Login to your account

Breaking the Veil

A lowly human Hunter and an evil arch-mage blow up each other, every significant supernatural leader in England, and about four blocks' worth of buildings in the middle of London in a huge, public, obviously magical explosion. One lone Promethean, bleeding and dying, makes it out of the blast, and stumbles his way along to Alexander's, the area's busiest supernatural hangout spot, desperate to find somebody who can help him cover up the damage before the reality of magic becomes irreversibly public. Desperate for your help. The......

Tags: alexander's, amelia, black prince malcom, masquerade, wod

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Psyche

Created: 08-20-2012, 03:24 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Posts 421 to 434 of 434

1. Characters in this post:
    ((Claire, Cyrus, and Constantin: custody battle bitchiness interrupted by actual worries))

Constantin immediately ducks and reaches out to stop her momentum, before she hits her head. Again.

This protective cover thing is turning out to be more of a danger than a help.

"I'd say so," he says, softly, slowly righting her. "Even if it's just in your head, it's real enough to matter," and there's something almost like understanding in his voice. "Can you breathe?" One of his hands goes to her back, sliding down it like he would with Mina's coughing fits, as if it ever helped. As if it will now.

2. Characters in this post:
    ((Keep on rolling along~))

Harvester winces a bit at Claire's reaction. Not just for her safety, but from the familiarity of it--Cyrus's memories of it, at least. It's most distracting.

"Things that are nothing...yes, that's possible. You're seeing the Abyss." He's doing his best to sound calming, though it's barely a step above his monotonous, emotionless tone. "It may be hard to uncover, but you need to find a watchtower. Everything will be better once you do. Do you see anything that stands out while not standing out? A spire, perhaps?"

This concept of worrying...is quite strange. Harvester doesn't like it. But at the same time, he has to make sure this girl Awakens properly. Especially since she's so much like him/Cyrus. It's...strange.

3. Characters in this post:
    ((demonic zombie horde? I have no idea what you're talking about. I'll be over here. Behind a table. With Cyruster and Claire. We Three Cs need to stick together))

Constantin looks up, at that. Cyrus might be an untrustworthy possessed who-knows-what, but he seems to actually know what's going on, which is several steps up from him. When Claire doesn't respond, Constantin prompts the pair of them, "Tower, spire... Should she be looking for something tall, or just any place that seems more a protection, than the rest of the... landscape?"

4. Characters in this post:
    ((Ack, why didn't I see this post?! Anyway, got the C's over here. Party on.))

"All Mages gain their power by carving their names into the Watchtower they Awaken to," Harvester explains. "The forms are variable, so either a high or protective place could work. All Awakenings differ, and the Watchtowers manifest differently for all."

Harvester glances over his shoulder at this point, trying to see what progress has been made. The others better get through soon, he thinks to himself; otherwise, he's grabbing Claire and bolting back through the portal alone. Cyrus wanted to save everyone, yes, but Harvester doesn't have such qualms about leaving before the black-eyed beings have a chance to try following him into the apartment.

5. Characters in this post:
    [Sorry, guys, I'm trying.]

Claire

Claire seems...ticked off? She's frowning, at least, and has that stubborn set to her jaw--all pursed lips and clenched teeth--indicative of annoyance.

"Things don't happen just because you wish them to," she half-snaps. After a few moments of staring heatedly at the space between the other two C's, the expression fades to something more introspective.

" 'Sovegna vos a temps de ma dolor'," she mutters, with surprisingly fair pronunciation, at least for a twelve-year-old. "Poi..." Here she smiles, more a faint, pained grimace than a true smile as she clutches at her chest again. "Poi s'ascose nel foco che...gli...affina."

Claire sighs rather wheezily then slowly, almost carefully, oozes sideways to press her cheek to the floor. She traces circles in the dust, watching in apparent fascination.

She seems to be asking one or the other of the men, perhaps both, perhaps neither; either way, her voice is...unbearably, painfully young, really, as she questions, "Does this mean I'm the princess locked in the tower, or that I'm the prince come to save myself?"

6. Characters in this post:
    [Ack, sorry! I never got the notification, for some reason...]
    [Cute, Crazy, Crack]

Constantin slowly, gently, brings her back to sitting, and, between Cyrus and himself, tries to give her something real to draw her attention, over magic mirages and circles of dust.
    "You can be both, but if it helps," he smiles, and it's almost teasing, "I am a prince." He laughs a little, as he tries to distract her, glad that his outdated title is finally of some use in this country. "What do you say we all try to save each other? Can you take my hand? Cyrus'? We could carry you, if you like, but it's time to leave, printesa mea."

