandoned space station.

This station is empty except for you players. No amount of exploration will unearth other life forms, so take your time looking through each of the rooms that you encounter. There are a few doors that you might be able to force your way through. Even though they mostly lead into broom closets and old bedrooms, you could find some interesting goods and resources hidden in there. Gather any items you want just in case they may come in handy later on.

It’s up to you and the other users to eventually find a way off of this flying piece of metal. So don’t hesitate to use your best sci-fi knowledge to start brainstorming ways out of this mess.

Just remember that you cannot leave the station or successfully contact other life forms until the GM gives the okay!

2. Characters in this post:
    Jumping into this portal is like landing in a hyper-active toddler’s dreams! Candy stretches far and wide, covering everything you can see. You’ve found yourself in the middle of a forest made out entirely out of candy canes, lollipops, gumdrops, and so many other candies that you can’t even name. One or two quick bites out of nearby trees confirms that everything you encounter is made up sweet, sweet sugar. Mmm, you can practically taste the inevitable diabetic coma.

Thankfully, only you and the other RPers seem to exist in the forest right now. You don’t have to worry about running into other life forms. So take this time to explore the forest, gather up as much food and items as you can find, and start hiking through the trees.

You and your fellow users will have to band together in order to eventually discover a way out of this forest! (If you even want to leave, that is. This place is awfully nice.)

Just remember that you cannot leave the forest until the GM gives the okay.

3. Characters in this post:
    Users find themselves standing in the wreckage of a destroyed city. All the signs of chaos are around them - toppled cars, abandoned buildings, animals wandering freely through the street. It does not look like any other people are currently surviving here. Instead, quarantine signs appear on many doorways.

There are no zombies around, but you may loot the buildings and storefronts in order to find weapons, food, medical supplies, and any news sources (magazines, newspapers, photos) that have been left behind.

This world is dark, cold and seemingly barren. Do you have the skills and sense to survive?

4. Characters in this post:
    A portal shoots open amongst a dirty, poorly lit road. Within seconds a body is spit out onto the ground, under a flickering street lamp. "Oof!" Her knees come crashing down against the damp concrete, hands reaching out to stop herself from smashing her face into the ground as well.

I feel sick. Grabbing her stomach, it was more than evident that being shot through that portal messed with her insides more than a night of burritos and nachos. After a few moments of trying to shake it off, the dark haired female known as Schiz got to her feet and brushed herself off.

It was quiet, too quiet. "Hello?" She called out optimistically down the long barren street. At least their seemed to be no trouble yet, but she knew that wouldn't last long... not if she were to go through this alone.

5. Characters in this post:
    Tripping over a giant candy cane was not fun, Artsy discovered as she wandered about aimlessly around the candy forest. The candy was great, though she wondered if it was the hygienic thing to do as she ate some. All was candy here... heck, the clouds looked like cotton candy!

'It's a bit too sunny, though... reminds me of Hansel and Gretel and Charlie and the Chocolate factory all at once so I feel a bit wary...' was a part of her thoughts as she nibbled on some red licorice and made her way up the sugar path leading who knew where. 'It's awfully quiet, too... hm...'

6. Characters in this post:
    Syrasya loved icecream. Anyone who knows her knew that whenever the mere mention of the word is made, her eyes would lit up a thousand Watts and all other thoughts would escape her mind as the object became her sole goal.

She plucked a purple leaf curiously and hesitantly stuck out her tongue to touch the tip of the plant, her mother's words that colored plants are never a good sign drifting fleetingly in her mind. "Grape," she noted with mild surprise at the taste. Shrugging, she pulled out the whole branch and stuffed it into her ever present bag which had already been filled with chewing stones and mint sugar grass. Her tumbler had also been recently filled with vanilla shake.

"But no ice cream," she mumbled to herself grumpily as she kicked the chocolate powdered ground. "It's gotta be here somewhere," she nodded resolutely. "Here I go!"

And with that, she continued her quest for ice cream, her initial purpose to enter the portal - saving her beloved RP site from the unknown force - fast fading from her mind.

7. Characters in this post:
    "Space? The freaking thing sent me to Space?!"

Knerd slumped down against the wall, leaning her head into her hands. One look out of the station's small window and a wave of dizziness had overcome her. Knerd was not the kind of person who enjoyed heights. Flying in an airplane required a bit of alcohol in order for her to make it through the entire flight, sky diving was completely out of the question, and even roller coasters could only happen on a good day. But being thrown into outer space? This was pushing her fears beyond the ridiculous.

Knerd took the time to calm down a little and sprawl out on the floor. There was no one to see her right now, anyway. Maybe when another user appeared, they'd know what to do. Or they'd have an aspirin. Either option sounded pretty darn good.

