Login to your account

Don't Let Your Hope Fade - Closed

A tale of seven heroes who came in a time of darkness and fought when no one else would.......

Tags: adventure, betrayal, dark, drama, elements, fantasy, good vs evil, heroes, hope, light, magical, right vs wrong, romance, saving the world, saviors

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 328

1. Characters in this post:
    "Li'ing is right, it's best to spilt up. I'll stay with Rynn and help fight off any la'Ronk."

Adam walked over to the girl who burst in alerting everyone, as he stepped closer to her she appeared more and more like his sister, sweet and innocent. He knelt down to help her up he could feel tears in his eyes. There was a quiver in his voice as he talked

"Here, let me help you up. My name is Adam Celt the Earth Elementalist."

Adam helped the girl up and quickly walked away, he regained focus knowing it wasn't the time or place to think on the past. He had to prepare for the la'Ronk.

2. Characters in this post:
    "Yeah not going to lie... the gods kind of played a cruel joke on you with that one." Rynn said, nodding at Li "You'd think they'd have made these non gendered especially since they don't come off. Thank goodness mine's only a ring.... though it can get pretty hot." She absentmindedly played with the ring, spinning it around her finger though unable to take it off. Rynn just had to deal with the heat when it decided to act up (Generally in the presence of enemies which was good.)

"Okay so Adam is staying with me? Should we have a third?" she asked, looking at everyone and waiting for their respective responses.

3. Characters in this post:
    ((Ok wow remind me to never read a book again lol. So much to catch up on!!! Question! Whats the weather like today? Sunny, stormy? I need to know for my character!))

Looking over at Rynn she nodded to her. "Nice to meet you," she said softly. Watching Adam talk to Nick she couldn't help her grin. It was going to be interesting around here with the two of them. At least she wouldn't be bored. When Light came in and said the were coming Jenna frowned.

So it looked like they were going to have a fight. She shook her head when Adam picked Nick up. They couldn't just leave, water was still missing. Jenna was about to say something when Rynn did. "I'll stay behind with you two." Reaching down to her boot Jenna grabbed out an onyx staff. It was about as long as her calf. Twisting it the staff lengthened until it was about 4 feet long. The onyx staff was her baby, when she had spotted it in a shop one day she set out to obtain it. If she were to twist it again, blades would spring out on each end of the staff.

Looking around Jenna calculated where the best place to attack and defend would be. They needed somewhere easy to defend but also easy to attack, should they need to. Hopefully water would show up at any minute and they wouldn't have to worry about the la'Ronk this time.

4. Characters in this post:
    As the others spoke, Kris was able to calm herself and her reeling mind. The others were right. They couldn't abandon their last member. They had to at least stick around for him or her. She was jus left so unsettled, so unnerved by the la'Ronk that had stopped her. His voice, his eyes, they weren't evil. How was she supposed to fight something like that? Hanging her head as she sat there she took a deep breath, eyes on the ice pack in her hands. That man... He had tried to warn her, not attack her. What was going on?

That was when Earth stepped before her and carefully helped her to her feet. Something strange was going on with him as well. Had she unknowingly done something to offend him? Or had her little outburst just pissed everyone off? "It's nice to meet you." she said softly, still not giving her own name. She had her reasons, they didn't need to know.

As the group began dividing itself, Kris went over to Nick's side and placed the ice pack on his wrapped wrist, giving him a small smile. "It should help with the swelling." she said softly, gathering that if she fixed his wrist, she would fix her own. Glancing around she pushed herself up to her feet and looked at the rag tag group. Heroes? It seemed as though fate was playing some cruel joke. It would simply be a miracle if they could keep from killing one another before the la'Ronk found them... Again.

While the other girls talked of staying, Kris went up to Adam. His demeanor around her, it bothered her. "I guess nick and myself will be coming with you then." she offered him a soft smile before it faded. "Forgive my bluntness but... Have I done something wrong? You can't even seem to look at me." It wasn't as if she wanted him to stare, but she was a woman. And that meant self conciois as well. she didn't want him to dislike her or find her repulsive in some way.

5. Characters in this post:
    Adam unhooked one of the small bags from his belt, and began spreading the seeds all over the room. It wasn't much but without being near any plants it was the best he could do. Adam grabbed his bow staff from behind his back and gripped it in his scarred fingers.

The girl who rushed in approached Adam and mentioned that she'd be going with him. His voice shook "No actually I'm staying here with Rynn, and Jenna to make sure everyone else gets away. You'll be going with Li'ing, and Nick."

She smiled faintly but then asked a question he wasn't prepared for, his face dropped and he looked away embarrassed he didn't mean to make her think she offended him. His breathes were shaken "No, no you've done nothing wrong. It's...ah..."

Adam knew that this was in no way the place for this conversation, she reminded him so much of his sister. Her helpfulness towards others, her smile, and just her overall looks one things he knew he wasn't going to let this girl suffer like his sisters did he had to protect her. He swallowed heavily, and looked directly at the girl his eyes stern but still saddened but only the well trained eye would be able to tell.

"Now isn't the time for this conversation, right now you Nick, and Li'ing need to get out of here while Rynn, Jenna, and I wait for Water.

6. Characters in this post:
    She frowned, shoulders sagging. Maybe her mind was still spinning, only hearing bit and pieces of the arrangements that had been made."Oh." she said softly, a bit disappointed. Adam seemed nice, had made an actual effort to say hi and help her, not that the others were rude (besides Nick), it's just... He reminded her of her brother. She missed that. Hearing who she would be sent with she glanced around. Ice. This would be lovely, already she knew Nick would pick on the other poor boy. But then she looked back up to Adam.

