Login to your account

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC : Ardent

I updated the character section. Great news, the original aeronaut's player is going to return. You'll love Cain. But your character will probably hate him.

Yay~ I'm eager to meet the possible conflicting essence.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

The player already has fun-sounding plans for you.

Forgive me, I'm still trying to acquaint myself with a new site
    -shakes site's hand, "Hello, please don't hate me"-

Anyway, I'm Kollo. I play Cain, the original aeronaut. He's a lazy bastard though so he'll most likely get out of doing his shifts at the helm by pulling a "seniority" card or a "I'm a wounded veteran" card. Or just hiding like he did before.

Yeah, your character will definitely hate him xD

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo ooooooooo.....!

-happy dance-

Hi Eden...Poison? I think I'll call you Eden for now because it's what I'm used to.

Not going to lie, I keep finding things in the site that are fascinating me. There's a refresh timer on character pages. For user comments maybe?

So neat 8D

I don't think I've ever seen a comment on a character page, but yeah, that's what it's for I think. xD

Strude got confused too. She asked me who the heck I was. xD I wish there was a change username feature, I regret using my other common username. I don't use Eden anywhere else but I really should have used it here... ;P

And glad you like the site! I like it too! They are taking suggestions for improved/new features by the way.

Your name did change! Guess I've got to get used to callin' you Eden now, huh?

*waves* Salutations Kollo~! I look forward to watching Deryn be constantly pushed closer to her breaking point by Cain. xD

Oh, it will happen quickly, Schiz. So quickly. xD

Sorry about the name change! But really no one but ravenwaen knows me as poison. xD

It's cool, Eden is a nice name. ^_^

... I didn't even notice an option anywhere you can change your name. That's cool!

There isn't, one of the admins saw me talking about it and offered to change it. They are really nice here. Maneki even helped me find the address I was looking for. xD

Speaking of which, soooo nervous.

Finished just reading everything properly and I need a bit time to sort out things and get a proper hang of it.

All of the images there are look amazing and just out of curiosity are they drawn by players of the game? And mmh, I guess you won't have anything against of me drawing the character myself but I'm really pushed into making it really good so it won't look clumsy in between of the other ones. Drawing will also give me a good time to create a background story for him. I need to be careful not to make him similiar to my steam punk character Sebastien!

I think I'm making a male tyrisian and have him as recently joined - I would feel a bit odd about playing him any way else.

When the world is darker than I can understand
    When nothing turns out the way I planned
    When the sky turns grey and there's no one in sight
    When I can't sleep through the lonely night

Yeah, I have never really met a bad admin but... they really go the extra mile here. Which is one of the things that stole my heart.. *sighs happily* I mean to help you with a non-site related problem? That means genuine care for members! And that is pretty cool.

*pats your back* It's gonna go great! I was actually wondering how you acquired such an awesome opportunity?

@Gess: All of the images used for setting/background/NPCs etc aren't custom, they were pulled off various sites. Feel free to do your own artwork! I'll likely end up doing fanart of some of the crew, depending on what characters are easy. And yeah, having them be recently joined really is the easiest way to go. Can't wait!

@Schiz: Yeah, that was pretty cool, haha. Though I think it's less of an admin thing and more of a nice person thing. I found the ad on craigslist. xD I live near Seattle, there are a ton of gametesting jobs here and I've already done some testing for Arenanet.

Humble Farmer With a Sword Dorian Raker's Avatar
    Raker, reporting in.

This site...is...pretty damned amazing, actually. So far it hasn't hiccuped and caused me to lose everything. It hasn't slowed down and forced me to go and make a sandwich while it loaded. And its all...organized. This...this is strange.

Uh, right. Hello all! Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Dorian Raker, pulling the strings for Captain Fortinbras Carlyle, at your service. We shall have such fun together.

Hi everyone! It's heartening to see people who did an epic roleplay together coming here to reunite and join us here on WTF. I love this place. I never rped on Menewsha but I joined it and thank goodness I did, otherwise I never would have found wtf, and its such a nice community here. Everyone's so friendly!

Anyways, I'm Allison (IRL name), username a91nicole, and player of Rynn Arokit. You guys won't see much of her anytime soon, nor will see much of Lord Randersvayne. But they'll show up. Also, I'm excited to see where this goes. I've never done steampunk before, but this seems like a great one to start with

Dorian! Dorian, hi! Over here! Dorian! Dorian!