8. Characters in this post:
    Hopping onto a nearby destroyed car, Veto scanned down the rest of the street for anything that would catch his eye. With a disappointed sigh, he hopped off of the car. Who would have thought a night of anime and a heavy sleep would make me end up in this place... He put his hand on his head, still dizzy from the portal's effects. However, I've played enough video games to know what I have to do.

He continued to make his way down the street, checking any car that looked like something could be in it, but nothing. Just when he thought his 'spawn' was a bad one, he heard someone call out from down the street. "Hello?"

That's.. another person? His hopes of figuring out where he was returned to him, maybe it wasn't so bad after all. He picked up the pace in following the voice that was calling out through the street.

9. Characters in this post:
    Eyes flew open and the girl forced herself up off of the floor in a flurry of motion. She gasped for breath and looked around frantically. Knerd, a familiar woman she recognized (though Knerd probably didn't know her), seemed to be sprawled out across the floor, a bit freaked out.

Sure's own eyes widened some, an eyebrow twitching upwards in curiosity. What's up with her? she asked herself, her inner voice slightly rude.

Without wasting anytime, she stood, her balance wobbly. Even though the girl was a ballet dancer, she had almost no balance. When she took a step forward, she nearly fell over, but she recovered without too much of a problem.

A few more steps and she made it to the small window, and space seemed to be the only response. "Oooooh!" she squealed, bouncing up and down on her toes like an excited puppy ready to play. "Stars..." Honestly, this girl was too very easily entertained and distracted. With her mind off of the worry about Knerd, Sure was just completely in awe at what she was looking at.

10. Characters in this post:
    Knerd was lost in her own thoughts when the sound of footsteps went right past her ears.

"Oh!" She sat up straight, looking to see who else had stumbled through the portal. The new girl seemed infatuated with the station's window, gazing open-mouthed as the stars streamed by. Even catching a short glimpse of the outer world was enough to make Knerd feel anxious again, though.

"Well, at least I'm not alone here now," Knerd said as she rose to her feet. "Hey! So, uh, do you have any experience with this sci-fi stuff? Because I only saw the movie Alien like once, a couple years ago, and it really isn't making me feel too hopeful."

11. Characters in this post:
    "Alien? What's that?" Sure looked over her shoulder at the big haired woman. She cocked her head to the right and shook her head. She had no idea what movie Knerd was talking about.

She, in fact, had a bit of knowledge on sci-fi, but only to the walls of Doctor Who, some Firefly, Final Fantasy and a few other things. It was not exactly a huge bit of information, but it was really just enough to get her by.

The blue haired girl turned around and pressed her back against the wall, crossing her arms. "If you're talking about blue police boxes, firefly class spaceships and big bada booms, yeah. But that's really as far as I know." Sure pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose and then wondered exactly what was going to happen.

12. Characters in this post:
    Her voice rang out in what she thought was an empty street, but soon enough she saw a shadow moving in the distance. In a matter of seconds she realized that calling out into that intimidating darkness might have been a bad idea. What if she had just made her presence known to the evils of this world? Would doom soon follow?

In a panic, her eyes frantically searched around her, looking up and down for something she could possibly defend herself with. It was then she saw an old wooden baseball bat leaning up against a dumpster. "Good enough." Quickly, she reached for the dirty, splintered bat and held it in position - her eyes kept focused on the incoming form.

Her chest raised and fell, Schiz's breaths now shallow and scared - pale fingers wrapped tightly around the end of the bat, ready to swing at any time.

13. Characters in this post:
    Veto was nearing what he thought was the area the voice came from. Odd, this is where it came from. That portal is giving me vi- His thoughts were cut off when he was hit in the face with the bat. The blunt weapon put him on his back, barely conscious. He slowly put a hand over his face. He had to have gotten a broken nose. It felt like he had tried to make out with the bumper of a moving semi-truck. Oh god, it hurts..

14. Characters in this post:
    Whack!

Schiz's arms seemed to move without her control, the awful cracking sound of wood hitting skull made her eyes widen immediately after the act. It was after she had already swung that the words he had said seconds before proved that he wasn't a threat, but someone else arriving via the mysterious portal.

"Oh, crap! I am so sorry!" Dropping the bat she leaned down and looked at his bloodied nose. "Ah man... are you okay? Eh... how many fingers am I holding up?" Waving her hand in front of his face, she held out three fingers, peering into his eyes. "I might have given you a concussion or something..." Looking him over she was actually pretty relieved, considering the fact he wasn't unconscious.