"It might not be the time now. But I would like to have this conversation later. I'd like to fix whatever it is I've done." then she looked around to the others. "I don't mean to interject but, I am at my strongest now. I would probably be a great help should something happen..." her voice trailed off, her eyes darting over to Nick. She had a feeling that she would be the only one able to keep him under control. "Nevermind. I'll go." she said simply, turning her back to the others.

Walking just a few feet away her eyes scanned the area. Where was that man? And where was a safe place they could go?

7. Characters in this post:
    "Tell me about it..." Li'ing murmured, though he didn't mind all that much...it was a bit annoying sometimes though. He nodded at everyone who volunteered to stay and then turned to the other two. "So I've got...Kris and Nick with me then?" he asked curiously.

His hand moved to his side, grazing lightly over the sword handles that were hidden beneath his clothes. Watching the others interact...he felt a little distanced from everybody else. Maybe he should make a bigger effort to actually talk to everybody else...he was meant to travel with them after all, was he not?

8. Characters in this post:
    Why did Light always seemed so injured? She had missed the moments that had passed between Kris and Adam, but it was clear the girl was saddened by something. Rynn looked at the two of them for a moment, but her eyes decided to wander elsewhere. She was trying really hard not to seem so rude, she really wasn't a rude woman. Things had just gone badly this morning and she was in a foul sort of mood.

At least she'd only be here with Adam and Jenna for a while, she liked Adam's sarcasm and Jenna seemed to be strong. Rynn could foresee herself becoming friends with the two of them. At least she'd have allies. Finding little seeds rolling about her feet, Rynn smirked and picked up a couple of seeds in her hand, turning them over. She couldn't resist the temptation, and a moment later the few seeds she'd picked up exploded, creating just the tiniest little pop. Her eyes widened in glee as she did so, but she quickly reigned it in. Saving the world was, after all, serious business.

"Okay so Adam and Jenna are with me? Okay... I think thats a good combination." She looked over to Li'ing, feeling a bit sorry for the shy element, he seemed nice enough. "You guys be careful out there, okay?" Rynn said, doing her best to sound like she cared about Nick too which, at the moment, she didn't. Her gaze then settled on the rest of them, waiting for whatever the fates decide to send them next.

9. Characters in this post:
    Watching Lights and Adam's little conversation Jenna frowned once more. To her it seemed like both of them were a little weak. She had caught the tears in Adam's eyes and wondered what had happened. They hadn't said much to each other so why were the two of them sad?

Shaking her head Jenna drifted closer to Rynn, careful of all the seeds Adam was throwing on the ground. Laughing when Rynn caught fire to some of them she grinned at the girl. She had to admit she instantly liked Fire. In a way the two of them were similar. Jenna liked how tough Rynn seemed to be.

"Good luck you three. Before you leave we need to figure out a meeting place once we find Water."
    What good would it do for them to leave and have no way of finding each other again? They needed some place safe for all of them to talk. So if they ever did separate they would have a place to go, to be back all together again.

10. Characters in this post:
    Adam saw the look of sadness in Kris's eyes and his heart sank a tad. But he couldn't be sad he had to prepare for the coming assault. He raised his hood as he quickly said to the girl

"Yes we can talk later, and once again you've done nothing wrong!" he didn't mean to sound rude but right now he just wanted her safe and out of harms way.

The girl went on saying how she was strong and wanted to fight but Adam shook his head "No go with Li'ing, and Nick with your power you can help protect them."

Adam glanced over towards Rynn as she was sparking seeds on fire, he shook his head and laughed. He could already think of many ways how combining some plants and fire could spell devastation for some enemies, the thought of flaming vines and exploding seeds caused him to laugh greater. He knew that in the coming fight that Jenna, and Rynn would be offensive and he would be providing the defense and distraction which was fine by him.

He walked over to Jenna and Rynn and cracked his knuckles in numerous spots and looked over at Li'ing "You'd better get going, stay out of sight and don't draw attention to yourselves. We'll meet by the store next to the largest screen on the right hand side in the central part of the city. Wait for us there, if we're not there by nightfall leave the city and we'll find you."

11. Characters in this post:
    As she saw Jenna approach her, Rynn's grin widened. Yep. She knew she'd like Jenna. They could kick complete and total ass together. Her mind momentarily wandered to all the havoc they could wreak on poor Dark if he decided he didn't want to behave himself. "I couldn't help it..." Rynn shrugged, looking between Adam and Jenna, her cheshire grin never fading.

"Good point. I don't want to have to listen to my ring and look mildly crazy to find you guys again." She nodded as Adam suggested that one place in that one spot by that one thing that lord knows she'd never remember. But alas, it didn't matter as he was with her, and she could just follow him.

"I hope they attack in a small number. I really want to light a La'Ronk ass on fire." she chuckled, knowing the others likely found her to be inviting trouble. But honestly, she didn't care- after the morning she'd had watching the world burn sounded like a very, very good idea.

12. Characters in this post:

"You're all morons. This isn't a game. If we die, we fail. We're only as strong as our weakest link, which, sadly, is me at the moment. It's noon and the sun is high in the sky. I'm completely useless with my magic, but don't count me out. I've trained my whole life. My older brother, Deks, always talked about saving the world. How he wanted to be one of the heroes of legend. He told me stories, tales, and rumors. Everything. We need not worry about an attack? Unless you want to die right off the bat. I'm not sure any of you have done your research. Have you no common sense? The leader of the la'Ronk army is Jenny Lynn Walker. She's not a woman to be taken lightly. She's wicked brilliant and she's probably ten steps ahead of us. Doing the obvious, staying behind and scattering, if falling right into her trap. Do you want to be struck out without even getting a fair fighting chase? I think not. I, for one, would like to live and give this hero thing a go. I can't do that if you all decide to die on me."

