Login to your account

Breaking the Veil

A lowly human Hunter and an evil arch-mage blow up each other, every significant supernatural leader in England, and about four blocks' worth of buildings in the middle of London in a huge, public, obviously magical explosion. One lone Promethean, bleeding and dying, makes it out of the blast, and stumbles his way along to Alexander's, the area's busiest supernatural hangout spot, desperate to find somebody who can help him cover up the damage before the reality of magic becomes irreversibly public. Desperate for your help. The......

Tags: alexander's, amelia, black prince malcom, masquerade, wod

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Psyche

Created: 08-20-2012, 03:24 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Posts 331 to 360 of 434

1. Characters in this post:
    RUSH:
    "Jesus, you're probably right..." Rush shudders slightly, before smiling at Cyrus again. "That's really good of you, you know. How'd you get into it? Me, I uh... heh, I don't really 'work'. It's the Blackbird Bishops' job to help changelings fresh outta the hedge, or come to terms with their fetches and their new lives. We're basically changeling social workers, but I'm the only one in the London area. I pretty much hobo around in the hedge, but it's surprisingly good living. I'll show you my hollow, if it's not exploded." He doesn't sound especially concerned about this, except for the fish. No sense crying over stuff made out of dream material anyway.

2. Characters in this post:
    Adam shifts back to human form, still giving Sasha wide berth, but willing to ignore him as long as he remains unthreatening.

He looks from Claire to Officer Thompson, to Jacob, a sick look passing across his face. He pads on bare feet over to Jacob's body. "You dug your own grave," he says bitterly. He whispers, "Fool," and passes one hand over Jacob's face, closing his eyes.

Then he stands up and looks at Constantin and Rufus appraisingly. "You two sure know how to handle yourselves. For a couple of kids fresh off the plane, you're not doing too bad."

He looks down at the sobbing Claire unhappily. "Do you think she'll be alright?"

3. Characters in this post:
    ((conversations between Rufus and Kat.))

Rufus is still focusing on Kat. "I take care of my own, as long as I'm looking out for you, you don't have to worry about anyone taking you, they'd have to go through me first. Your packmate already joined us," He gestures over at Borogris, "Why not you?" He keeps his voice level and kind but determined to show her that she doesn't have to be afraid anymore.

4. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between Kat and Rufus.))

"Borogris is kind of a...special case," Kat says, sounding vaguely envious. She watches Borogris standing on alert, sword out in front of him, and sighs. "I'm tied to the Tutorem - I can't walk away unless the Elders allow it. But you should take him to your pack in Wales. Get him out of London, as fast as you can, and back in your own territory. Especially with your friend being a vampire...well, let's just say the Elders will be trying pretty damn hard to get Borogris back."

5. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between Kat and Rufus.))

"Is there any way to get you untied from the Tutorem? Or for me to get tied in so I can help you? My mom taught me to never walk away when I could help someone, I intend to make her proud."

6. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between Rufus and Kat))

"You'd have to let the Elders approve you," Kat answers. "If you're really Newid Bleidd, then I think they would - I know they would. But even if you did...you couldn't help me. You couldn't even help yourself. Everyone who joins the Tutorem joins as an Omega, not an Alpha." She huddles in on herself more closely. "All the pups...we start as Omegas. And if you're like me...if you're weak, you never move up. You can't ever move up. It's why they were so angry when they found out about Stephanie."

7. Characters in this post:
    ((Adam, Rufus, and Constantin))

Constantin edges back towards the center of the bar, and his new... whatever Borogris is... from where he'd been making sure no stragglers had split themselves off and gone outside. Speaking from experience, he doesn't think that's going to end well for anybody.

When Adam speaks, Constantin turns to him with a rueful grin. "You're kind, Adam, but I'm a little concerned that was more a case of, what's the phrase? Ah yes: beginner's luck."

8. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between one stupid, panicking officer and Kay, but it pretty much affects everybody))

The panicking officer by the bar is still freaking out. As his fellow officer reaches him, and tries to put a hand on his shoulder, he flinches - and his gun, being waved in the air, fires off a shot.

The bullet goes right through Kay's head.

((ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS! YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY *EJECTED* FROM KAY'S MINDSPACE! WE NOW HAVE THE SECOND CASUALTY OF THE GAME!

...Don't you hate it when random fate rolls fail?

...GM out.))

9. Characters in this post:
    ((One more post, because conversation on Skype has alerted me that you may need to know this point later - check out the copy-and-pasted discussion between Cayden and I:

[9:59:59 PM] Cayden Coronado: does it hurt?
    [10:00:07 PM] Cayden Coronado: getting ejected from the mindspace
    [10:00:34 PM] Amelia: Nope. Just...abrupt. And for a second - one, infinitesimal second - you feel something chilling and otherworldly and cold.
    [10:00:39 PM] Amelia: Like nothingness all around you.
    [10:00:44 PM] Amelia: Sucking at the fabric of the world.
    [10:01:01 PM] Cayden Coronado: we feel death.
    [10:01:34 PM] Amelia: ...yeah.
    [10:01:41 PM] Amelia: Or you think you do.

...Make of that what you will.))

10. Characters in this post:
    ((everyone in the bar))

Constantin stares, horrified, for half an instant, before turning to see if that idiotule has had his gun removed yet, or if that needs to happen.

11. Characters in this post:
    [...Well, shit.]

Claire

Her sobs--and thus the assault on Morgan's person--cut off in a gasp of...I don't even know what. Partially disorientation, partially shock at the sound of a gunshot, I think.

Her stomach twists sickeningly. She clamps a mental hand down on it, frantically searching the room, sear--there. A splash of red, over-bright in the low-light.

Kay. She...no. She was just here. And, in the dream, and here.

Claire's fingers loose from their fists as she pitches to the side and vomits.

12. Characters in this post:
    Cyrus shrugs. "I...well, it's the one thing I'm good at. Working with ghosts, it just feels...right, somehow." He sighs, kicking a rock at his feet. "But yeah, I know how you feel. Hoboing around and all that, trying to do good. And sure, I'd love to see your hollow--"

He's interrupted as Kay's Mindspace breaks apart. Cyrus gasps; he recognizes the feeling all too well. Death. He stops for a moment, one hand over his chest. He didn't know the girl long, but...

"...The wolf-girl's dead." He frowns, wondering how many others are dying. Maybe he shouldn't have left...

No. He's not dwelling on this now. He's been through enough tonight. "Come on. We're almost there." He grabs Rush's hand and pulls him along to Pepper's Apartment before the fish-boy can argue against it.

13. Characters in this post:
    ((This pertains to /all/ the people.))

Rufus is standing from his conversation with Kat when it happens. He stumbles slightly and looks to Constantin to make sure he's okay. After the panicked worry passes he looks determined and finishes standing with a different set to his shoulders than before. "First thing's first can we disarm these mortals and put them somewhere safe? Things are going to hell and someone needs to be in charge. I can take point on this but I need people by my side who know the streets and have contacts here. If everyone follows me I can keep a clear head and get us through this. There's a lot more going on than just what's here and someone needs to control this situation before a lot more of us end up dead. We need to work together and stop this /now/. The supernatural community has been exposed and the longer we stay here arguing, the greater danger our loved ones, both mortal and not, are in. You can follow me now or you can go home to your families. I won't think any less of you if you go but if you come you could be a hero to countless people. I won't promise you won't get hurt, but I can promise that I will look out for you."

14. Characters in this post:
    ((This is a conversation between Rufus and Morgan, at the moment, but it affects everyone in the bar))

"Son," said Morgan, "you know what? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think you're right. God knows you're the only one of us who's actually managed to protect anybody in this goddamn hellhole so far. Whatever you decide to do, I'm with you."