7. Characters in this post:
    [C³.]

Claire

...Both?

Interesting.

So very, very...interesting.

Far more lucid than before, Claire makes frantic eye-contact first with Cyrus, then Contantin, holding it with the latter as her cold fingers curl into tight fistfuls of his shirt.

"Daddy," she says, quickly, panicked; tears are pooling in her eyes again. "We can't leave my daddy, he'd...he'd be all alone, and, and--." Sh breaks off, chewing her lip.

8. Characters in this post:
    ((C to the 3 up in here~!))

Harvester doesn't quite understand why the girl is so frantic. Her father is dead; why should it matter if his body is left behind? That's not what matters. And surely, his ghost, if it manifests here, won't be alone...

"We can take your father with us if that will keep you calm," Harvester finally relents, a faint trace of annoyance in his voice. "But we need to get you out of here first."

With that, he tries to hold one of her hands, hoping Constantin will grab the other so they can pull the girl out of here. They really are, he thinks, wasting so much time as is...

9. Characters in this post:
    [C³.]

Claire

Suddenly, there is anger--and a lot of it. She's blinded for a moment, and part of her is afraid because she's never been so furious in her life, but also because anger has never hurt like this; it's like a particularly bad asthma attack, the way it stabs at her.

"Don't talk about him like that!" she snaps, voice edging towards shriek again, though it's not quite there yet. Oi vey.

"Don't you...don't..." Claire's edging towards hysteria again. She starts trying to pull away from Constantin in earnest now. A bright, fearful, almost crazed gleam shines in the pooled tears that haven't yet fallen. If she can just get past all the people and the nothingness trying to come back and consume, if she can get to her dad, he'll, he'll be alright, and they'll go home and mom'll make dinner and reprimand them both with that stern tone she uses when they do something "dangerous" like going out into the world for too long and dad will sneak a bag of crisps to her and they'll watch Doctor Who reruns and he'll try to scare her into going to bed on time with Weeping Angels and Daleks and Cybermen and she'll call him silly but go to bed soon anyway, and daddy'll be fine, absolutely fine, if she can just...get to him.

10. Characters in this post:
    [C³.]

Constantin gently just lays one hand over her own where it's fisted in his shirt, not forcing her to stay, not holding her down, just a reminder.

"We'll take care of him, alright? But we need to take care of you, too. Your dad asked me to look out for you, and I'd like to right by him. Can you trust his judgement on that, trust me to take care of it?"

And that was horribly repetitive, but he wants to make sure that she hears care not dismissal.

11. Characters in this post:
    [C³.]

Claire

Claire is quite visibly torn, eyes darting from Constantin to Cyrus to the broken bodies, including that of her father's, that she knows is just beyond the two men but that she cannot currently see.

She swallows, nodding slowly. He's right. Of course he's right.

The half of her mind still entrapped in the strange vision wobbles, the nothingness getting lighter by almost negligible degrees, but the more lucid half of her metal processes is partially eclipsing noticing it for now. Disbelieving that she's saying this for once, she can't hide the truth of her words. "Constantin? I...I wanna go home."

Old home. Not the new home, the one with Something missing. But she doesn't know that yet.

Maybe she'll discover a new Home yet.

[[[OOC: Okay. What the heck is going on, you guys? I know I've been slow at posting, but that's mostly been in an effort to let other people have a chance to post, as well as attempting to not beat a dead horse.

I've talked to Amelia a bit, but I still don't know much beyond things that I need to do soon-like. But where's everyone else? Seriously. Did something horrible happen? I'm starting to worry about y'all's welfare, here.]]]

12. Characters in this post:
    RUSH
    Rush opts to address the nearest policeperson, since, he reasons, they've all been pretty useless so far, and it's not like they're working under trauma like his young wolf friends.

"Hey, you! Where the hell did the big guy go, the one with the beard? He's not outside, is he?"

13. Characters in this post:
    The police officer blinks up at Rush, still a little shell-shocked and dazed.

"Wh-who?"

14. Characters in this post:
    [Rush + unfortunate policeperson.]

RUSH
    Rush sighs heavily and tries to run a fin through his hair, which never works as well as fingers.

"Come on, I know you saw him-- he had to be the biggest guy here, came in with those kids?" He points to Larry and Sam. "So where is he?"

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Posts 421 to 434 of 434