Login to your account

The Altered.

In the small rainy industrial town of Shibuya that is populated by a mix of humans and of animal/human hybrids know as the Altered. A group of high school students begin wondering about their future and the future of their town. A tense feeling of despair fills the town and a new face brings a new wonder to a high school group that will quickly become friends. The towns factory serves as the only source of stability in what is a slowly dying community stuck in their tradition and values. Polluted rain and mysterious illness ravage wha......

Tags: altered, fantasy, private, roleplay

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Closed

Creator: LeePeeps

Created: 07-26-2016, 09:07 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Posts 121 to 150 of 170

Thread: The Altered.

1. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- "Mmm, I don't know. I do like art.." She says looks down in thought about joining the Art Club. "But I am going to be busy helping out around here. Wow basketball? Is their a girls basketball club at our school? I didn't think enough girls played." She says. "Yeah, I think it's hard for her to get comfortable.. To be honest I can relate. We both come from a family of all boys so.. It's odd being around girls." She laughs a little, knowing it's a bit silly. "What do you think we should do to make her feel better?" She asks.

2. Characters in this post:
    Nadine- Hears a crack of thunder and it begins to downpour. "Haha I guess Kasumi was right! Good thing we didn't go outside we would be drenched in no time. I hope no one gets caught in this. Umm I think we should get our food, get changed into our comfy night clothes, and either watch some TV or play some games. I think we will start talking if we have something to comment on!" She looks to Umiko for her approval.

3. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- "Wow, it sounds really bad out there." She looks around at the ceiling more to hear the rain than anything else. She looks back at Nadine and says "Yeah! That sounds really fun." She smiles. They put the pizza in the oven and wait for Kasumi to come back. "How did you like the BBQ today? A lot of people showed up." She asks Nadine.

4. Characters in this post:
    Nadine- "I liked the BBQ. Hey did you see another girl today? I think she was hanging out with Hyde? We should ask Kasumi when she gets back. Would you mind helping me grab all the dishes and getting water for everyone? We have more to drink and we can ask Kasumi when she gets back what she wants." They start gathering the dishes and pouring water. Nadine runs off with the water to drop it off in the room leaving Umiko alone in the kitchen for a few minutes.

5. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- "I did.. I'm not sure who she is though." She says helping Nadine with the food and drinks. She waits patiently in the kitchen for the girls to return. "Hm.. Maybe Hyde has a girlfriend already?... I wouldn't be surprised... He's tall, muscular and nice. I wonder if she's been introduced to the family already?" She thinks to herself feeling a little bummed. "I wonder how they met.. This year just started.. Maybe they knew each other before?" She keeps thinking and zoning out while waiting.

6. Characters in this post:
    Kasumi- Coming back to the kitchen seeing Umiko alone. "Hey Umiko, where did Nadine go? Everything alright?" Clears her throat. "I was thinking that we should play a game or something soon." She says. Trying her best to come out of her shell.

7. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- "Oh Kasumi!" She snaps out of it and smiles, only half hearing what Kasumi said. "Um, she went to set up the room, she will be back soon." She says. "Yeah! We should... hmm but what game should we play?" She says looking at her. "Maybe Nadine has some games?" She says.

8. Characters in this post:
    Kasumi- "I thought we could play Hanafuda. It is my favorite."

Nadine- Comes rushing into the room interrupting Kasumi. "CHECK THE PIZZA!!!!!!" She sprints to the oven and throws up the door just in time for a perfectly cooked pizza. She pulls it out and puts it on the counter. "PHEW! That was close. Sorry if I scared you guys! We need to let it setup for like 5 minutes. What were you guys talking about?"

Kasumi- Busts out laughing trying to hold it in but doesn't. "We were talking about games to play." She looks at Umiko to talk as she tries to compose herself.

9. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- "Oh I like tha- !!!" Starts talking to Kasumi but gets startled when Nadine comes in yelling. "Oh I'm glad it's not burned!" She says in relief. She looks over at Kasumi a little surprised but happy, she laughs with her. "We were going to play Hanafuda. It's really fun. What other games should we play?" She looks at the two. They start getting things together and heading up to their room. They get inside and sit down with their plates.