15. Characters in this post:
    It had taken him a moment to respond. Taking his mind off of the pain was pretty tough. "Six.." He muttered under his hand. A pretty good start to whatever situation he found himself in. He regained his senses and sat up, still holding his nose. He caught sight of the bat that hit him, and it only made the pain worse. He tried to not think about the incident. "You're lost too, aren't you?" He asked her.

16. Characters in this post:
    A fellow Browncoat! Heavens rejoice, maybe there is some hope left in space.

"Well," Knerd began, "Alien mostly taught about how you should never kiss an extraterrestrial, because your chest would explode soon afterward. And you should always trust a cat's intuition. But without a kitty onboard or any aliens trying to attack us, the movie doesn't provide any other valuable pointers."

Knerd glanced up and down the hallway, taking mental note of all the doors lining the station. This place was huge. Sure there must be something useful hidden in here, right?

"Still, no time like the present to start exploring, I suppose!" Pushing some false bravado into her voice, Knerd grabbed the handle on the nearest door and yanked it open.

17. Characters in this post:
    "Good enough" Reaching her hand out she pulled him to his feet and held him steady a moment. "Yeah, I came from the portal. I'm Schiz." Reaching to her wrist, she untied the black bandanna that was wrapped around it and held it out to him. "Hold this over your nose for now... or at least... use it to get the blood off." Looking around she sighed, scratching her head. "Have you seen anybody else?"

18. Characters in this post:
    Veto nodded in appreciation, and used the bandanna to clean the blood off. He had known from video games on how to stop the bleeding, though it didn't help in the case of a broken nose. "You can call me Veto." He muttered. Her question had only echoed what he wanted to ask. "Not really, i've been in this place for a while now and haven't found a single soul." He explained. The bleeding had not stopped, but was slowed down by what knowledge Veto had on treating wounds. "This place... Where are we exactly?" He asked, while looking around his surroundings.

19. Characters in this post:
    Rattles of brooms, mops and other cleaning supplies rang through the air with a super loud clatter. Sure walked pushed herself off of the wall and clapped slowly as she walked towards the mess that was created. She came to a stop next to Knerd and tried to cover up a smile and a giggle that was leaking from her throat.

"Exploring, or cleaning?"

20. Characters in this post:
    "This is disgusting."

A bespectacled brunette announced as she surveyed the scene around her--all sugar, all sweet. "Disgusting."

You see, the thing about Jing is that she hates sweets. She has no love for chocolate goodness or sweet caramel. She likes her coffee bitter, her food spicy, and her soups decidedly salty. She's a salt-girl all the way and this sugary scene was just not sitting well with her.

Picking her way around a few over-sized gumdrops, Jing looked heavenward--more cotton candy fluff. Great. Just great.

"Well, I guess this is how you save an RP site." With a skip and a hop, Jing rushed ahead, putting on a brave smile that lasted for precisely two-point-six seconds. "Fuck it, this ain't how heroes gotta be."

Dropping the skip and the hop and the smile and everything sweet, Jing dragged her feet along. She didn't want to do this. She just wanted to go home, sleep, eat good food, and, possibly, get a nice massage. Damn, she wanted a massage.

21. Characters in this post:
    Nodding, she thought back to the site. "I'm not sure... it's a city that's for sure, but not one I recognize." The police cars didn't give any clues either, making the world seem even more artificial. "Weird isn't it?" The dark haired female mused, slipping inside the car and digging around. "One minute we're safely behind a computer screen, and now we're stuck in some kind of... weird post apocalyptic world or something."

Suddenly she perked up when she found a handgun on the floor of the passenger side seat. "Oh, hey - look!" Holding it up she looked at Veto. "I've never shot a gun before."

22. Characters in this post:
    Looking at the gun, it had to be the standard glock .45 that regular cops carry. It looked like it, anyway. He could tell because he saw it in just about every game he played. "I don't know if we'll need weapons where we are." Veto said. "But, if portals exist in this world, who knows what exists now and what doesn't?" His own statement make him uneasy about the place. This city had to have flourished with life, so what caused their extinction?

"Keep the gun, I have one already. We should keep heading down the street and see what clues we can find." He suggested to her.

23. Characters in this post:
    TrySton looked at the giant candy cane in front of her. She tilted her head then stepped closer running her hand over the candy.

She blinked.

Then looked around her it was filled with candy.

"Did I die and go to heaven or something" She said absentmindedly. TrySton reached with her hand to pluck some cotton candy off the the ground. Looking at it cautiously she then let it melt in her mouth. After swallowing she smiled and laughed

"This is amazing!"

24. Characters in this post:
    "Why not both?" Knerd giggled as she kicked aside the mops and brooms that had fallen from the closet. "You know, for a space station, all these cleaning supplies are outrageously low tech. I was at least hoping for some gadgets and doo-dads and thingamajigs."