For being sound asleep, lifted, man-handled, insulted, and pawned off, Nick had been paying attention. There was a reason he was a part of the group. He, unbeknownst to the others, had undergone much training that would prepare his hero friends with the wisdom they needed to succeed. He knew that at some point they would need to pay a visit to the elders to seek out guidance. He knew the road there as his brother and he traveled it often. He also knew about the sacred grounds and even about the various chambers below the cities.

His remorseless eyes settled on Rynn. "Don't automatically assume I'm all doom and gloom. It does come with the territory, but I can behave myself. My brother taught me everything I know. Patience, politeness, kindness. I just chose not to wield those traits as they are useless in this day and age. What's the point of being friendly and charming when the world is within seconds of collapse? What's the point of forging friendships? Is it worth the cost of lives? I think not. I would much rather not waste time on such frivolous things and get started on the stuff that really matter. The fate of our world." With his eyes still staring into her soul, he allowed himself the pleasure of laughing. Ah, these mutts were too easy. They broke out in hysteria when Kris came running in with news that the la'Ronk were within miles of their location. They even had the brilliant idea to split up. Splitting up at a time like this was a huge risk. The gamble was not worth it. If a single hero died, the entire group would fail. But these imbeciles didn't seem to understand that logic.

"Listen, you can split up and get picked off one-by-one, or we can work on sending Water a message. Water isn't stupid. If we leave a cryptic message, we might be able to led him or her away from this area. Furthermore, we need to start THINKING before we ACT. We need a plan. We need to stop rushing into trouble head-first. We need to regroup, collect our thoughts, organize a strategic plan of attack, and save the world."

It was at this point that most of the heroes were actually playing attention to him. Heeding his words, as, from the looks of it, he was the logical one of the group. Granted, it was cold and without any real friends, but he was the one that was making the most rational decisions.

Finally getting up from the floor, the male landed his eyes on Adam. How dare he make moves on my Angel. I'll get him back for that later. "If you ever touch me again, I will send you straight to hell." With that little interjection out of the way, Nick rose to his feet. Though his wrist still ached, he was able to push past that and focus on the tasks before him.

"We need a leader. Not leaders. Someone that will take charge and make the final decisions. We also need a secondary leader. Should the leader ever be rendered useless, this other person would take over. We'll also need eyes and ears. People who are very in-tune with nature. The wind, the land, and the water whisper to us all. I can't understand everything, but they will alert us if there is any real danger. I don't feel as though the la'Ronk are upon us yet. We have enough time to relocate at a less conspicuous spot."

Shaking his head, he planted his forehead into his palm. With a sigh and a shrug, he looked at the heroes. "Rynn, right now, I think you possess the more qualifying leadership traits. For the time being, you shall assume the role of leader. If you would, please take everyone to the far outskirts of this town. You'll see a small meadow beside a forest. The la'Ronk army will sweep by that area first. So I want you all to go there, but take the south travel. There will be rundown buildings you can shelter, but DON'T USE THEM! The la'Ronk know we want to hid. So let's walk by them right under their noses. Either as couples or by yourself, walk by them. Don't hide your face and don't show any fear. Just strut past them like you're used to their presence."

With his head exhale finally being released, he breathed in a stomach-full of air. Just as soon as it was in, he allowed it to exit through his nose. Breathing now calm, he turned his back to the group. "I'll be joining you all there, but I have something I must do first. I need to verify something and I will also leave the message for Water. I shall meet up with you all in about an hour. If I don't show up, head to New Vegra. I've a friend there that will prove to be useful."

Back still to the group, he stared at the looming walls of the castle. A smirk on his face and a low growl in his voice, he twisted his head over his shoulder to glare at the group. "Leave now, or I will make a scene." Threatening to expose them seemed like the ideal way to get the group to move. It would also buy Nick some time to find this so called soldier Kris ran into. He had a few questions he wanted answered. The main one being, "Am I on the list?"

"Angel, thank you," he said holding up the ice pack.

With a smile on his face, he took out a small bladed object. Slitting his middle finger (or his left hand as he's right-handed), he watched the blood beaded up on the tip. Pressing it to the floor, he began writing in a foreign language that, for the most part, was lost to the world. Not even the la'Ronks could read it. Just how he knew what it said was beyond his grasp. He believed that it was his item that was causing him to spill blood and write a message. It was short and sweet, but it definitely got the point across - The la'Ronk are here. We have relocated to New Vegra. Follow the shadows, they will lead you to us.

13. Characters in this post:

Her eyes were tuned out the other way. She was distracted and, because of it, the soldiers summoned to the table were filling the air with snide comments about her inability to lead. There were jabs at her fighting tactics and there were a few men that dared to insult her new look (prior to becoming a Mon la'Ronk, she was just an assassin hired by the Mon la'Ronk to kill the heroes. Though, when a riot broke out in Nazzinivia, Jenny Lynn was the first to be drafted to thwart the revolution. Within three days, she had slain the resistance and even evoked fear in the eyes of the natives.

Wrinkles were forming just above her brows. The bickering and babble was really starting to annoy the woman. She was usually one not to snap, but enough was enough.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Three shots were fired and five men were dead. The ricochet from two of the bullets ended up lodging in the skull of one man and the throat of another. With a large sinister grin now displayed on her pretty face, the woman hoisted her booted foot to the table's top.

