Login to your account

Breaking the Veil

A lowly human Hunter and an evil arch-mage blow up each other, every significant supernatural leader in England, and about four blocks' worth of buildings in the middle of London in a huge, public, obviously magical explosion. One lone Promethean, bleeding and dying, makes it out of the blast, and stumbles his way along to Alexander's, the area's busiest supernatural hangout spot, desperate to find somebody who can help him cover up the damage before the reality of magic becomes irreversibly public. Desperate for your help. The......

Tags: alexander's, amelia, black prince malcom, masquerade, wod

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Psyche

Created: 08-20-2012, 03:24 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Posts 151 to 180 of 434

1. Characters in this post:
    Adam rolls his eyes at Jacob's comment, and says, "I think we can put our hackles down long enough to help you out. Right, Jake?" He cocks an eyebrow at the other werewolf, a hint of a smile on his lips.

To Alexander, "I'll take the favor and drinks on the house, I think. You can't pretend our drinks have actually cost you anything. In exchange, I'll talk to this guy," he jabs his jaw toward Cyrus/Harvester, "and try to get answers to the questions you asked. You want more than that, it'll cost you more."

((OOC: Is the mage currently restrained at all? Or is he totally free now that the waitvamps have withdrawn?))

Adam pulls out a chair and sits across from the mage, eyeing him the way one would a rabid dog. A tremble of something that might be fear goes through him, then he steadies himself and asks, "What do you mean when you say you are 'so limited?' What are you, truly?"

((OOC to GM: Stealing glances at Alexander, looking to see if he gives anything away as to why he suddenly got so scared. It's clearly not just this "Harvester," or he would have gotten scared a lot earlier. Any other clues?))

2. Characters in this post:
    [Rush to Kalynn, then Alexander, Sasha, Jacob and Adam.]

RUSH:
    Rush cringes, then sighs and gives Kalynn an apologetic look, turning to the huddle around Cyrus.

"I'll help-- my price is my friend stays out of it and unharmed, free to come and go as she wishes. And what about the younger pack members?" He nods at the bb wolfs, giving Adam a worried look. "Also... you both realize we do things a little differently among The Lost, right? I'm assuming the same is true for the werewolves. We do this interrogation our way."

3. Characters in this post:
    [This is an interaction between Claire, Rufus, Constantin, Officer Morgan, Officer Thompson, and THE FUZZ]

Claire

Claire's face, which had previously been flicking back and forth between the various parties, falls, taking on a bit of an disgruntled edge. "W-wait, you're leaving?"

4. Characters in this post:
    Constantin tries not to stare at the crosses and stake, turning his gaze instead to Claire.

"You only needed us to help find your dad right?" He asks softly. "Did you want us to stay?" He peers at her closely. The only reasons why a young girl would like two strangers to stay, after she's found her family, are one's he'd rather not contemplate, but couldn't forgive himself for ignoring. So he tries to watch her expression, hear her tone, and find out why she'd have them stay. Is it anything to do with why she didn't want to call in the first place?

5. Characters in this post:
    [This is an interaction between Claire, Rufus, Constantin, Officer Morgan, Officer Thompson, and THE FUZZ]

Claire

She presses her lips together, looking between her dad and the two no-longer-quite-strangers she just met. After a moment she slowly shakes her head, the disgruntled expression sliding more towards resignation. "No, it's--it's alright. Besides, you were goin' somewhere else before, yeah?"

6. Characters in this post:
    "Yeah, but.." Constantin quickly writes out a few numbers on a blank card from his pocket. "Here," he hands it to her, with a smile. "That's our number. In case you get lost again, huh?"

((OOC: And I have finally figured out how to get gifs to work in this forum, even if they have to be awkward links. YOUR REFUSAL TO INSERT LARGE GIFS SHALL NOT STOP ME FROM SPAMMING THIS THREAD, WTFRPG!))
    ((edited because I am idiot who can't sustain basic continuity. apologies.))

7. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between Rufus, Constantin, Claire, Officer Morgan, Officer Thompson, and DA FUZZ! ))

"All right, I'm taking you home," says Officer Thompson. "Now. Your mother's going to be out of her mind-"

"You can't leave now," interrupts one of the other officers. "Not tonight of all nights! We need every warm body we can get for this."

