Login to your account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ☁ Rainy Days ☂ 1x1 search of Gess || ALWAYS OPEN! 7/2012

☁ Rainy Days ☂ 1x1 search of Gess || ALWAYS OPEN! 7/2012

Currently looking for a new partner on a 1x1 fantasy RP called Harbour City.
    Let me know if you're interested!

General information

1-on-1 games are the most familiar for me and I'm open to try all sorts of games as long as they're not purely a pairing RP. I'm also an older RPer so darker themes and such are fine with me - as long as it doesn't break WTF RPG's rules and keeps on the tasteful side.

This thread is always open!

What we can play

Offer a game idea of your own of any kind or just tell me you want to RP and we'll discuss about it in the thread.

My game dreams:

Spoiler Spoiler

What I ask from you

♦ You show at least some effort towards correct typing and grammar.
    I'm not a grammar nazi - I just want to understand what your game post says so this shouldn't be a problem at all.
    ♦ You will usually reply within two weeks.
    ♦ If you can't or don't want to play anymore you let me know about it.

NOTICE!
    ♦ I'm not used into games that should be posted in multiple times a day.
    ♦ My English isn't perfect - I appreciate you letting me know if I keep making the same mistake multiple times or if you can't understand what I tried to say.
    ♦ If you prefer RPing via IMs (Yahoo! or MSN) aka charring, go ahead and add me & tell in the IMs what it's about.

I'll update this post when ever something changes, so given information is trustworthy even if it seems old.
    Last edited by Gess Jahd; 07-01-2012 at 05:47 PM.

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night

I'm not sure on what an 1 on 1 game is... I'm also lacking quite much in RP experience...

Anyway... Discworld? The book series by Terry Pratchet (Think that is his name...)? Gigantic turtle on which 4 elephants stands on and those elephants carry the world on their backs? Love that serie!
    Aww.... wish I had seen that Jumper movie. Thought it was cool.

Sorry for rambling in your thread... couldn't help myself.

1 on 1 game means playing with only one other person besides you, as a pair. It is often a lot faster and a bit shorter posts don't affect the game negatively either. You can also more easily discuss about what direction to carry with the game.

Yes, that Discworld exactly.
    I have been reading Terry Pratchett for years and never get enough of his books. I read some in English too, since the translations get done very slowly (they come 4-7 years later by my knowlege). English versions are hard to get too since not too many libraries have them and I don't often have enough money with me when I visit a bookstore, haha.

Jumper is a surprisingly good movie. I didn't think too much of it by what I had heard and was glad to be proven wrong.

Ooh, don't worry at all. I like chatting with people and helping too when ever I can!

I have read a couple of his novels. I usually borrow them from the library but they don't got all books, what I've seen anyway. Did a search on a Internet bookstore; 70+ translated to my language and 300+ on English!

Edit: most of them are out of stock though. (those that are translated)
    Last edited by Brook V; 06-28-2011 at 10:48 PM.

There are many missing from our library and I've been meaning to distance loan those. Haven't got around it yet though.
    The 300+ must include paper backs separately and what not.
    No way he has that many separate books! Maybe around 50 max. On the other hand he has done quite a bunch of related books and comics that aren't novels.

I wish to someday own all of his books. Currently I have none!

There are actually only around 40 or so true disc world books out there, believe it or not. There are tons of Add on's like a real cook book called "Nanny Ogg's Cookbook" and a picture book called "Where's my Cow?" Honestly though, counting his short stories, there are still only between forty and fifty novels. Any how, Terry Pratchet and Disc World are awesome!! I love the humor of those books!

As for Jumper, there was some one (the other neko on here, I believe) who was working on a game based on the Jumper powers set in a post apoc. world. If you'd like, I can try to find that thread so you can add your input ^_~!

Oh my gosh, I really want "Where's My Cow"!! It appeared in 'Thud!' which was a good Vimes featuring novel. >u<
    I like how the stories always have multiple levels and the jokes are usually very clever ones too.

