Login to your account

Don't Let Your Hope Fade - Closed

A tale of seven heroes who came in a time of darkness and fought when no one else would.......

Tags: adventure, betrayal, dark, drama, elements, fantasy, good vs evil, heroes, hope, light, magical, right vs wrong, romance, saving the world, saviors

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 61 to 90 of 328

1. Characters in this post:
    Teresa stopped mid turn, her auburn curls bouncing trying to escape a complicated hair-do that held them pinned to her her head, and skirts crinkling still. "It's a pleasure to meet you Kyle Alan Gear" she gave the barest of nods, he was certainly not la' Ronk, and even if she was mistaken he was below her rank, he didn't deserve the full blown curtsey Jenny Lynn did.

"Now if you excuse me i'll just go ask my father, and pack, and i suppose change clothes" she looked down at her dress, smoothing it with her hands. "It really won't take but a minute, i can meet you right back here?" while she kept her voice calm with years of court training, excitement made her speak a little faster then normal.

She figured if she didn't find her father in his study, she would just write him a note and leave it there. Its not that he could deny her this time, and that way he wouldn't worry. it would be just like asking permission since he couldn't say no. And then she'd be off to have adventures and see the world, which was new and exciting.

2. Characters in this post:
    Well at least they listened to her, there was that. She stepped aside and let the others bicker for a few moments, although they all seemed to agree with her. And oddly enough, she saw something flicker in Nick's eye, like he was looking at her with less hate. Perhaps, for the moment, he would retract his claws and allow the group a little peace. Rynn had assented with both Adam and Jenna as they spoke, she knew she liked those two.

Thankfully enough, a young woman came bounding up to them before any decisions would have to be made. At least the woman's loud introduction shut off all the bickering. Rynn would have likely singed everyone a moment later to get them to calm down. She turned to water, smirking at her.

"Nonsense, you're just on time! We were about to depart and you managed to just catch us." She grinned, her voice was a lighthearted tease, less an angry sound and more of an amused one. "Nice to meet you Gavyn, sorry you had to see us in so... unflattering a moment. We are experiencing a few.... growing pains? Not everyone has been able to get along quite so well, and it was just coming to a head. I'm Rynn by the way, fire, at your service." she smiled again.

And then she found herself quite momentarily blinded, her eyes going over to Kris accusingly, but then calming a bit as she saw that the girl hadn't meant to do that. "Well... now that we have shown a beautiful beacon of light on our location, I suggest it is time to move on to New Vega." Rynn nodded with a grin, twirling a little string of fire between her fingertips. "Sorry to rush us off so soon after your arrival Gavyn, but we do need to make haste. I'm sure you'll become aquainted with everyone on the way."

3. Characters in this post:
    Kris hung her head a bit as she caught the angr glare and sarcastic comment from Rynn. Great, another enemy. She hadn't meant it, honestly. Her powers just... Did things on their own. She never meant to broadcast their location, but he woman was right. She kind of had.

"Sorry."
    she mumbled softly.

See this was exactly why she didn't tell anyone her name. She wasn't going to make friends here. She would only screw things up and piss everyone off. Why I've them a name when they would likely forget it in mere moments. Kris still couldn't figure out why she had wanted to connect so much with Nick. Not even romantically, just as friends. They were compliments, they were based off one another. It would only make sense, yet she seemed to be screwing that up as well.

Shrinking into the background, away from the others, she avoided eye contact and merely waited for something to do. Waited for there new leader to lead. Rynn was better than she was. Never useless, Rynn could use her ability whenever she wanted, and she probably had more control of her powers too.

4. Characters in this post:

She's hot. I wonder if... oh, hmmm? Rynn's looking at me. Maybe I should smile? Whoa... bright light. Blinding white light. Okay... what the fuck was that for? Angel? God, she's more emo than me. Maybe I should... ugh, but if I do then... ugh. Fucked either way.
    With his hands sliding into his pockets, the male nonchalantly strolled over to Kris. Once beside her, the male leaned into her. A smile was painted on his face and his red eyes seemed less menacing. For once, they almost looked 'normal.' There wasn't a visible hidden agenda and there wasn't a scowl or even a frown.

Tugging at her hair, the male watched her face. She still seemed distraught and distant. Looking from Rynn to Jenna to Gavyn to Kris, he sighed. His eyes almost hinted that he had admitted defeat. Just what was the male thinking? And why was he so silent? Surely his mind was thinking dark and twisted, right? Wrong! He was actually trying to figure out a way to put a smile on Kris' face. With only one scenario playing in his mind, the male executed his vision.

The bridge of his nose bumped lightly into her cheek. Sliding to her ears, he said the first thing that came to mind. "Smile. You're prettier when you're happy." Being twice her size, it probably looked like the male was swallowing poor Kris whole, but he wasn't! His arms wrapped around her for a snug embrace. A slight pink hue could be made out on his cheeks as he held the woman intimately.

His mind had so many things it wanted to say, but he knew now was not a time to speak. The stillness in the air was refreshing. Granted, he knew it was his fault the air was always thick enough to cut. Still wearing his smile, he turned to look at Rynn. The look that played on her face caused the male to break into a laugh.

"What? I can be sweet when I need to. Though... I'm not... well... yeah. Ummm... Angel, please stop being the emo. That's my job. If you're sad, that means I have to be happy. And I look fucked up when I'm happy. See!" A cheesy grin broke onto his slender face.

Snapping his head toward Gavyn, the male bit his tongue before speaking. He wanted to say, "Don't worry, sweetheart, you'll get some loving next." Refraining from that, Nick peacefully spoke. "Mr. Doom and Gloom, Nicholas Allen Fusion, at your service, my lady." Releasing Kris, the male bent into a sweeping bow. As he rose, he walked over to Adam and looked the male dead in the eyes. "You and I, I can foresee a great friendship between us. As for you," he said turning to Li'ing, "I'm sorry about early. In all honestly, I think it would be neat to wear a tiara. At least you could demand respect. After all, royals wear crowns like that."

One left. Well, technically two... but I can't kiss them both.
    "Boss," he said approaching Rynn "I think it's time we start heading out. The more time we waste here, the more time we allow for the la'Ronk to arrive." Brushing past her, the male whispered only high enough that she might pick up a few bits and pieces (or the whole thing if she was paying attention). "You know, you don't have to be jealous. You're beautiful in your own way." With a quick wink, he returned to Kris' side. Jabbing her cheek with his pinky, he shrugged. "I'm hungry... I blame that on my sudden mood swing...."