Another officer nods. "You know if you go home, they're just going to pull you straight in to deal with the terrorism bombing. Redirecting traffic for the rest of the night, and calming civilians and shit, when you're needed elsewhere. We need you."

"I can't just leave her here-" Officer Thompson begins, scowling, but is interrupted by Morgan, who has been ignoring all of them and staring at Constantin with an expression of growing delight.

"Hang on," says Morgan. "Do you mean to say you actually believe me about the vampires?"

8. Characters in this post:
    ((OOC GM note to Adam: Cyrus is currently still pinned to the table by the waitressvamp who originally pinned him, with two other waitvamps holding his arms down. None of them look to be letting him up anytime soon, despite the fact that Cyrus slashed the waitressvamp's stomach open a while ago and she now has guts quite literally dripping onto him.))

((Second OOC GM's note: as far as any of you can tell, it was whatever the waitvamp whispered to Alexander that made him so spooked.))

9. Characters in this post:

Claire

Claire's eyes widen as she clutches the card Constantin gave her. She definitely, definitely doesn't want to go home, but terrorists? Bombings? Officer Morgan looking slightly more manic than normal, lovable crazy that he ordinarily is?

"Daddy...? What's going on?"

10. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between....Well, every damn person, pretty much, I think, at least all the ones inside Alexander's. Claire, Constantin, Rufus - y'all aren't involved. Everyone else is.))

Alexander bows politely. "Certainly, Blackbird Bishop. As you know, all customers are entitled to remain free and unharmed here, so long as they hurt none of mine. This bar is neutral territory. I thank you, and Alphas Morningkill and Smith, for your assistance. You may, of course, carry out the investigation in any way you like."

"No," hisses Sasha, for the first time. Alexander turns immediately to listen to him respectfully, but after another few creepy minutes of staring, all he says is "don't break his skin. I want his skin."

Alexander segues smoothly.

"...You may carry out the investigation in any way you like that does not break his skin. If everything is arranged? Gogorin Rasputin, if you would be so kind as to come with me to a private table? I would be happy to provide you with a bottle of our finest vodka, free of charge, to compensate for the interruption in your evening."

"...Fine," says Sasha grumpily, after a few seconds, striding over to a private table set into the wall on the opposite side of the room from the touristvamps, who are finally beginning to calm down from their hysterics. "But if the dogs and the fishfay do not make him talk within the hour, I want his skin. The Black Prince promised me his skin."

"Of course, of course, Gogorin," Alexander soothes, drawing Sasha away to the table and gesturing to one of the waitvamps for vodka. As they enter the hollow where the table is located, their voices cut off abruptly.

The second their voices have cut off, the waitvamp who whispered to Alexander stands straight up and comes over to Rush, Adam, and Jacob, speaking loudly and urgently, in a voice that carries through the entire bar.

"Intelligence has just come in: Black Prince Malcom has died in the explosion at Heathrow, probably performing some kind of ritual. Most of the upper ranks of his organization have been killed along with him. If someone is going to work to contain this mess, and make sure the humans think it's a hoax, it needs to be one of us and we need to act now. Which of you knows somebody with the ability to mind-control, induce mass hallucination, or stop time?"

Jacob frowns, briefly. "Hang on, I thought Alexander had somebody like that."

The waitrvamp looks briefly grim - the second almost-expression you've seen one of them make this evening.

"Not anymore. Mage Pacifiens died at Heathrow too. I take it the Tutorem don't know anybody?"

Jacob's only response is a snarl. "Hey, who put you vamps in charge of this anyway?"

"Nobody," says the waitvamp. "That is precisely the problem. Nobody is in charge, not anymore, and we need to work together to deal with this. Currently, the highest ranked surviving member of Malcom's court is Sasha Rasputin, and my master doesn't want him to inherit control any more than you do." He turns to Adam and Rush. "What about you?"

11. Characters in this post:
    [Rush, to the waitress who brought the news, Adam and Jacob.]

RUSH:
    Rush narrows his eyes at the "fay" comment, but starts walking over to Cyrus. He looks even more ill at the waitress vampire's news.

"Dead? And I'll take it the psychopath hasn't figured it out yet... God, how large scale of a mass brainwashing are we talking about?" He gives "Cyrus" a look of mild distaste, crossing his arms. "I thought that's the kind of thing mages love." He softens a little, as it occurs to him that next to the werewolves, he's probably better suited to be the Good Cop. "Still, I'm starting to feel rather sorry for this one... It'd be a shame to kill this body, since it's not just Harvester's."