Thank you for letting me know! I am very interested indeed! ^^

lol, I know right? I thought it was awesome that there was a "Where's My Cow?" Book! I don't own it yet, sadly enough, but I would most certainly love to own it one day. I live in a city, but just on the outskirts, there are tons of animals. Every time I, or my friends spot random animals outside, we exclaim loudly "Are you my cow? No! You are a Ship! (or some other silly word for an animal) Where's My Cow?!" Have you seen any of the movies? They are so much fun, I think Going Postal is my favorite movie.

I think I'll swing by the libary and see if they got any books. Last time I was there I didn't find many but they could be at different places or loaned out at the time.
    I thought the 300+ seemed a bit exegerated too.

your library does not allow you to reserve books? Maybe that is an American thing, but I couldn't live with out that feature. If any library in my county owns a particular book I can reserve it, request it be delivered to my local library then get notification when it comes in n.n!

I can reserv books... but I think it only works for the local library. I think there's a way to reserv books from other libaries but I'm not sure.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

(Btw I think we're going a bit off topic now... :P )

Aerion: I should also start playing such a game, haha. ^^
    I have to Google if I could get a sneak peek on what the book looks like!

Brook V: I'm pretty sure that when you distance loan something it sort of reserves it for you in the other library too, so you can get the book fast. At least I think it works like that.

It's completely fine on off-topic too, haha.

Reoccurring NPC
    "Street racing/drifting roleplay (real car knowledge isn't required)"
    I don't think I've read any like that but I think it would be extremely fun. I really don't know much special about cars but I think that story could be really really fun/cute.
    One who encounters tradegy can become a great force.

street racing sounds awesome.

Luneire: I came up with this idea as a fan of Initial D and since I enjoyed the street racing parts in movies Like Tokyo Drift. >u<''
    I really don't know much about cars either, but it is a great setting for friends and foes, great romance, racing naturally... It actually would make a good group RP too but I want to try it in smaller scale first.
    Also while playing, background searching little by little when needed would grow the car knowledge as well.

||TOXYC||: I've tried to get someone to play it with me for ages!

If you guys want to, I can play with you both. Separately, as three player game on forums or we can start full features group RP. ^^

I have to say that my experence in street racing is limited. Don't mean I can't give it a shot. Although I'm not so good at roleplaying at all...

Reoccurring NPC
    It's as Brook said.. I'm not that great at RPing but I do love it.. so if you don't mind me I would love to give it a shot. ^_^!
    I think since we've got the people a small group one for starters would be cool.
    Oh how exciting I better start thinking of what my character should be like~
    >3<

Yea, I think a small group would be great to start out with. *Dances*

Brook V: Don't worry at all. I'm ready to play with all level players and you won't learn unless you practice, yeah? ^__^

Luneire: You're very welcome to! ^^

||TOXYC||: Yeah, I have actually a further idea about this, let me explain...

Since none of us seems to know anything about cars and some are worried about their skills on RPing, we could start a game where a bunch of youngsters decide to start street racing team with what they've got car and knowledge wise (very little). This allows us to practice and learn about cars too little by little without the game suffering from it.

Okay, so... We are starting this off as forum RP or RP system game? If at forums, let's still make all character profiles. So if we want to make this full featured one, it'll be easier and it's also easier to check facts about other's characters.
    If RP system game, I could accept only you and close entering then until we feel like having more members if we ever do.
    Last edited by Gess Jahd; 07-04-2011 at 07:23 PM.

How shall we do these characters?

Let's just type them up to the character pool. When all are finished, we'll create the actual RP.
    I don't think there are any other restrictions than making them possible characters to modern world and young adults who already drive regularly or teens that are trying to get their driver's license (16-30 years old).
    We could have the characters to know each other in advance, but how they know needs to be solved together after all have their characters set up as they wish.

Reoccurring NPC
    Alright Alright I'm freaking out.
    This is gonna be so much fun >_<!
    Ahahah~
    Okay since it's decided, mostly, I'll go start working on creating a character.
    :')
    Then check back up to see ideas of whether we know eachother or just some how ended up together one night and spontaneously made a street racing gang XD.
    I love it.