10. Characters in this post:
    Nadine- "I like Go-Fish. Haha. I don't know many card games. Hey Kasumi, who was that girl Hyde was hanging out with? She took off before we really got a chance to spend any time with her. Is she his girlfriend?" She says giggling a little.

Kasumi- Thinking about it a little. "I don't know who that was. I know she is in our class but that is about all I know." They continue to eat and after dinner Kasumi's phone rings. She picks it up and it is Hyde. They talk a little and she tells him she will be out for the night. "Sorry that was my brother. He wanted to check in with me. I'll have to talk with him about her when I get a chance."

11. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- Chokes on her water and coughs after hearing Nadine ask if Rend was Hyde's girlfriend. She tries to act as if nothing happened. She clears her throat. "What...did he say?" Ask hesitantly but curious. "I mean, did he make it out of the rain okay?" She changes her question.

12. Characters in this post:
    Kasumi- "He said he was going to be hanging with some school friends. He said he got drenched in the rain. He was out in the woods when it started to rain." She puts her phone away and sets her dish down after finishing. "So do you guys want to play a game now?"

Nadine- "Oh no that stinks he got rained on. Yeah! Lets play." They put away their dishes and play a few card games. They talk normally throughout the game.

13. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- "I lost again... I really stink at this game." She says sighing and leaning back on her arms. They are all sitting on the floor around one another. "Oh, I meant to ask you Nadine but you didn't know Erebus was it? You didn't know him before today right? Was he just in the woods?" She asks looking over at Nadine.

14. Characters in this post:
    Nadine- With a confused look on her face because of the game. She still doesn't really understand what is going on. "No, I didn't know him before! I'm not sure if he was from the woods but I was struggling with some boxes and I dropped one on my foot and he saw as he was on his walk and he came over to help me. He was sooo sweet!" She starts to blush a little. "I think I have a crush on him." She admits kind of under her breath. The two other girls noticing that she is turning redder and redder. "He was just so cuuttee!! OH MY GOD! SO CUTE!" She starts gushing over Erebus talking to the other girls like her old friends she had back in the States.

15. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- Her eyes get a bit widened as she hears that Nadine likes Erebus. "You like him?" She smiles, trying to hold back laughter. She isn't trying to make fun of her, she thinks it's nice for her to admit something like that to them so soon. She really feels like part of the group. "He was pretty good looking..." She tries to support Nadine, letting her know she isn't wrong for liking him. "Although.. Hyde looks much better.." She thinks to herself glancing over at Kasumi. "I wonder what his alter is.." She says to the girls in wonder. "Oh..that's right Nadine is human.. But she likes an Alter? She doesn't mind it?" She thinks, looking at Nadine. "Nadine? Can I ask you something? ...Um, I'm sorry if this is too forward. You don't have to answer it if it is... Um, but I was wondering, since you aren't an Alter...Ummm...." She struggles to ask the question. "Can you like an Altered? ...Do you want to become one? Or..Why hasn't your family?" She asks but immediately regrets it. "Oh I'm sorry.. That's not really an appropriate question is it?" She looks at Kasumi then Nadine. She then looks down at her hands on her knees, she starts fidgeting with them. "What am I thinking?! That's such a stupid question." She thinks to herself.

16. Characters in this post:
    Kasumi- Blushing a little herself because she has never been in a situation like Nadine blurting something out like that. "Well I'm glad you like him." She says to Nadine then lets Umiko talk. After Umiko asked Nadine her question and sees Umiko struggling a little she tries to break the tension. "I'm not sure if you know this Nadine, but a lot of the people in this town are Alters or Altered. It just means that we have some animal DNA. We normally get it when we are younger because the longer you wait the more problems could occur. For example I have Ox DNA. My older brother Sebastian has Satanic Gecko DNA and Hyde has Grizzly Bear. What about you Umiko what is your Altered?" She asks Umiko to try and make her feel a little better about asking the questions.

Nadine- Looks like a deer caught in headlights. "Ahhh... Am I not.... Am I not supposed to like Erebus?...... Is it against the rules? I don't think I want to have animal DNA. I just like being me I guess." She starts working through the questions and seeing Kasumi trying to help Umiko. Nadine does not really mind the questions at all she was just taken aback. She smiles and continues on her gushing over Erebus. "All I know is that that boy walked over and helped me and I got to sit next to him. eeehhhhh!"

17. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- Feels a little better when Kasumi steps in. She also see's that Nadine doesn't seem to be offended. "No, no! That's not what I meant. I mean, I don't find anything wrong with it at all.. I was just wondering how your parents might think?..." She says still slightly hesitant. "My family are all Kudu, it's a type of Antelope." She says with a slight smile but talking about her family brings up memories of her mother. Her eyes become saddened by the thoughts, she tries to snap out of it quickly. "Maybe we should try to figure out what class he's in? Maybe you could have lunch with him??" She smiles and pokes at Nadine playfully. "He seems really shy though. That's odd for a guy. ...Come to think of it Ludwig's a little shy too though isn't he? Hyde isn't though." She says the last part without thinking and her eyes get huge after realizing, she looks over at Kasumi hoping she didn't think it was weird.

18. Characters in this post:
    Nadine- "LUNCH!" She screams as she sighs and falls down backward landing on a pillow she was using to prop herself up. She is over exaggerating on propose trying to play with the other girls.

Kasumi- Laughing a little out loud as Nadine hams it up. "He must be a higher classmen. I don't think I've seen him once in the lunch room yet, so he probably goes off campus for lunch. Hmm I've never noticed Ludwig to be very shy. Honestly...... Well never mind... Hyde has never been shy. You could walk right up to him and carry on a conversation like you have been friends with him for years." She hopes the others didn't pick up on her hesitance with her Ludwig comment.

Nadine- Her ears burning thinking Kasumi likes Ludwig. She flings herself straight up smiling and starts at Kasumi. "You like Ludwig! You like Ludwig!" Kasumi looks displeased with this poking. "Oh come on you can admit it! We are all friends here we won't tell anyone right, Umiko!" She looks over to Umiko for her agreement.

Kasumi- Turning a little red but not because of embarrassment but because of frustration. "I do not like Ludwig. I think he is a fine boy, but I do not fall for someone so quick. I was going to say that he has never been shy around me, and that I think he has a crush on me. I just didn't want to sound self absorbed." She says triumphantly over the prodding Nadine.

Nadine- Gives a playful displeasing face. "Well fine. I guess you don't like him. And I suppose he likes you. I just haven't seen it is all. He doesn't say or do much around the group you know. Someone like that shouldn't be trusted! If they can't be themselves around the group then who knows what his true character is. Right Umiko?" She looks over to Umiko and quickly forgets her half soapbox speech to Kasumi and hones in on Umiko. "Umiko Umiko. Who do you like?" She leans into Umiko waiting for her answer. Kasumi just letting go of the statement is also interested in what Umiko has to say and pays attention.

19. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- She nods in agreement that he must be an upperclassmen. "Aw, Hyde is so nice... Maybe I should try to talk with him... We are in the same class after all so it wouldn't be that weird right?" She thinks after Kasumi's comment about Hyde.She get's a little giddy along with Nadine when she is asking if Kasumi liked Ludwig, but she doesn't go overboard. She tries to keep up with the conversation that is bouncing around from here to there. She is then put on the spotlight her face looks nervous but she is trying to smile though it, even though only half of her mouth is following suit. Her eyebrows turned as her eyes dart back and forth between the two that are leaning in questioning her and she feels like she is sweating. She is sitting as straight as a board with her hands on her knees. "Um... huh?" She says quietly. "HOW DID WE GET ON THIS SUBJECT?!" ...Oh right it was me?! AHH IDIOT!! Just pretend you didn't hear them!" She thinks frantically to herself as she turns red. "Heeeeey~ It's so early in the school year! I...don't like anyone yet!" She says trying to play it off. She thinks about what she just said, feeling good about it, it holds up.

20. Characters in this post:
    Kasumi- Grins rather manically knowing that she caught Umiko in a lie but cannot decide if she wants to call her out on it. She feels much more like the group. The others can surly see that she is grinding her mental gears.

Nadine- "Yeah it is early in the year I guess. I don't know he was just so much like a gentleman that I couldn't help myself." She bats her eye lids. Seeing Kasumi and her grin she gets excited. "OH KASUMI KNOWS SOMETHING! Come on spill it girl! Spill it!" She starts egging Kasumi on.

