Login to your account

Thread: First RP You've ever played?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reoccurring NPC S h i n ` K ! S S E S's Avatar
    - What was the first style of RP you ever played?

That would be internet forum roleplay. <3

- And where?

Gaiaonline, in the Commerce. It would be about six years ago now? I remember it was a place called the Moon Light Bar and Inn. We were the youngest, noobliest bunch you ever did see. It was actually there that I got the name Shin, though! Heh, I actually still hang out in the Gaia Commerce, but with a much different crowd these days.

- Do you still remember and/or use your first character?

I definitely still remember her. Her name was originally Shidobu, and she was just an incompetent teenager that started working at this inn and then got turned into a vampire by one of the patrons. She was eventually renamed 'Shin' by another one of the patrons, and the name stuck. A whole lot of silliness and hilarity ensued in that place, and sometimes I actually go back to that thread and OOC with a couple of the people from way back when.

I don't really play the character anymore, but the name really stuck with me. She became a completely different character - a little girl vampire, (very Claudia-esque) whom I actually do use still. A completely different character though, just with the same name. <3

If applicable:
    - What was the first tabletop (rp) game you played?

3.5e Dungeons and Dragons. My boyfriend (just a friend at the time) was an experienced DM and got a group of us together at school and we started playing. We began with a zombie-invasion style of game, that was heavily modified rules to cater for beginners. But now we have been playing our regular swords-and-sorcery style 3.5e campaign for almost two years. We also frequently try other systems lately. We've played DnD, Pathfinder, World of Darkness' Vampire, Don't Rest Your Head, BESM... It's really fun! Mostly we stick with d20 based systems.

- What was the first internet (rp) game you played?

I'm just going to talk MMO because I already reminisced about my first online RP. xD

It was probably Runescape, but I didn't really enjoy it a whole lot. I occasionally play WoW (free server) or some smaller MMO's (There's a really neat .HACK one out there!) but I don't really have the time for it lately. I want to look into RIFT~Planes of Telara though.

- How about your first chat game? Where was it on?
    First chat game was over MSN with my boyfriend. He was DMing an online DnD campaign, which I became a part of. Now I'm actually GMing my own Pathfinder game online via MSN a year later. How I've grown! >w<
    Last edited by S h i n ` K ! S S E S; 07-07-2011 at 11:19 PM.