Login to your account

Breaking the Veil

A lowly human Hunter and an evil arch-mage blow up each other, every significant supernatural leader in England, and about four blocks' worth of buildings in the middle of London in a huge, public, obviously magical explosion. One lone Promethean, bleeding and dying, makes it out of the blast, and stumbles his way along to Alexander's, the area's busiest supernatural hangout spot, desperate to find somebody who can help him cover up the damage before the reality of magic becomes irreversibly public. Desperate for your help. The......

Tags: alexander's, amelia, black prince malcom, masquerade, wod

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Psyche

Created: 08-20-2012, 03:24 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Posts 301 to 330 of 434

1. Characters in this post:
    RUSH:
    Rush is still in mid yelp, as just seconds ago it felt as if the floor had suddenly disappeared. He catches himself on Cyrus's shoulder, trying to get his bearings.

"Wh... Uhh... Wait, lie low? No, we don't have time! We need to find that mage you know! I mean, okay, keeping the masquerade is probably a lost cause at this point, but if there's a chance we gotta try." He yanks out his hedge phone, frantically texting a "CODE RED, THIS IS NOT A DRILL" message to a few prominent individuals in the changeling community and praying they can pass the it along.

((GM-- I don't think I have to roll for that, but if I do, much apologies. ^^;; ))

2. Characters in this post:
    Cyrus sighs as Rush begins to freak out, quickly dragging his mood back down--especially as people begin freaking out in the mindspace. "I guess you have a point. Sorry, I got ahead of myself..."

He glances at the phone in his hand--he honestly didn't mean to steal it, he just forgot to hand it back--and leans against a wall as he tries to remember the numbers.

((I'm not sure if I know Phillip too well, or have his number--may I roll to remember?))

3. Characters in this post:
    ((barfight))

Officer Thompson is dead.

The waitvamps are all clustered around Alexander by this time, forming a defensive perimeter. However, as they reach him, he shakes his head and nods to the policemen, who are still freaking out, and several waitvamps go to stand by them. Another starts heading over to Officer Thompson's and Officer Sara's bodies.

Borogris lunges to try to get his sword back from Constantin, but fails. He starts (slowly) transforming into a werewolf.

Three of the remaining cops are slowly beginning to calm down. One is still screaming.

Alexander tucks the gun from Officer Thompson's body into his waistband.

The officer by the kitchen door has finally managed to calm down, and is lowering his gun with shaking hands, staring around the room. The other cop has moved by the outside door and is trying to guard it. Morgan makes it over to Claire and crouches down in front of her, shielding her with his body and holding the stake out leveled at Sasha and the fighting werewolves, muttering "sh, sh, sweetie, it's gonna be okay."

Sasha just stands in front of Claire, staring fixedly ahead with a vaguely creepy smile on his face. (His eyes are still black.)

4. Characters in this post:
    Rufus lunges at Jacob and his jaws close around the larger wolf's throat. Rufus's teeth slice through muscles and tendons and he pulls back snout covered in blood. He turns to survey the room with a slight growl.

5. Characters in this post:
    ((OOC: COMBAT IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!!!...unless you want to attack someone else, that is. But this *should* be the last barfight post, I think?))

Borogris is turning back to Jacob, following the sound of his Beta's snarls, when Rufus attacks, just in time to see Jacob die as Rufus rips his throat out.

He's started back toward the fallen Jacob when Constantin looms up over him, holding the sword, eyes flashing.

"Your old master is dead, and was never worthy of your service. Surrender to us, and finally have an alpha to whom you are proud to kneel. You're better than this. We're better than this," he says.

Borogris transforms, human shape - and clothing - fading away seemingly into thin air, to be replaced by the shadowy image of a big black wolf, that rolls onto its back and bares its throat up to Constantin, before fading back into a human.

He bows before Constantin. "Understood, my Alpha. What is your will?" He starts to stand up, then pauses, glancing around at the still panicking officers. "...but before you command me, could I have my sword back, please?"

