Login to your account

Time Slayers: Lullabies of Tomorrow - Closed

The lullabies of tomorrow bring about the end of time. Slay the lost and bring back the ticking hands of time.......

Tags: action/adventure, battle, horror, souls, suspense, time

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 03-14-2014, 02:31 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC

Overview

Introduction

Curiosity killed the cat, or so we're told, but that has nothing to do with our story.  No, our story is a much more magical number.  It's about a group of individuals who need to conquer time.  But there's much more to the story than just that.  You see, our heroes need to collect the voices of the lost to bring about tomorrow.  

Forever stuck in an infinite loop of time, our heroes need to travel the great kingdom of Vitex to find those who have been lost to time.  Ghosts, known as the lost, have sprung up and have stopped time.  How?  Why?  Well, these ghosts all had life stolen from them.  They died long before their time, whether accidental or purposely doesn't matter.  What does matter is bringing peace to these tormented souls.

The lost sing daunting lullabies that cause terror in fear in the lives of those living.  If you hear the voice of a lost, someone you know will die within three days time.  Slowly but surely, the world has lost a great many people.  With the lost still plaguing the world and stopping the advancement of life.

Our story takes place over the course of seven days.  If not enough lost are consumed, time will be reset and our heroes will have to try again.  Failure is not an option.  But be warned, with each reset of the clock, more lost souls appear.  You see, for every life you can't safe the first time, they come back as a lost in the next round.  The more times you 'fail,' the more lost you'll have to face.  And if too many lost exist, you'll be doomed.  So, in reality, there is an end.  Don't let the clock run out and don't let the eerie lullabies of the lost be the only tomorrow.

Rules

Regarding in-game rules, it is asked that all parties color character speech to make conversations more distinct.  Each person is also asked to write so that the story can be enhanced or played forward.  Writing a wall of text for the sake of labeling yourself "advanced" is not a valid reason to post.  Post meaningful information, which can be highly detailed.  So long as the text is rich and enjoyable and not overly excessive, there will be no writing limitations or concerns.

Do your best to avoid grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.  I cannot enforce a "reread what you write" rule as I do not follow this practice myself as I don't believe roleplaying should be critiqued, professionally or academically, as it is a form of entertainment.

Posts should be written in third person point-of-view but first person point-of-view will not be condoned.  Write what is most comfortable for you and your character.

Please be mindful of how often you post.  Not everyone, myself included, can be on 24/7.  If you notice you are prolonging the story without everyone having a fair chance to respond, you are asked to wait.  Although I'm not a patient person, I too will do my best to abide by this rule.  Far too often people get left behind and lose interest in a story.  I do not want this to be the case.

Should you vanish, without warning, your character will fall under my control until your return.  Should you not return (as in your account has not been active for one month), your character will be killed off, thus allowing a new player to enter the game.  If you give advanced warning for your leaving, your character will still fall into my control but will not be killed off, unless certain circumstances arise.