5. Characters in this post:
    Kris's eyes flashed up to Nick as he walked over beside her. This couldn't be good. He started playing with her hair, she merely batted his hand away, rather effortlessly, not exactly caring what he was doing. It was more habit. That was when his face inched closer, even before his nose hit her cheek, a light lick covered her own cheeks. His words stopped her, eyes getting wide a moment. Compliments weren't exactly something she was used to.

A startled cry escaped her lips as Nick wrapped his arms around her and lifted her off the ground. He was a good bit taller than she and she wasn't so used to being so high. Her face turned an even brighter cherry red as Nick held on to her and looked around. It was definitely new, but she found she rather liked his arms around her.

He finally set her down and Kris straightened out her skirt.c"I'm not emo I just... I hate when I mess up." she half mumbled as she tried to explain. His embrace and sudden shift of demeanor seemed to lighten the mood. Kris felt a smile trying to tug it's way onto her face but she held it back. For now.

Nick went around briefly addressing everyone, trying to get them all back on the good side so that they could move. Her returning good mood was soured briefly hearing nick cast out more compliments to the other girl. She shouldn't have cared, but for some reason it irked her. Taking a deep breath she tried to let the thought slip off.

Her eyes reopened when his finger poked her cheek. Turning her head she snapped her pearly whites at his finger, just missing. "You should be careful where ou poke that. You might not get it back." she let a small smile show as she looked up at him.

Maybe she hadn't screwed things up with him as much as she thought she had. Hopefully things would keep getting better. Hopefully. "If you are hungry you should have eaten the other half of my apple from earlier."she said simply, her tone not suggesting it, but she was teasing.

6. Characters in this post:
    Adam agreed with Jenna arguing was getting everyone no where, he was sick of Nick advancing on Kris. But now wasn't the time or place to get angry the anger in the room already was so thick a knife would cut it.

Adam moved his hand in a circular motion causing all the seeds on the ground to collect in his hand. He re-opened the bag they came in and carefully put them back in and re-attached it to his belt. He then re-sheathed his Bow Staff to his back

Adam walked over to Gavyn, lowered his hood, and introduced himself "Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you Gavyn. My name is Adam Celt Earth Elementalist. Glad you got here when you did, I'm quite certain Rynn is about to singe off Nick's eyebrows if he makes one more snarky comment."

Adam stepped away from Gavyn and stepped in the middle of the room and raised his voice "Well now that our ragtag group of heroes is assembled I suggest we A) Stop all this arguing and B) Leave before the la'Ronk get her." He turned to Rynn "Captain" ushering his hand towards the door.

He then turned and began heading out the door.

7. Characters in this post:
    The grimace Rynn had been wearing when she first entered Ka'Lent returned to her lips as she watched Nick attach himself to Kris like a tick to a dog. She sighed, casting her gaze anywhere but on the brooding couple before her. She wasn't sure how more of this she could take.

"Ugh... I've seen about enough of that for one lifetime, thank you very much Light and Nick for proceeding to restrain your untameable animal urges. We really don't need that right now." She smirked at the two of them, and shortly thereafter Nick had walked away, proceeding past her and making some flirty remark in her ear. She simply scoffed, turning towards Adam who seemed to have the right idea.

"Did you hear the man? Let's go." she said, having no more patience for Kris and Nick and walking outside to catch up with Adam, making a small comment to him only "Disgusting, aren't they? she grinned, saying it before the others could catch up.

8. Characters in this post:
    ((WOw....short post /fail))

Looking over to Gavyn, Jenna flashed the girl a smile and waved. "Hey there Gavyn I'm Jenna, lightning." Then as she glance at the new "couple" Jenna shook her head. Light and Darkness coming together. This was just going to be a joy. Jenna glanced around at everyone else and wondered how they were all going to get along.

As Adam and Rynn walked outside Jenna followed after them. Sneaking up to the side of Rynn, Jenna replied to what she wasn't suppose to have heard. "I have to agree with that sentiment," she said with a grin. Twisting her staff it slid back to it's smaller size and she tucked it back in her boot. She pushed the sides of her cloak off her shoulders so she wasn't hidden behind it. Nick had told them to look like normal people and not like they were hiding.

9. Characters in this post:
    After her little outburst she had begun nervously braiding the strands of hair that were tied together by one of her ribbons just beside her ear. All the attention on her had brought her nervous habit to the surface as she nervously scanned the faces before her.

Those wide eyes of hers were soon blinded by the fair skinned, blonde girl not but a few steps in front of her. "Oh my..." She blocked her eyes with her forearm for a moment but the girl tried to adjust her eyes to the light so she could catch glimpse of this phenomenon. She must be the Heroine of Light, Gavyn thought. That power was amazing, and quite strong.

Once the brilliant light dimmed down, she was soon greeted by what had to be the leader of the group. The red head had the spirit of a leader, and possessed an air of beauty and maturity far beyond her own, she was also quite nice. Happily greeting her triggered a sigh of relief within Gavyn. It was something about the situation she had walked into, but she was very glad to have come late. Being caught up in heated arguments like that tends to scare the little mouse into hiding.

But of course, she is the Heroine of Fire... oddly fitting physically but it somehow fit her personality well, from what she had gathered upon a first impression.

It wasn't long before another introduction came along, his name was Nicholas and he seemed like quite the gentleman, the way he was treating the group since she arrived, which was far from what she would assume from his looks. He had to be the Hero of Darkness, he looked like the Prince of Darkness to be quite honest, but the way he smiled and the way he treated the Heroine of Light was too kind for his element.

He mentioned the la'Ronk, that was when Gavyn knew it was time to leave. The threat of running into them worried her, even though she was much more powerful now that she had come to meet her group, or at least half of them formally.

Gavyn was greeted by the smile of the Hero of Earth, who was as equally formal and polite as the previous male who greeted her. Things were going rather smoothly, but were Rynn and Nick really not getting along that well? Perhaps she hadn't seen them at there worst, but surely this was a stressful situation to handle and keep composure under. "Really? He seemed quite nice...hmm..." she peeped finally bringing her fidgeting fingers to her sides as she followed behind Rynn.