Kasumi- "I happen to think you are lying Ms. Umiko..." She says with the straightest most intense look that only a mother could give her child when caught lying to her. "Is there something you would like to say Umiko." Her grin slowly turning into a smile trying to tell Umiko that it is alright and she is not actually in trouble.

Nadine- Literally acting like a 6th grade girl is egging them both on.

21. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- "Nononononononononononononono!" She says super quickly shaking her head frantically while holding her hands up. "I-I don't like anyone yet!! You like Ludwig right!? You were lying!?...Right?" She says trying to get Kasumi as well but completely failing, no confidence in her words like the others do. She is way too flustered, but she knows the girls are just playing with her. "And... Nadine likes Erebs...I mean Erebus!" She sighs and hangs her head, her hair covering her face, knowing she isn't fooling anyone but still not ready to admit her crush. "Can we change the subject?..." She says quietly in a pleading tone. He lifts her head back up and looks at them, her face still a little red. "What do you guys think of Ichabod and that new girl?" She asks changing the subject. "I know Ick is rough around the edges but his family is super sweet, we should eat at his shop. His mother always gives me extra dumplings for Uzagi haha She has a crush on him." She says while laughing. "Dang it! I mentioned crushed again!!" She thinks while beating herself up inside. "It's getting pretty late by the way, what time do we lay down?" She asks Nadine after taking a look at her cell phone to check the time. It read 1:02AM.

22. Characters in this post:
    Kasumi- Smiling knowing that Umiko has a crush on someone and someone in the group, but she isn't sure who. "Well I think Ludwig is a nice boy is all. I don't really like Ickabod.. It isn't anything personal and I don't hate him or anything... He is just a little to crude and he seems a little wild. I don't feel safe around him I guess." She looks down not knowing if she is accurately describing her feelings. "But we could go to their restaurant for lunch tomorrow." She says forcing a smile.

Nadine- "I do like Erebus. Well it is getting late. I think we should talk a little about the beach then head to bed. I think we should try to invite everyone that helped out today at the Inn. I think it would be good if we could form our own little group. When is the next holiday break from school? We should plan for that time. I think we already have our drivers as well. Uzagi must be old enough to drive, right Umiko? I'm guessing your older brother Sebastian can drive as well? I think that would be enough maybe one more driver?" She is smiling knowing her plan is coming together little by little. "Us girls could do all the cooking, the boys could do the dishes, and we could just split up the boys and girls into their own bunk rooms. We should decide when to start asking everyone to come. I think the sooner the better! I'LL ASK EREBUS!" She looks over to Kasumi. "Umm you could ask your two brothers, Kane, Ludwig, and get Hyde to ask his girl." She turns to Umiko. "Could you ask your brother and Ick?.... That is everyone right?"

23. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- She nods with a smile at Kasumi, agreeing that they will eat there tomorrow. She knows it will be hard for Kasumi but appreciates that she is willing to give it a try. "Sure I will ask them. And yep! My brother can drive...but he tends to have a led foot..." She tells Nadine. "I..don't have a swim suit, do you think we could all go shopping for one together? Maybe we could invite that girl." She says. "Who ISN'T Hyde's girl..." She thinks angrily pouting to herself. "Our next break is in a couple of weeks right?" She asks looking over at Kasumi for her to confirm. "I think Ludwig can drive too right? He has a car." She says thinking back to seeing Ludwig's car in town a couple of times.

24. Characters in this post:
    Nadine- Getting tired but trying to smile still. "Yes a shopping trip! We could do that tomorrow after we eat at Ick's place." She yawns and looks at Kasumi.

Kasumi- Also getting tired and trying hard to keep her eyes open. "I can't really remember the next off day off the top of my head. I'll check tomorrow. Alright I don't have a swimsuit either." She thinks to herself that she hates the idea of wearing a swimsuit and having to show her legs. She is proud of her Ox Alter but gets rather uncomfortable showing off her legs. "I think I need to lay down. I am having a hard time staying up." She checks her phone and it is now closing in on 3:00 AM.

25. Characters in this post:
    Umiko- She smiles sleepily at the two and keeps nodding, agreeing with everything they are saying. "Mm, that sounds good." She says while laying down in her bed and closing her eyes. They all fall asleep almost immediately.