"Anyone else wanna bitch? Bitch for a bullet. It's a hell of a deal." As soon as the rounds were fired off, the soldiers dropped into an eerie state of silence. There eyes weren't even rested on her. Instead, all the dogs of the military were hiding their eyes from her nasty temper.

"Right then. So you worthless mutts, I've assigned your commanders new orders. You WILL follow them. Should you fail to follow these simple assignments, I will not hesitate to lodge some bullets into your cock. Do I make myself clear, dogs?"

"You have quiet the temper. Killing some of my best men. I'm afraid I'm going to ask this meeting to be adjourned so I can deal with your outburst."

With a smile on her face, the female watched as the soldier pooled out into the hallway, leaving herself and Prince Arthur all alone. When the last of the men were gone, the blonde advanced and placed her arms around the body of the prince.

"Whatever will you do to me, my love?"

"I want you to stop ditching your Med la'Ronk. I assigned him to you for a reason."

"But... but... ugh. Ant is so dreary."

"Ha ha! Run along, my future wife. I hear that the wind whispers words that the heroes are feuding among themselves. They are in Ka'lent City. Go there and destroy them."

"Are you foolish? It is unwise to attack them there. Let them come to us. I've soldiers planted throughout the planet. One wrong move and we'll have them eating out of our paws for mercy. Just you watch, my love, they will crumble especially with my little black wolf among the blind sheep."

"Black wolf?"

"But of course. It was a precaution I took years ago. The little pup has no idea what I have in store for him." With an evil laugh escaping her jaws, the woman moved down the hallway. She was dead-set on meeting the group, but first she needed to acquire some loyal soldiers.

14. Characters in this post:
    Kris frowned listening to Nick go on and on. All of his points were valid. There was no denying that. But still, he spoke of sticking together yet he wanted to stay behind, go off on his own. that's what she had down that got them into this convoluted mess in the first place. She just had to go investigate alone. perhaps if she had been with someone then she wouldn't have paniced.

As the others started packing up, Kris walked up beside Nick, watching as he wrote on the ground, her own finger already pulasating with the pain he inflicted on himself. Her shoulders were slumped as she waited for him to get to his feet. "You said yourself that it was stupid to go at all this split up. But you are doing exactly that. I don't want to leave you here alone." Finally she turned her eyes up to his. "I told you once, that i need you. That wasn't a lie. Don't aske me to explain it but... I just know that if something happens to you I'm going to feel it. I can't focus when that happens. I doubt you can either." A sigh escaped her as she glanced over her shoulder at the others. "Besides, being powerless, you are hurt right now. I know you can still fight and defend yourself but you are weak, even you have to admit that."

She grabbed his arm, forcing him to stop and look at her. "Let me come with you. You should have someone watching your back at least..." Her frown returned. "It's my fault for panicing the others anyway. The least I can do is help you. I think I know where he went."

She bent over and picked the ice pack up. Brushing the dirt from in she frowned and shoved it back into his hand. "Now keep that thing on your wrist. I don't know about your weapon, but mine is kind of heavy. I'd like my wrist to not be throbbing next time i go to swing it." Kris stared up at him a soft smile on her lips, but determination written on her features. Would he let her go with him? Or would she be forced fo trail after him in secret?

15. Characters in this post:
    "I don't need your pity, so just fuck off."

Rejection. It was bitter, heartless, and practically uncalled for. Yet, Nick had made up his mind. No one was to come with him. Besides wanting to find this la'Ronk officer, he also wanted to spy on the soldiers that would eventually flood into the city. If he could sneak in close enough to hear their conversation, he could determine their next plan of action.

In his mind, he knew going to the elders would be a risky move. But, he also wondered if there was a chance the area would be less guarded. Why? He knew Jenny Lynn would assume that the heroes would not dare visit the elders. Though, in the pit of his gut, he felt this could have been a trap. No matter what, at some point, they would need to seek out the elders. Until then, they would go to New Vegra to beg for help from Nick's friend.

With his eyes closed, he shoved Kris backwards toward the others. "Disobey my orders again, and I will put a bullet in my own head. If I die, you'll all be fucked. And I don't give a damn if suicide is the weak man's way out. It does have its advantages such as getting rid of whiny pests like you! Can't you go worry about someone else. I've always watched my own back. I don't need someone, you of all people, to start watching out for me. So go find someone else to annoy."

16. Characters in this post:
    Kris's eyes got wide at his outburst. For some reason she thought he wouldn't do that kind of thing to her. Why she had convinced herself of that she didn't know. She should have known better.

Nearly falling over as he shoved her back, Kris let out a puf of hot air as she righted herself on her feet again. She stood there staring at his back, tiny fists clenched at her sides. Blanched knickles shook as she glared at him. She couldn't stand it. She didn't deserve to have that kind of shit thrown in her face. It was a good thing she had brothers.

She ran at him, arms circling his waist the small woman tackled him to the ground. In an instant she had the shocked man flipped around on his back as she sat on his gut hands pinned down beside him. "Now listen. You are going out there to kill yourself! Yeah I through us all in a panic, I'm sorry. But don't you dare pin your idiocy on me. We all know who Jenny Lynn is. and i know she is here." Her face was red, she was fuming. "It wasn't just any la'Ronk I ran into. It was her personal medic. You know that means she is close." She adjusted her grip and slammed his hands back to the ground as he tried to get up.