10. Characters in this post:
    These two are such a riot! Look at her, she's bubbling over with excitement. And my oh my, is she polite. Cute as a button, too! And Kyle, he's a rather handsome brute. I am looking forward to tagging along with these two. It's been forever since I last explored the world and it's been even longer since... I last saw... the Fusions. I wonder how Nick is doing....

When she caught a glimpse of Teresa leaving, the woman objected. "Nonsense. Allow us the pleasure of joining you. I'm sure your father would be most honored to know that I am taking you under my wing. Besides, it'll only further insure that you will accompany us. I would hate to be the only female on this adventure. Whoever would I gossip with?"

With a grin being worn from ear to ear, she tagged along behind the woman, beckoning Kyle to join them on this little hunt. Her blonde hair was in her eyes some, but it didn't hid the joy that sparkled in her beautiful blue eyes. Even her facial muscles were smiling, well, they were making her smile far more warming and friendly.

11. Characters in this post:
    Blinking as if he were one of those 'home-side-characters" that were unimportant to the story line, he just watched as everyone filed out of the castle and began their journey without him. His hands immediately mounted on his hips and a frown caused his forehead to wrinkle some.

"Oh sure, yeah, let's leave the guy who knows the location of his friend behind. Brilliant plan! Let's show up at the doorstep of the enemy because we didn't want to wait for Nick. Jeez, what am I? Someone you can just cast away and expect to return? I'm not a pest... oh no... wait, I am. Huh, I really am one of those annoying bugs you can't get rid of. I come back like I'm some short of disease. Nothing you do will shake me from your body... ha ha ha... body... shaking. Heh, I need to stop being so perverted. Uhhhh... crap, now they are out of sight. I talk too much. Le sigh."

Just as he was about to take a step forward, the male recalled he was not alone. His head tipped down and looked at Kris' face. Great, she must think I'm mentally insane... talking to myself. Real smooth dude, real smooth. Head cocked slightly to the side, he took in the brief moment he was left alone with Kris. Though his body begged him to pin the woman against the wall and make love to her passionately, the male knew doing such an act would require some more preparation. Besides, he had just met the woman a few hours ago.

Cupping her cheek in his hand, Nick placed a kiss on Kris' forehead. It wasn't anything too flamboyant, but it was enough to show the woman he cared about her. Though, the intensity was up for interpretation. With his lips still rested on her forehead, the male fought off the sudden urge to undress her. Though it seemed like his sheer willpower was winning, it would soon be noted that his body had, in fact, managed to pin her to a wall.

Subconsciously walking her toward the off-white marble walls, Nick's hands slid down to her hips. However, they didn't stay there for very long. His left hand was planted on the wall behind the two while his right hand suddenly appeared beside the woman's chin. Tilting her head up (he used her chin as a steering wheel), the male pressed his soft lips against hers.

The initial contact immediately sent a shiver down his spine. Eyes dilating and heart skipping a beat, the male stumbled backwards after he realized just what he had done. A deep red blush shaded his face as he looked away. Cussing to himself, he did the next logical thing - ran after the group. Leaving Kris dumbfounded and awe-struck wasn't the smartest move from the male, but he honestly didn't want to stick around to find out what actions would follow. He half-feared nudity was in the future, so rather than 'raping' the woman (note the quotes), he decided it was time to regroup with the idiots who were, to his dismay, heading in the wrong direction.

"Uhhh, not to rain on your parade, but we're going the wrong way. The house I'm talking about is this way," he said pointing in the direction they all just came from. "But if you want to go that way... we can. It'll just require one hell of a detour."

Walking up beside Gavyn and Rynn, the male smiled. "Pardon my delayed following. I was trying to map out the house's location in my head. When I finally came to I realized everyone had left. Erm, and since we have to walk back that way, we can also pick Angel back up. You seemed to leave her behind too." As soon as the words slipped from his tongue, he immediately covered his mouth and picked his brain for the right recovery. "N-not that it's a bad thing! I... I guess I should have dragged her along. She probably stayed back to make sure I ended up tagging along. Ha ha. You know me, I'm never one to follow commands..."

I need to get on Rynn's good side. If I hang out with Angel too much, I'll end up falling for her. I can't let that happen. I need to stay on the market so I can flirt around. Ya know, find the right woman. I think Angel might be too prude for me. Her innocence far surpasses mine. And, like her... or so I assume, I've not done much with the opposite sex. Hell, I just had my first kiss without even knowing it. Ugh, I just keep getting myself into trouble. Maybe I should just handcuff myself to Rynn... kinky. Ha ha!

"I think I need to be handcuffed to someone responsible.... to keep me out of trouble," he hadn't meant to say it aloud, but it just sort of happened. Shrugging it off, as he prayed no one was listening, he fell behind the group so that he would bring up the rear. In the back, he was less likely to start fights. It also allowed him to gawk at some fine asses.

12. Characters in this post:
    Hearing Jenna walk up beside her and comment on what she'd said to Adam, Rynn grinned. They were quite on the same page. She hadn't walked very far when she looked over her shoulder and saw Gavyn come up, commenting on Nick. Her comment, of course, elicited a bemused chuckle from the redhead.

"He only seemed nice because you walked in on the tail end. Also he probably wants to get with you. Seems to be a bit of a ladies' man." Rynn cast a glance at Gavyn, a smirk still on her lips, though the smirk was not at Gavyn's expense, it was Rynn's default facial expression "Just to give you an idea of how nice he is, the first thing he said to me was 'does it look like this face cares who or what you are?' Charming man, really."

A moment or so later, she heard Nick bound up and stopped as he spoke, telling them they'd left Kris behind (leaving Kris and Nick behind would have been a perfectly acceptable course of action had not all seven of them been needed). Although the fact that they were going the wrong way was a bit of concern. "I just assumed you two were intelligent enough to follow rather than stand around blushing at each other." a grin crossed her lips, her bemusement at Nick showing in her facial expression "I mean I thought it was a pretty simple course of action. We'd been talking about leaving for like ten minutes, and the only way we were going to get anywhere was if someone actually started moving. But we can wait for Kris to catch up, considering you didn't think to bring her either."