______

Next Day, Rend's House, Early Morning

Rend- Sleeping on the couch in basically the same position as she fell asleep in. She begins to wake up. She moves around a little here and there before finally sitting up and stretching, rubbing her eyes. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. She usually falls asleep like this most nights. She then realizes something's different. She slowly looks over at her side trailing the couch and then up an arm and to a face, she lowers her eyebrows squinting slightly to get her eyes to focus on the figure. She opens them wide when she makes Hyde out, realizing she had fallen asleep while he was still here. "HEY!!" She yells and pushes him swiftly. "W-What are you doing?!" She says with a flustered voice, embarrassed but trying not to show it. "He was asleep next to me the whole night?!" She thinks to herself as her face begins to redden. "WAKE UP BEAR BRAIN!" She yells again.

26. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- Being startled awake blinks his eyes rapidly to get them to focus. "Wha.. what. What is it?" He says thinking something is wrong then realizing that it is morning and Rend was surprised to still see him there. "Oh man! It's morning! I must have fallen asleep." He looks around the room hoping that Rend doesn't notice that he got her a blanket. If she does she will see straight through him knowing that he chose to stay the night rather than falling asleep. "He don't hit me so early! It isn't my fault we just fell asleep."

27. Characters in this post:
    Rend- "You should know not to!!" She yells at him some more and shoves his arm. "Geez what kind of guy are you!!?" She complains. "Who falls asleep in a strange place! Only a bear brain!!!" She keeps yelling as she gets up and runs upstairs. "DON'T FOLLOW ME!!" She yells and runs into her room slamming the door and putting her back to the door thinking to herself and turning more red. She breaths out and looks down. "He was there the whole night!!" She yells inside her head then runs to her bathroom and looks in the mirror, fixing her hair and rubbing her makeup under her eyes that has smudged. "MMMM! Why is he here?!" She keeps talking to herself. She pulls her hair out of the hair ties. She lifts her arm and smells herself and then runs into her closet changing out of her hoodie. She runs back to the bathroom but then right back to the closet hitting her foot on her bed frame. "OWWWWW!! STUPID!" She yells and hops around holding her one foot. She puts her hair back up and looks at herself once more in the mirror and fixing whatever she feels like is wrong then she runs back downstairs. She stands in the middle of the staircase with her arms crossed, glaring at Hyde waiting for him to say something. "Don't you dare tell anyone you slept here!!" She yells before he can speak. "Got it!?" She looks away embarrassed.

28. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- Feeling bad for having stayed the night and hearing her banging around upstairs. "What was I supposed to do! If I left the door would have just been unlocked. I thought it would be better if I slept there rather than going someone else in the house and her stumbling on me in the morning." He thinks to himself trying to figure out if he did the right thing. He hears more banging around. "Are you alright up there!" He calls from the foot of the stairs but doesn't think she heard him. He thinks about calling up again to her, but she flings open the door and is half way down the stairs before he knows it. "Hey I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to over stay my welcome. Honestly, you fell asleep and I didn't think I should go because I couldn't lock the door behind me. I just didn't want to leave you in danger is all." He looks down at his feet as he kicks his foot around like a school boy being reprimanded by his teacher. "I am sorry." He says under his breath but loud enough for her to hear it. "I won't say anything to anyone. I don't want to start any rumors." He says as he looks up at Rend.

29. Characters in this post:
    Rend- "Good! At least you know you did wrong.." She says letting up a little, but honestly glad he stayed. She feels good when Hyde is around. It's not something she can really explain yet but she likes Hyde near her. She looks at him again uncrossing her arms. "...Well you slept here you might as well eat breakfast here.." She says in a grumpy tone, then points to the kitchen. "You cook.." She says bluntly. "I don't eat eggs." She looks at him like a child defying their parents. She walks down the stairs and into the kitchen, waiting for him to follow her.

30. Characters in this post:
    Hyde- Smiling a little seeing that Rend is letting up on him and is letting him stay longer. He likes Rend and is starting to feel more connected with her, but doesn't quite understand the level of connect yet. He follows her into the kitchen noticing she changed her hair a little. "So if you don't eat eggs.... How about.... Do you eat french toast?"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Posts 121 to 150 of 170