6. Characters in this post:
    ((This is a reaction by Kat and some of the officers to the recent fight))

Kat, seeing Jacob's death, starts in surprise, a look of relief passing briefly across her face, before one of the waitvamps comes near her and she flinches away, ducking back down under the counter.

"What the FUCK was that?!" screams the still-panicking officer, waving his arms in the air, ignoring his fellows' attempts to calm him. "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"Calm down!" snaps Morgan, from over by Claire. "You knew vampires were real - well, apparently werewolves are too. Somebody check on Sara and-" he swallows, glancing down at Claire, "-Rhys. Get these people out of the way in case the smaller one attacks again. And- get the hell away from that body, Alexander!"

Alexander looks up, coolly, from where he's been standing over the fallen Officer Thompson. "My people were merely attempting to make the good officer comfortable, Morgan. If you prefer, we can leave him where he is for now, but if I'm expected to keep a dead body on the floor of my restaurant I may have to reconsider that restraining order. They do so lower the tone of the establishment once they start to rot."

"I-" Morgan starts toward him, face purpling again, then glances back at Claire and sighs. "Shit. Can somebody take her outside? And call her mother? Who knows Mrs. Thompson's number?"

"I'll do it," one of the cops volunteers, pulling out a phone. The remaining five go back to hyperventilating, guarding the two exits (one officer at each door), and dealing with Sara and Rhys's bodies.

7. Characters in this post:
    ((Constantin, Rufus, and Borogris))

Constantin blinks, before flipping the blade and handing it over hilt-first. "You try to keep everyone as safe as you can, without putting yourself in a stupid amount of danger," he orders, distractedly, clapping Borogris on the shoulder and turning, grasping Rufus by the scruff and whispering something in his ear and ducking out the door with inhuman speed. The girl's been getting weird looks from people all day, and if what's been happening so far is any judge, one police officer is just not enough to keep her, or anyone, safe right now.

8. Characters in this post:
    ((OOC GM's NOTICE OF SADNESS AND DOOM:

Tragically, Tala has emailed me to say that, due to busyness, she will be taking an indefinite hiatus from this forum. Therefore, the character of Kalynn Worthington has been retconned into having left the bar about 3 hours ago, before any of this stuff went down (just after her last comment).

If you all see Tala, give her love and hugs from me.))

9. Characters in this post:
    After a few long minutes of confusion, Cyrus starts cursing under his breath. After fiddling with the phone, he looks about to toss it, stops, and shoves it into his pocket.

He turns to Rush, quickly masking his annoyance with an unstable smile. "...This would be a bad time to mention that I don't remember the number, wouldn't it...? And I only vaguely know where they are."

He starts scratching Celine's head and adds, "Look, I might have it written down at home. Or Pepper might now. Or...something. Anyway, I'm not going to get much done here. You coming with, or is this where we say goodbye?" There's a note to his voice that hints he'd rather they not say goodbye just yet.

10. Characters in this post:
    Rufus wags slightly after Constantin whispers in his ear and turns back into human form, completely naked. He rummages around in his back pack and pulls out a pair of pants before walking over to the bar and sitting on the floor next to Kat but keeping enough of a distance so she doesn't feel threatened. "I'm strong and I make sure those that I've made a promise to are safe no matter what. I won't force you to do anything, anything from this moment on is completely your decision. I treat my friends like family and if you ask Constantin, he'll tell you how protective I am of my family. So what do you say?" He smiles broadly and holds a hand out to her.

11. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between Rufus and Kat))

Kat initially flinches when Rufus comes over to her, but as he talks, her eyes get gradually wider and wider, and she leans in close to listen, a longing expression on her face.

"I...I wish I could," she whispers, after a second of contemplation. "I really, really do, but - I'm Lupus Tutorem. Unless you're one of their registered Betas...I'm probably just going to be handed to another pack. A weaker one." She draws in a breath and lets it out on a long shudder, then adds, quieter than ever. "Thank you for killing him. I- I know, as an Omega, I don't have much to offer in the way of favors, but if I can ever pay you back, I will."