A scoff mixed with a laugh came from the attractive redhead's lips "Handcuffed to someone? I would have thought that would be the worst thing for you, considering how much you don't like people. Not to mention it would hinder your fighting ability immensely." Another grin as she waited for Kris's appearance or his response, whichever came first.

13. Characters in this post:
    Kris watched as the others finly started moving. She frowned though, sensing the Rotherham woman's strong distaste for the odd relationship forming between her and Nick. That's when the man beside her started rambling. It was actually rather cute. She couldn't help but smile. Before she could suggest that they move to cath up with the others though, Nick leaned over and pressed a kiss to her forehead. Kris hadn't been expecting it.

A pink hue covered her cheeks as she looked up at the man who was now pinning her to the wall. Her heart was pounding, blocking out everything but him. She had no idea what to do, but was it wrong that she liked this?

His hands guided her before moving to direct her chin. Bright eyes trained on his lips watched them get closer and closer before they finally connected, her eyes now closed. Instantly all breath seemed to flee from her.her heart almost stopped and her knees grew weak, so much so she almost let let buckle beneath her. Lost in the small moment, her eyes didn't snap open until his lips left hers.

The color on her face probably matched his as they stared at one another. Then he took off and left her alone there. Heart still pounding she leans back against the wall and tried to make sense of what had just taken place. She knew this mission would come with a lot of firsts for her, but she never expected her first kiss to come with it.

Now she couldn't really deny that she felt something a bit more for the man. But how was she supposed to procede from here? She ran her hands through her hair, still a bit frazzled. She could taste him on he lips. Was that even possile?

Shaking her head she glanced around. oh right... I might wasn't to catc up. she tried to cool her face down but he redness would be impossible to hide. Then she walked off, her short legs urgin her to hurry to catch up before the others left her behind for good. But would Nick let them?

14. Characters in this post:
    As if the first time blushing wasn't bad enough, this second blush that was brought on by the handcuff comment cause Nick off guard. How could Rynn joke at something like that! Not only was he enjoying the thought of being handcuffed to the woman, but he also managed to, subconsciously, walk over and stand beside her. Twisting his wrists up, he looked at the woman with slightly dazzled eyes. It was almost as if his mind was set on autopilot. He was actually presenting his arms to be cuffed to someone (he was hoping it would be Rynn).

Though, as soon as he lifted his arms up, he dropped them to his side and shook his head several times. It was almost as if he were shaking water off like a wet dog. Shuddering a few times, his oval-shaped eyes locked with hers for what seemed like years.

Even though they were a shade of jade, they boar the familiarity of a flame. There was a burning passion in her eyes. They sparkled and cracked with each wavering movement they took. The lashes that decorated her eyes were flawless and without a single lash out of place. Each was placed perfectly on the lid. As if they were trained soldiers, they moved in unison as she blinked. Mystified by her eyes, the male found himself a little closer to her than he wanted to be. Though her body was emitting heat, the male still felt like ice beside her. Perhaps it was the difference in their personalities. She was fervid, spirited, and warm. He was caustic, sullen, and cold.

Not a word came from his mouth. Unsure how to form words, he just sunk back and bit his tongue. Spineless coward, he cussed to himself. How was he allowing such a woman to subdue him. She was winning in a battle he had started. Even though his distaste for her burned brighter than any flame she could muster up, his heart seemed content and almost at peace with her. She wasn't, for the most part, that bad. Wishing he had behaved better earlier, he wondered if there was going to be a chance to recovery their rocked relationship. Though he foresaw it wouldn't get further than friendship, he still couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to taste her lips and to feel the warmth of her body against his own. In a way, the two were alike. And yet, at the same time, they were total opposite.

15. Characters in this post:
    And then he was so near to her, so close, presenting himself as if he wanted her to produce handcuffs and chain them together. Such an odd action on his part, completely unexpected by the flame standing before him. She cast her eyes to his hands for a moment, a quizzical expression appearing within them. What was he doing? She cocked her head to the side slightly, silently asking him what was occurring.

Her eyes were but a moment later taken captive by his own. She stared in the depths of his crimson ones just as deeply as he bore into hers. The electricity of the moment shocked her, her gaze reflected every question running through her mind. What was he doing? Why as was he staring at her so? What was he thinking? She didn't understand, but Rynn refused to look away. She never backed down from a gaze, but even if she'd wanted to break it, Rynn felt like she didn't have a choice, as if her eyes were locked there for the eternity within which he chose to gaze at her.

The woman searched his gaze, curious as to the lack of emotion in his eyes, though there was something there that she hadn't suspected, some semblence of feelings, some semblence of a personality beneath the glamour of hate and pain and cold and dead. Perhaps she had been mistaken, perhaps Nick was capable of emotion, but was just guarded to let it show. He hid behind his cold walls, acting on any animal or negative instinct that chose to rear its head, but never acting on anything that made him truly vulnerable. But in that one moment between the two, Fire and Dark, Rynn could see a small crack in the facade Nick so adamantly upheld. Perhaps she should give him a chance to prove to her that he wasn't a cold monster, that he could be helpful, could become something of a friend at some point in time.

And then he backed off the gaze, stepping back into the proverbial shadows he cloaked himself in. Rynn parted her lips to say something as she gaze at him, to tell him of her realization, but the moment had passed and the words wouldn't come. And then everything came back to her, Kris standing right near them, likely watching their silent exchange with a hurt and a jealousy equal and to Rynn and Nick's mutual amazement at discovering the power of each other's gazes. But Kris had nothing to fear, Rynn's heart had not fallen for Nick in that time, no, she'd simply realized that there was more to him and perhaps she shouldn't jump so quickly to casting him in the role into which he was already so vested. Perhaps she should take a second glance, give him the oppurtunity to become more than the wretch in the corner. And so, for the last moment that Rynn held his gaze, something in her own softened, telling him that, perhaps, he had the oppurtunity to prove himself more than his behavior.

And after that moment, Rynn returned her look to the group, hoping that they didn't notice the incredible momentary tension between the two.

16. Characters in this post:
    "Of course the pleasure is mine. Its right this way." Teresa led the way back through the the Royal Court to her family's suite It was horribly long walk, but it was long enough for the girl to become nervous. What ifs swirled through her head all more unlikely then the last. And what did Jenny Lynn mean take her under her wing. As they reached the door she paused "My famiy's rooms are just through here, May i personally welcome you to the Relline Residence. She opened the door allowing the guests to step through before her with a slight curtsey. After everyone entered she closed the door behind them.