The officer guarding the doorway nods enthusiastically. The other cops are, for the most part, too busy wrestling down their crazy comrade to pay attention. His gun fires two more times, both bullets going wide.

Behind Alexander, the two waitvamps guarding him edge a little away from him, toward the center of the room.

15. Characters in this post:
    ((if you, like me, are sadly trapped in a closed bar where people are dropping like flies, this involves you))

Constantin summons Borogris, if this weird werewolf mojo is still working, with a soft nod, moving to stand a few steps behind, and slightly to the side, of Rufus, filling out the ranks and making it just that little bit more obvious what this side has to offer. Rufus has a lot he can call to hand, and his hands are the only ones that have shed blood to protect everyone here. The time for powermongering and petty jockeying is long over. This is about survival now; and the pack survives.

16. Characters in this post:
    RUSH:
    Just as the Mindspace shatters, Rush breaks off in a shriek, stumbling against Cyrus and clutching at his shoulder.

"Kay...?" he stutters, staring into space and trying to reconcile the fact that the sweet young werewolf who used to visit his hollow and play with the fish is dead. It just doesn't add up.

"Oh my God..." His eyes start to water and he wipes at them furiously with his fin, before suddenly grabbing Cyrus by the shoulders.

"Cyrus, it's a massacre in there!" His voice hitches slightly in panic. "And we just left-- I-I don't even know who's fighting who! Cyrus, there are kids there, we have to go back, we're the only ones who might be able to get them out!"

17. Characters in this post:
    "We don't know if it's safe. For all we know, they could already be dead. Or worse; I'd warp us right into the crossfire."

Slowly removing Rush's hands from his shoulders and holding them tightly, he says, "I could scry to see what's going on, but I need to prepare for it first. Let's get to the apartment and calm down, and then I'll check and see what's going on. Okay? Can you wait a minute or two?" He slowly swung Rush's hands back and forth in an attempt to help Rush calm down just a little.

Well, it wasn't like Rush had a choice. Unless he had strange faerie magic Cyrus didn't know about, he doubted Rush could open up a portal himself.

18. Characters in this post:
    RUSH:
    Rush swallows anxiously, eyes fixed on Cyrus's face as he wrestles with his completely irrational desire to race across town and burst back into Alexander's. He forces himself to nod shakily.

"S-sorry..." He pulls his fins back, wiping at his cheeks again. "You're right, I can't do anything either like this, let's go... God, c'mon, get it together, Rush." He sniffs loudly, grabbing Cyrus's hand and barreling ahead without really knowing where he's going. "It's not that I haven't lost changelings before, i-it's just, she was my friend, and she was so young..."

19. Characters in this post:
    Cyrus yelps as he's pulled along. "Hey, Rush, wait up! The apartment's this way!" Cyrus tugs at Rush, trying to pull him in the right direction. "Look, it's fine to be upset, but you shouldn't let that drive you to do anything rash! Just...come on, this way."

Poor boy. It's a reminder oh how everyone but Cyrus reacts to death. Strange, how desensitized he is to it now...

20. Characters in this post:
    Sam holds Kay while she creates the mindspace. She likes that. It makes her feel safe. She told him once.

So he keeps his big arms wrapped around her tiny frame, secure that no one can hurt her while he holds her like this. He's smiling...

...when the bullet grazes his eyebrow. A crack that doesn't mean anything to him is immediately followed by a soft, wet popping sound from right next to his ear.

A little shock goes through Kay. She goes limp. He looks down. Blood is trickling from a spot on the side of her head. He whispers, "Kay?"

No answer.

"Kay," he says again, panic starting to creep into his voice, even though he doesn't know why yet. "Kay!" he shakes her.

Her body slumps down, and he can see the side of her head that was blown out.

He drops her, scrambling back... and he begins to scream, a high-pitched shriek that cuts through the room.

