Login to your account

Hiding in the darkness

The Order of the Centered Mind has stood for years as a beacon of hope for some and an outlet of anger and frustration for others. What could be called as an exclusive club of scholars and warriors the members of the order are trained for years. However, unbeknownst to the public, the newest head of the order is engaging in the day to day affairs of the world more and more directly. External strife and suffering raises the question, is this their problem or is their only concern the betterment of their secret society. Internal turmoi......

Tags: adventure, creatures, dark, fantasy, magic, monster hunting, monsters, political

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Closed

Creator: scarlightning

Created: 09-15-2012, 07:36 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
  1. Characters in this post:
    Krin looked at Jin unsure, but since he trusted him, he tried them.
    "Wow. They are good." he said in amazement. He looked at Jn and smiled. Then, he continued to eat his food.
    "I was trying to figure something out. . . Jin, what would you consider something bad? I do have a reason as to why I am here, but is it right? Is it because of who I am that makes me bad or is it my reasons?" he said seriously, loosing all traces of emotion.

2. Characters in this post:
    "Konchow, snowberries and an ice donno," Jin said as he took a bite of his own fruit. "Various fruits and vegetables native to these mountains. They're good try them."

Jin wondered about Krin. Sometimes he was hard to read and Jin was unsure about his motives. He didn't seem like he had lied about anything since he got here and he seemed to be willing to learn but was it for the right reasons.

3. Characters in this post:
    "What's this?" Krin asked as he turned the plate in his hands. He tried to figure out the shapes of each item but couldn't quite get them right.

4. Characters in this post:
    "You could call it a lose. I call it a learning opportunity."

Jin bowed to indicated the end of the fight. Quickly fetching some food from the kitchen right down the hall he handed Krin a plate with a chunk of bread and cheese on it along with various fruits and vegetables.

5. Characters in this post:
    "I see. So if this were a real fight, I would have lost." Krin said blankly. He was kind of upset at first, but he cheered up.
    "Thanks for teaching me." he smiled.

6. Characters in this post:
    Jin nodded in affirmation. Without warning the rose petal barrier that once surrounded Krin fell to the floor.

"The link you made with me at the beginning of the fight was your fatal flaw," Jin explained. "With that, tapping into your power was easy. Much easier than it should have been."

7. Characters in this post:
    "No. Am I supposed to?" Krin said as he lowered down his guard, but not entirely.

8. Characters in this post:
    Jin gave Krin an amused look. He scratched his head slightly and seemed much more relaxed than before.

"You haven't noticed anything strange about your powers?" he asked.

9. Characters in this post:
    Krin started to laugh a little.
    "What's wrong? Your not using your full power on me are you?" he asked. He wiped the dirt from his jaw.
    "Hiiro no hi no hanabira!" he said as a bunch of burning, blood red petals floated around his body.
    "Come." he taunted as he held out his hand.

10. Characters in this post:
    Krin had given the ok. Taking advantage of the opening as the ice melted Jin ran forward and swung his foot around just as Krin's eyes began to glow. His heel connected with jaw and Krin stumbled to the side. Quickly, he followed up with a flurry of blows to Krin's stomach. Immediately afterwards he jumped back and retreated about five meters. Although Jin had retreated Krin still felt like something was not right.

11. Characters in this post:
    "It seems you can ignore the pain. Don't worry about hurting me." Krin said, responding to Jin's thoughts.
    "I want to keep this to my advantage. Meruto!" he said. All the snow and ice that was at a 10 meter radius of him melted.
    "Now. Kasai." he said as his eyes glowed brightly.

12. Characters in this post:
    Jin winced slightly as his arm began to hurt. His arm was crawling with a burning sensation. He ignored it and jumped forward kicking at the ice barrier, creating a small opening but still not big enough for him to get in.

"Ah. Tactical defense. Very good," Jin said as he circled Krin's protective ice.

Jin scanned the ice for a way inside but found no way to break it without hurting Krin.

13. Characters in this post:
    "Thanks." Krin yelled. He backed up a bit.
    "Shasui!" he chanted. The melted ice that came from the shards formed a barrier. The fire turned into steam as it hit the barrier, but it didn't hold for long. Some of the fire came through. He used his arms to guard, but he burned himself. He winced in pain as he fell back. He got back up quickly. He looked at his arms and got an idea.
    "Mirāringu sa reta itami!" he chanted. It was a spell that can connect two people's body pains. And cause his arms were burned, Jin's arms should feel the same.

14. Characters in this post:
    Jin swiped his arm knocking some of the ice out of the air, the solid water breaking on his arm braces. Entering the opening he just caused he began dodging the shards and breaking some of them at the same time.

"You see, if you had done this and assumed that I had no way to make a ranged attack you might feel safe," Jin said as he dodged a quite large shard. "But, If you take into account the fact that I may have magical ability then you need to guard against counter attacks."

Jin took a deep breath and then let out a long stream of fire from his mouth melting the flying ice.

"Always keep in mind that your body can be used as a weapon also."

15. Characters in this post:
    Krin closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
    "Kōri no hahen!" he spread his arms and the air around him became cold and dense. Then, it started to form into ice shards that shot straight at Jin.

16. Characters in this post:
    After a bow Jin lead Krin down the hallway and to the courtyard. There were a few other members there but not many, most of which Jin knew. In one corner of the courtyard was a circle etched into the ground. Jin stepped into it.

"The first thing you should know is that an attack can come from anywhere. Just because an opponent looks unable to strike in a certain fashion don't rule it out. Attack me," Jin prompted Krin as he spread his legs and arms slightly to get into a bit of a better position.

17. Characters in this post:
    "Thank you. As you have noticed before, I can't see. So, I guess I'm more hands on." Krin said shyly.
    "Well, uhm, thank you again. You are a really nice person. Thank you for helping me." he said with a smile. He felt tension, and he wanted to calm it down.

18. Characters in this post:
    Jin felt stupid. He had just assumed something and it made him look immature. How could he have just skipped over something like that.

"Oh. Right. I'm sorry, I assumed that because you could navigate that you had figured out a way to use magic to read. No, I don't think we have any books that are like that. But, that's a good thing. Now you have a goal to work towards," Jin said confidently. "If you wish to learn more about combat I can teach you some basics tonight. Are you more of an observer or do you like a hands on approach," He asked with a slight grin.

19. Characters in this post:
    "B-Books. I'm sorry. . . But, I can't read. The magic book I learned from had pictures and runes that my head could translate somehow. Do you have any books like that? And. . . uhm. . . Can you teach me combat?" Krin explained. It nearly caused him to be oxygen starved. He's not used to talking so much all at once.

20. Characters in this post:
    Krin's yearning to learn about magic raised some interesting questions. Not only were there not many there who specialized in magic but there were few who could even use it. They had a large library with many books on the arcane and such but most of it was just used for studying purposes and never put into practical use.

"Hm. Well we don't have a teacher for magic. I'm probably the closest you'll get. Well actually Ori would be better than I but I wouldn't suggest trying to learn from him right away. We have a library if you wish to examine any texts. I learned most of my magic, which is not much, from combat training. A lot of the time I made it up as I went along during whatever I was doing."