"I'm not done!" She stared angrily down at him. "If he is here, so is she. She's just waiting for one of us to do something stupid and run off alone again. How I was so lucky I'll never know. But It won't happen again." She was shaking as she sat there on him. "Damn it Nick! You know we can't do this without you. We are all needed. If you go off galavanting alone that puts us in a really tough spot. What the hell am I supossed to do at midnight? huh?" The woman was unaware of the small forcefield errected around them. She hadn't ment to put it up, but now no one could pull her off of him.

"You think the world hates you and that you are expendalbe. You aren't. So if you go, I go." She glared down at him.

17. Characters in this post:
    Ah, there it was. Li'ing listened with a thoughtful expression on his face. Nick truly was a voice of reason despite his harsh words. That was one of the reasons why Li'ing didn't speak up often, he knew he didn't give enough thought to his ideas before speaking them. But it was still dangerous for Nick to go off alone like that, no matter what he said to kris.

Li'ing had to give Kris credit though, she was definitely someone he wouldn't want to have mad at him. On a side note, those two argued like a couple in love or something. Uhh, not the time. Right. He shifted his weight a bit, tapping his fingers against his side. Pretend like they actually belonged here...that could throw off possible la'Ronks.

"Kris is right Nick. You might not like us, but you are a big part of this...team..."

18. Characters in this post:
    Before he could even disprove her point, Nick found himself back on the ground. If he wasn't standing, he was sprawled out on his back. If he wasn't trying to pick a fight, he was dragged into a fight. No matter what the male did, he just couldn't seem to catch his breath.

"You're wrong! I know Jenny Lynn! Unlike all of you, she was my brother's girlfriend. We might be on different sides, but she wouldn't hurt me. Not without allowing me the opportunity to escape. The only reason she's a la'Ronk is because she's pissed that the heroes couldn't save my brother."

Turning the tables on Kris, Nick was now mounting the woman. Pinning her to the floor was a lot easier for him than it was for her. In fact, when Kris did seize his arms, he simply just let them stay where they were. You could say Nick was a fan of dominating females, but the tone in Kris' voice ticked the male off some. Taking matters back into his own hands, the male yanked at Kris' shirt collar. With her face now level with his (her head was slanted up while his looked down), he smirked.

"It's really hard to yell at you when I'm turned on. So why don't we just skip the fighting and have the hot anger sex?"

Joking, at a time like this? It seemed so irresponsible. Though, it wasn't a joke, it still wasn't the time or place to discuss such a thing. With a sigh, he released his iron grip and gently let her back rest against the ground.

"Listen, I don't want to drag any of you into my family's personal matters. If Jenny's medic is here, then we're fine. She does her best to avoid him at all costs. She's also, more than likely, hung up in Kittmund. Being the rumored fiance to Prince Arthur, I think it's safe to assume he would keep her in close quarters."

Nick wasn't one-hundred percent sure about his previous comment, but he knew that if Jenny Lynn were near, they would all be dead. Granted, Nick still had a few tricks up his sleeve. Most of them were dirty, but, if he needed to create a diversion, Nick was more than ready to pucker up and kiss his brother's girlfriend.

"But, since we've wasted too much time, I guess I have choice but to drag your sorry ass to New Vegra myself. Tch, if I want something done right, I have to do it myself. What a taste of time, but, hell, if we fail, at least I can say I tried."

19. Characters in this post:
    "Good lord Nick, you are such a self-indulgent martyr. Allow the weakest member to go hunting on his own? Yes that's wise. And honestly? I don't give a shit if Jenny Lynn was your sister, she's still going to be a royal bitch to kill." Rynn said, doing her damndest to keep the actual fury from her voice. Everything this man said set off something in her. It was going to be a long journey. "But other than the you staying behind part to skulk around secretly, you are right. Water's object will tell her where we are I'm sure. But the message is a good idea, and I do appreciate you compliment as being the leader. But I have something to say to all of you." Rynn looked from each member of the group to the others, her emerald gaze unusually hard.

"We are a shitty team of heroes. Like we are off to a really bad start due to some... personality conflicts" Rynn said, eyeing Nick hard "I understand if you don't like us and you want to be a bristling porcupine to everyone, but please, keep in mind we have to do this and if we are constantly at each other's throats, we are that much weaker. If we don't like each other, we won't help each other." her eyes were going around the group, making brief eye contact with everyone as she spoke "I'm not saying we have to be family, or even true friends, but we need to behave ourselves enough to where we are a team."

"Right now we are a bunch of people, some who get along, some who just want to have as little trouble as possible, and some who want to stir everything up for no good reason." She drew in a breath, looking back at Nick. He would hate being singled out, but Rynn had a reason. "I don't know what you're problem is, but how do you expect us to want to help you when you treat us all like you think you're better than us and could do this alone? Fact is? You can't. None of us can, but you can't especially. You have a whole time of day where you are fairly useless, but when you're powerful you're powerful. We all need each other, we all need to learn each others faults and strengths so we can be the best damn hero team the gods ever put together. We all want the La'Ronk gone don't we? Then we need to suck up our pride, and get over ourselves, myself included. I've let my temper get the best of me today, and thats not good. "

"We all have room for improvement and for the sake of the people you love"
    she set her eyes on Kris "and the people you love" Nick this time "and you" Jenna "and you" Li'ing "and you." Adam. "We need to do this not for ourselves, but for those we've lost, the ones murdered in cold blood. Would our families be proud if they knew this was how we're handling their justice? I think not. This isn't fair to them. They deserve better than that, they deserve better than us. Or at least better than who we are right now. It can always be rememdied." Rynn finished, feeling like she'd made her point in far too many words, but she'd been unable to stop herself. They needed a wake up call, and she hoped this would be it. Good enough for now at least.