This is it she thought, i just invited one of the most powerful Mon la'Ronk in all of Kishmal to my home. This could be interesting. Still smiling and polite, Teresa beckoned both of her guests to follow her down another smaller hallway. " My Father's study is right down this way, he was home when i left so he still should be here." Reaching a sturdy wooden door, she knocked politely, but opened the door before she could get a response. Technically not proper manners, but she was excited and father never punished her. luckily her father was sitting at the desk writing a letter. From the door way she gave the proper curtsey from daughter to father. stepping into the room, "Excuse me father may i present to you my companions,
    Miss Jenny Lynn Walker of the mon La'Ronk and Mr. Kyle Alan Gear.
    to her companions she added, "this is my father James Relline."

17. Characters in this post:
    The way Rynn had snickered at what Gavyn had just said caught her off for a moment. Casting her gaze over at that smirk of hers she blinked not fully understanding until she used the term "ladies man" sending her nose and brows to crinkle as her lips puckered out in distaste. Him? Really? I wonder which face of his holds true? The girl tended to ponder a lot inside her own skull as opposed to actually formulating conversation so she nodded in silence, clearly mulling over the story the red head had just given her.

Those thoughts were interrupted by Nick, suddenly bursting up behind them to warn them of venturing in the wrong direction. "Eh.. Oh... I was sort of just, following along..." Pressing her lips together she gazed down at her feet and smiled to herself, it was easy to follow Rynn around, she just seemed like she would always be right. I wonder what it's like to be a leader like that? Although Rynn and Gavyn stood at the same height, they carried themselves in a completely different manner.

Rynn swayed as she walked, her shoulders strutting alongside her proudly standing neck that held her head high. Her strides were smooth and confident, nothing like her brunette counterpart. Gavyn had a tendency to keep her long arms close to herself, and due to her high rate of clumsy moments she walks with her eyes to the ground to provide extra precaution to avoid falling on her face. It didn't help she had a tendency to hide her face under her long wavy strands of chestnut colored hair. Maybe if she spent more time around someone with a personality like Rynns she would be able to take a few pages from her book.

But at that very moment something was happening, between Nick and Rynn... something that was hard to explain. It was strange, the feelings emulating off of their skin were filling up the air around them as their eyes practically shot off sparks between each other. The feeling was so strong, Gavyn had to take a step back and to try and keep her attention off their moment her frantic sapphire eyes stared into her satchel as she 'pretended' to look around for something, but was just fumbling her hand around the various trinkets and food stuffs she had cooked and baked before departing inside the cloth bag.

Romantic expressions like that made her all too uncomfortable, which was sad for someone who was almost 20 years of age. Call her a late bloomer, or maybe just painfully shy to the world of romance, but something was brewing between the two elements before her and it was making Gavyn come off even more awkward than usual.

18. Characters in this post:
    Kris caught the tail end of Nick and Rynn's exchange. Instantly she felt sick. She couldn't really explain it. Was Nick just messing with her? Was that kiss just his idea of some twisted joke? No... she saw that same completely confused look in his eyes. He hadn't been expecting to kiss her.

Chewing on her lip she filed into the group, still quite red faced. She went to the back of the group. She needed time to think. Time to try and understand it all. Damn it. It was never supossed to be this complicated. She silently wished that Jacob was there. She could have talked to her brother about anything. He'd never get mad at her, he'd simply try to listen and help her understand.

Her eyes flitted up and landed on Rynn and Nick for a moment before finding the back of Adam's head. He reminded her a lot of Jacob. But she didn't really know him. Still, maybe he'd be a good person to talk to... but.... Kris didn't talk to peoploe besides her brother. It was so hard to open up like that.

Letting out a frustrated sigh she turned to look at them all. They had stopped for the little staring contest those two had and were probably waiting on her, but they should be moving again.

"Well, are we going to go or have more staring contests with one another?" She asked, averting her eyes. Rynn already disliked her, and Kris had a feeling her little comments weren't going to win the other woman over. She really just needed some alone time to think, too bad she wasn't going to get any of that till this stupid mission was over.

19. Characters in this post:
    Kyle nodded at the invitation to follow Ms Relline to her home. He followed slowly, careful not to tread on the noble woman's dress. He stepped quietly as always. He was a trained assassin, it was part of the job description to be extremely quiet, in your voice and your steps. He barely made a sound the entire trip and his mind wandered back to his first kill.

It had been very quiet night in Ka'lent City. His father was snug in the bed of at a friend's house, accompanied by a woman. That only enraged Kyle further. It was not even the man's wife. Another courtesan. He had brought a new one to his home more than once. With his wife home. The Arrogant man had to be killed. This wasn't just a deed of revenge. This would cleanse the world of one more asshole. He didn't know it at the time but he was also killing a retired Kni la'Ronk. He jumped the gap to the window and smirked. The courtesan had begun to stir. He walked over to her, lifted her out of the be and made a simple statement. "Leave." She immediately left, seeing the look on Kyle's face and the sword, which was already drawn. Raven had taught him never to stab someone in the back, for it would only dishonor them both. He also said to allow them last words. He woke the man by rolling him off the bed. He gave the man the opportunity to have his last words, but the man just spat at him, claiming the boy didn't have the guts to kill. Boy was he wrong. Kyle sliced the man's throat, stepping out of the way so the blood wouldn't get on his clothes. It was hard to explain having your clothes covered in blood. He let the man drop and, carefully watching out for the blood, he waled over to the night stand and placed a piece of paper with a simply mark on it. He jumped from the window he came through and went to his mother's death bed just before she died.

Coming out of his flash back, Kyle realized they were in the Relline household and in the father's study. He bowed politely but stayed silent.

20. Characters in this post:
    Adam walked next to Rynn wanting to get out of the city as soon as they all could before the la'Ronk got there. The walk was somewhat quiet until Nick came up and said they were going the wrong way. Adam chuckled to himself just now realizing be began walking with no idea where he was going. He was happy go see that Nick was able to pry himself off of Light. Adam's face turned onto a scowl just at the thought of Nick on top of her. Not because he himself had feelings for Light but she looked so much like his sister and hated seeing someone like Nick advancing on her.

