Login to your account

The Altered.

In the small rainy industrial town of Shibuya that is populated by a mix of humans and of animal/human hybrids know as the Altered. A group of high school students begin wondering about their future and the future of their town. A tense feeling of despair fills the town and a new face brings a new wonder to a high school group that will quickly become friends. The towns factory serves as the only source of stability in what is a slowly dying community stuck in their tradition and values. Polluted rain and mysterious illness ravage wha......

Tags: altered, fantasy, private, roleplay

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Closed

Creator: LeePeeps

Created: 07-26-2016, 09:07 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Posts 91 to 120 of 170

Thread: The Altered.

1. Characters in this post:
    Rend- Glares at him. "What did he just call me?!" She thinks. She looks around and recognizes her surroundings. She points to the left and begins walking. "It's up here." She says. They come up on this small bakery smooched in between other buildings. "It's small, but it's good." She nods and enters the shop. "Auntie!" She yells in a friendly voice. "I need cake!" She says to the woman behind the counter with a smile.

Woman- "Ah Rend! You came by today. How are you dear? And your father?" She smiles at Rend warmly then looks up at Hyde. "Oh my who is this handsome young man you have with you dear?" She asks.

Rend- "Handsome?" She looks up at Hyde with her lip curled. "He goes to my school." She says in a passing way. She looks in the window and scours the cakes. "Mmmm, I want a choco strawberry... Two pieces." She says as she stands up straight again and holds up two fingers.

Woman- "Oh, a school friend I see?" She says with a smile. "Right away dear." She leans down and grabs out two slices of the cake and boxes them up. She puts the box on the counter. "Here you are."

Rend- "Thank you!" She says grabbing the box from the counter. She elbows Hyde to get him to pay.

2. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- "Hello I'm Hyde! Yeah we met at school and we just finished helping out at the old Inn. A new family bought it and is going to be opening it up again." He says to make conversation as he grabs his wallet and fumbles for his money. He puts the money on the counter. "Thank you!" He turns to Rend. "Where do you want to eat? I'll follow you."

3. Characters in this post:
    Rend- They walk out after telling the woman goodbye. "Mmm.. I usually just take it home.. Lets go to the shrine." She says and they walk across the street to the shrine. They sit down on the steps of the shrine and start eating. "Mmm! Caaake~" She says in a happy tone as she eats bite after bite of the cake. She looks around a bit. "This place is pretty creepy.. I always feel like someone is watching me when I come here." She says. The shrine isn't too well kept, the grass and vines are overgrown and the stone looks weathered.

4. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- Follows Rend to the shrine and sits down handing her her piece of cake. He sniffs the air and thinks "Something smells kind of familiar but I'm not sure what." He looks around to check his surroundings but doesn't see or smell anything else. He looks back at Rend. "Man this cake is good! Do you hangout here a lot? I normally don't come around much because I thought this place was more used." He forgot to acknowledge the shrine and he stands up to bow quickly before sitting back down smiling at Rend. "This place is kind of beaten down some. It's a shame really."

5. Characters in this post:
    Rend- Still eating her cake bite by bite. She shakes her head and says "No, I've only been here a couple of times." She laughs a little when he stands to pay his respects to the shrine. "So you're religious?" She asks.

6. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- "Ha, well I wouldn't say religious. Just respectful I guess. My sister is the religious one." After eating their cake together they sit at the shrine. "You know it looks like it might start to rain. I can walk you home since it is getting a little late as well. I'm sure my sister is wondering where I am by now." He remember what the woman at the sweet shop said. "I'm guessing your dad probably wants to know where you are as well." He says but doesn't expect much of an answer because she was upset last time he brought up family.

7. Characters in this post:
    Rend- She stands up and zips up her hoodie while looking around, judging if it will rain or not. "My father isn't home. Tch... It's a long shot to say he even lives there.." She says quietly and jumps down the stairs, starting to walk out of the shrine. "Come on you big oaf..." She says without looking back.

8. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- Taking one more slightly thorough look around sniffing the air as he does. "I know that smell." He thinks to himself and he makes note that some of the foliage is broken. "Probably just some visitors." He thinks nothing more of it and takes off after Rend. After walking for a little while on the road it starts to rain heavily. "Hurry up! Come on we should take the short cut again it will take to long if we don't." He says and runs off toward the short cut. Before Rend can argue with him he swoops her up fairly easily and runs her across the fallen tree. Putting her down just on the other side. "Where do you live! I'll get you home first!" He has to almost shout because the storm is fairly loud at this point. He holds his head down some squinting his eyes looking at Rend as she also gets drenched even though she has her hoodie on. "Just run I'll follow you!" Egging Rend on before she has a chance to complain more.