It's funny that a 1 on 1 quest turned into a small group. I assume we'll have some opponents or even rivals right? Perhaps some NPCs or Law Enforcement?

Luneire: Hahaha, yes, I think so too! ^^
    It's adorable how all are so excited about this. FINALLY found people to play this with me! *happy tears*
    I'm planning my own also. My character planning seems to include a lot of looking DYAC and Failbook though... Well, fail admitted and getting back to work, LOL.

Brook V: It's funny but great too. ^^
    In the beginning it'll be both of those you mentioned. In later times, if this thing grows, maybe someones character gets in fight with the race team owner and makes their own adding one rival more. :d
    The NPC needs to be played by all just typing his actions up as they wish, following some basic parts of his personality, right? Never had NPC in a RP, really. Someone has to tell me how it works. o.o''

I'm working on my character. It's difficult to translate my weight/length system into UK/US system. I got the length good but the weight just seems to be too many values in. Instead I'll use the metric system. If anyone can help me translate correctly tell me.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gess Jahd View Post

Brook V: It's funny but great too. ^^
    In the beginning it'll be both of those you mentioned. In later times, if this thing grows, maybe someones character gets in fight with the race team owner and makes their own adding one rival more. :d
    The NPC needs to be played by all just typing his actions up as they wish, following some basic parts of his personality, right? Never had NPC in a RP, really. Someone has to tell me how it works. o.o''
    I guess an NPC is just a filler part that is needed for some plot details. I guess they don't really need much of an personality as that depends on what we need the NPC to.
    We got to have Law Enforcement too! :P

Reoccurring NPC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    I'm working on my character. It's difficult to translate my weight/length system into UK/US system. I got the length good but the weight just seems to be too many values in. Instead I'll use the metric system. If anyone can help me translate correctly tell me.
    I can attempt. Or you could just try and explain if they are thin/other qualities or a little bit of weight etc..
    Or just tell me a number you think and I'll laugh really hard if I feel you're way off from where you want to be XD. Or if you have a picture I can guess the weight from there <_<

Metric system is the best - I hate changing stuff into the other one too. :'D
    You can easily Google for converters that show it for you. Searches like "kilograms to pounds converter" should work. Especially when written in English you should find them.

But I think it's others turn to use converters if someone. ;D

I usually just describe the body structure and skip marking the exact values.

Brook V: You also can create second character as part of police or so if you wish to. It could be cool too to have someone really playing them who try to chase us down. It takes a while until we get breaking law for real, so that's why it might not be good to have first character in the law enforcement.
    Or you can make your character training as police or something and coming to hunt us others down.
    Last edited by Gess Jahd; 07-04-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Reoccurring NPC
    Okay I must work but I'll try and get her up tonight after work :').
    It'll keep me going..

OK, and there's no deadline to it either. ^^
    I started the character but I'm too tired to finish it. Maybe tomorrow. ^^''

Quote Originally Posted by Gess Jahd View Post
    Metric system is the best - I hate changing stuff into the other one too. :'D
    You can easily Google for converters that show it for you. Searches like "kilograms to pounds converter" should work. Especially when written in English you should find them.

But I think it's others turn to use converters if someone. ;D

I usually just describe the body structure and skip marking the exact values.

Brook V: You also can create second character as part of police or so if you wish to. It could be cool too to have someone really playing them who try to chase us down. It takes a while until we get breaking law for real, so that's why it might not be good to have first character in the law enforcement.
    Or you can make your character training as police or something and coming to hunt us others down.
    I got a converter in my mobile. I'll see if it can convert kilograms to pounds.
    I could make a police guy. But maybe not tonight. My first character is done however. I just need a ava picture now... I don't know if it's any good. You could look at it and say what you think.

@Luneire Two things. When you make you character, make a back up in a doc or txt or something. I had the remember me in but when I tried to save the character I had gotten logged out. Thankfully I had an back-up!
    Secondly I'll modify my values and I also have some body type description. You can look at it and say if it's ok or not.