Login to your account

The Devil's Night Masquerade - Closed

A mysterious costume ball held on October 31st, where vampires sip wine with werewolves, humans dance with imps, and you - for one night - can be whoever you wish to be.......

Tags: ball, devils night, event, halloween, masquerade, mystery, party, supernatural

Character Approval: No

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Open

Creator: Schizophrenic

Created: 09-30-2014, 09:16 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

The stone mansion you arrive at towers imposingly into the clear night sky, the yellow kiss of the harvest moon catching its renaissance era inspired design. But despite the very strong taste of an ominous mystery on your tongue, its magnificence draws you in as the heavy cherry wood doors crack open.

Suddenly, the doorway is awash with the sound of excitement and an extravagant band is playing within. The hustle and bustle of the many guests only further cement the fact that this is really the place to be on Devil's Night. Anyone who is anyone—worth a damn in the hosts' eyes—received an invitation. In fact, speaking of devils...

"Salutations, ladies and gents, welcome to my little soiree!" A tall, skinny man announces as he comes across. He has on a red, devil's mask the edges stopping just shy of his grin. 

"Please, please, let my people take your coat, fetch you a drink... care for any hors d'oeuvres?" His long arms stretch out towards the ceiling as he presents you with an event he was most certainly proud of. The room is flooded with guests—every inch, every nook, and every cranny filled with an audience. 

The walls and fixtures were decorated to the nine's for this particular evening: pumpkins were aglow with varying faces carved into its' shells, glittery cobwebs caught the sparkle of the chandeliers above. There were even eyeballs bobbing around in the punch, but those were obviously olives... Obviously, right?

Everyone is in costume—yourself included: an alluring vampire to your left, a masked prince on your right, and a sexy little minx running ahead, nearly spilling her drink in her haste. Ah, the anonymity of the masquerade leaves you feeling bold as if tonight you can be whatever and whoever you please. Or, perhaps, tonight is the night to finally be who you always were—are.

"Did you see the magician? I swear, those weren't just tricks!" A woman behind you boasts. 

"I'm tellin' ya! I c-caught a man—hic—turning into a beast unda da moon in da courtyard!" A man, who's clearly had one drink too many for the evening, whispers, his words louder than he might have believed. 

Tonight is a night where all the world's mysteries come out to play. And as the clock counts down the evening, you find yourself wondering if the rumors of the fantastical and the incredible are true, if there is any truth to the stories: are the guests here tonight not all entirely human?

Rules

Any questions or concerns regarding the roleplay, feel free to ask in OOC or contact Xavirne, joonsexual or myself.

1 - Respect the individual. Don't control someone's character without permission, write fairly and treat others with the same amount of respect you wish to be treated with.
2 - Do not violate site rules and regulations.
3 - This is a PG - 13 game, take any adult content elsewhere, please and thank you! 
4 - Follow the "skirt" rule, keep your posts long enough to cover the essentials but short enough to be interesting.