9. Characters in this post:
    Rend- "HEY!! Don't pick me up are you insane!!" She yells and continues yelling as they cross the log. She gives him a swift punch in the arm when she is let down. She grabs the hood of her hoodie tightening it slightly around her neck while she looks up at him, barely able to understand him through the rain. She keeps having to blink as she looks at him because of the rain in her eyes. "Follow me!" She shouts and grabs his hand, running in the direction of her house. They finally get there and she fumbles with her keys. Finally getting the door unlocked, she flings it open and ends up slipping on the slick floor and falling on her knees for a moment before picking herself back up and pulling Hyde inside. "Hurry up!!" She yells and then shuts the door. She sighs and holds her arms up. "Why is it raining so hard?!" She says angrily. She sighs again and looks over at Hyde who looks just as bad as she does and a smile starts to form. She breaks out in laughter pointing at Hyde. "You look so funny! Hahaha!" She says.

10. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- Angry from getting punched in the arm and now Rend is laughing at him. He has a scowl on his face but it turns into a smile slowly and start laughing with Rend. "Oh man, I look funny, you look ridiculous! Are you alright from that fall?" He tries to ask her seriously through his laughter. He glances around the house a little. "Hmm I only smell her and... something else... That doesn't really smell right." He has a confused look on his face but he smiles through it again. "She wasn't kidding that her dad doesn't live here much. I can't smell him. But man what is that it smells kind of like chemicals. I wonder if she smells it. Well actually. She probably only smells that overwhelming chip smell. She wasn't kidding that she can't cook." He thinks to himself concerned with the chemical smell it reminds him of the science rooms at school. "Well if you are alright I will probably make my way home since I'm already drenched." He turns a slowly goes toward the door.

11. Characters in this post:
    Rend- "You look more ridiculous." She mumbles as she takes her hoodie off. "Don't bother. Just stay here. One sec." She runs up the stairs and doesn't come back down for a while. When she does finally come back down she is changed into dry clothes and is holding a towel. "Here." She states as she holds the towel out for him. "Stay here until the storm passes. Go upstairs and go to the room on the LEFT, don't go in the one to the right!! Got it?! LEFT!" She demands and points up the stairs. "There are clothes on the bed you can change into. If you take longer than 20 minutes I'll call the cops and say you broke in." She says with a smirk. She goes over to the couch and plops down comfortably and turns the TV on. She looks back over at Hyde who is standing there. "Well? Goooo!" She groans.

12. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- Unsure on if to stay in the house looks out the windows and sees the storm still just as heavy. "Alright fine. Just shout up the stairs before you call the cops. Give me a chance would ya haha." He jokes with Rend as he makes his way upstairs. He peers into the room on the right but continues to the room on the left and towels off and changes quickly in less than 5 minutes. "I wonder how long I should stay here. She is very nice to let me stay here like this. I guess I'll head downstairs." He thinks to himself as he tries not to make much noise as he turns into the hallway. He looks into the room on the right again this time feeling a little more courageous. He sees a large round bed, two doors, and stuffed animals. The room is very girly. "Holy cow, she does not act like this. And what was that every stuffed animal in existence? That collection probably costs more than our home." He thinks to himself and slowly leaves the room making his way downstairs. "SO! What are we watching?" He says as he throws himself down next to Rend but not directly next to her. "Hey thanks for the clothes. I really appreciate it."

13. Characters in this post:
    Rend- Munching on some chips now without a care. She is jostled around when Hyde jumps onto the couch, some of her chips spilling out of the bag. She just brushes them away and looks over at him. "Horror." She says simply and looks back at the screen. She holds the chip bag out, offering some to Hyde. She nods as to say you're welcome to him without actually saying it.

14. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- Reaches for the bag and takes some. "Nice. You stay here all by your lonesome watching horror? Well aren't you the trooper." He says laughing a little but remaining semi-quite because of the movie. He starts getting more comfortable in the home and around Rend. "I'll need to call my sister soon. Please remind me if I forgot, okay?" He looks over to Rend for her approval.

15. Characters in this post:
    Rend- "Ha, nothing scares me." She says proudly with a confident smile. She nods while stuffing her face with more chips and keeping her eyes on the screen. They keep watching, not paying attention to the rain anymore. About an hour or so passes and they are on to watching another movie. "Hey.. Wasn't I supposed to remind you about something?" She asks looking over at him. "When did we run out of chips.." She mumbles looking into the bag and turning it upside down, crumbs fall out. She stands. "I'm going to get more, want something to drink?" She asks, she seems to feel right at home with Hyde there.

16. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- Standing up quickly after Rend speaks. "Oh crap I need to call my sister." He calls Kasumi. She tells him that she will be spending the night with Nadine and Umiko at the Inn planning another get together. Hyde makes up a story about being out not wanting Kasumi to know where he is and to not make her think less of Rend for having him in the house already. After the conversation he makes his way to Rend in the kitchen. "Hey I know how to cook a little do you want something for dinner?" He asks her as he peers around the fridge and pantry. Not really seeing much but enough to put something simple together. "Umm I'll take some more water please." He looks up at Rend waiting for her to respond about dinner.

17. Characters in this post:
    Rend- She looks at her fresh bag of chips then him then back at the chips then him again. "...." She thinks putting her lips to the side. "...It better be good." She says putting her chips down. "What can you cook?" She asks as she grabs a glass down from the cabinet and filling it with water. She hands him the glass and looks up at him.

18. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- Looking around the kitchen a little more finally makes up his mind. "Well... I think I'll make a Donburi and shrimp gyoza." He looks at Rend seeing if he impressed her at all. He starts cooking. "Would you like to help cooking or would you like to get dishes?"

19. Characters in this post:
    Rend- "Hm.." She nods. She has no idea what those dishes are but she tries to play it off. "Uh... I'll get dishes. What do you need?" She asks. "Crap.. I don't even know where the dishes are other than spoons and cups.." She thinks to herself feeling out of her element.

20. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- After cooking they sit down to watch their movie and eat. "So what do you think?" Proud of himself for cooking so well. He looks at Rend who is still stuffing her face eye firmly locked on the screen. He laughs a little and shows no manors as he chows down with her.

21. Characters in this post:
    Rend- "Hey, this is good! I don't think I've ever had this before." She says with a half full mouth. She tips the bowl up and shovels the rest of the rice into her mouth then sets the bowl down on the coffee table. She slouches on the couch. "Ahh~ yum." She smiles and continues watching the movie. A while later, she has her neck and head tilted to the side, her eyes shut. She has her legs up on the couch with her hands shoved in her hoodie pockets. She fell asleep.

22. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- "She hasn't had a rice bowl before? Damn, poor girl." He thinks to himself. He finishes eating and sets his dish down as well. "I'm glad you like it." He says to her. He looks over at her and sees she has fallen asleep. He goes up stairs not make a sound and gets a blank and brings it down putting it over her. He wonders if he should stay or go. "Umm. I don't think I should just leave I won't be able to lock the door after myself. I'll guess I'll just stay here and act like I fell asleep as well in the morning." He gets back on the couch softly not to wake her. He gets comfortable and falls asleep. Later that night he shifts and ends up leaning his head on Rends legs that are on the couch.

23. Characters in this post:
    Earlier that day, The Isondae home.

Umiko- Coming back from the BBQ at the Inn. She goes into her house and looks around. "Daaad!?" She yells but doesn't get a response. She sighs and continues to her room. She drops off her school bag and grabs another bag out from under her bed. She puts different things in it here and there. She zips it up, throwing it over her shoulder. "We didn't have homework over the weekend right..?" She says to herself and pulls out her phone to check. She smiles when she see's her day is clear on her calendar. "Nope!" She says happily putting her phone back into her bag. She opens a drawer in her nightstand and pulls out a piece of paper and pen. She writes down a message for her father. "I'm going to spend the night with my friends. Don't worry no boys! Love Umiko~" She smiles at the note while she looks at it, but it doesn't look like a happy smile. She has sadness in her eyes. She walks back into the living room with all of her stuff and opens the fridge. She see's exactly what she expected to see, beer. She places the note on the beer cans knowing that's the only place he would really see it, if then. She shakes her face and prepares herself. "Alright Umiko! This is your first sleepover... most kids do this sort of thing when they are young but...here we go!" She thinks to herself with a determined look and leaves the house, locking it after herself.

24. Characters in this post:
    Nadine- "So dad two of the girls are going to be coming back to spend the night here with me. I figured we would setup one of the rooms and use that instead of staying in our rooms. Do we have any more food for dinner?"

Mr. Ashburrow- "Nadine I can't be feeding all you friends all the time you know. We did a good job today and we are really close to getting open, but next time ask me before you invite people over. I wanted us to work a little more over this weekend." He says with a disapproving face but not shocked since he heard her yell it earlier that day.