His face resumed it's usual happy expression as he kept walking he glanced over to Rynn and noticed the intense staring contest between her and Nick. "Careful Rynn if you stare to long you'll catch the bitterness, and you twos staring contest is weirding me out immensely so I'm going to fall back." Adam fell back and noticed Gavyn's face she looked somewhat distraught.

This saddened Adam, Gavyn seemed like a nice person but probably felt somewhat left out. She hadn't been that late meeting up with everyone but a lot had happened. Adam slightly frowned at the thought of someone feeling alone in the group, he made his way over to her and in a friendly tone said

"Sorry you kind of got thrown into this...hmm...for lack of a better word mess of a situation, you didn't really have a chance to meet everyone. You doing okay?"

21. Characters in this post:
    After mentally fighting with himself, Nick dropped to one knee. Taking Rynn's hands into his own, he looked up at the female. "Rynn, my love, will your m-m-m-marr-marry m-m-me... ha ha ha ha ha! I can't ask you that with a straight face. I was just trying to make the awkward moment more awkward, but I couldn't keep a straight face."

Of course all the others were completely bewildered by what had just happened. Some thought a romance was brewing, another believed a level of trust was formed, and there might even be a few that recognized a moment of understanding and resentment for past actions. Though he was still on the ground, Nick didn't waver from his position. Her porcelain-like hands were still daintily clutched in his own smooth hands. This time Nick was in full control of his actions. His thumb stroked the top part of her hand as he awaited her refusal.

Although he was joking, there was a piece of him that was truly sincere about the question that randomly popped out of nowhere. He knew he had only just met her and that they were opposites in their own way, but he couldn't help but find a deep-pitched connection to the woman. Whenever he sought advice or guidance, he would, without a doubt, turn to Rynn.

When it finally hit him that they were just looking foolish before the eyes of the public, Nick snapped to his feet and slung an arm around Rynn's neck. "Ha ha. Nothing to see here, right? We're just rehearsing for the Kittmund Festival. We're hoping to take first prize with our skit! Be sure to cast your votes our way," bowing, Nick did not expect the applaud that suddenly followed.

"We shall all await to see the play in its entirety. But, next time, kiss the woman. Asking her to marry you was a little cliche. A kiss would have been more fitting," suggested one woman.

"I deep throated passionate one! That would have been great!"

Frozen, a nice red blush line became highly visible on Nick's face. "I suppose it can't get any more awkward, right?" he said turning to look Rynn in the eyes. Though, as soon as he did, he regretted it. His knees trembled some as his complexion got a little clammy. Even his lower lip trembled with the thought of connecting with those eyes again.

It was not the eyes that scared him. No, such a thing would be foolish. But rather, the person that owned those eyes had set him in a state of panic. He felt so naked around her. How was she able to see him in another light. Knowing that there was more to him really tipped the male over the edge.

Dipping his eyes down, he soon found himself flushed, again! Expecting a slap for gazing down her at her bosom, the male clenched his fists and stiffened his back. "Okay, you can hit me now," he said behind barred teeth.

22. Characters in this post:
    She couldn't deal with this. Not with the way Nick was acting. Did all men act this way? She shook her head as the crowd applauded his antics. Great, just what they needed, more people noticing them. Perfect, just fricking perfect.

She was having a hard time dealing with her frustration. Her eye brow twitched as she tried to keep herself under control. There was no way she could put up with this for long. She needed to have it out with Nick before she lost her sanity because of him.

Bright eyes flitted to where Adam spoke with Gavyn. He found someone else to act brotherly with. So she was left out, again. Oh well, she could deal. she had done it before right? She could go on again alone.

Spinning on her heal she took off in the direction that Nick had pointed them in. If Rynn wasn't going to get them moving, she wasn't going to stick around and be the center of attention to the crowds of people here. They needed to blend, not stick out. What was Nick thinking?

Not really paying attention to if the others noticed, she walked, and headed towards their next destination. If they were smart they'd follow, but at the moment, Kris didn't really care.

23. Characters in this post:
    "Greetings, Sir James Relline. I am honored to be standing in your humble home. Might I be allow the chance to take your daughter out on an adventure with myself. As you know, we Mon la'Ronk are searching for the accursed heroes and I thought your daughter might make a nice addition to the team. She has much to learn if she wishes to be among the royal. If it is all right with you, I would like to take her under my wing and teach her the ways of the Mon la'Ronk. I can foresee her talents becoming vital in the near future."

Bowing, the blonde took a gracious step back. She knew, without a doubt, the man would say yes. But, to sweeten the offer, she added another quick comment. "I will be providing her with compensation for this. She shall learn how to cook, clean, and fight. The three things every woman should know. For if a man were to ever step out of line, she would need to defend herself. Furthermore, I will guarantee her safety. Harm shall not come to this lady." Another bow immediately followed.

Kyle is oddly quiet. I wonder what is playing in that mind of his. As, perhaps he is thinking about the kill that is ahead. If my thoughts and calculations are correct, those meddling kids haven't even left Dawn Castle. Or if they have, then they haven't gone much farther. With such a diverse group, I find it hard that they get along right off the bat.

Not paying an ounce of attention to Mr. Relline's response, the woman turned to exit the house. Her brilliant blues were focused on the journey ahead. Though they rippled with passion for the fight, there was also a hint of concern. A lighter shade of blue dipped into her eye and almost hinted that she was sad. Perhaps not sad, but worried. She was, in fact, worried about Nicholas A. Fusion. Though she knew the boy had suffered a lot, she had no idea he was a hero. She knew he suffered and she was fearful that he had fallen. Clutching the necklace the boy had made for her years ago, Jenny Lynn drew out her sword.

"Nicholas. I will find you. I won't let the cruel world taint your innocent heart." With that vow being made, she stepped from the house and began down the cobblestone path. Even if Kyle and Teresa weren't following, she wasn't going to waste another minute worrying about the boy. I wonder what he looks like now. Has he grown... more beautiful. Does he... look like Deks?

24. Characters in this post:
    Watching Rynn and Gavyn converse with each other Jenna listened and couldn't help but smile. Rynn really had Nick pinned there. Then when Nick came up to them and told them they were going the wrong way she frowned. Of course they were because they had no idea where they were going. She started to wonder what happened to him and Kris, why there were so far behind. Not even wanting to think about it Jenna shook her head and shuddered.