20. Characters in this post:
    [[Since I realized not everyone reads the OOC, I'll thrown in here. If you've recently posted, please hold off until the others do. We don't want to powerplay through actions and thoughts. I also want to give water a chance to maybe show up.
    Anyway, I'm keeping my post short and simple... mainly because I want Nick to bitch. XD]]

"Who died and made you my boss.... fuck... I picked you. Fuck, fuck, fuck!" Even though his tone still had that angsty, cruel snap to it, his eyes were actually far more playful then usual. Dismounting Kris, he remained standing over her body as if he wanted her to check him out from the underside up. When he realized her feet were in perfect kicking position, the male recoiled away and found himself before Rynn (on accident, might I add).

"Fuck." His eyes dropped to the ground below as he waited patiently beside Rynn. It was almost (key word, almost) as if she had finally gotten to him. Singling him out was probably the best move she could have made. It definitely shed some light on things he didn't realize he was doing.

21. Characters in this post:
    Kyle nearly ran into a bullet when he walked into the meeting room of the la'Ronk, lucky for him he just ducked under the bullet. It barely touched his hair. He was late. He knew it. He honestly didn't care. He sat down at the end of the table facing the great Mon la'Ronk Jenny Lynn. He knew she was a former assassin and former had the job he was holding. The Hero Assassin. It was a job indeed. Having to assassinate some seven people with the ability to control the elements. It wasn't going to be easy but if he succeeded he would be able to take a very early retirement. Maybe actually settle down, meet a nice girl, take up a trade, beside killing. The only sour part was when he figured out just who he was working for, The la'Ronk. Your basic bane of everything good. He didn't like them and would make that point evident at the end of this wonderful meeting. He was doing this only for the money, He didn't believe in the la'Ronk way, and wouldn't be pinned as such. He was going to do his job and then leave. He didn't want anyone to know he had done this. It would peg his conscience enough. He knew he'd have to get away the second this job was over. He was never in any academy he was taught by a non-la'Ronk and he would stay the same. The la'Ronk was wrong but the first rule of wet-work was this, You take the job, not the employer. he was intent on keeping it that way. He was not going to become a la'Ronk. He refused to. He sat quietly, looking at the leader in front of him, waiting for her to give directives. At the outburst of the prince, or at least he presumed it was the prince, HE walked out. He waited outside for Lynn to come out. He needed orders. When she walked out he walked up. "Kyle Alan Gear. Trained assassin and non-la'Ronk. You're paying me to hunt down some heroes. I need orders."

(Not as long! Sorry! Is this good?)

22. Characters in this post:
    Even though he was an ass Adam knew Nick was right, it wouldn't be smart to split up, which confused Adam greatly when Nick said he'd go off alone. He couldn't help but laugh when seeing the tiniest hero tackle Nick to the ground and was happy to see her showing some passion and strongly voicing her opinion.

His happy gaze and laughter over Light were suddenly halted when Nick turned the tables and was then on top of Light. His fists clenched around his bow staff, his face grew cold as stone, his caring eyes turned into ones that would make even Nick appear as the happiest person in the world. It took all of his willpower not to rush over to Nick and kick him off Light. He crossed to Nick and met his gaze.

"Look! I don't know what your deal is because currently you're not making sense! You scold us for wanting to spilt up you call us completely stupid! But then you're saying how you're going off BY YOURSELF! As a distraction, now...now Nick..."Putting his arm around him as he said this to spite Nicks previous claims about sending him to Hell if Adam touched him again."Can you honestly look at me right now and truly believe that your plan of you and apparently Light running off as some distraction team is a good idea? Let's look at some facts A) You're hurt, right now you can't do much. B) It's day time I'm not saying you're weak, I agree with Rynn that you're probably really powerful at night! C) You aren't the most...hmmm...how can I say this without pissing you off...don't think there is a way to do that...I'm just going to say it! You stick out like a sore thumb here no one in Ka'lent is wearing all black. Any well trained la'Ronk will be able to tell who you are, or at the very least they'll pull you in for questioning. I think we need to all stay together currently."

He shifted his gaze to everyone in the room "Rynn is right, we aren't heroes right now we're squabbling children who can't decide what to do. BUT I know what to not do!" He turned so that his back faced everyone and his eyes were locked on Nicks. "You don't run off as distraction when there is a high likelihood you'd die if you did, and not just you would die Light would to probably. And our grand adventure together probably wont be so grand if two members die right before we actually start adventuring." He stepped back from Nick and turned towards Rynn "In the end this is your call, Nick is right out of all of us you're probably the best fit for the leader of the ragtag group of 'heroes'." Making air quotes as he said the word 'heroes' he went on "I'm not the leader but my opinion is we all stay together, leave the message that Nick wrote on the wall and all head to the outskirts of town and wait for Water to arrive. But once again Rynn it's your call."

Adam walked away and passed by Nick patting him on the shoulder as he said "We may fight and you may hate me but know this Nick. I'm not going to let you just run off and die."

23. Characters in this post:
    Teresa sat in her sitting room, in the suite of rooms she shared with her mother, father and much younger brother in the Royal Court at Kishmal, trying to read. Trying because she had to read one of the books her mother approved of, which were all about being a lady and proper manners and such, and they were SO boring. She knew somewhere else in the Court everyone important would be at a meeting to discuss what to do with the new so called heros that had popped up. Her father had mentioned it this morning. What she wouldn't give to be able to know what was going on in there.