*jumps up and down far away in the bleachers, waving arms*

Yes, this site is...oddly nice. And there aren't any ads. I...I suspect treason. Or, possibly, cats.

A91 (makes you sound like a robot, I like it), I wonder if Menewsha was as bad as Gaia Online, hehe. Perhaps I should do a scientific inquiry into the matter. Hmm, Randersvayne, new character? I've been gone all day. (The interview/test went awesome, by the way!) Can't wait to take a look!

Since we're doing sort-of introductions, RL name is Yvette, I go by Poison outside of Gaia (which is why I completely confused poor Strude and Kollo...) Glad to hear you're excited! Me too. I kept pining away missing the old game. What really made it fun, though, was the players, so I'm glad a few are returning (and possibly more in the future).

Here's to fucking up the main characters' plans, A91! *raises glass*

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Good god! Where have Fort's flowing red gone?!

UNACCEPTABLE! *smashes fist into disapproval button*

In all seriousness, that picture is awesome. Man, grey hair? Why do you hate Cas, Fort?
    Last edited by Eden; 08-03-2011 at 10:48 PM.

He's pushing thirty-five, Eden. And he's got to deal with all of you loveable assholes (Cas topping the list). But why's he really grey? Because he loves you all so much...

Well, I'd be going grey, too, if my crew shot each other more than the other ships. I don't blame Fort at all. Cas, though. Cas will find a way!

Why, oh why, am I so unsurprised?

Because you know her all too well. :P

So how's Monterey treating you? I think I miss the sun.

That could be a reason, yeah.

Ugh. You can't be talking about my Monterey. The sun sort of gives off this faint, sickly little half-light while wagging an upraised middle finger...not that I'm complaining, being the incredibly Irish cave-dwelling creature that I am.

I'm actually not sticking around for long anyway. Off once again to do things I can't really talk about. But I'm not disappearing this time...I hope.

How's my beloved Pacific Northwest? I miss Portland with a soul-deep sort of ache. I want RAIN; Brimming buckets of the stuff, if ya please.

Oh, right, coastal area. I forget that not all of California is the valley-girl filled semi-desert I was used to. The Pacific Northwest is doing awwwwright. I can't speak for Portland really but ravenwaen lives there and she's currently live and kicking so that's always a good sign. We had a ridiculous amount of rain for summer time for a while (I guess even more than the locals were used to) but now it's getting a bit more reasonable. Bellevue and Redmond are looking unforgivably stunning.

Yeah. That's me. On the bay. Sucks. All the priveledged, uppity valley-girl snots without any of the perks. Almost makes me miss Vegas.

Glad to hear that there are still beautiful bits to my world. Miss it like a drowning man misses oxygen. Have to get back up there before I dirt-nap. Keep it gorgeous for me, okay, Eden?

I was going to say at least you're not surrounded by the kind of LA wannabes we had in Sacramento, but that's probably worse. At least you can sometimes feel sorry for the valley girls here. :P

I'm trying! But this damned rain keeps washing off the glitter I'm tossing everywhere. I swear, it's like these streets don't even want to look fabulous. Hey, maybe you'll make it up in time to go strike team on some of the local game companies. Hand out the games, like a modern day Robin Hood. Only geekier.

Nope. I've got the entitled "from money" yuppie-spawn. So that's always fun.

Damn. Glitter's hard to wash away too. Alright. If you keep working at it, I'll see if I can call in a few favors and get some of my friends together. But we'll have to hit Dark Horse simultaneously. I've got a couple friends who will only take payment for denied ops in comic books...

I love my job.

Weird, I thought I'd reply. Well, it sure as hell rains enough! I think you do have it worse. But look on the bright side, you've got yuppies, you've got cliffs...

Side note, I'm bored and working on an Ardent playlist. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added 08-04-2011 at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-03-2011 at 11:10 PM ----------

Yarrrr.

Wow...I can't believe we played Ardent two years ago. I'm thinking of archiving the old thread in maybe a Journal thread.

Doooooo eeeeeet! I miss those old days, and I think I lost my access to Amalgamation Syndrome, so...yeah.

Uh, does the obvious count for the playlist? "Airship Pirates" and "Aether Shanties" by Abney Park?

And I'll see your yaaar and raise you a "ya-har-har-har".

Last edited by Dorian Raker; 08-04-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: because it had to be done.

They...they just might. I've never heard them. xD I'll take a look!

I'm in the process of archiving it all now, under the Journals tab. Good god, some of you have just amazing writing skills. Puts me to shame.