That's when Adam goes from shock-stunned to berserk.

In the blink of an eye Adam shifts to full war form. With a snarl of unadulterated rage, he leaps...

[[OOC: GM, I sent you orders. I need rollings. Combat may be beginning again guys... sorry!]]

Larry watches, and wishes he could close his eyes.

21. Characters in this post:
    ((barfight, part 2! Pre-initiative))

The first person Adam hits turns out to be Sasha, still standing stony-faced and black-eyed between Claire and the door. His claws rake down the vampires' sides, but Sasha doesn't even seem to notice - and almost immediately, as Adam lunges forward for a second time, an invisible shield seems to pop up blocking him from Sasha's body.

((Before ANYONE posts any more responses, everyone who wants in on this combat - RAISE YOUR HANDS NOW!!!))

22. Characters in this post:
    ((OOC: I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Rufus, Borogris, and I probably will want in on this fight. Could be wrong, I'm speaking for another player too, but ~somehow~ I'm guessing we three are down to tussle))

23. Characters in this post:
    ((OOC: Initiative posted for barfight Round 2! Kaila, once again, I'm assuming you don't want in on this))

Initiative order:
    Rufus
    Constantin
    Adam
    2/6 Cops (NOT including Morgan)
    Borogris
    Morgan
    Waitvamps
    3/6 Cops (NOT including Morgan, but including Mr. Keeps-failing-his-damn-Resolve+Composure-rolls)

Are you READY to RUMBLE? XD

24. Characters in this post:
    Rufus turns into his wolf form and comes barreling across the room to tackle Adam. The young wolf knocks Adam over but does not manage to pin him.

25. Characters in this post:
    ((barfight part 2: this time it's personal))

Constantin runs to back up his friend, and to try to prevent a new one from doing something he suspects he'll regret. He manages to keep a hold of Adam long enough to whisper a few words, before the berserkergang wolf throws him off.

"Adam, please: listen. I know you want them dead, I know you want to destroy them for what they've done, tear them down and gain some petty vengeance. But you can't. You're strong enough, no question. You'd kill them in a heartbeat, and the instant you did, you'd kill Sam and Larry too. I know you want this, but you have to care for the pack you have left. You're responsible for them, Adam; they need you. They're lost, and they're hurting, and you're abandoning them for your own sake. Well, I can't stop you. The only one who can is you, and I guess you just need to decide whether it's more important to you to lash out like a rabid dog, or to care for your pack."

26. Characters in this post:
    Adam struggles under Constantin's grip for a few seconds while the vampire hisses into his ear. Finally, he manages to get a bit of leverage and throws the smaller man halfway across the room, but Constantin spins in the air and lands like a cat.

He lumbers to his feet, snorting heavily, then he howls, a howl full of pain and rage that shakes the room. With that, he shifts into full wolf form and lopes out of the room.

"Adam!" Larry shouts. He shifts into wolf form also, and runs out, chasing the older wolf.

Sam is left behind, staring at Kay's body with wide, horrified eyes.

27. Characters in this post:
    So, they get to the apartment...which is empty. Completely empty. No Pepper, and no cats, either. That's...extremely worrisome, to be honest. Cyrus keeps Celine on his shoulder, just to keep her close.

Not even bothering to change his shirt yet, Cyrus gets a quick drink of water before starting the Scrying spell. In a mirror he's grabbed from his room, the scene at the bar comes into view...including the dead Officer Thompson, Jacob, and Kay, as well as all the cops, werewolves, and vampires. And, of course, a full-wolf Adam storming out of the bar.

"...I don't care what you say, but I'm happy we left," Cyrus mutters. "Looks like Jacob went batshit. And...why is Rasputin still there? Hasn't anybody...damn it." Cyrus gets up, leaving the scry spell going for Rush to see. "I'm going to look around. It's weird that Pepper's not here, but I've never seen all of her cats gone too..."

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Posts 331 to 360 of 434