Then when Rynn and Nick got into a staring contest Jenna couldn't help but watch. What in the world is wrong with them.. she thought to herself. Why were they staring at each other like something was going on? Befuddled Jenna shook her head once more then glanced at Kris as she walked up. Uh oh..now that's going to be trouble.. her earrings whispered to her. Jenna couldn't help but agree with her sister. Ever since she had gotten her earrings it spoke in the voice of her dead sister.

Hearing Adam's words Jenna couldn't cover up that laughter that came out of her mouth. Then when Adam asked Rynn to marry her she laughed even harder. Clutching her stomach and bending over she continued to laugh. "Oh..wow, you guys are to funny," she said when she could finally speak. Jenna was only lightly chuckling now as she straightened up. "Light is right we need to get going." Jenna had noticed that Light hadn't gave them her name yet. But it was her choice so she would just call her Light from now on. Giving them all one last look she turned around and started walking off towards Kris. Humming to herself as she walked Jenna began to slowly dance her way forward. She tended to do that often when she was bored or needed to calm down. As she twirled and dipped and swayed her body, she was completely graceful. You could tell that dancing was in her blood and that she was very good at it.

25. Characters in this post:
    "Ah!" She jumped sending one of her wrapped cakes in the air above her head. Reaching out she managed to fumble with it in the air until she finally got a firm hold of it and laughed. "Oh, hi... Adam right?" Gavyn already knew his name, but was prone to repeating things so she wouldn't forget them. "Sorry, I'm a little jumpy..." she explained, growing bashful within the moment.

Her glance was met with a kind-hearted smile and compassionate golden eyes. "Sorry you kind of got thrown into this...hmm...for lack of a better word mess of a situation, you didn't really have a chance to meet everyone. You doing okay?"

It was nice that he took the time to take a concern for her well being, and the attention made her a little nervous but relieved at the same time. From what she gathered everyone had already begun to build bonds with each other and she had assumed she would take her usual spot as the quiet little mouse among the pack of proud and courageous lions. "I will do my best to properly introduce myself to the other elements, I don't want to come of as rude." Laughing lightly she tucked her brown locks behind her left ear to reveal more of her face. "I'm doing just fine... really, I'm relieved I actually got here in time to depart with all of you. Thank you for your concern, Adam." Pausing for a moment she pondered his element, "So you are the Hero of Earth? Hm. I've read a good deal on my element and there are plenty of ways that we can fuse our powers to strengthen attacks. Just the other night I read a passage regarding Waters ability to aid the growth of the casts you make. Earth also works well with Light..." Gavyn on occasion was a walking talking encyclopedia due to the library of books she has read in her short lifetime, and rarely noticed when she rambled.

Pondering for a moment she stared at the wrapped up pound cake in her hands. "I packed a lot of food for the trip here, and didn't eat any of it... would you like to try some?" It was the only kind gesture she could offer for now, and she wanted to do her best to be as helpful as she could be. Seeing as she couldn't guide anyone in the right direction like Nicholas, or lead the pack like Rynn... maybe offering to feed the group would be something she could do. Although she was rather nervous to go off and try shoving her food in the mouths of others, she imposed a question on Adam. "Do you think the others would be interested in possibly having something to eat during this most likely long walk?"

26. Characters in this post:
    Kyle was quite amazed at how directly Lynn had "asked" to take Teresa with them. It was more like "Oh, I'm taking your daughter, bye." than a request. When she left he heard her say something about about a Nicholas and keeping the world from tainting his heart. He assumed it was a friend or family member, but after a quick reevaluation, he decided not, but the boy was definitely close.

Kyle looked back at Teresa and said simply, "If you have nothing against it sir, we must be going soon, else Ms. Lynn will leave without us." He waited quietly for a reply.

27. Characters in this post:
    She knew it was wrong and the worst possible thing to do at the moment, but Rynn couldn't help but laugh lightly at Kris's thinly veiled jealous outburst over hers and Kris's staring contest. Oh how wrong the little light elf was. She believed that Rynn was making a move on Light's little dark elf. By no means was that the case, she'd merely been returning his stare and it happened to cause her to see a little side of him no one else did. But he needn't worry, Rynn would not betray to the others that Nick might have a soul, she would keep that to herself until it was necessary to tell them. Leaders kept the trusted secrets of their team members, and Rynn would be no exception.

And then Nick was on his knee proposing her and she could not contain it anymore, and her laughter grew. She laughed for a few moments, her mind thinking of just upset Kris would be over the misconception and how absurd Nick was being and she couldn't help but laugh. Again, it was likely the worst thing she could've have done, but Rynn did it. She couldn't help it. As he explained poorly what was ocurring, her smirk retook its position on her face.

Watching Kris stalk off, Rynn momentarily entertained the idea of explaining the situation to her, but Rynn chose not to. That was Nicks battle, and Rynn secretly wanted to watch it play out. True to her element, she wanted to watch that fire burn, watch it explode, whatever would happen. Also, good leaders allowed their members to handle their problems themselves. She did however, lean over and whisper in Nick's ear "I think your girlfriend is mad at you. Clearly she assumed you were serious. Poor Innocent girl..."

Rynn smirked again before catching up to Gavyn and Adam, coming between the two and draping her arms over their shoulders, smiling at them "Gavyn, that's really nice of you to offer food, I'm sure everyone would be thankful for it. Its been a long day." Then she looked over at Jenna, seeing her dancing. It made Rynn smile a little bit. At least the girl hadn't lost her ability to be a bit lighthearted. Removing her hands from Adam and Gavyn's shoulders, Rynn continued on walking, allowing Kris to seethe on her own and waiting to see what Nick would do to remedy it.

28. Characters in this post:
    Adam laughed at Nick's proposal to Rynn, more than certain that at any moment Nick's hair would be a nice flame instead of the black it was. Adam turned his attention back to Gavyn meeting her eyes. "Indeed Adam is my name, and tis fine don't worry! I do apologize for scarring you though."

Adam walked alongside Gavyn and listened to what she had to say smiling throughout. "I'm more than certain that there will be time for you to formally introduce yourself to the clan, that's right I'm calling us a clan now. Start saying it's a clan I want it to catch on. And most welcome, tis no fun to be left out."

