Login to your account

Hiding in the darkness

The Order of the Centered Mind has stood for years as a beacon of hope for some and an outlet of anger and frustration for others. What could be called as an exclusive club of scholars and warriors the members of the order are trained for years. However, unbeknownst to the public, the newest head of the order is engaging in the day to day affairs of the world more and more directly. External strife and suffering raises the question, is this their problem or is their only concern the betterment of their secret society. Internal turmoi......

Tags: adventure, creatures, dark, fantasy, magic, monster hunting, monsters, political

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Closed

Creator: scarlightning

Created: 09-15-2012, 07:36 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 103

1. Characters in this post:
    Krin sat in the cold off his home, watching the icy world from inside. He rubbed his hands together.
    "Kasai, akaruku moeru!" he chanted. As he continued to rub his hands, a fire started to burn brightly in his palms. He took a deep, hot breath and blew the fire into the fireplace. The timber caught on fire and it spread to the corners of the fireplace. He scooted closer until he good feel the warmth reach all parts of his body.

2. Characters in this post:
    The frigid air hummed with foreign power. Slowly it became distorted and hard to see through as if looking through a stain glass window. Louder and louder the sound came until finally it ended with a loud pop. In a burst of fire the pale white Jin fell to the ground the flames licking his form as he knelt there. The heat didn't seem to bother him and they quickly began to fade. He slowly stood up to examine the surroundings, his cool dark eyes surveyed the land seeing nothing but pure white snow and smoke rising from chimneys in the distance.

"Interesting," Jin said as he reached down and picked up a handful of snow raising it to his mouth and taking a mouthful from the pile. Jin chewed on the snow and then began looking around for something but couldn't find what he was searching for. It was then he noticed a nearby house with smoke rising from it and he grunted softly at the discovery.

3. Characters in this post:
    Krin wasn't sure if it was his imagination, but he felt something outside. He looked around to see a man standing in the snow. He didn't want to end up confronting him if he was one of them, so he got rid of the fire. He sat there and concentrated.
    "Nentō no tame no kokoro!!!" he chanted loudly as his eyes dilated. He connected his mind with the stranger outside.
    His name appears to be Jin.
    "Who are you Jin? You don't look like you're from here." he asked in Jin's tho

4. Characters in this post:
    Jin felt a foreign presence in his mind. Immediately he shut it out with the force and resistance of a solid steel wall but not before the presence could relay a message. Jin was surprised from the intrusion but cautious as to what may have caused it. He looked around trying to find the source of it but saw nothing, but the houses all around.

"My name is not to be used lightly. Show yourself demon so that we may discuss your obtrusion in my mind," Jin said loudly in a commanding voice.

He continued to look around to see if anything would reply or reveal itself.

5. Characters in this post:
    I guess I have no choice.
    Krin slowly stepped outside. He walked until he was in attack range with the stranger.
    "Who are you?" he asked. The wind blew, exposing the bandages wrapped around his eye.

6. Characters in this post:
    Jin looked the man up and down formulating a response and collecting his thoughts. He was strange indeed. Not only did he intrude in his mind but not he demands to know who he is when he is the actual intruder. Jin bowed.

"I'm sorry. I thought you were some sort of creature or demonic presence. However, you appear to already know my name and yet you ask who I am. I'm the one who should be asking who you are, a man who intrudes in one of a persons most sacred and secret domains," Jin replied.

7. Characters in this post:
    "I am a demonic being. That's why I was abandoned here. Doesn't that explain why there is no one else around?" he said, almost rudely.
    "It was a force of habit." he said bluntly and quietly.
    "As you can see. I don't quite trust people." he muttered.

8. Characters in this post:
    Jin looked around again inquisitively.

"Doesn't seem so bad. I've been in quieter and more isolated situations," He said matter-of-factly. "Independence is good."

After examining the area Jin seemed to be a bit confused.

"Would you happen to know exactly where we are?" he asked.

9. Characters in this post:
    "This is the Iatane Rural Dumps." Krin said. He looked into the sky's.
    "Aren't you cold? Again, you don't look like you're from around here?" he asked.

10. Characters in this post:
    Jin didn't understand at first. Then he realized just how cold it was and just how little of his body his clothes covered when in such a cold environment. Many other feelings set in at that time also. It was not until then did he realize just how hungry he was. In fact, he was on the verge of starving. His head pounded from the lack of food, water, sleep and probably the process of jumping planes.