((Note to GM: I would like to try my Fleeting Spring contract, Cupid's Eye to try and detect Harvester or Cyrus's desires.))

12. Characters in this post:
    Adam doesn't quite pale, but his face grows grimmer and grimmer the longer the waitvamp keeps talking.

Think, Adam, think! All hell is going to break loose right now. No one else is here to deal with it... but what can I do?

Suddenly he barks, a short, sharp laugh. "Cat's out of the bag, dollface. There's no putting it back in. An explosion this size is going to shake everything up. Larry!" he calls.

The skinny kid dressed all in black hops up and rushes over, pale as a sheet. Adam grips him by the arm and says, "See if they have a computer here you can get on to. Can you shut this thing down?"

Larry shakes his head, then his words come out in a rush, "It depends on how much information is leaked already. You can pull the conspiracy theory bullshit, but that's only going to go so far, and if people really have seen magic and---Adam..." he looks miserable, "this is exactly what we're supposed to be fighting against and..."

Adam squeezes his arm, "Listen, I know you want to free the information and all, but if the world finds out about vampires and werewolves, it's not going to end well for anyone. Okay? Just do the best you can." He claps him on the shoulder and sends him off.

"Rush," he turns to the fay man next to him. "What do you think? I don't know if this can be contained, or if we should even try at this point. Is there anything you can do?"

Leaning in closer, he points at Kalynn and asks quietly, "Isn't your friend a member of parliament? Maybe she could make a statement or something."

13. Characters in this post:
    ((Harvester and everybody around him, y'all~))

While Harvester showed no trace of emotion at any of the comments around him, he does raise an eyebrow at Rush's words. He even stops his muttering to say, "The merboy has a point. Cyrus does, in fact, know a few individuals who may be able to assist in your problem."

He sighs, more for theatrics than because he's tired, as he continues digging his knife into the waitressvamp. "As we said, however, we're limited. Our ability to perform magic is weakened by these wards, and we cannot access enough of Cyrus' memories to recall who may assist you." A lie, but no one here knew that. No one knew what he was--not even Cyrus--and that was both his advantage and downfall here.

"So, how about this: you continue your meager questioning. You wait for Cyrus to return. And, while we wait, no one takes our skin, and perhaps we can all help each other. That's all we all want, right?" He smirks slightly and adds, "We wish to help the dead, and you wish to help the living. Theoretically, we needn't fight each other to accomplish our goals, yes...?"

For all his lack of feeling, Harvester honestly hoped this would work. Losing his human vessel would be most inconvenient, especially with so much death around...

14. Characters in this post:
    Larry rushes over to wherever Alexander is, all gawky knees and elbows, barely symmetrical. He adjusts his hat and, without making eye contact, asks, "Sir, do you have a computer I can use to get on the internet and try to contro--" he coughs, "control information about the... the..."

With all the grace of a panicked rabbit, he stops there, stumbling and stuttering over his words.

15. Characters in this post:
    ((OOC note to Rush: the contract doesn't work, but you do learn something important - details in your inbox!))

((OOC note to Rush and Adam: does ANYONE else want to roll to see if they know anybody with mind-control powers?))

"Gogorin Rasputin is currently unaware of the situation," says the waitvamp, "and Mr. Alexander would prefer to keep it that way. In the best case scenario, the news would llikely send him into a murderous rage, in which case everybody within this restaurant and outside it would be in danger. In the worst case scenario, he could ascend to fill the Black Prince's empty throne. And the hypnotism would need to be extremely large-scale - across all of London, in fact - and it would need to happen soon. Or, alternately, we could stop time for long enough to get all the inhuman bodies out of the way, but to our knowledge the only non-Godly entity currently possessed of that power is resident in Baja California, Mexico. We would be unable to travel there and back in time."

16. Characters in this post:
    Adam slams his hand down on the table between him and Cyrus/Harvester, his fingernails, seeming unusually long and sharp, chopping partway into the wood.

"Listen, creep. If you can do anything to help, speak up.

"I don't know who or what you are, and I don't much care, but we've both got problems here. I've got the problem of a city about to go haywire, and you've got the problem of a very mean man over there ready to take your skin, or the next best thing.

"If you make yourself useful enough, maybe we can solve both our problems, and everyone can walk away happy.

"Start talking."

