Login to your account

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC : Ardent

That'd be a good idea to archive it.

Also the a91nicole nickname is a username I made on AOL when I was eight lol. its my first initial, year I was born, and middle name so I PROMISE I'm not a robot.

Also fun side note- my brother moved to Portland a few months ago. He LOVES it. Lucky him, I'm still here in Georgia where we have all the heat and not of the liberals lol. Except in Savannah, which is where I go to college so I guess its not so bad.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Dorian Raker's Avatar
    You've always been a flatterer, Eden. Luckily, I've got a strange weakness for flattery.

I need to re-read them, I think. Been too long.

Hello, a91nicole (totally not a robot -shiftyeyes-). Don't think I've properly met you yet.
    Last edited by Dorian Raker; 08-04-2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: because I'm rude.

So how would we prefer to start the game this time? On the day of the Ardent's repairs/upgrades being completed and the beginning of the voyage? On their arrival in Port ma'Deu? Mid-journey?

My vote is for the quays at Cann. Gives it a sort of symmetry. Kind of a "once more, everybody, with feeling."

But I'll yield to the majority if there's disagreement.

Someone is going to have to say that line in-character.

Damn right. Let's just hope it doesn't end with us plowing another mile-long furrow in Kerria's face.

I gotta hurry up not to miss the flight here, aye?
    For the playlist Abney Park is obvious (I absolutely love that band) and also Alestorm might have something that suits, noticing that they play pirate metal. I just haven't yet got enough familiar with them to know the song lyrics well.

This has proven to be surprisingly difficult after not attending games created by others for a long time. I've been going too long through the simplest route without worrying is my character actually interesting and good or not...

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night

Hmm, Alestorm...I'll have to take a look. Here's the playlist as of yet, needs some rearranging. Thoughts?

Don't worry about it too much Gess. We'll wait for you, we're just doing some pre-start RP. I'm sure your character will be fine, I've got faith in ya. BTW, I'm going to be a lot more lenient with you as far as grammar/spelling. Your English is great as is, so I'm not worried, but even native speakers make mistakes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Raker View Post

Hello, a91nicole (totally not a robot -shiftyeyes-). Don't think I've properly met you yet.

Well hello thar! I am Allison, and I swear I am not a robot. I may be a Cyborg though, or a Cylon. I plead the fifth. Anywho found my way here via a 1x1 request, but I'm seriously considering making a character to join the ardent as well as mine and edens super secret secretness. Not sure yet. I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew. How fast do you guys think the rp is gonna move? Cause I may start working on a profile...
    Last edited by a91nicole; 08-04-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: cause eden mad fun of my typo :P lol

I please the fifth.
    *tiny giggle*

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Really not sure how fast it's gonna move.

I like how it has all kinds of music in it and not just strictly one or two genres. If darker themes are needed, Nox Arcana had a sailing & pirates themed album called "Phantoms of the High Seas" and it can be found from YouTube as a whole. For example "Crossfire" might fit. One of my favourite bands as well (even though technically they're not a band)...

I will keep on doing my best and I usually read my RP posts once more through before sending to avoid most of the possible mistakes.
    Right now it's night for me and I've been up since early morning - this kind of situations aren't good times at all to RP so I usually type down just rough post frame to word and type it properly the next day to be sent. ^^'

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night

Hmm, I'll check those as well. Thanks for the suggestions, Gess! Aw, man, do I appreciate when people do that. Mistakes still get through but it's nice.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Goddammit. I keep having to break up posts from Ardent in the archive because they're too long for this site to handle. xD

This site has a post length limit? I had no idea.

Also-I vote we add the Firefly theme song to the playlist because its awesome. And also my ringtone.

Good idea! It was on the original Playlist.com playlist, but I hadn't thought of it this time.

Yeah, the post length limit is...1000 words I think? Or maybe it was 1000 characters. Anyway, the old Ardent posts keep going over it. xD

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

*snatches lho-seeds out of Fort's hands and hands them to Boj*

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Jesus Christ, I can't believe how many posts the old game had...

How many was it?

I'm not sure exactly, but look. I'm on 150 posts already, and there's still two more pages left. Good god!

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Ack, I'd respond to Fort now but just found out my boyfriend's car is having some issues so need to go pick him up. I'll be back in maybe an hour or two.

Oh Fort, we missed you so.

We were prolific. And Fort's going to murder you if you take all of his Lho, even if he doesn't know who or what a Boj is.

Hey Allison. No worries on the Cylon-itude. But step out of line and I will frak you up...so say we all. Nah, I kid. We generally don't move too terribly fast. I've got a job with REALLY weird hours so, I at least probably won't be moving extraordinarily fast. In general, I expect we're all good people here. So...yeah. No worries.

-too late anyway- But HI GESS!

-Fort waves with a wink that'd make even the hardest sky-dog blush- Missed you too.
    Last edited by Dorian Raker; 08-05-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: becuase Fort wouldn't let me not.

Nevermind, had to wait for the address anyway. Now it's Allison's turn to wait! Wheeee.

Boo making me wait

And thats good, I'd hate to have this wonderful rp for ruined for me due to my might or might not being a cylon :P

Also, that's good to know, I think Alcy will be a fun addition to your crew. Yay for bastard children of philandering nobles!

Whew, that was a long drive. At least I got some Spire out of it. Looks like our PnP game tonight isn't happening. I've been loving this game, it's an all-monster group. My character is teaching the minotaur naughty words.

Long drives are so exhausting.

Also, Meet Nathaniel Randersvayne. No worries, he's not interrupting the meeting, I just made him an intro post so that it would make sense for him to be there once the queen and the captain finish their talk. I hope that was alright. I promise I wasn't crashing your thread lol.

You talking to me or Dorian? xD I think I already told him in PMs that you were gonna do that.

I told him too, I was just letting you know the post is there lol. Just covering all my bases. Ending up MUCH longer than I thought it'd be

Ah okay, no worries.

Also? Pizza.

-sounds the intrigue alarm-

Such tangled webs are already being woven. Fort's finding himself very suddenly in demand for messy work...

Have I mentioned that its REALLY good to be back?

Eden you making me jealous of your pizza. I am poor college kid so I no have pizza

and yep, webs of intrigue all around yay! I like webs of intrigue. And even though I've never rped with you before nor have I rped in ardent, welcome back lol.

Ooh. I remember poor college Raker...so poor. It gets better, Nicole. No worries.

They are rather fun. And thanks for the baseless welcome back; in time, we will be family as well.

Oh gosh it's already begun! o_o;

Maybe I should have checked back a little bit sooner, I didn't notice! But I will get right on throwing myself into the mix. I can't miss any happity haps!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

No no, the game hasn't really begun. I'm just doing a separate 1x1 with A91, and getting some preliminary RP done with Dorian. I'll be waiting until Kolloposa's and Gess' biographies are in before I start, and when I do start, you will all be notified by PMs.

Oh phew! I thought I had already fallen behind. ><

But very good, nice and professional... just the way I like it.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.