"No," he lied about his condition. "But, you're right. I'm not from here. In fact I have no idea where I am. I've read about places like this but this is one of the few times I've left my home, let alone my world."

A pain throbbed through Jin's chest with intense heat. Instincts kicked in and he had to try his hardest not to yell out and claw at his chest. Poison was the first thing that ran through his mind. Although the wound he had suffered earlier was light, the after effects where much more severe, and now much more apparent. Jin ran through his options over and over in his head but to no end; he had no idea what to do. Was this the life of the Hollowed Fist? Was he to die here in a land strange to him without even a chance to face the demon he hunted? No. He shook the thought from his head. He wouldn't let that happen. He had no idea how strong the poison was in the first place. Was it just his own weakness that made it seem worst than it really is? Sweat poured down his face as Jin cleared his throat.

"Would you happen to...to know...know..."

He barely managed to get those words out before the depth of his infirmity set in. The strength in his legs were gone and slowly but surely he fell to his knees. Jin looked up at the stranger trying to get the words out as he struggled to gain control over his legs but soon enough all his muscles failed and he collapsed in the snow wheezing and gasping for breath.

11. Characters in this post:
    This is the first time Krin saw anyone dying. He didn't know him, but he didn't want him to die. He dragged Jin inside his house. He placed him on a mat & prepared a healing circle.
    "Konoyo no hīru. . . Nagare o gyaku. . . Dengen. . . Anrokku!" he chanted. He said the same sequence of chanrs until the circle and Jin's body was glowing a pale green light.
    "Ōse rare doku!!!" he yelled the last chant. The pale green light exploded into sparkles.
    "You should be fine now." he said. He looked at the fire place.
    "Kasai, akaruku moeru." he chanted and the fireplace exploded with fire.

12. Characters in this post:
    Jin's body lay still as the mans magic began to work. Still unconscious the magic was obviously taking effect. His skin glowed with a magical aura as his body slowly repaired. Jin suddenly woke up breathing heavily. He sat up much too quickly and soon felt nauseous. He clutched his stomach as he heaved a disgusting liquid out. He looked down and began to gain more awareness. However, just the sight of the liquid almost made him want to puke again.

"Ugh...That's disgusting..." he said quietly. Jin rubbed his eyes and face. Realizing he wasn't in the snow any longer he raised his head and looked around. The stranger he had met earlier was here as he took in his surroundings.

"Oh...Sorry about your floor."

13. Characters in this post:
    "I don't mind. . . Are you okay?" Krin asked. He stood up and went into a little room that looked like the kitchen. He came back with a cup of water and urged the man to drink it.
    "My name is Krin. . . Not like you'll remember or anything." he said softly.

14. Characters in this post:
    Jin took the water and made a slight bowing motion before drinking it. Completely draining the cup as quickly as he could he let out a small cough.

"Yes. I'm fine now. Nice to meet you Krin."

He grabbed his pouch and opened it pulling a piece of bread out and took a bite out of it. He chewed and swallowed before speaking

"How long have I been unconscious?" he asked.

15. Characters in this post:
    "Not long really." Krin said as he looked outside. He saw some weird shadows moving outside.
    "Can you fight?" he asked Jin.

16. Characters in this post:
    Jin stood up slowly still holding his stomach.

"Is that a question of my skill or my health," Jin asked almost teasingly."Is there a problem?"

17. Characters in this post:
    "There is something outside." Krin said. He looked outside and saw a bunch of shadowy figures.
    "Do you know what those are? I've never seen those before. Did they come with you?" he asked as he showed Jin what he was talking about.

18. Characters in this post:
    Jin moved to the window to take a look. As he took position up beside the opening he saw a silhouette move through the darkness. He strained to see what was lurking and his eyes glazed over slightly.

"Ah. Just the person I was looking for."

Jin opened the door and stepped outside into the darkness. He took a few steps away from the house and into the snow and cold shutting the door behind him.

"Ni'joy. Let's talk about this. I would prefer a peaceful confrontation you know this but the Si no hoy are not pleased. They've ordered that you be brought back. Dead or alive. I'm only the first but you know I won't be the last if you keep this up. They'll send every hallow fist here if they have to."

Silence followed Jin speech. The night air was still but Jin didn't back down. After a while a voice spoke back seemingly from nowhere. It had a slight hiss to it but at the same time it was deep.

"You're one of the Centered aren't you. Why would you agree to this. I'm sure you've never even left the mountain top before this."