((OOC: got to go to bed... be back in the morning...))

17. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between Claire, Constantin, Rufus, Officer Thompson, Officer Morgan, and some random cops!))

((OOC GM's note to Kaila: you know you can use your dad to post too, right? He's a shared semi-NPC - you and I can both use him.))

"Nothing you need to worry about, sweetheart," says Officer Thompson, frowning and pulling her a little closer to him while he turns back to his fellow officers. "I...shit. Maybe I can call her mom. But, really, are you sure there's not time to bring her back home?"

The other officers shake their heads, forcefully. Officer Morgan is still watching Constantin.

18. Characters in this post:
    [Rush, to the waitress vamp, Jacob, Adam, and Harvester, with frantic waving in Kalynn's direction.]

RUSH:
    Rush groans, rubbing a fin over his eyes. "I really, really hate to say it, but Adam's right. We're royally fucked, unless there are some mages that can really come through, but at this point, Ms. Worthington is probably our best bet. And, ah, I hadn't met her until today." He motions frantically over at Kalynn to come join them, then gives Cyrester a withering look.

"Could you explain to us why you can't just relinquish your hold on him, temporarily? Because Cyrus going through Cyrus's memories sounds a lot more efficient, and also less likely to get the body you share punctured, if you know what I mean."

((Note to GM: I'll roll to remember any potentially powerful enough changelings, just for the halibut.))

19. Characters in this post:
    "We could walk her home," Constantin volunteers before he really knows what he's doing. "Or to the station, or something." The girl doesn't really seem to want to go home at all, and that's still pulling at what good samaritan strings he has.

After a moment he glances to the... eager... Officer Morgan and adds, "We promise to look out for any... vampires."

He tries to strike a balance between looking like he could fend off any vampires and like he's a harmless, well-intentioned schoolboy who could no more do something hinky to his daughter than understand someone from the East End.

And... bombings? He'd been paying so much attention to getting away, that he hadn't had a lot to spare for specifics. He spares Rufus a quick, worried glance. If there's been a terrorist attack, they're probably stuck here. Grounded.

20. Characters in this post:
    ((ooc: HALIBUT LOL))

21. Characters in this post:
    ((This is a conversation between Harvester, Rush, and Adam))

Harvester eyes Adam's clawed hand in interest, distracted enough that he actually removes the knife from the waitressvamp in case Adam becomes more of a threat.

"We cannot voluntarily switch with Cyrus at will," Harvester admits, starting to show a faint semblance of annoyance. "Only when he is particularly stressed can we grab control, and as of yet, we have yet to figure out how to relinquish said control. However, you are lucky that our time is almost up." Prodding the waitressvamp's remaining eye with disinterest, he explains, "In a few moments, Cyrus will have control again, and can assist you. Of course, we're sure he'd be more willing to do so if he didn't have guts dripping onto him, if you know what we mean." Because, while he'd get the waitressvamp off himself, he's a bit preoccupied with something.

"As for Rasputin, please do not worry about him taking the Prince's throne, or taking my skin. If nothing happens to Rasputin momentarily, however, we ask that you tell Cyrus to mar Rasputin's skin before he mars mine. We're sure he'll understand."

Once he's finished speaking, he resumes his mutterings once more. He's obviously paying them much more attention than he is any of his other surroundings.

22. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between Rush, Cyrus, Adam, Jacob, Jacob's goons, the Summer Wolves, the waitvamps, and possibly Kalynn, although I have no clue whether or not she's actually coming over to be a part of this.))

The waitress does NOT get up off Cyrus/Harvester, or even look like she heard him. One of the other waitvamps does speak up, however, looking vaguely concerned.

"Conspiracy theories are all well and good," he says, "but there are at last count over 4,000 nonhuman bodies lying around the grounds of Heathrow Airport, including dragons, a unicorn, the Respectable Ick, and the Winged Hounds. Emergency crews have already converged on the scene, and are even as we speak hauling the bodies away for inspection. Any conspiracy theory will remain incredible so long as the bodies remain in the hands of the government."

23. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between every damn cop in the game so far, Claire, Constantin, and Rufus))

Officer Morgan's eyes narrow, as do those of Officer Thompson, and Officer Thompson puts a hand on his gun.

"Say, you two never did mention what you were doing when you got lost down here," says Morgan, tone still light and friendly, despite the officers behind him shifting subtly to block any escape out of the alley.