Gavyn went on asking if Adam if he was the Earth Elemental, and about how they could combine powers. To answer wether if he was the Earth Elementalist Adam smirked and grabbed one seed out of a bag attached to his belt. He held the seed at level with his mid chest between his fore and middle finger, the tips of his fingers glowed a faint green and the seed sprouted into a vine reaching up to his face. The vine moved downward and coiled itself around Adams right hand. "And very perceptive of you, I've been thinking for a bit now on how we all could combine each others powers. And agreed you and I could create many combination with our powers!"

Gavyn kindly offered Adam food "AH! Thank you very much I would love something to eat. Arguing with Nick builds up an appetite." Adam began eating and was quite happy. His blissful moment of happiness over finally getting food was suddenly interrupted by an arm slamming down on his neck his head quickly turned and saw that Rynn had emerged from in between Gavyn and he.

"Well hello Rynn how is the Clan Leader?" Adam glanced past Rynn and met Gavyn's eyes mouthing "It's going to be a thing!"

29. Characters in this post:
    Wow. She... laughed. It was about the only thing Nick could think about. This woman, she seemed so serious yet charming, and now she had a personality. Things just couldn't turn out to be any better. Recalling his childhood, a smile appeared on the male's slender face. Had Rynn's laughter not broken through his wall, the male would probably be a sour puss, hating the world and everyone in it. But rather than keeping up that dark facade, the male resumed to his true personality.

Smile permanently being bared on his face, Nick bounded over toward Adam's sigh at the scent of food filling the air. Turning his nose upright into the air, he wafted in the sweet scents of the delicious treat. Not minding his manners, the male sunk his teeth into Adam's cake without even considering the possibility that the male might be sick or that he could be agitated at such an impulsive action.

Noticing that Gavyn had packed more than enough food to feed the lot, Nick poked his head up beside hers. Still being a snoop, he cocked his head as he eyed the prizes in the bag. "I wish I could cook... I can only... burn food. I was never good at the whole baking thing either. Last time I made something I forgot the... sugar. It was not pleasant. Not at all...." Snatching one with his teeth, as if he were a wild animal, Nick wheeled around so that he was now in sync with Kris. Ripping the cake in half, he extended one side (the non bitten side) to her.
    "I know you had your apple, but that can only carry you over for so long. Besides, I ate half of it. The least I could do is offer you half of this... borrowed... stolen... received... cake."

He was a bit vexed at the fact that Rynn had pretty much ignored him and that her only comment was in reference to Kris. Just thinking about the word girlfriend caused the male to cringe. Her of all people should know that a relationship doesn't just form overnight. Hell, they had known each other for about three hours. Three hours and the thought of "true love at first sight" nearly caused the male to having a vomit attack. In his entirety, there was only one woman that soothed him and calmed him to a submissive state. She ended up going for his brother, which left Nick to watch from the sidelines.

Beckoning the others to follow behind him, he started to strut in the direction of his friend's house. It was almost an odd sight to see. Nicholas beaming with pure delight. His eyes were even shining with a friendly glimmer. His charming grin still embellished his face, which caused his face to actually look fuller. He no longer looked like a hollow shell. He actually had flesh and, believe it or not, smile muscles.

Had the others met Nick prior to his brother's untimely death, they would have known Nick to be a high-spirited male. He was always laughing and being smiles to the faces of those around him. The black haired male was a jokester of sorts with his silly antics and zany ways bringing smiles to even the sternest of people. He had always been witty and very personable. Nicholas enjoyed the warmth of being around others and he was rarely rude. He enjoyed taking up the roles of a true noblemen and loved to talk fancy. He even loved the idea of attending balls, parties, and grand festivals. The thought of being surrounded by swooning woman excited the male even at a young age.

But, since the departure of his brother, Nick had turned over a new leaf. The light that once guided him had faded and all hope of salvation escaped his grasp. He didn't want to be found. He didn't want to be a hero. He just wanted to wither away so that he could join his family among the starry night. Watching the fate of the world unfold before his eyes seemed less enduring and less painful. And yet, his dreams did not come true. In fact, his nightmares did. He became what he feared. He became a figure of hope. The thought of being needed frightened him and he was too stubborn to admit it.

Eyes closing, Nick embraced the adventure that awaited he and his friends outside the walls of Ka'lent City. Within the next hour, they would be on a new turf. Though it was familiar to him, he assumed it would be a foreign world of awe to the rest, as Nick was lucky enough to accompany his brother on all his journeys.

A single tear slid down his face, but before everyone could spy its presence, the sun evaporated the little drop. Mother. Father. Sister. Brother. Jenny Lynn. I shall make you all proud. Never again will I cast away the side of me you all clung to. Here on forth, I shall do my best to wear my true colors and not the colors of the destined hero of darkness. Though darkness, doom, and death surround me, I shall not allow it to conquer me. I shall overcome the emotions I've stored within and, with them, I shall become the hero everyone prays I will become. I shall not fail you again.

30. Characters in this post:
    "thank you."she said softly as nick offered her part of his food. "But I'm not hungry."stopping her feet she let the rest of the group pass her so that she was now alone in the back. Running fingers though her soft hair she let out a sigh and closed her eyes for a moment. What am I doing Jake? she thought to herself. This isn't me. I shouldn't be so worked up with all of this.letting her hands fall to her side she drug her word boots through the dirt as se followed the others. You need to stop being so hard on yourself. her brothers voice echoed in her head.

Slender fingers circled the charm hanging from her neck. I know... her eyes flitted up to the backs of everyone's heads. I just... I can't do this without you. she could feel tears starting to sting her eyes.You don't need me. Besides, I'm always with you angel. it was funny how nick had picked the nickname her brother used to use. I want to see that bright smile of yours again. Frowning doesn't suit you. Please? For me?

She could hear it in his voice, his pathetic childish pleading. It got him anything he wanted. Always did. Kris couldn't keep the smile from spreading across her face, despite the tear that rolled down the curve of her face. "you win." she mumbled to herself.

Taking a deep breath she wiped off her cheeks, she was behind everyone, hopefully no one noticed. Her eyes shifted and looked up at the sun. She could feel it pumping the energy through her. Her nerves humming to life with the power swirling in her.

Forget about nick and whatever else. Just focus on this task. Doing it for Jakob. She would do anything for him and she wouldn't fail.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 61 to 90 of 328