And why couldn't she, there was no one to stop her. Quickly setting the small book onto a dainty table that was next to her chair and got up intent on trying to figure out if there was anything interesting to be heard. she purposely walked to the main door of the suite who was going to stop her, the cleaning staff? She had no thought that she might get caught or that she probably shouldn't listen in on war planning meetings, or that the blue dress she was wearing that matched her eyes so perfectly and crinkled when she walked was hardly ideal for snooping. She was just curious.

24. Characters in this post:
    It was a brief moment when she lost her focus that Nick was able to spin her around and switch up their positions. She struggled o my a moment before resigning to just lay there glaring at him. It wasn't until she caught him staring at her chest that her face turned a bright shade of red. The mini field around them fizzled into nothing as he spoke. "You wish." she tried to come back at him before Rynn started speaking. It was odd, receiving a lecture while being mounted by someone. But Rynn had good points. They weren't ready for this, especially with Kris's little problem... Which meant Nick probably had a similar problem.

When Nick finally got off of her, Kris just laid there a moment staring up at him. She idly wondered if she kicked him in the nuts, how exactly would that pain transfer? Before she could contemplate the experiment, Nick moved and she was able to sit up.

Still red faced she kept her head down, avoiding eye contact with the others. Was she just bad at communicating, or was it that she just sucked at persuasion. She wasn't cut out for this. She was the baby of a family, and now it seemed like the runt of the group. She was meant to follow not lead. She wasn't as vital to this mission as the others. But she knew Nick would be needed, she had to stick around and be his anchor. But that was all she was needed for, Rynn could pretty much do anything she could.

Without a word, Kris rounded the corner, not really disappearing like before, but gone jus enough that she was out of site. The others woul here a loud crash, breaking wood and then finally a release of pent up breath. Kris returned a moment later, nothing different, expression blank. The only clue on her was the bead of sweat on her forehead. The shattered bench would reveal nothing, a girl Kris's size couldn't do that much damage with out her powers, could she?

Falling to a seat behind the others, she idly examined her wrist as she waited on a final decision to be made.

25. Characters in this post:
    Mouth wide open Jenna watched everyone argue. Were they really doing this at a time like this? They needed to be preparing for the la'Ronk, not jumping down each others throats. Jenna now knew that being with the other Heroes was not going to be fun. Not if they kept this up. To her Nick was the problem, so prickly and always right. She really wanted to strike him with some of her lightning but she thought it would be a bad idea.

Glancing over to Rynn she couldn't help but nod to everything she said. The girl was smart, that's for sure. Rynn would be a good leader for them. She seemed level headed, even with her fiery temper. Having just about enough of all the arguing Jenna slammed her staff on the ground, and the air cracked with little lightning bolts. "Would you all just shut up! Listen to yourselves! Do you honestly think this is helping anything? I could just walk outside and down the street a bit and yell for the la'Ronk. Want me to do that?" She asked sarcastically and walked over to the stairs. "Just say the word and I'll go. With all this fighting it seems like you want them here? No? Why don't you all stop arguing, just everyone close your bloody mouths and take a breather. Then when your all nice and calm start speaking again. Don't go bashing each other it doesn't matter anymore. If Nick want's to go he can go. I'm not saying it's a brilliant idea but it's his choice." Jenna stopped talking and glanced at each one of them.

Putting her hand to her forehead she grimaced. "You all are giving me a headache," she growled and dropped her hand. "Now are we all calm so we can talk like adults and figure out what's best for the group?" She once again glanced at each of them. Jenna was not expecting this when she set out in search of all of them. She had hoped they would all instantly band together and work as a team. Jenna hadn't considered conflicts between individuals.

26. Characters in this post:
    "Kyle Alan Gear," she said in a sing-song tone. With a grin spreading onto her face, she clasped the males hand in her own. A reassuring squeeze came next as did her arm slinging around his neck. Walking rather boastfully down the corridor, the woman came to a halt when she noticed a very peculiar site.

"What's a Cor la'Ronk doing here getting her pretty little nose and fancy dress all wrinkled up for?" Jenny Lynn's blue eyes mimicked Teresa's gorgeous pair. "Ah, no need for alarm, Miss Relline. I know you are the daughter of our finest two court heads. I thank you for gracing myself with your beauty. Might I ask why you were on my turf?"

Her left vest was form-fitting and exposed just enough cleavage to make the boys drool, but not enough to piss off a female peer. With her hair cropped in short layers, it did a nice job making her face appear thinner than it was. Another smile gracefully decorated her pretty face as she reached out a hand in welcome to the young woman.

Recalling that Kyle was at her hip, she let out a giddy giggle. "Perhaps I should leave you two youngsters alone! Teeheehee!" Her nose wrinkled with each little laugh that escaped from her full pair of lips. "But on a serious note, Kyle, would you object to Miss Relline and I accompanied you on your hunt? I sense that Miss Relline seeks the life of adventure. And I? Well, the prince has instructed me to reunite with my buffoon medic, Antykins."

27. Characters in this post:
    Teresa was shocked, she hadn't even gotten all the way to the meeting and she was stopped. Not by anyone either, it was the famed Jenny Lynn Walker. And some man. Quickly she dipped into a low curtsey. "Ma'am, i merely happened to be walking this way," Rising from the curtsey. she looked Jenny Lynn in the eye. her cheeks flushed with a mix of embarrassment and excitement. " though if you are serious in your offer for me to accompany you, and kyle did you say his name was, i must go ask my father. It won't take but a minute and i would love to see more of the world." She curtsied again before turning to walk back in the direction she came.