24. Characters in this post:
    ((This is an interaction between every damn cop in the game so far, Claire, Constantin, and Rufus))

"Just wandering before catching our plane, but London's a lot bigger than St Andrews, it turns out!" Constantin says, still easy-going, trying to seem as relaxed as possible. It's all just a misunderstanding. He's from a very small town, where people do such dangerous things as trust strangers. He meant no harm, just a bad habit picked up from nigh country living.

((OOC: Blatantly willing to roll presence and persuade, over here. Ack!))

25. Characters in this post:
    ((This is a conversation between Harvester, Rush, and Adam))

Adam listens to Harvester with a stony look. When the speech is done, he glances at Rush while the waitvamp is talking. Finally, he looks at the injured waitvamp, and the guts dripping onto Cyrus/Harvester's face. His own features twist in distaste.

He glances at the other waitvamps and, experimentally, tries giving them orders, "You two, remove that one from Harvester's grip. You, get a wet towel and clean up his face. Cyrus may be back shortly, and he's the only one who might be able to help us."

He narrows his eyes at Harvester and says, "Before you go... do you appear only through Cyrus, or do you show up in other bodies as well?"

26. Characters in this post:
    [Rush, to Adam and waitress vamp.]

RUSH:
    "I'm sorry, Adam, gimme one sec." Rush grimaces apologetically, but maybe it's for the best, while guts are getting cleaned up. He touches the waitress vamp's shoulder a little hesitantly, hissing "Can I have a quick word?"

27. Characters in this post:
    [This is an interaction between every damn cop in the game so far, Claire, Constantin, and Rufus]

Claire

In contrast to Officer Morgan and her father, Claire's own eyes widen. "Dad," she hisses, staring up at him with large and--yes, truth be told--fairly naive eyes. "What're you doing?!"

Officer Thompson's mouth tightens, though he keeps his gaze firmly on Constantin and Rufus. "Claire, come stand behind me, sweetheart," he intones, the firm tone of a capital-p-Parent underlining his words.

Perhaps not the best time for preteen temperamentalism, but it rarely is. Claire stares up at her dad incredulously; a quick glance to Officer Morgan reveals much the same tightness 'round the eyes. She takes a partial step forward but no more. "But..." She cuts a look to the two teens, then back to her father. Her mouth parts, though no words come out yet. The expression, however, is one of a clear if rather odd sort of betrayal.

Just being protective, or you're turning into... like Mom? She finally made some form of friends, and now--her hand tightens around the card still clutched in her clammy palm. She doesn't notice as the corner bites into her skin. Blargh, cardboard cuts are the suck, totes gonna regret that later.

28. Characters in this post:

Constantin's tongue darts out and wets his lips, nervously, as he glances to the upset girl. "Of course. Our apologies; we simply... hoped to help, forgetting we were, in truth, strangers when faced with the chance of playing at white knight. It's been a long time since anyone thought us a stranger." He tries to placate, with a smile he hopes is naive and young and not too broad as he tears his eyes away from Claire.

And where she's managed to... hurt herself.

29. Characters in this post:
    ((Waitressvamp, to first Adam, then Rush))

The waitressvamp offers a cool look to Rush from where she remains, crouched over Harvester/Cyrus, and inclines her head slightly without moving any of the rest of her body at all. "Certainly, sir. About what would you wish to converse?"

Behind her, a watvamp bows to Adam with equal smoothness.

"A wet towel will be fetched immediately, Alpha Morningkill. However, I am afraid Master Alexander has ordered us to secure the bar against all violence. We will neither let go of the possessed mage, nor leave you alone in his company, until told otherwise."

30. Characters in this post:
    ((This is basically an interaction between Jacob and Adam, although it's happening near Jacob's betas, Sam, Kay, Rush, Cyrus, and all the waitvamps))

After watching Adam get shot down by the waitvamp, Jacob slouches up off the wall from where he's been watching the scene progress.

"Well, Beta Morningkill? Are you finished pretending to give orders like a real wolf yet? Or is anyone here actually going to come up with a PLAN to deal with this disaster, instead of sitting around making sure the sniveling homicidal mage is COMFORTABLE!?"

He slams his fist down onto the table next to Cyrus's head, hard enough to crack the marble. The waitressvamp doesn't move, or flinch away.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Posts 151 to 180 of 434