Nadine- "I know we can't feed them all the time, but it is my first get together with the girls from here. I used to have friends over all the time back home. Well I am sorry for not asking you, daddy. I'll make sure to do extra work when they leave!" She smiles at the end of the sentence knowing that her father will never give permission but will always give forgiveness. She starts preparing the room for the arrival of Umiko and Kasumi

Kasumi- Having been home for a little while already has done her chores and made an easily reheat-able dinner for her brothers and dad. She looks into the living room seeing her dad in his chair just reading old books as normal. This time he has the radio on tuned to a local talk show though. "Maybe he is feeling better. He normally doesn't use that radio." She thinks to herself because the radio used to belong to his wife. She packs her bags and tries to steady her nerves. She wants to go to the sleepover but cannot seem to get the courage to do it. "Alright here we go. This is the first time I'll be away. I wish I knew where Hyde was it looks like it is going to rain." She thinks as she looks out her window. "I guess I should get there before I get trapped here." She grabs her things and runs out the door before she can talk herself out of it.

25. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- She arrives at the Inn. She's a little nervous but also excited. She's never made very many friends that were girls before. She walks up to the front desk of the Inn and see's Nadine's mother there. "Oh hello Mrs. Ashburrow, is Nadine here?" She asks.

26. Characters in this post:
    Kasumi- As she walks to the Inn she see Umiko but she is too far ahead for her to call to her. She walks a little faster and is getting up the drive way as the door closes behind Umiko. She heads into the Inn to find Umiko talking with Mrs. Ashburrow. "Hello Mrs. Ashburrow, Umiko. Is Nadine on her way?" She says.

Mrs. Ashburrow- "Well don't you two have good timing. I'll call for Nadine. I hope you girls have a fun night tonight. I know Nadine is really looking forward to making new friends." She says and then calls Nadine.

Nadine- Running downstairs just a few minutes later waves and smiles at her new friends. "HEY GUYS! Thanks Mom for letting me know they got here. I'll show you guys to where we are staying. We have a lot to talk about and plan! Come on upstairs we can drop off your bags then grab some snacks and hangout in the back yard until it gets dark." They all start going upstairs.

Kasumi- "Umm I don't think we should go outside. It looked like it was going to rain as I was on my way over. Why don't I make us a nice dinner and we can sit down to talk?" She suggests.

Nadine- "That sounds good! What do you think Umiko?" She looks to Umiko for her input.

27. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- She smiles and waves a little at Kasumi to greet her. She also says hello to Nadine as she comes down. "I think that's a great plan!" She says eagerly. "I can help with the cooking if you want Kasumi, or I can just do prep." She says with a smile. "Should we go shopping for ingredients? I feel bad that we keep taking your food Nadine." She looks over at Nadine.

28. Characters in this post:
    Nadine- "No no thats silly we don't have to go shopping. We can all cook!" She says excitedly.

Kasumi- Never have cooked with others before she feels anxious. "Umm yeah we can all cook." They reach the room and put their bags down then head back downstairs to the kitchen.

Nadine- Looks around the kitchen to find anything to eat. "HEY! We have frozen pizza lets do that!" She takes it out before the two others can say anything. She starts heating the oven. She jumps up to sit on the counter as they wait. "Thank you again guys for coming over today! We all really appreciated it. I think I remember that we can sign up for clubs soon right? Are you guys going to do any of them?"

Kasumi- Tries not to look shocked they are eating frozen pizza for dinner. Looks between Umiko and Nadine. "I was thinking about doing Kendo actually." She perks up a little getting to talk about something she has studied before.

29. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- "Oh pizza?" She laughs a little. "I can't remember the last time I had one of these! I'm excited." She says with a smile. "Wow! You really do eat junk food at sleepovers!" She thinks to herself, getting more excited about the night. "I don't think I will be joining any clubs just yet. Maybe next year." She says. "What about you Nadine? Are there any clubs you want to join?" She asks looking over at her. She leans on the counter a bit, getting more comfortable as they wait for the oven to heat.

30. Characters in this post:
    Nadine- "Yeah pizza is my favorite! Oh wow Kendo! That is really cool! Oh come on Umiko you should join a club. Like one that either one of us are in! I was thinking about joining basketball. It looks really fun." She says as she kicks her legs as they hang off the counter.

Kasumi- "Yeah I am really excited it. I hope I get in. Basketball? That could be fun I suppose." Kasumi still standing very proper but trying not to talk as strict so she feels more comfortable. "Pardon me Nadine, where is the restroom?" She asks.

Nadine- "Oh umm I don't really have them remembered yet but I think there is one right down this hallway." She points to a door and Kasumi exits in search of the bathroom. "So Umiko, what do you think of Kasumi? She seems kind of stiff to me. I think we should try to lighten her up a little tonight! Make her feel like one of the girls ya know?!" She says this in a non-gossipy way. She really wants Kasumi to feel comfortable and be friends.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Posts 91 to 120 of 170