Knerd dug through the closet a bit more, clearing out space and examining the piles of junk. Most of it was fairly standard janitor supplies: some chrome polish, rags, a couple buckets, a spare uniform. It seems that the space station cleaners even used a standard janitor cart! Knerd could hardly mask her disappointment at such a mundane discovery.

She was about to close the door when something metallic glinted in the dark. "Hang on..." Knerd reached forward to the cart once more and looked underneath its rolling wheels. "A key set!"

Strung together on a huge metal ring, Knerd pulled out hundreds of keys. It weighed nearly 5 pounds and must have been comprised of every key to every lock in the station. Score!

25. Characters in this post:
    "Are you kiddin' me?" She snapped back, laughing a little. "How safe do you feel in a foreign realm? I sure as hell want to be prepared for anything." Schiz really didn't know what to expect, and the fear of something she didn't understand was beginning to make her paranoid.

Lucky enough for her, Veto seemed pretty confident in his own regard. They began to wander down the street, Schiz still unsure of what to do with the gun. "I don't even know what a safety looks like, so I uh... gah, things are just easier in video games."

It was then that they came to a shattered store front, with words spray painted on the piece of window pane that wasn't broken.

THE DEAD SHALL RISE.

"Oh no, don't even tell me... this is..." A shiver was sent down her spine as the sudden realization hit her like a ton of bricks.

26. Characters in this post:
    Seeing the writing on the glass gave Veto a rush. "Zombies, huh? Not too bad." He said in a cheerful voice. That is, until you're eaten. He disregarded the thought and turned to Schiz. "Hey, don't worry. Zombies are slow and stupid, plus, We haven't come across a single corpse, so there's no saying that they are still here." He tried to reassure her.

27. Characters in this post:
    Her eyes and ears were more alert now - well, as alert as they could be. Naturally, she only had two keep senses, hearing a smell. Smell being a not so useful one, but hearing coming in handy many times. Thinking back on it, when she was little she heard the term "nark" a lot from her older brother and mother because she could hear them talking on the other side of the house.

"Alright, well let's uh... look at this logically." The way she spoke, it almost sounded like she was pretending to calm Veto down, when truthfully - she was just trying to calm herself down. "We need to gather some things... just in case." Pulling herself into the shattered window of the shop, she hopped inside, her boots crushing broken glass beneath her. "The essentials. We already have two guns, a baseball bat and uhh..." Schiz shuffled her hands in her pockets. "House keys. Okay, we don't need those." Stuffing her hand back into her coat pocket she hid her keys away. How upsetting would it be to loose the keys to your house in another realm. Well, that was if she would ever make it back home.

28. Characters in this post:
    After Schiz went through the window, Veto followed. He could feel the panic in the air coming from her. "I've got a sword, too, but that's pretty much it..." He stated. Weapons were one thing, but he worried about survivablity. He looked around the shop for any kind of edible items laying around. All the while worrying about her mental state. I would like to cheer her up, but, I have no good proof that zombies aren't here.. He felt sorry for her, and in a way, was frightened too. That was the last thing he wanted to show her, though.

29. Characters in this post:
    For the past few minutes, Jing had spent her time walking through the diabetic nightmare—pausing every few seconds to grumble about her unfortunate predicament.

"Honestly, what am I even going to do if I find the baddie? Kick him in the balls? Yeah right, he'd probably shoot me dead before I got close enough to even touch him, shit." Kicking at the cookie-tiled floors, the brunette looked up again, her eyes squinting as something moved in the distance.

Another brave adventurer? Or the asshole who left her here?

Grabbing a nearby candy cane (and then forcibly breaking it from its root), Jing slowly approached the stranger. The shiv-like candy cane, with its familiar red and white stripes, was pointed menacingly at the new kid, who looked as every stereotypical anime adventurer looks: large eyes, long hair, and innocence dripping off their very skin.

With the sharpened weapon still aimed directly at the brunette, Jing, rather loudly, said, "Your name or you'll die."

Jing had seen enough movies and shows to know that it was always the soft-hearted, easily-led characters that died early in the game. And, because she didn't want to die in this hellish cavity-world, she was determined to be anything, but sugar and spice and everything nice.

That and, in general, Jing just wasn't very nice.

30. Characters in this post:
    TrySton rose an eyebrow and tilted to head slightly. She did not move from her spot; all she did was stare. 'only a dumb person would walk close to someone with a weapon..' she frowned.

"TrySton,and you are?"
    She said slowly and cautiously.She almost cursed at herself for not bringing a weapon for herself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 65