"We're not here to discuss my presence. We're here to discuss your absence. Return immediately."

Jin sighed as his response was met with silence.

19. Characters in this post:
    Out of curiousity, Krin opened the door and joined Jin.
    "Whats going on? Who are you talking to?" he asked as he tugged on Jin's clothes. He seemed like a little kid now, but that's how he can fool people.

20. Characters in this post:
    The voice returned once again.

"Who's the new blood," It said in a wispy voice.

Jin glanced at Krin as he tugged on his clothes. A foolish mistake. As soon as Jin's eyes shifted a cough like sound came from the dark and several dozen small sharp needle like projects flew towards the pair. Jin knew this strategy all to well and he raised his arm to guard his face. Sacrificing the protection of the rest of his body Jin kept his stance as a flat object, covered in fine spikes, also shot through the night air. It was aimed towards Jin and he quickly parried and knocked it aside. As quickly as it came the object retracted.

"He's a dangerous man from my home. He fled here to avoid any prosecution. I think now would be a good time to retreat. I do not expect you to fight in the dark," Jin said as he held his stance his eyes shifting back and force scanning the night for any signs of further assault.

21. Characters in this post:
    "I see." Krin said, completely ignoring his warning. Even though he was covered in spikes, he raised his hand above his head.
    "Hikari no ōbu!!!" he chanted loudly as orbs of light began to surround his body. The darkness repelled away.
    "I am your torch. Use me to your advantage." Krin said as he he used a fire chant to burn the projectiles, stopping them in their tracks.

22. Characters in this post:
    "Hmm."

Jin looked around for Ni'joy but could see nothing. Side stepping to the right he continued looking into the night. He waited as Krin distracted him until finally he tried, once again, to strike him. As his limb extended past Krin and his flames, Jin jumped up and stomped on the flat appendage attached to the end of it. A cry of pain shot out from the dark. Before the attacker could react Jin jumped into the dark and a thud echoed outwards. At that moment a gray lanky looking creature with large eyes and a wide grinning mouth stumbled into the light. The thing looked up at Krin with a devious looking smile showing his long sharp teeth. Just then Jin ran back into the light and his foot connected with the back of it's head flinging it into the snow.

23. Characters in this post:
    "What was that thing?" Krin asked looking unphased. He held out his hand over it.
    "Uchikudaku!" he chanted. A bright light came from his hand and shot straight down onto the beast. It started to fragment into pieces as the light disappeared.

24. Characters in this post:
    "Well he was to be a prisoner until you killed him. They're not going to be happy. But, the order was dead or alive."

Jin watched as Ni'joy evaporated into pieces.

"Other than that he was a rogue. Just a criminal. But, he was a very important political key. Hence all the fuss over a lowly criminal."

25. Characters in this post:
    "I'm sorry. . . I just didn't like the look it was giving me." Krin said as the light that was surrounding his body disappeared. He started to feel faint, and he couldn't even stand anymore.
    "Too much in one day." he cursed to himself as he tried to crawl back into the house. Not even halfway in did he pass out in the dark, cold snow.

26. Characters in this post:
    Jin rushed over to Krin and grabbed his shoulders before he completely fell to the ground. Quickly he drug him into his home and found his bed. He laid him down carefully. He locked the front door and and closed the windows. Then, pulling out some long thin green sticks he lit them and placed them beside Krin on his bed. Inhaling the smoke he proceeded to sit in the middle of the floor and watched the man carefully. Jin was not sure if it was poison like it had been for him or if he was just exhausted. Either way he kept careful watch of him to make sure nothing ill came of him through the night.

27. Characters in this post:
    Krin smelled a strange odor. He automatically sat up and looked around. He saw the man sitting in his room.
    "I'm sorry." he muttered as he looked Jin's face.
    "This happens to me every time I use too much power." he explained.

28. Characters in this post:
    Jin continued to sit quietly, not answering right away. After a few minutes he opened his eyes and responded.

"No need for apologies. My job was done. I was not hindered in any way."

29. Characters in this post:
    "If you are going to leave, can you. . . no never mind. I'll just be a hindrance to you." Krin said as he conflicted with himself. He got up, but sat back down when he felt his head becoming dizzy.

30. Characters in this post:
    Jin stared inquisitively at Krin.

"Why would you wish to come with me."

It was very strange for someone from his world to want to travel with a hallowed fist let alone anybody from any other world. Usually the danger and commitment kept people at bay. Not to mention Ori.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 103