She couldn't believe her good luck, Jenny Lynn Walker had given her a perfect oppurtunity to see more of the world than Kishmal where she had spent her whole life. She'd begged her parents for ages but they said it was too unsafe and not proper, but they wouldn't dare defy someone of such high rank.

28. Characters in this post:
    It had taken her far longer than she imagined it would to reach her destination. Granted, she spent far more time than deemed necessary to prepare her mind for this trip, it didn't help she had to sneak her way out of her home and village under the cover of night to even begin.

Only at the outskirts of the city, her holy ribbons shined powerfully as the all too familiar voice of her grandmother echoed in her mind. You're late!The old womans scolding voice brought a panic to the girls face. Just me? The voice was quick to respond back, Yes you bumbling child, now hurry! An exasperated gasp escaped her lips as she picked up her travelers pace, her long flowing peasant skirt flowing behind her.

Her stomach was turning, every second felt dangerous to her, and now knowing that she is holding up the hero's was making her feel even worse. Would they all leave her behind? It's your own fault.A scowl spread across her face before she murmured under her breath, "I wasn't talking to you... and please don't do this when I meet them, It's bad enough I can never hear anyone else speak because you're always filling up my head..."

Really, Gavyn needed to stop speaking out loud to the spirit that traveled with her, but it was hard for the girl to keep wits about herself when something so mythological was happening to her. But everything these days were starting to sound like story books, being summoned to Ka'lent city, somehow being expected to fill the role of hero. To be honest, Gavyn had been wanting some kind of trail to appear before her mundane life so she could prove not only to herself, but to the world she was useful... but was she really up for the task? Only time would tell.

The long haired brunette kept a canteen at her waste, tied onto a leather strap. It was with her at all times, luckily for her the air was moist today but on a dry day the only way she would be able to conjure water was through some other physical source... and seeing as she can't always be near a lake or pond the canteen was a useful tool.

It wasn't long before the female with the eyes of sapphire came to the road where the Steps of Dawn lay, but what was this? They hadn't left yet? Sighing with a sweat of relief she kept close to the walls of a building nearby. It wasn't something hard to see, but a tense air was thickening around the group hanging about the area. Looking about, she knew it had to be them... raising her hands she counted the heads she saw in the area; one, two, three, four, five and six.

Sitting back and watching them shout back and forth, it seemed they all wanted the same thing. Eyes widening she pressed her lips together, What if this is my fault? For being so late! Things would probably be far more organized if I had just shown up on time! Knocking herself on the head with her fist she punished herself for taking so long.

Enough lurking, it was time. Taking a deep breath, she was ready for the inevitable fury that was going to be thrown at her once she appeared. Moving out of the shadows she stepped lightly, her sandles scuffling the mix of dirt, rocks and seeds under her. "I...I'm very sorry for holding everyone up, please forgive me...?" God she sounded like a mouse under all these bellowing voices around her. They're never going to notice you if you speak like a mouse, speak like a hero, girl!" Closing her eyes she raised her voice louder to get the groups attention. "I am the water element Gavyn Locke! I apologize for being so late! I hope you all can forgive me!" After a moment she opened one eye, then the other and looked around at their faces. "..eh... sorry..." Her voice returned to her regular quiet tone.

29. Characters in this post:
    Kyle had not expected the warm embrace he got from Lynn. He had met her before, and at the time they were both fellow assassins. He shook her hand but did not enjoy the arm over his shoulder. When they came in contact with the noble woman he nodded respectfully. He would not bring up his distaste of the la'Ronk way of doing things. He didn't mind the la'Ronk per say but he disliked the way the operated through fear and intimidation. He thought of the ramifications of bring them along. He couldn't find any that would harm him indefinitely. Save the dress of course. "I can foresee no trouble bringing the two of you along. Of course my work requires stealth, as you well know Lynn, and that dress does not help it. So a change of wardrobe would be in order." He said simple. "I am Kyle Alan Gear, Miss Relline by the way"

He looked around for a bit waiting for the reply of the two woman. His said everything with an impassive look and voice. He wasn't one to be over happy or excited, especially going into a job. He knew that he would be on this job for a long time. He would be glad to have another assassin with him, but taking a noble along may cause some issues, but he didn't care. He could never deny someone the chance to go on an adventure.

30. Characters in this post:
    Kris looked up at the approaching female. The ribbons in her hair were bright, or maybe that was just the light, either way, she could tell that water had arrived. The others were still bickering, Lightning finally throwing her two sense in. Frowning her eyes went back to her wrist, it was still aching. It would be hell to swing her hammer with it. Damn Nick and his refusal to listen, the ice pack had been tossed somewhere in the scuffle.

Finally water spoke loud enough for her to hear. The girl was timid. She couldn't blame her, especially walking in on all... This. Getting to her feet she gave the other girl a small nod. Then turned her eyes to Rynn and Nick, but they onl landed on him for a moment.

"Are we ready to depart now? Since water is here..."She asked, voice soft, back to it's normal tone rather than the angry yelling she had done earlier.

Looking off in the direction of where they were supposed to head Kris frowned. Noon was passing, and she could already feel her powers deminishing. She grit her teeth and clenched her fist, the action making a bright light that would have blinded anyone looking at her. Damn, she hated when things happened and she couldn't control it. It was as though she could feel the power surging through her, yet her body was an unfit vessel for it. It tried to escape it's small prison within her. These escape attempts of her energy would get in her trouble. She just knew it.

She glanced back over her shoulder to see I any of the others, or any towns people, had noticed her bright little outburst.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 328