12. Characters in this post:
    RUSH:
    Rush gives Cyrus a severely nonplussed look at his lack of memory, but starts to put his hedge phone away busily.

"Like I said, if there's a chance we can reverse some of the damage, we gotta try. Sorry to say, but you're stuck with me for a bit." He finds the peace of mind to wink at Cyrus, but his tone becomes more serious.

"I'll follow, but I gotta ask-- you're not one of those, ah, changeling-stalking, Acradia-opening mages, are you? Because that would be really unfortunate. Because I actually kinda like you."

13. Characters in this post:
    [Oh look, interaction.]

Claire

Her sscreams quiet only because, apparently, she's strained her voice to the point of cracking. "No, no, no, no, no," she half-wails, half-moans. The shock is trying hard to wear off, but she grabs on with a feral grip that's equal portions rage and fear.

Letting go of the numbness would mean accepting the truth, and truth burns.

Her father's dead. He died trying to protect her. All her fault. Her fault. If she hadn't decided to try to pull a runner, this wouldn't have happened. No one would have tried to attack her, werewolves wouldn't be real, and daddy would be alive--smiling or reprimanding, she doesn't care, he'd be here.

Claire grips onto Morgan's shirt with both fists. "I-i-it's--" she breaks off, hiccuping and gasping, trying to catch breath that's not coming. "Not fair. Not...fair." The mantra starts low, gradually rising in agony as she beats her tiny fists against Morgan, sobbing out the unfairness of the world even as it continues to crash around her, voice climbing once again to a now wheezy wail.

(((OOC: Amelia, I will be Skype later this evening/your morning! )))

14. Characters in this post:
    Cyrus looks a bit surprised--at the question or the compliment, it's hard to say. Again, he regains his composure quickly enough to smile back.

"An Acanthus, you mean? No, not me...I'm a Moros. With a semi-theatrical bow (Celine clinging FOR DEAR LIFE on his shoulder as he does), he says, "Cyrus Bloom, Ghostbuster for hire. And Celine...my assistant, I suppose."

Celine moodily meows at this, as if to say, "Damn right, I'm the assistant." Cyrus snickers a bit at this as he pets her head. "Of course, girl. Let's get you home. Ah, Rush, if you'd be so kind as to follow me? It's...not much of a place, but it's home, and I'm sure you'll like Pepper. She's my roommate--er, she actually owns the place. I just...help when I can. He smiles sheepishly at this as he begins to stride home.

15. Characters in this post:
    ((Claire, Morgan, and Constantin))

Constantin doesn't intrude on Claire's mourning; she probably would prefer to only show that to someone who's known her longer than one night. He just lets himself be visible and obvious not too far away. He didn't go back on his promise to try to protect her. He's right here.

None of them should be going off in small groups, right now, he thinks.

16. Characters in this post:
    RUSH:
    "A-can-thos," Rush tries out the word like it has a bitter taste, "Huh. Good to know the names of one's enemies, I suppose." He gives Cyrus an encouraging smile, falling into line alongside him. After a moment's pause, he reaches out and links his arm with his.

"Haha, don't worry-- I live in the middle of a hedge, literally." He frowns. "Well, lived. Hope my fishies are okay. Anyway, what do you Moros mages do?"

17. Characters in this post:
    Cyrus takes a moment to ponder the question. "Depends on the Moros, I suppose. We've got everything from alchemists to necromancers, detectives, thieves, morticians, and interior decorators. As I said, though, my specialty's with ghosts. I help them move on after death, so they don't get upset and become violent.

He seems a bit depressed as he adds, "After tonight...there are probably so many ghosts already, confused about what's going on and what to do now. As soon as I can, I should help them..." With a dry laugh, he adds, "If I'm lucky, someone'll pay me for it. Anyway, what d'you do?"

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Posts 301 to 330 of 434